Crew, actors film movie on local city streets - Sentinel & Enterprise

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

Camera crews and actors filled up Monument Square in Leominster Wednesday morning as filming continued on a movie being produced locally by Victoria Lane Studios.
Comments
21 - 40 of 59 Comments Last updated Aug 5, 2013
Camera Tech

Lancaster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

1.The production company pays ALL costs associated with the film including police details and such.
2.Many of the crew spent money for food and supplies at Leominster business's and continue to do so.
3. There are NO city employees on the production staff.
4. This production and it's associated studio keeps several local people employed full time.
5. The economic development staff and arts grants are the reason many may be working here in the future. Several smaller film companies have expressed an interest in doing the same type of thing here as Hollywood has moved east. This is good for the economy.
6. Some people have nothing better to do than be harsh to people who have worked hard making this happen. It's OK we expect it from them.
7. If you think it's easy then give it a try. Show us what you got!
8. I guess, like any other place, a few dullards think words and comments will have an effect! The only effect you have is to make everyone work even harder! So basically YOU LOSE!
9. Having a city staff that promotes the ARTS, FILM and other events has been the saving grace for many cities across the country. We looked at several Locations but choose to work here where we live!
Thanks to Leominster and the many things like the SUMMER STROLL that help bring families and people together!
10. "SMOKE SCREEN" your a classic example of what is wrong with our society and should you be ashamed!
Why don't you show us how it's done then if your so smart!
Camera Tech

Lancaster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

good luck wrote:
Wow, shows the class of some of the residents in Leominster. Good luck with your filming, and I, for one,am glad that the city was able to provide you with the help you needed and a nice and clean setting for it!
Thank You. It's nice to know some people here are sane.
Camera Tech

Lancaster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

Smoke Screen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahhaha. Talk about small potatoes and a load of ****. I was in Leominster when they filmed "School Days" which was a major motion picture. They filmed the trail depot scene there. It had major stars in it. How come that didn't bring any fame to Leominster? You think this little low quality production is using the same equipment as that film did? You are so wrong.
School Days was a long time ago and was basically a flop!
FYI WE film in Full resolution primary HD 1080 80i. It is the standard of the film industry worldwide and also what you watch on your 60" flat screen. Maybe you should learn a little about how things are done in today's world before you comment. Thanks
Leominster Supporter

Lancaster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

Wow it's nice to see this kind of thing going on here. Good Luck with everything! Don't listen to the idiotic comments. When you have nothing else better to do its always easy to be negative!
Keep up the good work.
Leominster Resident

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

Camera Tech wrote:
<quoted text>
School Days was a long time ago and was basically a flop!
FYI WE film in Full resolution primary HD 1080 80i. It is the standard of the film industry worldwide and also what you watch on your 60" flat screen. Maybe you should learn a little about how things are done in today's world before you comment. Thanks
Yes, and when they made "School days" i'm sure the crew was saying the same thing you are about how great the project was! Film industry is a gamble. I do wish you luck! But if you made a film for example of the lack of educational spending, you would have a HUGE hit! There is alot going on more than meets the eye here! That's why Leominsterians are upset!
leonard maltin

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

Nice to see this sort of stuff being filmed right at the bus stop downtown. Must have taken a few PA's (Production Assistants)to clean up all the cigarette butts, bloody needles, beer caps, and half pints thrown about the area. Hopefully they'll be around in October when the DPW begins putting up the Xmass lights. That's a months worth of OT baby.
clarity

