Police: Expelled Fitchburg State student carried ammunition belt

Dec 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

A Fitchburg State University student who was expelled from the school on Monday was arrested for trespassing Tuesday night and found to be carrying a belt of semiautomatic-rifle ammunition.

Comments
21 - 40 of 83 Comments Last updated Apr 9, 2013
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Say what wrote:
<quoted text>You are a just a sick little trouble maker. You're the type that would have tried to board a plane the day after 911 dressed as a terrorist and then cry when you get detained about rights being violated. You are one sick individual who is so screwed up you actually believe your stupidity makes sense. Get help, talk to your doctor and tell them your meds aren't working.
You want the facts? I am part of society that had a flag implanted on my car after 911 as most in Wallmarts parking lot had. You don't know what being an American is or how to act like one.

Laws are not different for you! You are not special! 911 happened on Bushs watch by the way! And to remind you his father Bush senior was sceduled to meet with the Bin Ladens in New York when the planes flew into the buildings.

And YES Dick Cheneys beloved Halliburton was mad at Bin Laden for not purchasing weapons systems off of them!

Civil rights and constitutional rights are vital to a true democracy! It is what Millions of Americans have died for for decades fighting for democracy around the world!

You want to pick and choose who is afforded these rights by how they look or who they know??? That worked well for Penn State ,HUH??? You are the sick person who needs help!
Students

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

"Dear students and colleagues,
I know many of you have seen or read media coverage regarding a former Fitchburg State student who was arrested this week for trespassing on campus while in possession of an ammunition belt. I understand the level of alarm these allegations have engendered, especially in light of the recent tragedy in Connecticut.
No safety notice was sent in the wake of this student’s arrest because at no time did the incident pose a risk to the campus.
The individual had been notified he was forbidden from stepping foot on campus, and within minutes of being spotted he was in custody and behind bars, where he remains. Furthermore, he was not carrying any weapons, let alone one capable of firing the type of ammunition (now being tested at a state laboratory) in his possession.
Insuring the safety of our campus community is a responsibility I approach with the utmost level of seriousness. Indeed, that is why the student was swiftly expelled and barred from campus—and why he currently resides at the Worcester County Jail.
The incident may well garner additional media coverage, but whatever the headlines say, the fact remains that our safety protocols—and vigilance—were effective.
Sincerely,
President Robert V. Antonucci"
Students

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Dear students and colleagues,
I know many of you have seen or read media coverage regarding a former Fitchburg State student who was arrested this week for trespassing on campus while in possession of an ammunition belt. I understand the level of alarm these allegations have engendered, especially in light of the recent tragedy in Connecticut.
No safety notice was sent in the wake of this student’s arrest because at no time did the incident pose a risk to the campus.
The individual had been notified he was forbidden from stepping foot on campus, and within minutes of being spotted he was in custody and behind bars, where he remains. Furthermore, he was not carrying any weapons, let alone one capable of firing the type of ammunition (now being tested at a state laboratory) in his possession.
Insuring the safety of our campus community is a responsibility I approach with the utmost level of seriousness. Indeed, that is why the student was swiftly expelled and barred from campus—and why he currently resides at the Worcester County Jail.
The incident may well garner additional media coverage, but whatever the headlines say, the fact remains that our safety protocols—and vigilance—were effective.
Sincerely,
President Robert V. Antonucci
Students

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Cuckoos Nest

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong! Civil rights always play a role in equal justice! Rules and regulations must abide by all constitutional laws as you are wrong!
Now if you are incarcerated and you sue the parole board the judgments usually state that parole is not a right thus is not protected by due process but at the same time MUST follow the fairness doctrine!!!
Do you understand the word "must" when it is written into law? They have tried the same BS when it comes to the registry of Motor vehicles which I am against as I believe that it is not a privelege but a right to drive once you pass the requirements/safety regs.
In a free society there are no such things as priveleges as that would mean that someone is the holder/grantor of these priveleges. We still live in a democracy as my bumper sticker states "Think, as it isn't illegal YET".
It is funny listening to republicans double talk as they state "we want less government" but then they want you to follow and live the way that they deem to be the only way to live. This would make this kid with the long hair a defendant as is what is happening.
As in Fitchburg, there are laws for the network and then their are laws for the hispanic,black and poor/middle class whites. All regimes follow communism.
Now I understand why you get into trouble. Civil rights do not protect you from breaking the law.

