Fitchburg chief finalist for Somerville job - Sentinel & Enterprise

With 10 months left on his contract in Fitchburg, Police Chief Robert DeMoura may be headed for Somerville. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Red HALF Raider

Southbridge, MA

#1 Jun 16, 2010
MAYBE THIS TIME THE KNUCKLEHEAD LEADER OF A SINKING CITY MIGHT JUST UNDERSTAND WHY CHOOSING A HOME BOY IS THE WAY TO GO..PICK FROM HOME OR GET OUT OF TOWN.
Good Riddance

Fitchburg, MA

#2 Jun 16, 2010
I hope that this lying buffoon gets the job so we can be rid of him. He just used Fitchburg as a stepping stone. It will be interesting to see what other old cronie this nitwit mayor can hire from Lowell.
former resident

Worcester, MA

#3 Jun 16, 2010
I have to agree with Red HALF Raider...Now the city SHOULD take this opportunity to hire someone FROM the CITY that deserves the position!!
Say Bye

Fitchburg, MA

#5 Jun 16, 2010
His intentions from the get go were the same as Wongs. Use Fitchburg as just another step to move along. This man never had any interest in moving into Fitchburg and he was being deceptive by even suggesting such a move. Fitchburg needs "REAL" native leadership from someone with a vested interest in the city.
Gaetano Pistachio

Framingham, MA

#6 Jun 16, 2010
Let's hope School Supt. Andre Ravanelle follows the example provided by DeMoura.
Seriously

Woburn, MA

#7 Jun 16, 2010
If the city coucil and the police department want stability, they should work with him instead of focusing their energy on running this guy out of town.
Shocking huh? I'd say most people would be eyeing other positions after the way this man was treated.
Best of luck...good advice is Fitchburg in your rear view mirror.
Tax Payer

Westminster, MA

#8 Jun 16, 2010
Let Somerville have him. Hell I will help pack and move him! Hopefully he will need an assistant and he can take Wig-Wong with him!
Voter

Bedford, MA

#9 Jun 16, 2010
Another Wong mistep.
Poppycock

Worcester, MA

#10 Jun 16, 2010
So officers that have been on the force for 20 or more years and live in the city - or at least in one of its neighboring towns were passed over 2 years ago. Cops who know the city, the area, the needs, the quirks, and undertones got screwed so some guy that had to look up Fitchburg on a map could use the city as a stepping stone could punch his ticket.

How totally sad this is.
Marie in the Burg

Northampton, MA

#11 Jun 16, 2010
Somerville will be a shorter commute from Lowell. Bye, bye. Can't say we're sorry to see you go. I agree with the other posters who said Fitchburg was only a stepping stone in his career. He couldn't even be bothered to live up to his promise to move to Fitchburg if he got the job. There are officers who actually care about this city that deserve the position.
Truth

AOL

#12 Jun 16, 2010
He's certainly leaving the department better than he found it, no question.
gnome

Maynard, MA

#13 Jun 16, 2010
Return the chief's position to civil service and promote from within. The experiment has failed. It's time to go back to what works.
Fitchburg will fall

Concord, MA

#14 Jun 16, 2010
former resident wrote:
I have to agree with Red HALF Raider...Now the city SHOULD take this opportunity to hire someone FROM the CITY that deserves the position!!
If they pick a cop from town, I will personally run for Mayor! Are you sick? Who would you pick; Kearns? Fitchburg has been getting better and you want to bring us down?

There isn't a cop worthy of the publics trust in this town! They are just beginning to build trust back up!

If a Chief is choisen from this town then the Heroin will flow back into every street and the shootings will increase. And the DISRESPECTING of all Fitchburg residents will begin again concerning the FPDs treatment of the citizens of Fitchburg!

I will bet my life on the fact that if Kearns or any other IGNORANT,unprofessional member of the FPD is hired as Chief that the FBI will take over the police station within a years time!

The people just began to be treated with a glimpse of respect by the FPD and yes the FPD is the most IGNORANT,DISRESPECTFUL bunch of law enforcement in the entire state of Massachusetts!!

Fitchburg will fall

Concord, MA

#15 Jun 16, 2010
gnome wrote:
Return the chief's position to civil service and promote from within. The experiment has failed. It's time to go back to what works.
"What works"? I challenge you to an open debate on FTV! "What works"? You are so wrong that you could not name and point out ANY positive change done in this town by any of the past Chiefs?

You talk of something that was never fact in Fitchburg! They had 32 more police on the streets and Fitchburg was a complete criminal mess! You could drive down any street and see criminal activity!

There are more of us who want a better Fitchburg to allow your clique to take control of the FPD!

You destroyed anything that was good about Fitchburg! I will personally sue the city if they hire Kearns! He is an ignorant piece of work! He should be sent out of this town! Why doesn't Kearns and the rest of the old FPD leave Fitchburg for another town???

