Fitchburg chief finalist for Somerville job - Sentinel & Enterprise

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

With 10 months left on his contract in Fitchburg, Police Chief Robert DeMoura may be headed for Somerville.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of89
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
renogotiate contract now

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Fitchburg Resident wrote:
Bergeron is Deputy Chief, would he get the job if Demoura left?
Bergeron is set to retire this summer, so Kearns will step back in as acting chief!

Just when Fitchburg just began to change! One step forward and two back!

If I was Mayor, I would bring a connector into Fitchburg. The revenue would rise dramatically! We could pay Dempoura what Somerville is offering him. Fitchburg could hire new cops and purchase new vehicles.

Unfortunately there is NO VISION! The Mayor believes that this town will run on its small art shops. These art shops would flourish with a connector.

An outside Chief is the ONLY thing that is going to work for Fitchburg!!Any and all support that this Mayor has been able to enjoy in the midst of No Xmas lights, No street lights, and higher water and sewer rates is the fact that she hired Demoura as Chief!

All these other things will become unacceptable, the residents of Fitchburg will not allow her to shut off the lights!! Renogotiate with Demoura and seal him in Fitchburg for the next four years!!
DeMoura will accept

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

DeMoura would accept an equal offer from Fitchburg! Renegotiate his contract now. Set him in Fitchburg with the same pay that Somerville will offer him. Purchase his new vehicles.

Hire 911 civil dispatchers which is done in Peabody! then turn around and hire new cops and new vehicles.

DeMoura would accept this new offer as it benefits him. Fitchburg just began to change in the last few months! Somerville is a chore. If Demoura was to stay in Fitchburg for the next four years he would benefit greatly.

If Demoura stays then Fitchburg will become a model for the state to refer to. Fitchburg is at the beginning of change, it will fall and it will reflect negatively on his resume!

Now if there is solid , noticable long term solid change in Fitchburg then he would be a sure in for the Chief of the Boston Police. Somerville will not bring him there! For Fitchburg will show solid change that can be referenced too.

Renegotiate with Demoura now! Give him $163,000 and new cops and cars. Fitchburg is on the crusp of change for the better!

Any steps backwards involving "the good ole boy network" will be devastating to Fitchburg and it will collaspe worse than when it was a heroin dump!
Voter

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Fitchbur...

Look at the link above and scroll about 1/4 of the way down to the blue graph chart titled "Crime in Fitchburg by Year."

Under DeMoura it appears that crime is on an upswing.

*More murders in '08 since '99
*Rapes holding steady in teh mid 20's
*Significant increase in robberies since '05,'06, and '07
*More Arsons
*Burglaries holding steady
*Significant increase in thefts since '03

So what's DeMaura done for us, exactly?
Ooooo

Newton Lower Falls, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

DeMoura will accept wrote:
DeMoura would accept an equal offer from Fitchburg! Renegotiate his contract now. Set him in Fitchburg with the same pay that Somerville will offer him. Purchase his new vehicles.
Hire 911 civil dispatchers which is done in Peabody! then turn around and hire new cops and new vehicles.
DeMoura would accept this new offer as it benefits him. Fitchburg just began to change in the last few months! Somerville is a chore. If Demoura was to stay in Fitchburg for the next four years he would benefit greatly.
If Demoura stays then Fitchburg will become a model for the state to refer to. Fitchburg is at the beginning of change, it will fall and it will reflect negatively on his resume!
Now if there is solid , noticable long term solid change in Fitchburg then he would be a sure in for the Chief of the Boston Police. Somerville will not bring him there! For Fitchburg will show solid change that can be referenced too.
Renegotiate with Demoura now! Give him $163,000 and new cops and cars. Fitchburg is on the crusp of change for the better!
Any steps backwards involving "the good ole boy network" will be devastating to Fitchburg and it will collaspe worse than when it was a heroin dump!
What are you smoking?!

