Executives indicted for alleged $1B s...

Executives indicted for alleged $1B scheme - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 132 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Sep 12, 2008, titled Executives indicted for alleged $1B scheme - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

The former chairman of a bankrupt Lunenburg plastics company, Charles N. Gitto Jr., has been indicted in federal court along with five other former executives of Gitto Global Corp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
rdu

Manchester, MA

#1 Sep 12, 2008
I hope they fry your asses!!!!!!!
Unbelievable

Boston, MA

#2 Sep 12, 2008
Being the son of an extremely hard working honest man who happened to be working at the company when this all went down, I hope to see these white collar criminals get what they deserve and be required to serve a nominal prison term. I think a message should be sent to the community that you cannot just do whatever you want without serious consequences. The Gittos have been notorious for these kinds of misdoings for decades.
I can't imagine how much money they've managed to put in obscure accounts throughout the world and they'll probably be financially set for the rest of their lives and thier children's childrens lives. But I hope they get the piss beat out of them someday in jail, hope they have to endure pain and anguish on every level, and maybe then will they begin to repent for the theft of money from honest hard working people.
Marie in the Burg

Great Barrington, MA

#3 Sep 12, 2008
Unbelievable wrote:
The Gittos have been notorious for these kinds of misdoings for decades.
I have heard the same thing from MANY, many people, and they are thrilled to hear they are getting some of what they deserve. Happily, I don't know them but I have heard from decent, hard working people that for as long as they can remember Gitto = professional scam artists.
Blueboy

Newton Upper Falls, MA

#4 Sep 12, 2008
I hope we don't get a liberal judge on this case..
These people when found guilty,should be put away for a long,long time.
Oh please

Clinton, MA

#5 Sep 12, 2008
Oh please... they still have their big houses and their kids are still in private schools, so where do you think the money is coming from? What they have stolen is probably well buried some place.
Someone paying attention

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#6 Sep 12, 2008
... ever notice that when average working families are trying to get ahead and maybe negotiate for fair wages with genuine benefits through a Union contract that business owners, like the Gitto's, make a big fuss by complaining that they can't operate their business because those overwhelming labor costs [in reality - sub-minumum wage paychecks without benefits] are killing them?

Why is it that people never seem to grasp it's actually guys like the Gitto's, and other Enron types, that cost working families billions. Not workers who ask for a decent wage..

The average Union worker is stuggling to pay for gas in their used car to get to a job where guys like the Gitto's abuse their honest hard working nature by stealing billions to make themselves rich without conscience ...
David Kenna

Lunenburg, MA

#7 Sep 12, 2008
Gary Gitto's greed and narcissism caused the deaths of my three infant children. My wife was a salaried plastics engineer at Gitto Global and when she would not co-operate with the Gitto/ Miller/ Moritz etc. scheme, Gitto took offense. When my wife Susan Kenna announced that she had to decrease her work hours on account of her pregancy, Gitto illegally cut Susan's salary, contrary to law under the Fair Labor Standards Act. The day Susan found out her salary was cut 25% by Gitto & Nicholas Semenza, September 27th, 2001, Susan went into early labor at 22 1/2 weeks. I delivered two of our triplets in the parking lot of Leominster Hospital. The third child was delivered in the hospital. Michael Collins, Patrick Francis, & Kathryn Rose Kenna were Baptized and died within hours, and are buried in Saint Leo's Cemetery. Susan returned to work after a few weeks and was fired by Gitto & Semenza for "financial reasons". We sued Gitto, Semenza, and Gitto Global for pregnancy discrimination, wrongful termination, and wrongful death of our triplets. Three weeks after our suit was filed, Gitto Global declared bankruptcy. Steven Panagiotes, an attorney & brother in law to Gary Gitto, told me our lawsuit was "frivolous" so I got drunk one night, called his office telephone and left a message calling him a little bitch amongst other things, and asked him how he would like a gravestone like mine with my three kids names on it. Attorney Panagiotes immediately called the Fitchburg police, had me arrested in front of my living children, and made every attempt to prosecute me and have my law license revoked.

I pray it it God's will that they all get what they deserve, especially Attorney Panagiotes.

David Kenna, Sterling MA, currently on full time US Army duty as an Infantry Embedded Tactical Trainer Combat Advisor to the Afghan National Army & Afghan National Police in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.
Daisy

Boston, MA

#8 Sep 12, 2008
Its sad to see how this family impacted so many lives in a negative way to benefit themselves and their families. All this money will do them little good in jail. I hope for the working families affected, justice is served.
Heres a thought

Shirley, MA

#9 Sep 12, 2008
How did the banks allow this to happen? How do you fake millions of dollars without someone catching on? How do you fake deposits into a bank??? Where are the checks and balances?
The lenders definitely need to be on the hook for stupidity!!!
As for the Gittos, you get what you get!
Ha ha ha

Clinton, MA

#10 Sep 12, 2008
Oh how the mighty have fallen. Everyone is town were always so impressed by the elite family, and now look at them?
George W Around Town

Springfield, MA

#11 Sep 12, 2008
I guess running for public office is out of the questgion for the Gittos based on the above comments. It unfortunate as they have all the "qualifications" to be politicians.
LOL