This bunch of criminal cops destroyed anything and everything that was good about Fitchburg! You must live on the outskirts of the city near all these puke cops!
Ooooo

Maynard, MA

#16 Jun 16, 2010
Fitchburg will fall wrote:
<quoted text>
"What works"? I challenge you to an open debate on FTV! "What works"? You are so wrong that you could not name and point out ANY positive change done in this town by any of the past Chiefs?
You talk of something that was never fact in Fitchburg! They had 32 more police on the streets and Fitchburg was a complete criminal mess! You could drive down any street and see criminal activity!
There are more of us who want a better Fitchburg to allow your clique to take control of the FPD!
You destroyed anything that was good about Fitchburg! I will personally sue the city if they hire Kearns! He is an ignorant piece of work! He should be sent out of this town! Why doesn't Kearns and the rest of the old FPD leave Fitchburg for another town???
This bunch of criminal cops destroyed anything and everything that was good about Fitchburg! You must live on the outskirts of the city near all these puke cops!
Yikes! There's someone with "issues."
Fitchburg will fall

Concord, MA

#17 Jun 16, 2010
Marie in the Burg wrote:
Somerville will be a shorter commute from Lowell. Bye, bye. Can't say we're sorry to see you go. I agree with the other posters who said Fitchburg was only a stepping stone in his career. He couldn't even be bothered to live up to his promise to move to Fitchburg if he got the job. There are officers who actually care about this city that deserve the position.
Marie, name the cops of whom you speak? Fitchburg had 32 more cops when Kearns was Chief! There was more crime in this city then and it was a better economy!

The "good ole boy network"? Be serious and honest!! Fitchburg is getting better and you want to bring back the old clique? What cops in Fitchburg care? NAME THEM! Cadilac Obrien maybe? Kearns the corrupt?

The heroin and the crime and guns was so bad in Fitchburg; WHY DO YOU FORGET SO CONVEINENTLY? There were public marches through the streets! Remember the serious anti "snitch" campaign in Fitchburg??? Now citizens call and report crimes!

Marie, why is it that you do not want Fitchburg to get better? Honestly, why would you want the "good ole boy network" of criminal cops running this town again??? They stole from this town and the totally corrupted the law enforcement efforts in this town!

You know marie, The 'good ole boy network" themselves don't want it to return to the past as they own property in Fitchburg and they want their values to go up and not down!!

Down we go

Concord, MA

#19 Jun 16, 2010
Poppycock wrote:
So officers that have been on the force for 20 or more years and live in the city - or at least in one of its neighboring towns were passed over 2 years ago. Cops who know the city, the area, the needs, the quirks, and undertones got **** so some guy that had to look up Fitchburg on a map could use the city as a stepping stone could punch his ticket.
How totally sad this is.
You are out right lying! Fitchburg was a crime ridden toilet under Kearns,tasca and others. All this "good ole boy network" cared about is lining their pockets with "match book" comp time!

They had 32 more police under Tasca and Kearns. There was twice as many shootings, robberies and drug deals. Fitchburg was the Heroin capital! It was so bad that how could there be no cops on the take?? Major drug dealers ran this town!!

The only honest cops in this town that cared told it how it was during the Tasca and Louney departure!! You remember the bloggs!!!

This bunch of criminal cops ran this town into the toilet. they created an "us against them" network! Finally in the past few years, citizens are starting to communicate with the FPD!

Kaddy, why don't you just post your real name?? PUKE!!!! I will personally make sure that the "good ole boy network" of criminal cops is not brought back!

If I was the Mayor, i would approach Demoura and work out a deal for him to stay!!
Guido

Boston, MA

#20 Jun 16, 2010
Demoura I reada dis article, Demoura I laugh!
Fitchburg Resident

Methuen, MA

#21 Jun 16, 2010
Bergeron is Deputy Chief, would he get the job if Demoura left?
Kaddy hire Louney

Concord, MA

#22 Jun 16, 2010
Hey kaddy, Who do you want as Chief? Kearns? Louney?? Kaddy ,I will challenge you personally if you think that you are going to suggest kearns,your next door neighbor or Louney the crook!

Kaddy, you have been part of this problem in Fitchburg!

DeMoura has been the best thing for Fitchburg so far! He had 32 less cops than your BUDDY TASCA and KEARNS!! And half the crime!!!!

Why you get elected, I will never know as you are the worse manager that this town has ever seen!! You have two flunky businesses that have an average of one customer every three months!

I feel in my heart that members of the FPD were on the take as Heroin dealers were paying them to operate in the city!

Kaddy, where is the $40,000 plus that went missing from the treasury??? Kearns was in charge of that investigation, correct??

Fitchburg has battled you enough to this point and we will not stop. We want a better Fitchburg regardless of your "good ole boy network". Your arrogant cop friends can go F. u. ck themselves!!!!!

It is time for you to leave office and move from Fitchburg!! You have done nothing positive for Fitchburg!!! Go head the FPD Union as for when we take over the mAYORS OFFICE and councilmen positions we will fire the FPD union. No more contracts for the FPD! That is real positive change!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Jtn run for Governor of Massachusetts? 7 hr Jtn 3
Should Jtn be BANNED from Topix? 16 hr Rihanna 3
Numbers of homeless increase in region 20 hr The Insider 13
Good Samaritan gets more than he bargained for ... Tue Dr Martscoff 2
Man charged with assaulting ex-girlfriend - Sen... (Sep '09) Tue Jtn 74
Police: Man found in FSC bathroom arrested - Se... (Dec '08) Tue Tim 17
Fitchburg High, Fitchburg State team up to prov... Tue BillyBob 2
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••