Fitchburg sex ed teacher indicted on charges she raped student

Posted in the Fitchburg Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#1 Aug 23, 2013
http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/topstory...
WORCESTER - A former female sex ed teacher at North Central Charter Essential School in Fitchburg was arraigned in Worcester Superior Court Friday afternoon on charges she raped a 14-year-old male student multiple times.

Rachelle Gendron, 27, of 4 Sheridan St., Fitchburg, was indicted on charges of enticement of a child under 16-years-old and five counts of rape aggravated by age difference, said Worcester County District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr.'s spokesman Timothy J. Connolly. The charges carry a state mandated 10-year sentence.

Gendron appeared in court handcuffed and crying. She was still crying as she signed paperwork for her $2,000 cash bail in the clerk magistrate's office afterward.

She has been fired from her job at the school, where she worked as a health and sex education teacher for five years.

"As a result of the investigation she is no longer working there," Riddle said.

Gendron pleaded not guilty to the charges.

According to the indictments in the clerk's office, Gendron had sex with the boy three times in October of 2012, once in January and again in March of 2013. Sometime from April to March she enticed the boy, one indictment alleged.

Assistant District Attorney Cheryl Riddle requested a $5,000 bail. Defense attorney Andrea Levy asked for no bail on the promise Gendron return for her next court day Oct. 10. Judge James R. Lemire settled on $2,000.

Gendron is not allowed to contact the victim, not allowed to teach or have contact with children under 16-years-old, and must abide by a harassment order issued in Fitchburg District Court.

Fitchburg Police Department detectives David Daigle and Sgt. Ernest Martineau attended the arraignment but did not comment.

Investigators conducted forensic studies on Gendron and the victim's cell phones, Riddle said. The investigation uncovered text messages between teacher and student "in various states of undress with genitals and breasts exposed," according to Riddle.
The student is no longer enrolled at the school, according to principal Stephanie Davolos.

The school issued a statement following the arraignment.

"The North Central Charter Essential School's highest priority is the safety and well-being of our students, and we are both shocked and concerned by the allegations against the former employee in question," the statement said. "Upon first learning of those allegations, we took prompt and appropriate action consistent with the best interests of our students, which included swiftly terminating the individual and fully cooperating with law enforcement authorities investigating this matter."

Gendron has no prior criminal record, according to a courtroom clerk.

After the arraignment, Gendron's attorney said her client "maintains her innocence and intends to defend" herself in court.

Gendron's father declined to comment on the charges.

Gendron began teaching at the school n 2008. A graduate of Wheaton College in Norton, Mass., Gendron earned her B.A. in English and studio art (Summa Cum Laude).

Gendron is a sister of Phi Beta Kappa and "enjoys sleeping late, singing opera, healthy excess and anything 'impractical,'" according to an online profile.
Droopyballs

Gardner, MA

#2 Aug 24, 2013
Where was she when I was 14? His dad should have told him not to say anything and enjoy the ride!
Rollstone

Gardner, MA

#3 Aug 24, 2013
Droopyballs wrote:
Where was she when I was 14? His dad should have told him not to say anything and enjoy the ride!
So its ok with you because it was a boy, What if it was your daughter that was 14 and it was a male teacher. Your are so stupid
Droopyballs

Gardner, MA

#4 Aug 24, 2013
Rollstone wrote:
<quoted text>
So its ok with you because it was a boy, What if it was your daughter that was 14 and it was a male teacher. Your are so stupid
Are you okay?
Hmmmm

Leominster, MA

#5 Aug 24, 2013
Um yeah. Sex Education teacher having sex. What's next? Math teachers teaching geometry? What I would like to see is English teachers teaching proper English. What does the kid say?'I went to a sex ed class and she taught me everything!'.
Hmmmm

Leominster, MA

#6 Aug 24, 2013
Here is another brilliant idea. Let's fill a classroom of students with loaded guns and teach them about gun safety WEEEEEEEEEE! Oops I think I just shot my friend Joey in the arm!
Hmmmm

Leominster, MA

#7 Aug 24, 2013
Just think about it for a second. Growing up as a kid we didn't have a 'Sex ED' teacher. We just had our parents saying 'Don't knock her up!'. I wouldn't have let my kids go to a 'Sex Ed' class in school. What is the exam like?'OK the penis goes into what?'. Wow I know this one so I get an A+!!!!!!
Really

Leominster, MA

#8 Aug 24, 2013
Sexual predators are not a funny subject. You know better. Knock it off.
RollStone