Shirley, MA

#12 Sep 12, 2008
George W Around Town wrote:
I guess running for public office is out of the questgion for the Gittos based on the above comments. It unfortunate as they have all the "qualifications" to be politicians.
Good one!!
cousin ralph

Manchester, MA

#13 Sep 12, 2008
The world is round! It is about time this came to pass. See you in ten to fifteen Gary!!!
annmaeft

United States

#14 Sep 12, 2008
Someone paying attention wrote:
... ever notice that when average working families are trying to get ahead and maybe negotiate for fair wages with genuine benefits through a Union contract that business owners, like the Gitto's, make a big fuss by complaining that they can't operate their business because those overwhelming labor costs [in reality - sub-minumum wage paychecks without benefits] are killing them?
Why is it that people never seem to grasp it's actually guys like the Gitto's, and other Enron types, that cost working families billions. Not workers who ask for a decent wage..
The average Union worker is stuggling to pay for gas in their used car to get to a job where guys like the Gitto's abuse their honest hard working nature by stealing billions to make themselves rich without conscience ...
Nobody at that company was underpaid.
Jon

Fitchburg, MA

#15 Sep 12, 2008
David Kenna wrote:
Gary Gitto's greed and narcissism caused the deaths of my three infant children. My wife was a salaried plastics engineer at Gitto Global and when she would not co-operate with the Gitto/ Miller/ Moritz etc. scheme, Gitto took offense. When my wife Susan Kenna announced that she had to decrease her work hours on account of her pregancy, Gitto illegally cut Susan's salary, contrary to law under the Fair Labor Standards Act. The day Susan found out her salary was cut 25% by Gitto & Nicholas Semenza, September 27th, 2001, Susan went into early labor at 22 1/2 weeks. I delivered two of our triplets in the parking lot of Leominster Hospital. The third child was delivered in the hospital. Michael Collins, Patrick Francis, & Kathryn Rose Kenna were Baptized and died within hours, and are buried in Saint Leo's Cemetery. Susan returned to work after a few weeks and was fired by Gitto & Semenza for "financial reasons". We sued Gitto, Semenza, and Gitto Global for pregnancy discrimination, wrongful termination, and wrongful death of our triplets. Three weeks after our suit was filed, Gitto Global declared bankruptcy. Steven Panagiotes, an attorney & brother in law to Gary Gitto, told me our lawsuit was "frivolous" so I got drunk one night, called his office telephone and left a message calling him a little **** amongst other things, and asked him how he would like a gravestone like mine with my three kids names on it. Attorney Panagiotes immediately called the Fitchburg police, had me arrested in front of my living children, and made every attempt to prosecute me and have my law license revoked.
I pray it it God's will that they all get what they deserve, especially Attorney Panagiotes.
David Kenna, Sterling MA, currently on full time US Army duty as an Infantry Embedded Tactical Trainer Combat Advisor to the Afghan National Army & Afghan National Police in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.
i know nothing of this scam aside from what i just read in this article. i just wanted to say i am sorry for what happened to your family, and thank you for serving out country.
annmaeft

United States

#16 Sep 12, 2008
Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
i know nothing of this scam aside from what i just read in this article. i just wanted to say i am sorry for what happened to your family, and thank you for serving out country.
Susan had fallen out of grace with Gary but I never really new why.
Joe Smith

Somerville, MA

#17 Sep 12, 2008
The arrogance of the Gittos never ceased to amaze me. They always acted as if they were royalty. I guess they are now royally screwed, but as an earlier post mentioned they still live in big houses drive expensive cars and kids are still in private schools. All of this while the people whose money they stole await some sort of judgement.

They are snakes. Always have been and always will be.How can people be so arrogant to think that noone would ever catch on.

It is not as though they were stealing because they could not feed their kids.They were already well off. I guess Gary needed a bigger boat in the Caribean and Frank needed more $200 bottles of wine for his wine cellar in his million dollar home.

They will get a slap on the wrist and short time in some country club jail.
mike J

Somerville, MA

#18 Sep 12, 2008
and what a shame to hear that Charly's 35 year old wife left him now that the money is tight. I thought for sure the "love" those crazy kids had for each other would carry them through!!
annmaeft

United States

#19 Sep 12, 2008
mike J wrote:
and what a shame to hear that Charly's 35 year old wife left him now that the money is tight. I thought for sure the "love" those crazy kids had for each other would carry them through!!
Wrong, Mike. Charlie's wife is 37 this year.
In the city

Auburn, MA

#21 Sep 12, 2008
This was a NON UNION Company....Get a life
Someone paying attention wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just Another Tuesday 4 hr GOBN 6
remember that lynch is out of his mind 17 hr Voters love LYNCH 4
News SJC grants new trial to homeless man in trespas... Fri DCF CPS DSS are ... 1
News Coast Guard: Body recovered from Gulf sailboat ... Fri Think About It 2
Lynch not running for Elected Position anymore Jun 23 Louie 12
Kevin Lynch, Big Fat Blowhard Jun 23 Voters love LYNCH 11
Lynch Will Never Deliver on Anything Jun 20 Fred Flintstone 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fitchburg Mortgages