Crew, actors film movie on local city streets - Sentinel & Enterprise

Camera crews and actors filled up Monument Square in Leominster Wednesday morning as filming continued on a movie being produced locally by Victoria Lane Studios. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Supporter of Mayor Dino

Leominster, MA

#1 Jul 29, 2010
Thanks to the Mayor for making this happen, another example of the booming economy in Leominster!
angry voter

Auburn, MA

#2 Jul 29, 2010
You are so funny!!! Everything good that happens in Leominster- you decide he to give him credit for- whether he was involved or he wasn't. Keep drinking that koolaid!
Supporter of Mayor Dino wrote:
Thanks to the Mayor for making this happen, another example of the booming economy in Leominster!
Smoke Screen

Gloucester, MA

#3 Jul 29, 2010
Supporter of Mayor Dino wrote:
Oh Jeez...making this happen and a booming economy. Get a grip on reality. I don't think this little production is worth the woo-haw. Let's face it, they said they had to borrow equipment from Leominster Local Access. Not exactly up in the big time ranks. Don't expect to see Angelina or Brad Pitt having lunch downtown.
Name is my Name

Amherst, MA

#4 Jul 29, 2010
Maybe we should make a movie about the mayors love triangle....:)
Leominster Resident

Worcester, MA

#5 Jul 29, 2010
How is this going to help with Leominsters Education Crisis? Are they making a film on the bolgna?
Jeff J

Cotuit, MA

#6 Jul 29, 2010
angry voter wrote:
You are so funny!!! Everything good that happens in Leominster- you decide he to give him credit for- whether he was involved or he wasn't. Keep drinking that koolaid!
<quoted text>
What does "he to give him credit for" mean?
good4u

Leominster, MA

#7 Jul 29, 2010
I fail to see how this article has anything to do with the Mayor. Granted this production is no Star Wars but it's great to see the kids taking a shot at the industry. It does put more people in the town spending money.
angry voter

Auburn, MA

#8 Jul 29, 2010
Sorry Jeff J- it was a typo- the "he" shouldn't be there.
Jeff J wrote:
<quoted text>What does "he to give him credit for" mean?
Mayors are just people

Clinton, MA

#9 Jul 29, 2010
Not sure why the mayor got the credit for this small movie filmed in Leominster, but I guess you're a big fan, huh?. Maybe you ARE the mayor putting this post up!!! Hahahahahaha!
Production Manager

Lancaster, MA

#10 Jul 29, 2010
The Mayor and the economic development staff of Leominster were very helpful during the current filming, by supporting local busines, making arrangements for assistance, and coordination of services. This film will be shown locally and then will be shown through WNYT New York who are the national distributors of public television. LATV did provided some equipment that was a big help to the budget. It is also up for submission to one of the largest film festivals in the United States. These things cost a considerable amount of money to produce. For those of you who do not understand how films are made these day, the same equipment used at LATV is also used by many large productions companies nationwide. This support from the local level is critical to the final product. Many cities do not have the foresight to understand how these things work. Kudo's to The City Leominster and it's staff for opening up the door for what will be more business like this in the future. This and other productions also employee several people who live in the city FULL TIME!
Oh and the entire crew were patrons of stores and food establishment in the city while they were here.
The More you Know!
Smoke Screen

Peabody, MA

#11 Jul 29, 2010
Production Manager wrote:
The Mayor and the economic development staff of Leominster were very helpful during the current filming, by supporting local busines, making arrangements for assistance, and coordination of services. This film will be shown locally and then will be shown through WNYT New York who are the national distributors of public television. LATV did provided some equipment that was a big help to the budget. It is also up for submission to one of the largest film festivals in the United States. These things cost a considerable amount of money to produce. For those of you who do not understand how films are made these day, the same equipment used at LATV is also used by many large productions companies nationwide. This support from the local level is critical to the final product. Many cities do not have the foresight to understand how these things work. Kudo's to The City Leominster and it's staff for opening up the door for what will be more business like this in the future. This and other productions also employee several people who live in the city FULL TIME!
Oh and the entire crew were patrons of stores and food establishment in the city while they were here.
The More you Know!
Hahahahahhaha. Talk about small potatoes and a load of crap. I was in Leominster when they filmed "School Days" which was a major motion picture. They filmed the trail depot scene there. It had major stars in it. How come that didn't bring any fame to Leominster? You think this little low quality production is using the same equipment as that film did? You are so wrong.
Disgusted

Brighton, MA

#12 Jul 29, 2010
Why can't people just be nice once in a while? Good Luck with your film!!! I hope it is very successful.
stop it

AOL

#13 Jul 29, 2010
Smoke Screen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahhaha. Talk about small potatoes and a load of ****. I was in Leominster when they filmed "School Days" which was a major motion picture. They filmed the trail depot scene there. It had major stars in it. How come that didn't bring any fame to Leominster? You think this little low quality production is using the same equipment as that film did? You are so wrong.
Wow, what a negative, miserable toad.
It's a nice little story about something occurring in town we don't see every day. Hope the movie finds success. Hope Smoke screen finds a life.
there you have it

United States

#14 Jul 29, 2010
Supporter of Mayor Dino = Jim Whitney

Production Manager = Lisa Vallee
Jim

Fitchburg, MA

#15 Jul 29, 2010
The director is from Fitchburg?, I wonder why they did not film in Fitchburg, perhaps they felt it was too unsafe
A luxury

Redwood City, CA

#16 Jul 29, 2010
Production Manager wrote:
The More you Know!
Good luck with your movie!

The real thanks belongs to the taxpayer who are paying for the luxury of an economic development staff that has the time to this stuff.

I suspect they would have filmed here whether there was an economic development staff or not and I suspect that the cost of maintaining the staff surely is more than any revenue generated.

If someone from the school department were to have the schedule and responsibilities of the economic development coordinator or the grant writer then they surely would have been cut by now.

How can you cut 75 people from the schools and have enough resources for this stuff?
pictures speak

Leominster, MA

#17 Jul 29, 2010
Just from the picture I've figured this movie out. He's the brainy kid at school from a wealthy family. She is the popular girl who works at a pizza place part time to support her family. They find common ground in Monument square. She goes there to give her homeless father $ at the bus stop bench. He goes there to poke sticks at the homeless and laugh. The twist in the end is she gives him an altimatem, texting or sexting and he chooses his Iphone.
good luck

Braintree, MA

#18 Jul 29, 2010
Wow, shows the class of some of the residents in Leominster. Good luck with your filming, and I, for one,am glad that the city was able to provide you with the help you needed and a nice and clean setting for it!
Pay per view

Windham, NH

#19 Jul 29, 2010
Name is my Name wrote:
Maybe we should make a movie about the mayors love triangle....:)
You wouldn't get that movie for free!
Excallaber

Worcester, MA

#20 Jul 29, 2010
Victorias Secret now thats an original

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has Jtn taken over and ruined Topix 15 min Ken 12
Will Jtn ever post an Intelligent comment in th... 18 min Jtn Admirers FanClub 30
Jtn please get off topix 39 min Rihanna 8
Should Jtn run for Governor of Massachusetts? 12 hr Jtn 3
Should Jtn be BANNED from Topix? 22 hr Rihanna 3
Numbers of homeless increase in region Wed The Insider 13
Good Samaritan gets more than he bargained for ... Tue Dr Martscoff 2
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
Fitchburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••