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

I guess you are missing the points. Almost everyone I've talked to is very happy people are filming in Leominster- that isn't the problem- it's absolutely wonderful and the production (as well as future ones)is/are wished great success. The problem is attributing this event solely to the mayor's "greatness". If production and camera staff were really blogging- they'd put their names in for source validity. Because there are only vague titles that may or may not exist- no one believes you are from the production staff. Truth is-you sound like a mayoral infomercial.
Camera Tech wrote:
1.The production company pays ALL costs associated with the film including police details and such.
2.Many of the crew spent money for food and supplies at Leominster business's and continue to do so.
3. There are NO city employees on the production staff.
4. This production and it's associated studio keeps several local people employed full time.
5. The economic development staff and arts grants are the reason many may be working here in the future. Several smaller film companies have expressed an interest in doing the same type of thing here as Hollywood has moved east. This is good for the economy.
6. Some people have nothing better to do than be harsh to people who have worked hard making this happen. It's OK we expect it from them.
7. If you think it's easy then give it a try. Show us what you got!
8. I guess, like any other place, a few dullards think words and comments will have an effect! The only effect you have is to make everyone work even harder! So basically YOU LOSE!
9. Having a city staff that promotes the ARTS, FILM and other events has been the saving grace for many cities across the country. We looked at several Locations but choose to work here where we live!
Thanks to Leominster and the many things like the SUMMER STROLL that help bring families and people together!
10. "SMOKE SCREEN" your a classic example of what is wrong with our society and should you be ashamed!
Why don't you show us how it's done then if your so smart!
A VERY Proud American

Waltham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

Such negativity!!! What a shame. Something good happening in Leominster and all of the nasty comments. So, it is a "small" film - so what! Even the so-called blockbusters with unlimited budgets, etc etc often go bust. It is a shame that instead of being proud of where you live you "trash" it! Good luck on the film and thank you for choosing Leominster.
Executive Director

Mansfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

OK People this is supposed to be a creative blog or forum. I am the executive director of the movie studio. My camera Tech is the one who posted some info here.
We are happy to be filming here and spending money in the city. We have made our comments here and to be honest I am a little disgusted at how people respond in relation to the city. If you are not happy I guess you should move or something, but our people are hard working and dedicated. I would like to bring more here if possible. It seems you are out to do nothing useful but bash the Mayor. The city was kind to let us use this space for our project and we thank them. Look around the country as we have recently and you will see that many cities are not capable of this kind of thing. You should feel lucky as many cities are in terrible condition compared to
Leominster. In Detriot there are almost NO public services of any kind.(something we wanted to film but it was deemed to dangerous).
There are several more projects like this already in the planning stages and we just completed several documentaries from the area. We are currently working with executive planners at the Holywood East facility in Plymouth and are trying to expand into this area. The people who were on the crew in the park are MY employees and are based out of leominster. Please consider what you say and get your story correct before you acuse the Mayor of speaking for us!
Thanks
Eric Baird
Exeutive Director
Victoria Lane Studios
ACTS Entertainment
Executive Director

Marion, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

A VERY Proud American wrote:
Such negativity!!! What a shame. Something good happening in Leominster and all of the nasty comments. So, it is a "small" film - so what! Even the so-called blockbusters with unlimited budgets, etc etc often go bust. It is a shame that instead of being proud of where you live you "trash" it! Good luck on the film and thank you for choosing Leominster.
Thanks very are happy to know there are still educated, proud Americans who support each other.
Just sayin

Marion, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

One thing I noticed. You are all talking about how the mayor made this happen. Funny thing is he is not even mentioned in the article.
Did you people even read it?
Just sayin

Marion, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

Here is a link to a very early pre-release trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/user/VictoriaLaneStudi...
Good for them

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

Keep doing your thing film makers. These people are all just jealous they don't have the guts to do anything bigger than complain on a message board. Also, I'm surprised the Twin Cities aren't flourishing, with all the positive people in the area you would think it would be thriving. Haha.
Leominster Resident

