Fitchburg chief finalist for Somerville job - Sentinel & Enterprise

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

With 10 months left on his contract in Fitchburg, Police Chief Robert DeMoura may be headed for Somerville.
Comments
41 - 60 of 89 Comments Last updated Dec 25, 2013
your kidding

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

keep DeMoura wrote:
<quoted text>
Chief DeMoura has had many meetings with his officers and explained what he wants from them. Officers in Fitchburg have become more pleasant to deal with. They still need lots of work but it is better than before when they conducted themselves like rude thugs to everyone. Ask business owners how rude the FPD has been before DeMoura.
The Chief has done what prior Chiefs have done but with 32 less employees. Remember that it was a better economy when crime was up in Fitchburg. So he has done the same with less police in a worse economy.
Louney was made to see the writing on the wall and left before he was fired. Tasca was fired. Other "good ole boys" got the message. In order for a city to change for the better; you need community relations! I believe that DeMoura worked on this; I see a lot of room to continue to work on these issues.
I have made mention of the out of shape officers at the FPD; I believe that the Chief will address this issue. If these cops don't get into shape, they will be dropping dead from heart attacks and their families will sue! I believe that these out of shape cops need to meet goals and deadlines to get into shape or face a layoff!
We need more positive intervention of the police with our youth! Programs could be implemented through the grant monies set out for Fitchburg commuter rail projects. Give some cops business cards that they can give to the youth who they deem on the fence between falling into crime or a better life; these business cards could direct them to entitled jobs with the commuter rail project.
I believe that Chief DeMoura has the skill and energy to implement such projects. Letting DeMoura go and allowing Kearns to take over is like taking one step forward and two back. Fitchburg has already taken tough steps forward; we cannot afford a major set back!
In order for this city to survive and strive, we must block all avenues of accessability from the "good ole boy network". There was more to the Tasca situation than stealing money and cooking of the books.It was an allowed practice that was illegal that they got use to useing!!
I never see him in the community. He only goes to things when it is REQUIRED of him not because he wants to. You keep talking about the "good ole boy" club who are they? Just because an officer has been on the force for a long time does not make him a member of the "club" like you say. They work they go home. These guys do not care about the politics. A lot of them have business cards. Mark Jackson is VERY involved with the youth of the city. DeMoura has done nothing for the good of the dept. he has done it for the good of himself so he can move on.
Wow

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Straight up wrote:
The Wong and Demoura haters are all flinging unfounded and incorrect rhetoric. Demoura has done amazing things for Fitchburg with far less resources than were previously available. Wong hired him because he was a proven perfomer and he's lived up to every promise he made. I've had two opportunities to meet privately with the Chief and have discussed his goals, methods, and philsophies about how to best serve the Fitchburg community. I've found him to be genuine, focused, motivated, and yes invested in Fitchburg just as much as any towny....but don't let the facts get in the way of your opinions.
And what is it that makes you qualified to meet privately with any Chief of Police of any community to discuss his goals, methods and philosophies about how to best serve his community??? Being an X Con doesn't cut it... You need to get some help before you hurt yourself. Next time you try to cut up at least have the balls to do it length wise will ya... What a freakin maroon!!! LMAO
Since you know

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Wow wrote:
<quoted text>And what is it that makes you qualified to meet privately with any Chief of Police of any community to discuss his goals, methods and philosophies about how to best serve his community??? Being an X Con doesn't cut it... You need to get some help before you hurt yourself. Next time you try to cut up at least have the balls to do it length wise will ya... What a freakin maroon!!! LMAO
/m&#601;&#712;run/[muh -roon]–adjective
1. dark brownish-red.
Jimmy says

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Let him go, and bring back Cronin with a big apology............and extra $$$$$$$$$
sonny

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

Jimmy says wrote:
Let him go, and bring back Cronin with a big apology..........and extra $$$$$$$$$
Sounds Good to me!!!
Big K

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

He is leaving because he is so sick of dealing with all the bugs who live in this city
Clancy Wiggum

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

Fat MAC wrote:
<quoted text>
McNamarra, you couldn't walk up my stairs to knock the door down. The post that you are commenting on I am advocating for more and better police! I advocate for better vehicles. It is evident that this is out of shape Mcnamarra.
Your idea of assisting ex cons on running the city is a great idea; it is obvious that the fat, out of shape "good ole boy network" can't get things done! After all Austraila was built by a penal colony.
As we see with Tasca the crook and now Keady the s.ex offender, we can't trust you people. It got so bad in the FPD that Tasca stated "everyone did it"; it got to a point where these people in positions of power felt that they were entitled to be allowed to steal!
Seriously,take Tasca. He admits that the entire administration within the FPD has been utilizing "match book comp time" or "taco bell wrapper kept comp time".This is an out of control rogue bunch that commits crime because they feel like they are above the law!
I am dissapointed with the Mayor as she took half measures here; Kearns should of been fired also. Louney,kearns and tasca should have been arrested and charged! The Mayor gets along with Kearns so she didn't fire him.
The night you laughed and stated that your buddy was running the station, those days are over! get on a diet FAT BOY!!
This guy must have really lost it. Anyone who wants to trust an “Ex Con” to do anything in this city is dumber then dumb. There is no such thing as a “Reformed” Ex Con. Especially ones who were up state! I say kick all of the Ex cons out of the city because not one of them is worth anything, they will act like they are helping the little old lady while they steal from her. Then once we get all of these low life losers out of the city, we will need fewer cops! That way we can get rid of some of the heffa’s and the lame cops and keep the ones who actually work! Not that their will be much work with all the ex cons out of the city.
Straight up

