Kearns named acting police chief in Fitchburg

Posted in the Fitchburg Forum

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#1 Apr 8, 2014
http://www.telegram.com/article/20140402/NEWS...

By George Barnes TELEGRAM & GAZETTE STAFF
FITCHBURG With the retirement of Police Chief Robert A. DeMoura, the city has made several temporary assignments until a permanent chief is hired.

Deputy Police Chief Philip J. Kearns Jr. was sworn in as acting police chief Tuesday night at a meeting of the Fitchburg City Council. Also being sworn in were Paul C. Bozicas, acting deputy chief; Linda M. Swears, acting captain; Harry N. Hess, acting lieutenant, and Thomas G. Leger, acting sergeant.

An 11-member committee was appointed by Mayor Lisa A. Wong last month to seek a replacement for Chief DeMoura. It is the second Police Chief Search Committee appointed by the mayor. An earlier committee recommended U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Agent Scott Heagney for the chief's position, but the mayor withdrew the nomination and restarted the process.

Location hidden

#2 Apr 8, 2014
Congratulation's Acting Chief Kearns.
Unlike some people here on Fitchburg topix, there are many of us who respect you and your service to the City of Fitchburg over the years.
BilyBob

Fitchburg, MA

#3 Apr 8, 2014
I recomend Kevin Lynch for Chief of Police

Comments Please
Lynch

Concord, MA

#4 Apr 8, 2014
Put Jtn in there,she's a good choice
Yep

Leominster, MA

#5 Apr 8, 2014
Sorry but I can't support Kearns. Where was he during the search for the lost boy? Where was he when a Mayoral candidate was 30 feet in the air on a ladder getting shot at? Where has he been when suspicious pickup trucks try to run peoples moms off the road? What about poisoned dog bones and blue street lights??? I'm sorry but I think we can do better.
BilyBob

Fitchburg, MA

#6 Apr 8, 2014
where was Kearns when Lynch was assaulting innocent by-standers? where was Kearns when Lych was dealing crack ?

well where was he?
answer the question Lynch!!
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#7 Apr 8, 2014
Stamos wrote:
Congratulation's Acting Chief Kearns.
Unlike some people here on Fitchburg topix, there are many of us who respect you and your service to the City of Fitchburg over the years.
I like Kearns besides when he disrespected my mother after she asked him not to have McNamarra call her as she was scared of McNamarra and he was a total asshole to my mother. Kearns then had McNamarra call my mother which made her sick. Chief Kearns, my mother is a very good person as you owe her an apology.

The only other drawback to having Kearns as Chief is the fact that he supports to good ole boy network of FPD members which the majority of Fitchburg cannot stand and are of the same consensus that they should be fired but Kearns will give them promotions.

We will be pushing for more community policing. We will not stop as the citizens of Fitchburg deserve ten times more than they are receiving from the FPD whom these same citizens pay for.

I wonder if Mayor Wong sniffed out the investigation that was coming with the hire of the ATF applicant ????????
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#8 Apr 8, 2014
BilyBob wrote:
where was Kearns when Lynch was assaulting innocent by-standers? where was Kearns when Lych was dealing crack ?
well where was he?
answer the question Lynch!!
Crack ?? Sorry but I never dealt crack and I NEVER assaulted innocent bystanders anywhere ! You must have the wrong Lynch.

Location hidden

#9 Apr 9, 2014
Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Kearns besides when he disrespected my mother after she asked him not to have McNamarra call her as she was scared of McNamarra and he was a total asshole to my mother. Kearns then had McNamarra call my mother which made her sick. Chief Kearns, my mother is a very good person as you owe her an apology.
The only other drawback to having Kearns as Chief is the fact that he supports to good ole boy network of FPD members which the majority of Fitchburg cannot stand and are of the same consensus that they should be fired but Kearns will give them promotions.
We will be pushing for more community policing. We will not stop as the citizens of Fitchburg deserve ten times more than they are receiving from the FPD whom these same citizens pay for.
I wonder if Mayor Wong sniffed out the investigation that was coming with the hire of the ATF applicant ????????
You say you like Kearns besides when he disrespected your mother? Another outright blatant lie! Then please say why you were on here 3+ years ago trashing and harassing him while using his name too accuse him of being a "crook" and a criminal? It's comical watching you crying harassment and accusing others of stalking you when you've admitted you've been on here "baiting" people all along.
Who's been harassing who here? Could it be people you've been "baiting", or maybe family members or relatives of those you've been "baiting? How about friends of those people you've been baiting, or could it be just people who are calling you out on your baiting? Could "baiting" people on-line and trashing their names on-line be considered some form of harassment or stalking and threatening behavior? I'm thinking you might want to look in the mirror.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/fitchburg-ma/...
Kearns the crook wrote:
<quoted text>
Tasca stated that Kearns was in on the "matchbook/taco bell wrapper accounting scandal!" By the way Kearns is as ignorant as they come as he has the "sense of entitlement" feelings.
I hear that the Tasca scandal is not over; the grapevine states that city officials and other Fitchburgs Finest will be indicted in federal court.
Kearns retires wrote:
Kearns allowed criminal behavior amoung the brass. He knowingly allowed this embezlement.
He should be charged. There needs to be an example made that states "Nobody is above the law."
Kearnsisnext wrote:
Chief Kearns, I mean Captain kearns, I mean Lt. Kearns. YOU ARE FIRED!!!!!!!!!!
kevin from fitchburg wrote:

We need a federal investigation so they can uncover this illegal operation and make them repay this money.Kearns must of had a great christmas this year. I bet he was laughing all the way to the bank!!This is an outrage!!Call your senator Flanagan and report this happening to the FBI web site along with the attorney generals office.
The FBI needs to come in and take over the city. This is a widespread corruption.As we seen this week they do a better job at arresting 16 crack dealers than the FPD. Our police department is too busy sitting in their offices and updating their little black books where they keep record of their"off the books comp".
Enough is Enough. This is beyond a mayor wong and a chief Demoura who may have a black book also!!
Judge justice served wrote:
I stand by my statement that Kearns and Louney are both NO GOOD!!! I have proof!!!! They both need to be fired! The conduct themselves like thugs!!! They are RUDE,DISRESPECTFUL,DISHONEST <NO GOOD HUMAN BEINGS!
BillyBob

Fitchburg, MA

#10 Apr 10, 2014
rebuttals please

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baker caps big week with Globe endorsement 3 hr Jtn 7
Privacy violations 3 hr Jtn 6
Shrewsbury residents turn out in force to oppos... 16 hr Watching 1
FPD brass responsible.for Million dollar cost t... 21 hr BillyBob 23
Suspect in attempted murder deemed dangerous 22 hr Watching 1
Last nights Governors debate 23 hr Watching 4
Gov. calls for in-state tuition for immigrants ... (Nov '10) Wed BillyBob 93

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Dating
Find my Match