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

Executive Director wrote:
OK People this is supposed to be a creative blog or forum. I am the executive director of the movie studio. My camera Tech is the one who posted some info here.
We are happy to be filming here and spending money in the city. We have made our comments here and to be honest I am a little disgusted at how people respond in relation to the city. If you are not happy I guess you should move or something, but our people are hard working and dedicated. I would like to bring more here if possible. It seems you are out to do nothing useful but bash the Mayor. The city was kind to let us use this space for our project and we thank them. Look around the country as we have recently and you will see that many cities are not capable of this kind of thing. You should feel lucky as many cities are in terrible condition compared to
Leominster. In Detriot there are almost NO public services of any kind.(something we wanted to film but it was deemed to dangerous).
There are several more projects like this already in the planning stages and we just completed several documentaries from the area. We are currently working with executive planners at the Holywood East facility in Plymouth and are trying to expand into this area. The people who were on the crew in the park are MY employees and are based out of leominster. Please consider what you say and get your story correct before you acuse the Mayor of speaking for us!
Thanks
Eric Baird
Exeutive Director
Victoria Lane Studios
ACTS Entertainment
This was a partial statment from 'production manager" on the previous page
"The Mayor and the economic development staff of Leominster were very helpful during the current filming, by supporting local busines, making arrangements for assistance, and coordination of services."
So if the Mayor was helful I guess he was speaking for YOU! Like I stated before, I do wish you luck on the film! I guess you have to live in Leominster to know what's really going on!
bo scott mother

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2010

there are some real jealous people out there..why?...who knows.....the Mayor has had some success and for some reason that makes certain people turn green....life if for all of us, not just for you
overrated

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2010

Supporter of Mayor Dino wrote:
Thanks to the Mayor for making this happen, another example of the booming economy in Leominster!
The rub on this issue is the first statement put in by one of the mayor's buddies. This would be the equivalent of an actor (with a press puppet and entourage) taking sole credit for the making of a movie, over and over again.

The lies and deception have gone on for years and people have had enough. So when the first entry in the blog is yet another attempt to be the hero of the movie the response is predictable.

What this means is the people in this city who are doing the real work and who are paying the bills, want to make sure the credits as the end of the movie accurately reflect the producers, directors, crew members,... all those who made it happen. Not some over-hyped two-bit actor who surrounds himself with agents lawyers, and publicist paid for with other peoples money.

We wish you great success with the movie.
ACTS -stock- holder

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2010

So where did you get the money for another half assed project? Did you screw more people out of their hard earned money by selling them bogus stocks? Or do people actually have to pay to be in the movie??!
Mr. Baird has made himself a lot of enemies with his many companies, corporations, and get rich schemes.
Yes, good luck to everyone involved, I hope you guys make a great movie. Just don't lend the director any money, he'll eat it up and never return a penny.
Leominster Resident

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2010

bo scott mother wrote:
there are some real jealous people out there..why?...who knows.....the Mayor has had some success and for some reason that makes certain people turn green....life if for all of us, not just for you
What success would that be? When he first became Mayor years ago? I'll give you that. It's a shame however that his lack of ethics and copy cat leadership has devalued him. GREEN? absolutly not! It's facts. Fact that the are no proper staff and supplies for education in this town, Fact that there isn't proper facility for the police, Fact of his personal life effecting a City runned government and staff. Shall I go on?

These NEW projects that you think he's creating, they aren't new. They are created by real (outside of Leom.) politians who have the "peoples" best interest. He just tries to implament those ideas here and tries to take credit for it.

It's the facts that are turning peoples opinion about him!
Leominster Supporter

Lancaster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2010

Leominster Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
What success would that be? When he first became Mayor years ago? I'll give you that. It's a shame however that his lack of ethics and copy cat leadership has devalued him. GREEN? absolutly not! It's facts. Fact that the are no proper staff and supplies for education in this town, Fact that there isn't proper facility for the police, Fact of his personal life effecting a City runned government and staff. Shall I go on?
These NEW projects that you think he's creating, they aren't new. They are created by real (outside of Leom.) politians who have the "peoples" best interest. He just tries to implament those ideas here and tries to take credit for it.
It's the facts that are turning peoples opinion about him!
If your a stock Holder then why don't you pony up and call the office! This company is doing great so I think you are a little behind in your information!!!
Leominster Resident

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2010

Leominster Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
If your a stock Holder then why don't you pony up and call the office! This company is doing great so I think you are a little behind in your information!!!
What? what company? the city of leominster is a company? What Stock Holder? Do you mean a tax payer? Behind in your information? you don't make sense!

There is a difference between supporting Leominster and supporting the Mayor, I've always supported Leominster just changed my view on supporting the Mayor since his actions have become apparent.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Fitchburg News, Events & Info