Holyoke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

Wow wrote:
<quoted text>And what is it that makes you qualified to meet privately with any Chief of Police of any community to discuss his goals, methods and philosophies about how to best serve his community??? Being an X Con doesn't cut it... You need to get some help before you hurt yourself. Next time you try to cut up at least have the **** to do it length wise will ya... What a freakin maroon!!! LMAO
WOW you certainly reinforce the point that you don't let the facts get in the way of your opinion. I don't think ex-cons discuss goals with the Chief during their visits. That's reserved for community leaders invested in the success of the City, but by all means suggest suicide to someone that takes issue with your uninformed, destructive, and venemous opinions. How exactly does that contribute to making Fitchburg a better place to live?
parent in the burg

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

Agreed!!!! not soon enough.
Gaetano Pistachio wrote:
Let's hope School Supt. Andre Ravanelle follows the example provided by DeMoura.
Keep DeMoura

Mashpee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

Jimmy says wrote:
Let him go, and bring back Cronin with a big apology..........and extra $$$$$$$$$
Cronin? He hired 30 cops and put the city in bankruptcy. Then they all got laid off and left after they were trained costing the city more money. There was more crime then ever. He didn't want to have attempted murder charges filed against the thugs whom stabbed their victims. Lets just make it an assault with a dangerous weapon. This would be a better image for the crime log for the city. He started walking patrols. But it is tough to run down a low rider honda on foot. Crime was out of control then. Heroin was everywhere. Overdoses everyday on the streets. Not anymore. Keep DeMoura.
your kidding

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

Keep DeMoura wrote:
<quoted text>
Cronin? He hired 30 cops and put the city in bankruptcy. Then they all got laid off and left after they were trained costing the city more money. There was more crime then ever. He didn't want to have attempted murder charges filed against the thugs whom stabbed their victims. Lets just make it an assault with a dangerous weapon. This would be a better image for the crime log for the city. He started walking patrols. But it is tough to run down a low rider honda on foot. Crime was out of control then. Heroin was everywhere. Overdoses everyday on the streets. Not anymore. Keep DeMoura.
There is still heroin, still overdoses, still robbery, still prostitutes, still drug dealers soooo how has it changed?
Resident

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

Keep DeMoura wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the link I posted yesterday, DeMaura hasn't done much to put a dent in crime in our city. In some crime categories the numbers have risen.
Bobby

Windham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

we hardly new ya!
Keep DeMoura

Mashpee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

your kidding wrote:
<quoted text>There is still heroin, still overdoses, still robbery, still prostitutes, still drug dealers soooo how has it changed?
There isn't as much as there was. There will always be dealers,drugs and overdoses because we are a city not a little rural village. The public safety response to an overdose was 2-3 times a day before DeMoura. Now there is an overdose of one a month and that is usually prescription drug or alcohol related. Still prostitutes? How do you know that isn't the State Police undercover sting operation? Most drug dealers have moved to other nicer higher class cities. More money there and it is also a status image for them now. Good luck Leominster.
Voter

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

Keep DeMaura,

Can you please provide some citations for the information you're readily pulling from your backside?

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

Fitchburg's property crime levels are higher than Massachusetts's average level. The same data shows violent crime levels in Fitchburg are higher than Massachusetts's average level.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Fitchburg-Massa...

And we wonder why the State Police are now being seen more often in the city...

Dump DeMaura, he wants to give illegal aliens a license to kill..

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2009/mar/po...

Illegal injures state rep in Mass, laughs that 'nothing is going to happen to me'
http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/politics/...
your kidding

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

Keep DeMoura wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't as much as there was. There will always be dealers,drugs and overdoses because we are a city not a little rural village. The public safety response to an overdose was 2-3 times a day before DeMoura. Now there is an overdose of one a month and that is usually prescription drug or alcohol related. Still prostitutes? How do you know that isn't the State Police undercover sting operation? Most drug dealers have moved to other nicer higher class cities. More money there and it is also a status image for them now. Good luck Leominster.
I think you are on drugs. I don't know but the "women" officers are a heck of a lot better looking than the prostitutes, it's not rocket science. Go to the Pearl Hill Road, High Rock Road, Ashby West, New Hampshire addicts are getting their drugs their. We are still flourishing.
First Leominster Resident

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

That is to bad. He has done a good job in horrible situation.
Jimmy says

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

The town of Baldwinville's police chief can do better then Dementora....
Since you know

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

Keep DeMoura wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get your facts from? Your an idiot! You do not know who has overdosed or who has died of natural causes. This is not public information. Moron!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Fitchburg Forum right now

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) 23 min Officer Krupke 4,694
a holes 1 hr Sonny 9
Party 15 hr Mr greenjeans from gardne 2
Officials investigating two-alarm Fitchburg hou... 15 hr The real Jtn 3
boycotting new market basket prices 23 hr tim 22
Police: Woman robbed Cumberland Farms in Fitchb... Jul 23 Jtn 1
Manager: 'It could be empty tomorrow' Jul 23 Jtn 3
•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs