Monty Tech superintendent resigns - Sentinel & Enterprise

James Culkeen resigned from his position as superintendent of the Montachusett Regional Vocational Technical School at a School Committee meeting Wednesday, after eight years on the job. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
MT teacher also

Clinton, MA

#48 Dec 3, 2010
Couldn't have said it better myself, my friend
Proud to be a MT Teacher wrote:
Marina - please stop. Whatever your connection to MT, you are a bit of an embarassment with your statements.
Tech Dad - while your loyalty is admirable, you saw the public image of Mr. Culkeen. For years, there have been enough incidents that have happened which finally came to light. However, during it all, the staff of MT has always endeavored to provide our students with their education despite whatever else is going on. As adults, we believe in taking care of your children and our students as best as we can. I'm glad your children met with success.
Tom Porter Supporters - kind thoughts, but Mr. Porter is not Superintendent material, and I think he'd be the first to tell you that!
Kelly-bashers - Please stop attacking this girl. While there are obviously two sides to every story, please try to understand that this was a young teenager in a difficult position which never got better. For the adults that keep attacking her in this medium - consider if she was any child you care about. Please leave her alone.
For that matter, leave alone any other people from MT. We are all trying to regroup and, in the words of acting-chairperson of the school committee Diane Swenson, "Move Forward." This hasn't been easy for any of us and we truly want to just get back to the business of educating our kids. I respect the opinions of the taxpayers (ironically, I pay taxes to pay my salary!), but the amount of hate and rudeness is too much. Please think before anonymously typing such hateful messages.
who really knows

Clinton, MA

#49 Dec 3, 2010
How dare you call Kelly's behavior disgraceful? If you don't know all parties involved and don't know all the facts and only get your information from the Sentinel and this blog..then shame on you for assuming that Kelly was the one in the wrong. AND...how can you even think THAT was enough to bring down the BIG MAN Jim Culkeen? I'm pretty sure there was plenty of other sketchy stuff going on over at MT that warranted the investigation.
Counseling wrote:
I empathize with Mr. Culkeen and I have never met him nor have I had a child in his school.
I am the parent of a now adult individual with extreme intelligence and severe mental illness. I had deja vu when I read about Kelly Culkeen's disgraceful behavior. Whoever is her lawyer should be shunned by all respectful people.
It is true that there are children who murder their parents. There are more ways to murder than by taking their lives. It is a terrible thing to take someone's good name.
I know. I've been there, and many years later, I still experience vitriole and the willingness of gossipmongers and bullies to believe the garbage that is spewed.
Mr. Culkeen is to be commended for not publicly denouncing this bad seed. Shame on the school committee for allowing themselves to become a lynching party.
SentinelSucks

Salem, MA

#50 Dec 4, 2010
The most disgusting part of this story is this joke of a newspaper allowing these hateful comment boards to continue, where no valid conversation takes places, just spreading of hate and rumors. We all know the Sentinel is the local tabloid rag newspaper, barley hanging on in a dying industry, desperate for sensational headlines, but this is LOW even by their pathetic standards. The terms of service state "this board reserves the right to remove posts with personal information or comments, personal attacks, foul language, and posts that are off-topic"but of course they let this continue. Reporters would be fired/sued, and newspapaers would be shut down if they printed rumors like this...but they can let it go on in annonymous comments, and act like it is out of their hands and encouraging conversation, when really it is LIBEL and SLANDER that they are encouraging. PATHETIC! SHAME ON YOU, SENTINEL.
SentinelSucks

Salem, MA

#51 Dec 4, 2010
And to the reporter Ms. Devlin...i know following this story may have seemed like a big investigative break for you, and probably got your p**ssy wet a little (we can say things like this on this board!) I hope you know that your work for the most infamously pathetic newspaper in the state, that has a history chewing up and spitting out starry eyed young reporters like yourself. When you realize in a few years that journalism is dead, and whats remaining of it is NOT writing for a shit paper in a shit city, I hope Culkeen is your new boss as you settle down as a disgruntled high school english teacher one day. Do yourself a favor and GET OUT while you can!
Fitchburg parent

Gardner, MA

#52 Dec 5, 2010
You know a newspaper is doing its job when it's pissing people off. Good job Ms. Devlin. And, whoever wrote this crude comment, this is the most disgusting post that I have seen in a long time. I hope you are proud of yourself. I have a daughter. That fact alone would prevent me from writing something like what you have. I don't know if you are male or female. But, based on your quote, if you are male you are not a man and if you are a woman then I hope no one speaks to you that way.
SentinelSucks wrote:
And to the reporter Ms. Devlin...i know following this story may have seemed like a big investigative break for you, and probably got your p**ssy wet a little (we can say things like this on this board!) I hope you know that your work for the most infamously pathetic newspaper in the state, that has a history chewing up and spitting out starry eyed young reporters like yourself. When you realize in a few years that journalism is dead, and whats remaining of it is NOT writing for a shit paper in a shit city, I hope Culkeen is your new boss as you settle down as a disgruntled high school english teacher one day. Do yourself a favor and GET OUT while you can!
Smithers freind