We had civilian dispatchers, remember?
sonny

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

First thing,Demoura was suppose to move to Fitchburg, and never did, so no one should be surprised that he is looking for another job. Second, if he doesn't get the job, I hope Fitchburg does not renew his contract this year!!! He wants out.
Third and most important I pray that Bozo doesn't try again to become chief!!!! We would be better of without one.
Jim

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

The Mayor needs to meet with DeMoura and settle upon a contract to keep him here.

Fitchburg cannot afford to lose him, and have the department return to what it was.

The city is starting to change for the better, and his leaving will set everything back, or could even make things worst
Voter

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

sonny wrote:
First thing,Demoura was suppose to move to Fitchburg, and never did, so no one should be surprised that he is looking for another job. Second, if he doesn't get the job, I hope Fitchburg does not renew his contract this year!!! He wants out.
Third and most important I pray that Bozo doesn't try again to become chief!!!! We would be better of without one.
DeMaura never had any intention to move here and his heart was never really in it. Fitchburg was desperate to get a chief from outside of the FPD and DeMaura was looking to land a gig as a chief to forward his career. I agree with the previous poster, don't renew his contract when it's up, if he doesn't get this job, and make sure that the next chief, lives within the city. If they don't, put part of their compensation at risk. And don't give a car to someone who is from out of town.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

DeMoura has NO allegiance to the city. It's time to send him on his way and fill the position with a life long resident who has an interest in protecting the city's citizens. If Demoura had his way, illegal immigrants would be given a driverís licenses to kill.
http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2009/mar/po...
Google head

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Thats the best post STAMOS !!! I forgot all about his license thingy ...LOL... We should advertise this more and get him moving ... Oh wait , half of Fitchburg is illegal ....LOL...
Stamos is blind

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Stamos wrote:
DeMoura has NO allegiance to the city. It's time to send him on his way and fill the position with a life long resident who has an interest in protecting the city's citizens. If Demoura had his way, illegal immigrants would be given a driverís licenses to kill.
http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2009/mar/po...
Stamos, a lifelong resident? We had six of these in a row and all they did was make matters worse and give perks to their cronies! Fitchburg was a fire pit of hell! Do you remmeber the Heroin trade? There were 32 more cops on the force then!!! A lifelong Chief will allow all the "good ole boys" to sit around and do NOTHING but harrass the law a biding citizens and sit around at JRs while they are suppose to be working!
keep DeMoura

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Jim wrote:
The Mayor needs to meet with DeMoura and settle upon a contract to keep him here.
Fitchburg cannot afford to lose him, and have the department return to what it was.
The city is starting to change for the better, and his leaving will set everything back, or could even make things worst
I will write the Mayor, I hope that you do also! We need to continue to move forward!
Excallaber

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

thats right theirs no heart and soul at this place, good luck youll be paying all the extra cash in taxes any way,
keep DeMoura

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Ooooo wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you smoking?!
We had civilian dispatchers, remember?
I understand that we had 16 civil dispatchers that were fired. Mylott fired these dispatchers.We can't unspill spilled milk.

What we can do is look into Peabodys' system where their dispatchers cover all emergency dispatches. This would put more firefighters and police on the street.

I called 911 over a gas leak and the cop told me not to call the 911 line. After searching online for a number to the fire station and a non 911 line; I called 911 again mad and another cop patched me through to the fire dispatcher. The Fire department arrived and told me to always call 911 for a gas leak.

It is evident that these cops are still peed 0ff at having to answer to 911 calls. It is actually a good practice for them to understand emergency situations. All cops should have to spend time at dispatch.

The FPD is at a crossroads. Some dead weight is gone ad more is retiring. Fitchburg has a chance at hirering fresh blood. As they do this they cannot fill the do nothing positions! There are cops who need to face training to get back in shape or they need to lay them off!! These overweight cops are a liability to the city!

We need faster and more advanced equipment to assist our law enforcement. We need to keep DeMoura; it will benefit his resume as well as the city. He has just begun to change things. If he leaves now, all will be for not!

