Fitchburg man and Worcester woman pro...

Fitchburg man and Worcester woman pronounced dead at I-190 accident...

There are 25 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Jul 18, 2010, titled Fitchburg man and Worcester woman pronounced dead at I-190 accident.... In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Two people, including a 23-year-old Fitchburg man, were killed early Saturday morning when a driver going south in the northbound lanes on Interstate 190 crashed into a pickup truck, according to Massachusetts State Police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Friend of the victims

Elkridge, MD

#2 Jul 18, 2010
If she only could have waited to send that text two children would still have a father and a mother would still have her son. RIP Steve and Tom.
hmm

Sterling, MA

#3 Jul 18, 2010
how do you know she was texting ??? Texting wouldn't make you drive on the wrong side of the highway.....I highly doubt the police at this point in time know if she was texting or not
MDB

Leominster, MA

#4 Jul 18, 2010
The way I was told the story, the two men were the ones driving the wrong way on the highway and they hit the girl. How convenient how the story changes when the guilty drunk ones who lived change the story around to make it look like it was the poor girl who's life was also taken's fault because now she can't tell her side of what happened.
AWF

Concord, MA

#5 Jul 19, 2010
MDB - I don't know where you get your information but she was driving the wrong way unfortunately. And both men in the pick up truck have died. This is very sad for all concerned.
ECD

Gardner, MA

#6 Jul 19, 2010
"Thomas Serewicz of Fitchburg was driving north when Ashley Hannan, 23, of Worcester -- apparently driving the wrong way on the highway -- struck his GMC Sierra pickup with her Chevrolet Equinox, police reported."

MDB, maybe a little lesson in reading comprehension would be a nice addition for you.
Fitchburg Resident

United States

#7 Jul 19, 2010
Maybe if the police find her cell phone, they can dump the records and find out for sure if she was texting. And If the 2 men were drinking, then the tox reports will indicate that. Until then, can't we just mourn the death of 3 people?
shocked

Stoneham, MA

#8 Jul 22, 2010
there are signs when entering the ramps to get on the highway. they face you and say "wrong way" when in fact you are entering the correct way. the state police should have the highway dept look at all of these. these accidents are UNNESSARY AND TRAGIC!!!! on ramps should be posted CORRECTLY. i myself have driven further to another onramp and turned around because of this. the signs are directly inbetween the on and off. FIX them and stop these horrific ACCIDENTS!!! if you dont know an area - you take this risk!
sadandangry

Gardner, MA

#9 Jul 22, 2010
MBD...
get your story straight my friend. how convient it is that your source was apparently trying to switch things around. the toxicology report will bring everything to light i'm sure of it.
Awful

Danielson, CT

#10 Jul 22, 2010
There was a combined story about the 190 accident and the 495 accident that happened about an hour later. The 190 accident a women was driving the wrong way on the highway and the 495 accident was a women who might have been texting which may have caused the accident. I think when they combined both stories people got confused or miss read the information and know have completely messed up the stories and are writing things that make no sense. Either way lives were lost by accidents that could have been prevented and instead of dwelling and writing negative comments, let the people who lost loved ones grieve.
Awful

Danielson, CT

#11 Jul 22, 2010
Friend of the victims wrote:
If she only could have waited to send that text two children would still have a father and a mother would still have her son. RIP Steve and Tom.
- I believe you have your information confused. The supposed texting accident was the girl from 495 and had nothing to do with the accident that happened on 190. RIP Ashley and everyone who lost their lives.
Ashleys-Friend

Lawrence, MA

#12 Jul 25, 2010
Listen, I don't think anyone who hasent gotten information straight from the deceased families shouldn't even comment on this tragedy...let alone type it in front of millions of people and make yourself look like a complete idiot! I have known Ashley for a long time, she was a beautiful, funny, warm-hearted selfless person who did not deserve what happened to her! Nobody deserves it....I feel very sorry for the other families Involved. I know the true story of what happened and in my opinion I don't think anyone should have blame put on them. Its funny how anytime there is an accident or a tragedy people always need someone to blame. Its crazy to think when people hear that maybe alcohol was involved they picture this alcoholic scumbug who doesn't have a care in the world. Ashley was everything but that! She just finished college, was a personal trainer, she was in fitness competitions and was a outgoing awesome person. She was the best friend anybody could ask for. So for future comment entries...don't put down your thoughts unless they are verified! Rip Ashley you will be truly missed. I miss u and love you girl <3
sharina