I would like to see you tell the TSA that you will not go through a security scanner at the airport and tell them that is your civil right.

I have a good feeling you will not be allowed on the plane.

Are you sure you are dealing with a full deck?
Cuckoos Nest

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

You stated before that the police should arrest the hookers walking down the street. But Civil Rights protect them.

So what is it?
Pistol Pete

Westminster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>Do you understand the word "must" when it is written into law? They have tried the same BS when it comes to the registry of Motor vehicles which I am against as I believe that it is not a privelege but a right to drive once you pass the requirements/safety regs.
Thank you Lynch for defending my right to own assault weapons. I have taken all of the requirements/safety regs. that you speak of. Please let me know when you will be lobbying against the assault weapons ban because as you say it shouldn't be a privilege, it should be my right.
explain Antonucci

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

"and why he currently resides at the Worcester County Jail."

And who is deamed a sick person? Look at this arrogance!!!! Merry Xmas, huh Antonucci???

So, what you are stating is that he was expelled for what?

Antonucci, where did you go to college?? Do you remember the 70s??

What about the 80s? 90s? Two roaches??????

Underage drinking is OK??? Drinking and driving? Destruction of property? Fighting?

Being in your late 50s did you EVER see one of these belts before? What about when you were in charge of Fitchburg public schools???

I feel that this power has gone to your head! Then to use an exploit the Conneticut tragedy????? You labeled this kid wrongfully!!!!

It is obvious that you do not believe in equal rights for all nor a fair treatment. You feel comfortable about placing this label of the conneticut tragedy on this kids shoulders because he has orange hair?

Do you even care if something horrible happens to this student while wrongfully incarcerated? You have no problem eating Christmas dinner?
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Pistol Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Lynch for defending my right to own assault weapons. I have taken all of the requirements/safety regs. that you speak of. Please let me know when you will be lobbying against the assault weapons ban because as you say it shouldn't be a privilege, it should be my right.
It is your right to bear arms but automatic weapons? Why? We understand that every hunter kills. So what do we do have automatic weapons strapped to guards in schools? At this point you would have to because a pistol would not stand a chance at 100 bullets fired a minute out of these machine guns.

So, what is your point?? Do you even notice that the last ten school shootings were done by legal guns?? No criminal possessed these guns.

So, now you will lobby for stricter laws against convicts owning guns? Maybe you should allow the convicts to carry so they can stop these murderors, you think?

When the NRA guy was speaking and the protestors were standing up I was praying that one faced the podium and made the sound of an automatic weapon. Then they could of said there went your cop at each school idea!

How about lets begin by stopping the labeling of these kids? Already Antonucci has labeled and ostracized this kid. Antonucci has regimented communist views and is expresses them. Should the governor hire a new president? One that does not label? They expelled this kid due to a roach!

Every hippie would of been expelled in the late 60s, 70s, and then the 80s and 90s. Didn't every president smoke weed in college????
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Look at what is being created as we are going backwards in history. They take DNA without a warrent. Punk rockers are being labeled as violent. Arabs have been viewed as being a terrorists. Hispanics are viewed on here as being drug dealers. Civil rights are being violated depending on what group you are grouped with.

Acolades are given to undeserving state figures.They are patting each others backs and padding each others pockets. They are defended unlimitedly through unlimited resources of the government to violate rights at will. There is no accountability.

When caught they act like they are dumb.Read this statemnent with an open mind: "and why he currently resides at the Worcester County Jail."

This is a power statement as that kid is UNJUSTLY incarcerated at this presidents will!!!!!!!! This is a clear over reaching and abuse of power which calls for the need of an investigation!!!!!!
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

New law that Antonucci may lobby for: The jailing of all citizens who have dyed hair. The institutionalizing of anyone who is different!

Antonucci states bring back the witch trials! This sort of thinking does not belong appropiately with the president of a state University!!! Then to attempt to exploit the Conneticut tragedy???