We need a Mayor will a long term vision for Fitchburg. The horse and buggies are long gone!!! We need to join the rest of the world. Match DeMouras salary offering from Somerville and explain why Fitchburg would enhance his resume.

Cheif, half measures avail nothing; make Fitchburg a model for the rest of the state!
resident

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

All of you say is has been a good chief, give me examples. He said what he needed to say to get this job, basically lied. He probably told Somerville he would move there also. I think he is a little too confident to come out and say he is a finalist when there are 6 candidates to be interviewed unless he knows the mayor of Somerville just like he and Wong were buddies. They should go with someone who has roots within this community. The ones who say that drugs have gone down since he came, tell that to the ones that go to the outskirts of Fitchburg and make their deals.
Wow

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

keep DeMoura wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that we had 16 civil dispatchers that were fired. Mylott fired these dispatchers.We can't unspill spilled milk.
What we can do is look into Peabodys' system where their dispatchers cover all emergency dispatches. This would put more firefighters and police on the street.
I called 911 over a gas leak and the cop told me not to call the 911 line. After searching online for a number to the fire station and a non 911 line; I called 911 again mad and another cop patched me through to the fire dispatcher. The Fire department arrived and told me to always call 911 for a gas leak.
It is evident that these cops are still peed 0ff at having to answer to 911 calls. It is actually a good practice for them to understand emergency situations. All cops should have to spend time at dispatch.
The FPD is at a crossroads. Some dead weight is gone ad more is retiring. Fitchburg has a chance at hirering fresh blood. As they do this they cannot fill the do nothing positions! There are cops who need to face training to get back in shape or they need to lay them off!! These overweight cops are a liability to the city!
We need faster and more advanced equipment to assist our law enforcement. We need to keep DeMoura; it will benefit his resume as well as the city. He has just begun to change things. If he leaves now, all will be for not!
We need a Mayor will a long term vision for Fitchburg. The horse and buggies are long gone!!! We need to join the rest of the world. Match DeMouras salary offering from Somerville and explain why Fitchburg would enhance his resume.
Cheif, half measures avail nothing; make Fitchburg a model for the rest of the state!
You clearly need to ask your Doctor to up your meds..It must be awfully loud listening to yourself. That volume can be adjusted a bit lower if you just give it a chance. The FPD are not going to bust down your bedroom door tonight, so microwave some popcorn and chill out. WOW! How many times are you gonna post under a different thought? If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been out?
keep DeMoura

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

resident wrote:
All of you say is has been a good chief, give me examples. He said what he needed to say to get this job, basically lied. He probably told Somerville he would move there also. I think he is a little too confident to come out and say he is a finalist when there are 6 candidates to be interviewed unless he knows the mayor of Somerville just like he and Wong were buddies. They should go with someone who has roots within this community. The ones who say that drugs have gone down since he came, tell that to the ones that go to the outskirts of Fitchburg and make their deals.
Chief DeMoura has had many meetings with his officers and explained what he wants from them. Officers in Fitchburg have become more pleasant to deal with. They still need lots of work but it is better than before when they conducted themselves like rude thugs to everyone. Ask business owners how rude the FPD has been before DeMoura.

The Chief has done what prior Chiefs have done but with 32 less employees. Remember that it was a better economy when crime was up in Fitchburg. So he has done the same with less police in a worse economy.

Louney was made to see the writing on the wall and left before he was fired. Tasca was fired. Other "good ole boys" got the message. In order for a city to change for the better; you need community relations! I believe that DeMoura worked on this; I see a lot of room to continue to work on these issues.

I have made mention of the out of shape officers at the FPD; I believe that the Chief will address this issue. If these cops don't get into shape, they will be dropping dead from heart attacks and their families will sue! I believe that these out of shape cops need to meet goals and deadlines to get into shape or face a layoff!

