Boycott of Israel by academics' group draws fire

Jan 19, 2014 Full story: Lowell Sun 8

A previously little-known academic group has made waves with a stance against the Israeli government that's drawn sharp rebukes and allegations of anti-Semitism from some local scholars.

Full Story
Vivek Golikeri

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Jan 29, 2014
Boycotting Israel may or may not have anti-Semitic motives, but is wrong. Human rights violations are far uglier in Saudi Arabia. In Kuwait and other Gulf states foreign workers from India or the Philippines are treated like dogs. But liberals in the West single out Israel. Why?

As for Zionism, I support the basic idea. Every liberation movement turns up freak abberations. But blaming Zionism for a fascist like Rabbi Meir Kahane is just like blaming Martin Luther King and civil rights for Idi Amin or black drug dealers and ghetto criminals. Zionism was intitally created to give the Jews what every other people take for granted: a home.
Jtn

Concord, MA

#2 Jan 29, 2014
Boycott Little Israel now! Why do they think they are special? They should follow the rules just like everyone else.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#3 Jan 29, 2014
Jtn wrote:
Boycott Little Israel now! Why do they think they are special? They should follow the rules just like everyone else.
Did you even read the first post, Mutt? Are they following the so called "rules" you tout? What are those rules. How about you educate us on those "rules" that everybody else is following. I'm waiting. You wear your racism on your sleeve.
East Gardner

United States

#4 Jan 29, 2014
Yumpin, don't get exercised by JTN. He is a retarded sex offender living in a group home who occasionally gets on a PC and says stupid things.
mother

Fitchburg, MA

#5 Jan 29, 2014
Why should we give any aid or care to Israel? What have they ever done for us? I say let them lay in the bed they've made for themselves and give the land back to Palestine.
Donna B

Revere, MA

#6 Jan 29, 2014
I honestly don't believe peace can be achieved between Israel and Palestine. I don't think it is racists for some to feel we have supported a peace process that is basically a no brainer, they just don't want peace. It's sad but, as everyone can see, both sides have been at this for a very long time, with no true progress.

As far as the academics are concerned as I understand it, they are speaking out against human rights violations, in American that is what we do. It's understandable for some to be upset, and yes there are many countries that are equally guilty, however the topic was referring to the boycott. One side is boycotting, one side is speaking out against it. Gotta love America! God Bless the USA, the balance continues.

Jtn

Concord, MA

#7 Jan 31, 2014
mother wrote:
Why should we give any aid or care to Israel? What have they ever done for us? I say let them lay in the bed they've made for themselves and give the land back to Palestine.
great point Mom,screw them,they hace taken advantage long enough
Jtn

Concord, MA

#8 Jan 31, 2014
Jtn wrote:
<quoted text>great point Mom,screw them,they hace taken advantage long enough
this is not spam

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FPD brass responsible.for Million dollar cost t... 1 hr Jeff 7
This time I really mean it. Really. 5 hr Kim 15
Lynch request for court case to be brought forw... (Jul '13) 15 hr Kevin Lynch 88
A new Hope 21 hr OMG 5
5 finalist for Chief of Fitchburg ,Ma. 23 hr Kevin Lynch 37
davd gould Thu BillyBob 7
A change of culture at Fitchburg Police Dept. -... (Nov '10) Thu The Insider 270

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Dating
Find my Match

Fitchburg Jobs

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fitchburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fitchburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]