Lynn, MA

#55 Mar 15, 2011
Don't worry we have a gem for you.She is currently a director in our school. She has no ties in your district, and will come in to smash, and bash your politics as she has done here. Remember this. All will be forgotten soon with this backdoor tactic. Things will be great in Pardis. Lady from LVTI-- DOE shakeup to prevent arrests. Keep your ears open for this new candidate. She is a peach. Everything will be squashed like a Concord grape. It's in the works.
upset - real - parent

Auburn, MA

#56 May 12, 2011
Counseling wrote:
I empathize with Mr. Culkeen and I have never met him nor have I had a child in his school.
I am the parent of a now adult individual with extreme intelligence and severe mental illness. I had deja vu when I read about Kelly Culkeen's disgraceful behavior. Whoever is her lawyer should be shunned by all respectful people.
It is true that there are children who murder their parents. There are more ways to murder than by taking their lives. It is a terrible thing to take someone's good name.
I know. I've been there, and many years later, I still experience vitriole and the willingness of gossipmongers and bullies to believe the garbage that is spewed.
Mr. Culkeen is to be commended for not publicly denouncing this bad seed. Shame on the school committee for allowing themselves to become a lynching party.
whomever wrote this one, if you dont know what you are talking about, dont say anything at all, you cant compare you story with kelly's... she's #1 a teenage girl, which is tough enough in todays world,#2 kelly had a rough life, like most of us, shes pretty much been lied to her whole life from the state(D.S.S), she was fraudulently taken from her loving "birth" parents, and thrown into a crap life.... Basically separated from her siblings, and expected to be just fine and react well to everything. As far as taking someone's good name, if you werent there to know what the truth is, you shouldnt speak at all.... I know this might be difficult for you but try putting yourself in her shoes, bet you wouldnt last a day...
metoo

Auburn, MA

#57 May 17, 2011
what a mess wrote:
I think his daughter should get some counseling and grow up. She is cut from the same cloth as her mother. She taught her well.
I think if she was with her real parents this crap wouldnt of happened because she would have the loving parents on her side that love her and always will and will believe in her and what she has to say they would be beside her every step of the way
that the mr culkeen got what he deserved and he's lucky thats all he got
The other Smither

Lynn, MA

#58 Jun 8, 2011
She is mailing herself letters, implicating the people she fears. Telling lies, and trying to oust the most educated teachers. She has no such certification as she claims, knows nothing about the job she has been placed in, has hired a sexual deviate as an administrator. She has eliminated many good students for no good reason. Has done everything to make us an underperforming school, and is just the best thing we would ever expect from our fantastic City. Everything is great in paradis. We get an additional $2,000,000 if we are identified an under performing school. Why would we ever be anything else? Thanks DIANE Great Job.
james culkeen

Springfield, MA

#59 Jan 17, 2012
hey maria i was wondering what your new cell phone number was im looking for another sexual encounter
Student with yourDaugther

Ashburnham, MA

#60 Jan 18, 2012
Fitchburg parent wrote:
You know a newspaper is doing its job when it's pissing people off. Good job Ms. Devlin. And, whoever wrote this crude comment, this is the most disgusting post that I have seen in a long time. I hope you are proud of yourself. I have a daughter. That fact alone would prevent me from writing something like what you have. I don't know if you are male or female. But, based on your quote, if you are male you are not a man and if you are a woman then I hope no one speaks to you that way. <quoted text>
But it was ok for your daughter to steal a final test off the teachers desk and you said it was the teaches fault for leaving it out? Your daughter loves to drink and see how many guys she can BL*W in one night. WOW Single mom of the year for a raising a great daughter
Bob

Springfield, MA

#61 Jan 24, 2012
Marina wrote:
Maria Lysen? Where are you????
Greenfield High School, Greenfield, MA 01301 she's here as vice principal
Anon

Winchendon, MA

#62 Aug 8, 2013
Tech Dad wrote:
Very Very Well Put.
<quoted text>
Kelly disgraced his name? Please. That man slept around with so many employees and was the cockiest man I have ever met. Thank God he left
Winner

Leominster, MA

#63 Aug 8, 2013
ding ding ding ding ding...And we have a winner in the "This Story is Too Old and Irrelevant for Anyone to Care Anymore" category.
Jtn

Concord, MA

#64 Aug 10, 2013
Isn't it fit and un t Monty Tech

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This time I really mean it. Really. 1 hr Lynch 1
Fattman cries foul over defaced signs 3 hr Tammy 32
Lynch request for court case to be brought forw... (Jul '13) 15 hr Lynch Clone 68
5 finalist for Chief of Fitchburg ,Ma. Mon Jtn 32
Current Fitchburg Mon Jtn 6
Family mourns loss of young mother devoted to b... (Jul '09) Sun Kevin Lynch 41
Fitchburg's arts at center of roundtable Sun Tammy 2

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Dating
Find my Match

Fitchburg Jobs

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fitchburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fitchburg