Antonucci, the kid you unjustly labeled does not belong in Worcester house of correction on Christmas!!! You improperly and wrongfully pushed for this illegal incarceration!! "and why he currently resides at the Worcester County Jail."
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Cuckoos Nest wrote:
You stated before that the police should arrest the hookers walking down the street. But Civil Rights protect them.
So what is it?
I never stated this! I feel that it should be legalized as it is between two consenting adults.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Fitchburg is full of corruption. We also have more than our share of those who label others into groups.
It has become so bad that our license commission stated that they have to deem who the entreprenuers clientele are going to be.
This is becomming an accepted practice. One is allowed to be a criminal depending on who they are or who they know.
Out here on topics we have those who label hispanic citizens as drug dealers in general.
What influence did the president of FSU have in the incarceration and the bail setting of this young kid who Antonucci falsly labeled due to the fact that he was different than the norm in his labeling process?
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

As a country we are giving up too many civil rights protections. Constitutional rights are being passed out by State University presidents as they see fit.
Some out here are stating that a school can state that no african Americans can attend their school if they choose due to the fact that it is a rule or regulation of a administration.HUH???? Exactly my point!
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Fitchburg needs to be evaluated and investigated by the FBI and state department.
Pistol Pete

Westminster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
It is your right to bear arms but automatic weapons? Why? We understand that every hunter kills. So what do we do have automatic weapons strapped to guards in schools? At this point you would have to because a pistol would not stand a chance at 100 bullets fired a minute out of these machine guns.
So, what is your point?? Do you even notice that the last ten school shootings were done by legal guns?? No criminal possessed these guns.
So, now you will lobby for stricter laws against convicts owning guns? Maybe you should allow the convicts to carry so they can stop these murderors, you think?
First, I never mentioned automatic weapons.
Second, I never mentioned hunting.
Third, by your logic, the last 10 stabbing were done by legal knives. As well as the last 10 motor vehicle homicides were done by legal vehicles.
Fourth, murderors (sic) is actually spelled murderers!
And fifth, you will never be able to legally own a firearm.

Talk about a personal agenda!

Signed,

Pistol Pete from down the street!
Cuckoos Nest

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

The assault rifle didn't commit this act, the shooter did. There is no need for a common citizen to own an assault rifle but as Lynch stated Civil Rights protect them.

There are gun enthusiasts just like there are classic car collectors. If this kid wasn't able to use the guns that he acquired he could have used his mother's car and mowed down these children in the school's parking lot.

It's the mental health system that needs an overhaul. Remember the Federal and local governments closed all the institutions that were in place thru the 80's for people that needed them.

They are now housed at places like the Wallace Towers, The Sundial, The Joseph House. To have someone committed now is an out of pocket expense that most people cannot afford.

But remember Lynch states Civil Rights is a free pass to bypass rules, regulations and laws of society and any establishment. So the mentally ill will just use their Civil Rights and refuse the therapy they need.
Rollstone

Buzzards Bay, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Loon.
Cuckoos Nest

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Lynch wrote:
Fitchburg needs to be evaluated and investigated by the FBI and state department.
You already stated they are? So whats the problem?
Say what

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

I like that Lynch says this kid should not be in jail for Christmas. Maybe he should have thought of that before he went trespassing on school property with a belt full of bullets and a bad attitude.

Some of Lynchs anger towards this may stem from the fact that he is banned from campus property too? In my opinion campus security is doing a good job. A grown man with no reason to be there should not be hanging around a college campus full of kids. It's creapy!

Have you ever thought that the reason his parents aren't bailing him out is because he's a trouble making little bastard and they want to teach him a lesson? It's called 'tough love'.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Fitchburg Forum right now

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) 1 hr Kundrot dionkie 1,151
Market Basket ready to hire 3 hr Gomez 1
Can someone tell me who mr greenjeans is ? 3 hr Karen 4
Suicide-prevention motorcycle ride is set for A... 19 hr Njtn 5
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Wed kundrot dionkie 4,697
FHS cohort attends leadership conference Wed pedro 4
a holes Tue Sonny 12
•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••