We need more positive intervention of the police with our youth! Programs could be implemented through the grant monies set out for Fitchburg commuter rail projects. Give some cops business cards that they can give to the youth who they deem on the fence between falling into crime or a better life; these business cards could direct them to entitled jobs with the commuter rail project.

I believe that Chief DeMoura has the skill and energy to implement such projects. Letting DeMoura go and allowing Kearns to take over is like taking one step forward and two back. Fitchburg has already taken tough steps forward; we cannot afford a major set back!

In order for this city to survive and strive, we must block all avenues of accessability from the "good ole boy network". There was more to the Tasca situation than stealing money and cooking of the books.It was an allowed practice that was illegal that they got use to useing!!
Wow

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

resident wrote:
He met Wong in a classroom at FSC and went from a Lowell Acting Deputy Superintendent to chief of police overnight. Wong, being an outsider herself apparently took a chance and pretty much got lucky by breaking even. Her odds would have been the same had she gone to Foxwoods for such an appointment. DeMoura had nothing to lose and everything to gain at the cost of Fitchburg taxpayers. A city car, fuel, and six figures to shuffle the deck. What's his claim to fame, Taska? Not a bad gig! Time to move on......
Fat MAC

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly need to ask your Doctor to up your meds..It must be awfully loud listening to yourself. That volume can be adjusted a bit lower if you just give it a chance. The FPD are not going to bust down your bedroom door tonight, so microwave some popcorn and chill out. WOW! How many times are you gonna post under a different thought? If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been out?
McNamarra, you couldn't walk up my stairs to knock the door down. The post that you are commenting on I am advocating for more and better police! I advocate for better vehicles. It is evident that this is out of shape Mcnamarra.

Your idea of assisting ex cons on running the city is a great idea; it is obvious that the fat, out of shape "good ole boy network" can't get things done! After all Austraila was built by a penal colony.

As we see with Tasca the crook and now Keady the s.ex offender, we can't trust you people. It got so bad in the FPD that Tasca stated "everyone did it"; it got to a point where these people in positions of power felt that they were entitled to be allowed to steal!

Seriously,take Tasca. He admits that the entire administration within the FPD has been utilizing "match book comp time" or "taco bell wrapper kept comp time".This is an out of control rogue bunch that commits crime because they feel like they are above the law!

I am dissapointed with the Mayor as she took half measures here; Kearns should of been fired also. Louney,kearns and tasca should have been arrested and charged! The Mayor gets along with Kearns so she didn't fire him.

The night you laughed and stated that your buddy was running the station, those days are over! get on a diet FAT BOY!!
Good ole boys

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Wow, you seem to know the inside runnings of the FPD. You have a stake in this! LMAO!

Don't tell me that was you with the golf club outside my house today? If you come at me with that golf club ; I'll stick it up your a.s.s!!

Your network of "good ole boys" are punks! You are common criminals that hide behind your badge! you are cowardly perverted crooks that arrest grown men for the same crimes that you are committing!!

Your days are done punk!
Straight up

Holyoke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

The Wong and Demoura haters are all flinging unfounded and incorrect rhetoric. Demoura has done amazing things for Fitchburg with far less resources than were previously available. Wong hired him because he was a proven perfomer and he's lived up to every promise he made. I've had two opportunities to meet privately with the Chief and have discussed his goals, methods, and philsophies about how to best serve the Fitchburg community. I've found him to be genuine, focused, motivated, and yes invested in Fitchburg just as much as any towny....but don't let the facts get in the way of your opinions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of89
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Fitchburg Forum right now

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Driver's licenses for illegal immigrants 12 min Pedro 334
No one is posting anymore,Jtn has hijacked the ... 36 min Karen from da burg 5
Egg hunt planned for Saturday 41 min Karen from da burg 4
Will Jtn Post an intelligent comment that makes... 1 hr Jtn 9
Ex-Leominster council hopeful faces harass alle... 3 hr Steve Cote 7
Info on FSU continuing education tonight 3 hr Jtn 1
Pinwheels popping up as reminder 6 hr BillyBob 2
•••
•••