Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Chief: Smoke inhalation killed UMass student

The Associated Press

Add a comment

AMHERST, Mass. Amherst's fire chief says a University of Massachusetts student killed in fire at an off-campus apartment died of smoke inhalation, but the blaze's cause may never be known.

Chief W. Tim Nelson announced 21-year-old James E. Hoffman's cause of death on Tuesday.

Hoffman was a Stoughton resident and a senior in UMass's department of tourism management.

Nelson tells The Republican ( http://bit.ly/11eX7OV ) that the cause of the fire in the pre-dawn hours of Jan. 21 remains under investigation, but says "we might never know." Investigators have said they think the blaze began in Hoffman's unit.

More than 30 people were displaced by the fire, including 22 UMass students. No one else was hurt.

Add a comment
student

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

This is a serious problem as as we now see can be deadly.

In Fitchburg a student off campus housing burnt down and it was determined that it was a drunken student that left a cigarette burning.

By the grace of God no one got killed. Unfortunately the FSU police do not get the dangers related with fires as they routinely drive by student fires where underage out of control partying is taking place.

As some will say; they are only college kids. Well, this is true but they are also adults lets not forget. There is responsible partying then there is FSU and Amhurst as both are well known for carte blanche partying.

Some have even stated on here that residents should move if they do not like the partying. LMAO!

Imagine if this was the rule. Gangs and drug dealers would have territories that they owned.

We need a more level head approach! Our students are beginning to get the lowest scores in the world. But the best parties!!!!!!!
Hey Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Nobody cares about you or your situation. Your family is trash. You and your ex FSU employee brother are losers. Get over yourself. The FBI thinks you're a joke.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Hey Lynch wrote:
Nobody cares about you or your situation. Your family is trash. You and your ex FSU employee brother are losers. Get over yourself. The FBI thinks you're a joke.
My brother is better off being away from them sick individuals! You are just ass kissers. Keep kissing ass as you have no identity.

Your family lost a lot of credibility didn't they? LMAO!!!!!!
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Hey Lynch wrote:
Can't say it to our face,huh? You are brave! LMAO!!!!!!!! Grow some and come on by! I'll give you a fair one! You coward!!!!!

You enjoy hiding and opening up your mouth from hiding! LMAO!!!!!

You are a coward! LMAO!!!!!
Rollstone

Buzzards Bay, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

You calling someone else a coward? That's rich. How about L Street?
Rollstone the POS

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Rollstone wrote:
You calling someone else a coward? That's rich. How about L Street?
What about L street? Rich is your brother isn't he?
Rollstone

Buzzards Bay, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

I believe you euphemistically referred to it as a "donnybrook"?

In front of 113 L Street? July 13, 1992? Ring a bell?
Donny Brook

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Did someone call me?
Rollstone da POS

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Rollstone wrote:
I believe you euphemistically referred to it as a "donnybrook"?
In front of 113 L Street? July 13, 1992? Ring a bell?
June 13th! All others called it a donnybrook! Hello stalker! Lets go there!

Again, I do not owe anyone! I did my time! You are just a piece of shit! All you are doing is disturbing this man! Let him rest in peace Satan!
Rollstone

Buzzards Bay, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Rollstone da POS wrote:
<quoted text>
June 13th! All others called it a donnybrook! Hello stalker! Lets go there!
Again, I do not owe anyone! I did my time! You are just a piece of shit! All you are doing is disturbing this man! Let him rest in peace Satan!
"Donnybrook?" There is no such thing as a donnybrook in state law. If your are going to run for mayor, you need to be truthful with the voters. You pleaded guilty to and were sentenced for manslaughter. Donnybrook is only the euphemism that you use to avoid questions regarding your time in the joint.
Wickedguy

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

student wrote:
This is a serious problem as as we now see can be deadly.
In Fitchburg a student off campus housing burnt down and it was determined that it was a drunken student that left a cigarette burning.
By the grace of God no one got killed. Unfortunately the FSU police do not get the dangers related with fires as they routinely drive by student fires where underage out of control partying is taking place.
As some will say; they are only college kids. Well, this is true but they are also adults lets not forget. There is responsible partying then there is FSU and Amhurst as both are well known for carte blanche partying.
Some have even stated on here that residents should move if they do not like the partying. LMAO!
Imagine if this was the rule. Gangs and drug dealers would have territories that they owned.
We need a more level head approach! Our students are beginning to get the lowest scores in the world. But the best parties!!!!!!!
Well I have to admit if you don't like where you are living then move. A normal person doesn't stay in an atmosphere that they do not like. You don't own a house so what is the problem?

Living in the country, no neighbors nearby, desolate road. That is most likely where you will be happy. Don't keep torturing yourself it is not healthy. You are not going to change the character of the city or the neighborhoods.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Fitchburg Forum right now

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Harrassing of me has timely stopped 3 hr Peter 47
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) 4 hr Curley Queen 1,135
Body found by highway is missing Massachusetts boy 4 hr Jtn 15
Child's dad distraught over news 5 hr Jtn 1
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) 7 hr Lon Spector 4,667
Happy Passover 19 hr Lynch 1
Child advocate: Discovery could force out DCF c... Sat Lynch 1
•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
Fitchburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••