Fitchburg school officials OK anti-bullying policy - Sentinel & Enterprise

Dec 7, 2010 Read more: Sentinel & Enterprise
School Committee members approved Schools Superintendent Andre Ravenelle's initial recommendations to implement the new Massachusetts anti-bullying bill Monday night. Read more
TKM3

Concord, MA

#1 Dec 7, 2010
It's about bloody time. Shameful that suicide is the wake up call.

Since: Apr 09

Leominster

#2 Dec 7, 2010
Bad as it sounds we are raising a generation of wimps that rely on a "law" to protect them. For eons there have been bullies. Those being bullied either got gonads emough to handle the situation or learned to live with being bullied. What are these kids going to do when they get out of school and into the real world where bullying is part of life. And the parents aren't much better for not taking care of the situation rather than pushing it off onto the school system. Its called personal responsibility!
Daisy

Canton, MA

#3 Dec 7, 2010
Its the parenting that has created these bullies in the first place. We are not raising a generation of wimps, instead bad parenting leads to these bullies. As they say it is a psychological problem and most of what they learn is from their parents. I applaud the intervention and hope it will help identify the troublemakers and get them the help they need to become better adults.
First Leominster Resident

Leominster, MA

#4 Dec 7, 2010
Ihearold...you must have been the bully...I graduated in 82...A girl two years older then me committed suicide for this very reason...it has nothing to do with this generation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Female moose wanders into downtown Fitchburg 7 hr Vinnie 7
Lynchies Big Reveal 9 hr Vinnie 60
News Man who fled into Fitchburg river is arraigned 15 hr Huh 3
Is the GOBN the modern day NAZI with som member... 15 hr BillyBob for Mayor 102
News Mass. teacher finds success with flipped model 19 hr Jtn 1
News Fleeing arrest, he went swimming Thu Jtn 3
News Anne Heaton to perform at FSU Thu Jtn 1
More from around the web

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE