Ashby man driven by his love for hobb...

Ashby man driven by his love for hobbies - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 37 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Jan 25, 2010, titled Ashby man driven by his love for hobbies - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Gardner LePoer has about six Fiats stored in the basement level of his Main Street barn, but he isn't sure how many he has parked in his backyard.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ashby Resident

Gardner, MA

#1 Jan 25, 2010
Mr. Lepoer's yard is an eye sore on main st.
The majority of the homeowners keep their homes and yards looking beautiful, and to drive by his home all you see junk everywhere.
i don't understand why he is allowed to get away with a yard strewn with junk cars and tons of debris scattered all around.
I have no problem with him having his little hobby, but at least have the common sense to store it away where your neighbors don't have to look at it.
C'mon Gardner, clean up your yard, its been a dump for too long, and its not fair to those who live around you!!
Ashby Man

United States

#2 Jan 25, 2010
Isn't there a by law about how many unregistered vehicles you can have in your yard at once?
Fred Sanford

United States

#3 Jan 25, 2010
Lamont just told me the town allows 37 unregistered vehicles in your yard at one time, and Grady agrees.
main st resident

Millis, MA

#4 Jan 25, 2010
stop whining about it (you know who you are). it isn't your yard and he isn't hurting your property. How long have you all lived there? have you ever gone over to talk to him. Have any of you even bothered to look up the laws you so dearly cling to? I can almost bet the people that are complaining about it haven't lived in the area half as long as Gardner has so stop you're whining and enjoy the meorabelia.
main st resident

Millis, MA

#7 Jan 25, 2010
compulsive hoarding is completely different than what this man is doing. hoarders throw nothing out whatsoever. this man is in love with his hobby.
is his house filled with junk and he can not see out the windows or open the doors?
i am a psychologist at a well known clinic here in the boston area. I deal with people that have obsessive disorders. this man is clearly and enthusiast not compulsive.
Just me --the big bully

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#9 Jan 25, 2010
Joey wrote:
I can not believe this is a story. That place is a mess. All those are useful for are homes for the resident Ashby mice and rats. Why are you hoarding them? You dont even know how many you have. Sell them or give them away to someone who will restore them and make them useful.
Or restore them and sell them.
The first time thru Ashby I was like WHAT IS THAT MESS!!.
I can't believe the town allows it.
I have driven through Ashby several times on my way home from NH and have not seen this so called "mess".....if I have to look that close to see it, then maybe people are making a big deal about nothing.
Just me --the big bully

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#12 Jan 25, 2010
Joey wrote:
Slow down a bit and take a look at it and tell me you'd want your property near it. Seriously shells of cars everywhere.
Joey, what I am saying is if I have to drive slow and look carefully, then apparently it isn't as obvious as the people claim. I can understand the neighbors being a bit upset, especially if there isn't a fence or something to hide the "mess" as you call it.
But, just to humor you....one day later this week, on my way through I will drive slowly and look carefully and let you know what I see.
Just me --the big bully

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#13 Jan 25, 2010
Joey, what is your favorite muscle car or vehicle (mine is the hemi cuda), would it bother you the same if this gentleman had shells of your favorite muscle car or vehicle in his back yard?
main st resident

Millis, MA

#15 Jan 25, 2010
Joey wrote:
Wow you can do a diagnosis by a story. Your good.
Have you been by this place?
yes I live near there. how can anyone else do a diagnosis by not investigating the household?
main st resident

Millis, MA

#16 Jan 25, 2010
Joey wrote:
Yes. He could have all old boss 302's in his backyard and I would still think it looked awful.
The place is a mess.
I have a question, how long have you lived there joey?
Ashby Lover

Leominster, MA

#18 Jan 25, 2010
This property is one of the biggest eye sores on Ashby's historic Main St. While other people are trying to bring back the beauty of Main St. There are dozens of cars rotting in the yard seeping fluids into the ground contaminating the ground water all around. I can't believe the Board of Health has not stepped in yet. His hobby/obseesion looks more like a junkyard, such a welcome to downtown.
Fed Up With Ashby Boards

United States

#19 Jan 25, 2010
I read this article with interest. Gardner LePoer's house and yard should be wrapped in that yellow tape printed with "CRIME SCENE - DO NOT CROSS." If the Conservation Commission or the Board of Health or the Zoning Board took their charge seriously the unbelievable conditions which exist on this property would be addressed. None of the members of any of those boards give a rip!! Ground pollution?? Who cares?? Unsightly zoning mess?? Who cares?? Protection of surrounding property values?? Who cares?? Health concerns?? Who cares?? Ashby Boards need a clean sweep and some fresh members who can give that place an objective look with an eye to property values and Ashby's overall appeal. The place is a disgrace! I feel for surrounding property owners!
What