Gardner, MA

#9 Aug 25, 2013
Droopyballs wrote:
You feel this was ok to do?? Do you have kids?? What if this happen to your child?? You have very low morals
Your a idiot !!
Droopyballs

Gardner, MA

#10 Aug 25, 2013
RollStone wrote:
<quoted text>
You feel this was ok to do?? Do you have kids?? What if this happen to your child?? You have very low morals
Your a idiot !!
Obviously from a woman's point of view it is different. Send me a pm on yahoo later.
Hmmmm

Leominster, MA

#11 Aug 25, 2013
You can't rape the willing. He was sexting her and she was sexting him. I hate to say it but when you are a 14 year old boy you would screw a wood pile if someone told there was a wet beaver in it.
Droopyballs

Gardner, MA

#12 Aug 25, 2013
Hmmmm wrote:
You can't rape the willing. He was sexting her and she was sexting him. I hate to say it but when you are a 14 year old boy you would screw a wood pile if someone told there was a wet beaver in it.
Exactly, just for the bragging rights too, plus he is now the big man on campus.

I was alone and scared when I lost my virginity, at least he had something else other than his hand.

Nothing wrong with learning from a mature girl but as he gets older he should know always keep them around 25 years old even when he is 40 or 50.

A woman older than 25 becomes to possessive, demanding and bitchy.
Funny

Fitchburg, MA

#13 Aug 25, 2013
Droopyballs wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, just for the bragging rights too, plus he is now the big man on campus.
I was alone and scared when I lost my virginity, at least he had something else other than his hand.
Nothing wrong with learning from a mature girl but as he gets older he should know always keep them around 25 years old even when he is 40 or 50.
You sound gay. So very, very gay. And I'm certain your wife is getting services by someone else.
RollStone

Gardner, MA

#14 Aug 25, 2013
Droopyballs wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya But you were home alone with your dog.

WOW Than its ok for your daughter to do the same??

AGAIN your a idiot!!
Hmmmm

Leominster, MA

#15 Aug 25, 2013
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound gay. So very, very gay. And I'm certain your wife is getting services by someone else.
HEY! What's wrong with gay people? For all you know I could being doing all kinds of gay sex right now and have a rattle snake sticking half way out of my butt! You should try and be more accepting.
Hmmmm

Leominster, MA

#16 Aug 25, 2013
I don't understand society. Mike Tyson admits he tried to have sex with an eleven year old girl and he's applauded for his honesty and put on a pedestal. This teacher made this kids wildest dreams come true and she is prosecuted and considered the Devil?
RollStone

Gardner, MA

#17 Aug 25, 2013
Hmmmm wrote:
I don't understand society. Mike Tyson admits he tried to have sex with an eleven year old girl and he's applauded for his honesty and put on a pedestal. This teacher made this kids wildest dreams come true and she is prosecuted and considered the Devil?
Would you say the same if it was a 14year old girl and a 27 year old man?? Is that ok ???
Really

Leominster, MA

#18 Aug 25, 2013
The point is someone was 14 years old and it makes no difference whether or not they were willing. An authority figure and a minor = jailtime. Period. There is no such thing as "willing" when you are a minor, that is why they define an age statute. There is no grey area here. Makes no difference the sex of the minor. Picture if the teacher had been male and the 14 year old also male - is it still cute and funny to you? It is Jerry Sandusky. Keep joking. It is predatory whether the minor was coming on or not.
Droopyballs

Gardner, MA

#19 Aug 26, 2013
RollStone wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya But you were home alone with your dog.
WOW Than its ok for your daughter to do the same??
AGAIN your a
My daughter has a boyfriend, she wouldn't be home alone with my dog.....wink.
RollStone

Gardner, MA

#20 Aug 26, 2013
Droopyballs wrote:
<quoted text>
My daughter has a boyfriend, she wouldn't be home alone with my dog.....wink.
What would you say if a 27 year old man had sex with her if she was only 14?? would that be ok with you or would you be upset??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dan Kirouac live in Fitchburg 10 hr BillyBob 6
Woman's husband likes to wear pantyhose - Senti... (Jul '08) 16 hr Nylon guy 55
Upcoming Lynch Committment (Jan '14) 18 hr Lynch for Mayor 92
lynch for mayor 2014 (Apr '12) 19 hr Porky Lynch 310
Massachusetts town drops plan for ban on tobacc... Sat Jtn 5
This time I really mean it. Really. Sat The Insider 43
Lynch request for court case to be brought forw... (Jul '13) Sat kev lynch 115

Winter Storm Watch for Worcester County was issued at November 24 at 3:45PM EST

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Dating