Barre, VT

#13 Jul 25, 2010
In any case, if poeple can't get their stories straight, then they shouldn't comment. There are apparently two stories going on here, whether it was txting or drinking, NOBODY, actually knows until the police reports or toxicology reports come back. Everyone should reserve their comments til such reports are made public! Just think if it was your family involved! Whether or not they were the cause or the victim!
Lynne Serewicz

Swampscott, MA

#14 Aug 15, 2010
I ma the mother of Thomas Serewicz, 24 year old father of 2 young boys. He was killed in his truck along with his friend Stephen when coming home from a night of fishing together. They were sober. This isn't my opinion or hope, this is fact. They were NOT speeding, nor out of their lane, nor were they traveling in the wrong direction. They were heading NORTH in the NORTHBOUND lane of I-190. Ashley Hannan was traveling SOUTH in the NORTHBOUND lane. Toxicology report is pending release until completion of the entire investigation.

The texting issue is in regard to another horrific accident that weekend.

Ashley was killed, pronounced dead at the scene, as was my sweet son. His friend was pronounced dead later that night at the hospital. You can think what you want about the boys, but I am in direct communication regularly with the DA and the state police, who tell me the facts as i have given them to you, and they have all said to me this: WRONG WAY IS WRONG WAY... it is the wrong way driving that caused this crash. It isn't an accident, it is negligent driving. She was speeding as well, so the comments bout signage being the problem doesn't seem to fit. She had been on the highway, the wrong way, for a considerable distance in a very well lit area, so well in fact, that beams from headlights would not have been seen as the vehicles came together around a curve.

Now, these are the facts... more will be determined and released with the final report. Stop speculating in the mean time, and whoever said the boys were at fault.. learn to read, learn to speak only when you have facts... my poor son, he is dead, for having done nothing wrong. His boys will grow up knowing his immense love for them only through our stories, as they re so young, they wont remember. He is completely innocent, and now he is dead.. and that isn't enough? you have to insult him with lies and false blame? Lord God have Mercy!
Leominster Resident

Marlborough, MA

#15 Aug 15, 2010
Lynne
My heart goes out to you. Just to let you know, those of us who can read, know your son and his friend were clearly the victims here. This is a tragic awful accident that could have been avoided if SHE - the other driver - was paying attention and was not drunk.

Mam - GOD BLESS YOU for what you and those precious little grand babies are going through. You do not have to defend what you already know is right. The facts are the facts and you have nothing to defend here.

Lynne - hang in there. Most importantly - in your heart - and on paper - Your son and his friend did nothing wrong. You will always have that piece of mind. Unfortunately - not everyone can comprehend.
Jeremy

Glendale, CA

#16 Sep 16, 2010
Lynne Serewicz wrote:
I ma the mother of Thomas Serewicz, 24 year old father of 2 young boys. He was killed in his truck along with his friend Stephen when coming home from a night of fishing together. They were sober. This isn't my opinion or hope, this is fact. They were NOT speeding, nor out of their lane, nor were they traveling in the wrong direction. They were heading NORTH in the NORTHBOUND lane of I-190. Ashley Hannan was traveling SOUTH in the NORTHBOUND lane. Toxicology report is pending release until completion of the entire investigation.
The texting issue is in regard to another horrific accident that weekend.
Ashley was killed, pronounced dead at the scene, as was my sweet son. His friend was pronounced dead later that night at the hospital. You can think what you want about the boys, but I am in direct communication regularly with the DA and the state police, who tell me the facts as i have given them to you, and they have all said to me this: WRONG WAY IS WRONG WAY... it is the wrong way driving that caused this crash. It isn't an accident, it is negligent driving. She was speeding as well, so the comments bout signage being the problem doesn't seem to fit. She had been on the highway, the wrong way, for a considerable distance in a very well lit area, so well in fact, that beams from headlights would not have been seen as the vehicles came together around a curve.
Now, these are the facts... more will be determined and released with the final report. Stop speculating in the mean time, and whoever said the boys were at fault.. learn to read, learn to speak only when you have facts... my poor son, he is dead, for having done nothing wrong. His boys will grow up knowing his immense love for them only through our stories, as they re so young, they wont remember. He is completely innocent, and now he is dead.. and that isn't enough? you have to insult him with lies and false blame? Lord God have Mercy!
Has there been any results from the toxicity reports yet?
Lynne