Arlington, MA

#20 Jan 25, 2010
Fed Up With Ashby Boards wrote:
I read this article with interest. Gardner LePoer's house and yard should be wrapped in that yellow tape printed with "CRIME SCENE - DO NOT CROSS." If the Conservation Commission or the Board of Health or the Zoning Board took their charge seriously the unbelievable conditions which exist on this property would be addressed. None of the members of any of those boards give a rip!! Ground pollution?? Who cares?? Unsightly zoning mess?? Who cares?? Protection of surrounding property values?? Who cares?? Health concerns?? Who cares?? Ashby Boards need a clean sweep and some fresh members who can give that place an objective look with an eye to property values and Ashby's overall appeal. The place is a disgrace! I feel for surrounding property owners!
Do you live in Ashby? If you lived here you would know that a few years ago the Town of Ashby tried to limit the number of unregistered cars a person could have. I'm not sure of the exact number 4 or 5, but when it came time to vote the people of Ashby voted it down. The Boards tried but the people said no. Please don't complain when you don't know the facts.
Just me --the big bully

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#21 Jan 26, 2010
Ashby Lover wrote:
This property is one of the biggest eye sores on Ashby's historic Main St. While other people are trying to bring back the beauty of Main St. There are dozens of cars rotting in the yard seeping fluids into the ground contaminating the ground water all around. I can't believe the Board of Health has not stepped in yet. His hobby/obseesion looks more like a junkyard, such a welcome to downtown.
Are you positive that they are leaking fluid into the ground? Do you have reports of these fluids comtaminating the ground water? Just because there are vehicles sitting "rotting" as you call it, does not mean that everyone is pouring out fluid. I have had up to 3 vehicles sitting in my yard at one time, using them for parts for the vehicle I was driving.....2 out of the 3 of those vehicles had a very slow drip of fluid, one of oil and one of coolant.....I had a drain pan under both.
Please go by what you know, not by what you think is happening. You know there are a lot of vehicles in his yard, you do not know that they are all #1-leaking fluid and #2-this fluid is contaminating the ground water.
Ashby Man

United States

#22 Jan 26, 2010
Just me --the big bully wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you positive that they are leaking fluid into the ground? Do you have reports of these fluids comtaminating the ground water? Just because there are vehicles sitting "rotting" as you call it, does not mean that everyone is pouring out fluid. I have had up to 3 vehicles sitting in my yard at one time, using them for parts for the vehicle I was driving.....2 out of the 3 of those vehicles had a very slow drip of fluid, one of oil and one of coolant.....I had a drain pan under both.
Please go by what you know, not by what you think is happening. You know there are a lot of vehicles in his yard, you do not know that they are all #1-leaking fluid and #2-this fluid is contaminating the ground water.
There was no such reports around the gas station on west main st. until someone tryed to sell their house and could'nt because of contamanated water from seepage.
so put that in your pipe and smoke it, big bully.
Just me --the big bully

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#23 Jan 26, 2010
Ashby Man wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no such reports around the gas station on west main st. until someone tryed to sell their house and could'nt because of contamanated water from seepage.
so put that in your pipe and smoke it, big bully.
First of all AH, I do not smoke a pipe, or anything for that matter.
Second, if this "is" happening, then don't you think the town would step in, do some tests and then be able to fine this gentleman and get some $$$ for the town.....that is what it is all about in these small towns, right?
Lamont Sanford

United States

#24 Jan 26, 2010
Good news: I just found out that this article is going to appear in the next issue of Better Homes & Fiats.
Barbara

Gardner, MA

#26 Jan 26, 2010
I think that the auctioneer who lived across the street from this junkyard before he died would have given a much different interview to the reporter. Not all the neighbors are PollyAnnas.
reality check

Sudbury, MA

#27 Jan 26, 2010
This place was a mess when I went there at least twenty-five years ago. Inside and out. He doesn't need an article praising his hobby. He needs a visit from the board of health. I can't imagine what's been added since my visit many years ago. I went once. That was enough.
Ashby Man

United States

#28 Jan 27, 2010
iheard that the TV show Hoarders is looking to talk to Mr. Lepoer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Concerned Fitchburg residents get tour of propo... 49 min Bill 8
News Fitchburg fire chief and firefighters honored T... 50 min Bill 6
Help Feed Our Community (HFOC) 7 hr Tami 1
Fitchburgs corruption being exposed (Feb '16) 9 hr Fat Stevie 85
Uncle Remus 10 hr Irvine 1
News Fitchburg man and Worcester woman pronounced de... (Jul '10) Mon Mom to Tom 27
Smitty Mon Jim 1

Fitchburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fitchburg Mortgages