Salem, MA

#17 Oct 3, 2010
you're a FOOL!!! no on lived! they all died because SHE drove the wrong way DRUNK, now confirmed, on the highway at very high speed. the boys were not intoxicated, confirmed! nor speeding at 40 mph!!!! how on earth could you write this without knowing anything!!! if you MUST judge, AT LEAST READ FIRST!!!!!!!
Mother to Tom, lost to me forever, and lost to his beautiful baby boys, at someone elses hands....
MDB wrote:
The way I was told the story, the two men were the ones driving the wrong way on the highway and they hit the girl. How convenient how the story changes when the guilty drunk ones who lived change the story around to make it look like it was the poor girl who's life was also taken's fault because now she can't tell her side of what happened.
Lynne

Salem, MA

#18 Oct 3, 2010
the person texting was from another unrelated incident. there were several accidents if you can call them that, I cant, that weekend, and at least as far as we know, she wasn't texting, she was just driving recklessly on the wrong side of the road at high speed and killed my son and his friend and herself. and destroyed countless lives lift behind.
Fitchburg Resident wrote:
Maybe if the police find her cell phone, they can dump the records and find out for sure if she was texting. And If the 2 men were drinking, then the tox reports will indicate that. Until then, can't we just mourn the death of 3 people?
Lynne

Salem, MA

#19 Oct 3, 2010
you also should not drive intoxicated or with excessive speed.
shocked wrote:
there are signs when entering the ramps to get on the highway. they face you and say "wrong way" when in fact you are entering the correct way. the state police should have the highway dept look at all of these. these accidents are UNNESSARY AND TRAGIC!!!! on ramps should be posted CORRECTLY. i myself have driven further to another onramp and turned around because of this. the signs are directly inbetween the on and off. FIX them and stop these horrific ACCIDENTS!!! if you dont know an area - you take this risk!
Lynne

Salem, MA

#20 Oct 3, 2010
FYI, in the name of honesty, which is what I live by, I am not from Lunenburg, nor from Upton, and why these places show up next to my name, I'll probably never know... but I am in fact the mother to Thomas, who was killed in the crash we are discussing... and I am still and always will be devastated. in horrendous pain, at such loss, barely able to breathe, eat, sleep or stop crying. My pain adds to the pain of others, my daughters, my grandchildren, my daughter in law... the pain something like this brings to the world is incomprehensible, enormous and so far reaching you might never ever imagine.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE NOR LET ANYONE, FRIEND OR STRANGER, DRINK AND DRIVE!!! STOP IT AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!! DONT THINK YOU CAN HANDLE IT ANY MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE COULD!!!! By the time you find out you're wrong, it could be far too late, for you and for so many innocent people! I sure hope somoene is still reading this and it might make a differnece for some other mother, or child, or husband or wife... or sister, or brother.... Im quite sure Ashley didnt plan on this as part of her fun night out!!!! dont think you can see it coming, just DONT DRINK AND DRIVE!! better yet DONT DRINK!!!!!!!!!!
Lynne wrote:
you also should not drive intoxicated or with excessive speed.
<quoted text>
Shhhteve

West Lebanon, NH

#21 Dec 17, 2010
My real name is not Steve, But i got some things to say about this.
I Known Ash from college and I know that she loved to drink and get cocked. She was a bartender at many different bars in Worcester and I would see her Drink all the time and way to much at points. I am not surprised that she was driving down the wrong side of the fucken high way. She probably drank so much that she blacked out and was unconscious driving. I got a dui way back and had to take a class. I dont drink anymore but I know that people have eneded up places acorss the city with out them even knowing how they got there. It happens. I feel sorry for the other family that was going the right way trying to make it home

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kevin Lynch, Cop Hater, Liar and Nut Thu Tommy O 7
News Fitchburg police: Officer fired shots after sus... May 25 Tell the Truth Kevin 10
Pathetic Troll Life May 24 Lolajack 67
Calling all Kevin Lynch stalkers May 24 Speak Kevin 12
News Using alternative energy to heat and cool city'... (Feb '08) May 22 Jtn 11
fbi, ethics commission release report on kevin... (Aug '13) May 22 Jerry 12
News Angry seniors lash out at mayor - Sentinel & En... (May '09) May 21 Shovel ready 169
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fitchburg Mortgages