Fitchburg police: Gang member shot at...

Fitchburg police: Gang member shot at man who didn't pay for cr...

There are 104 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Jul 16, 2008, titled Fitchburg police: Gang member shot at man who didn't pay for cr.... In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

A member of the Latin Kings gang allegedly shot at an Orange man early Tuesday morning because he didn't pay for his crack cocaine, according to police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

Code of the streets

North Kingstown, RI

#26 Jul 16, 2008
Damn, he licked off 3 shots and he didnt hit him.
Sounds like he should be at the range brushing up on his marksmanship skills...
Erik

Pembroke, MA

#27 Jul 16, 2008
There is no "Latin Kings" gang in Fitchburg. It's just a bunch of scumbagish 20 something Spanish thugs. They call themselves all kinds of names, but we do ourselves and our community a disservice by glorifying them. When gangs of losers get names like "Latin Kings: it makes them feel like bigshots, and, more importantly, it turns the rest of us into fearful rabbits, ready to jump at the next Hispanic we bump into.
This fantasy world, filled with Latin Kings and Al Qaedas, is scaring us into buying into a police state. Wake up people!
Rena

Huntersville, NC

#28 Jul 16, 2008
This whole story is disturbing on so many levels.... Nice to know the police/paper are protecting the crackhead.
SublimeO7

Windham, NH

#29 Jul 16, 2008
Emily wrote:
Over crowded prisons is one of the reasons that drug dealers get away with it all.
It is hard for the state to convict everything due to lack of space. I think they all should be convicted and if there is no room in a Massachusetts prison, then they should be transferred out of state to a prison with room.
Then again, Mass taxpayers would have to pay for them wherever they end up, so who knows.
It is frightening to see so many get away with so much. Criminals laugh in the face of justice because we let them!
Lack of space in the prisons? I have an idea - load up all the drug traffickers onto a great big leaky boat and tug it out into the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. End of problem.
cousin ralph

Middleton, MA

#30 Jul 16, 2008
Erik, You ignorant fool! Do me favor and speak with some street cops from fpd and lpd and ask them about the gang problems, real gang problems. The lating kings area here. The bloods are here.
Do us all a favor, wake the hell up and please tell us what color the sky is in your world, jackass!!!
WOW

Beverly, MA

#31 Jul 16, 2008
You are the dumbest person Ive ever met.
the watchman wrote:
you all think its bad now wait til obama gets elected. The whole of USA will never be the same.We already have a liberal governor who wants legal gun owners to pay outrageous fees to keep licenses, pardon criminals and now gays from all over can come here to marry. we are on a fast track to hell
Moe Moe

Attleboro, MA

#33 Jul 16, 2008
Let the state police take over. They will get the scum off our streets! Problem is, Fitchburg police don't want that to happen. Half of them collect hush money from these drug lords, and they look the other way when someone reports what is going on.
Marcia

United States

#34 Jul 16, 2008
Clarence Floyd wrote:
Latin Kings will attack if you steal their crack.
You're right on the mark, Clarence, on both of your comments...
Fitchburg Refugee

Bensalem, PA

#35 Jul 16, 2008
I left Fitchburg 20 years ago and have only returned to visit my Grandkids. I am now more convinced than ever that My Grandchildren need to be relocated out as the city has gone to H___L
lilbit

Concord, MA

#37 Jul 16, 2008
you are all blaming this one and that one and saying the dea should do more and prisoners should be sent elsewhere because of over crowding well the dea does an outstanding job then it goes to court and the judge says gee we're overcrowded in our jails let em go well if they put the people in jail where they should be mabe drug rehab, maybe an isolated place like hell for people that hurt our children then maybe there would be room for the real criminals but wait a minute that would cost too much money we'll just let that door keep swinging instead of trying to solve problems. and if your think it's so easy to make a drug arrest stick well why don't you do it for a living and go home and sleep at night.
lilbit

Concord, MA

#38 Jul 16, 2008
Rena wrote:
This whole story is disturbing on so many levels.... Nice to know the police/paper are protecting the crackhead.
ya know why don't you wake up and realize yes crack heads may do things they shouldn't but same as all drug addicts they have a problem stemming from another problem and it's the damn drug dealers that are the real bad guys they are the ones ruining our childrens lives and killing them.
jtn

Somerville, MA

#39 Jul 16, 2008
resign wong now
fitchburg insider

Newburyport, MA

#40 Jul 16, 2008
jtn wrote:
resign wong now
Why don't you petition the council?

At least Mr. Walsh asked to withdraw his petition.

Have some nuts! Grow a pair! Make sure you check your petition for spelling and grammar errors!

PUS**!
concerned resident

Gardner, MA

#41 Jul 16, 2008
Moe Moe wrote:
Let the state police take over. They will get the scum off our streets! Problem is, Fitchburg police don't want that to happen. Half of them collect hush money from these drug lords, and they look the other way when someone reports what is going on.
I take such offense to what you wrote. I know many Fitchburg cops as friends and as acquaintances and they certainly are not collecting hush money. The majority of Fitchburg cops are good people who care about our streets but can only do so much when they are understaffed. Why don't you try to take their job and do it better - I don't think it will happen!
gringo

Fitchburg, MA

#42 Jul 16, 2008
concerned resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I take such offense to what you wrote. I know many Fitchburg cops as friends and as acquaintances and they certainly are not collecting hush money. The majority of Fitchburg cops are good people who care about our streets but can only do so much when they are understaffed. Why don't you try to take their job and do it better - I don't think it will happen!
i disagree with you because these cops aint loyal at all they are pretty crooked and racist ive seen it happen
angelstarszzz

Boston, MA

#43 Jul 16, 2008
I didn't think the Latin Kings even really existed anymore...I have only met one who lived in Fitchburg a long time ago
Fitchburg S---s

Albany, NY

#44 Jul 16, 2008
The Latin Kings are nothing more than a bunch of sexually frustrated crack heads who hang out in playgrounds looking for underage girls. To there credit they did chase a deadbeat crackhead out of town. Maybe Mayor Wong should fire the Police department and hire the latin kings or latin dweebs, whatever they call themselves to get rid of all the deadbeat drug users out of Fitchburg. There cheaper and she won't have to pay them any benefits. I was also told that the Fitchburg Latin Kings are actually members of NAMBLA
the watchman

Wellesley, MA

#45 Jul 17, 2008
WOW wrote:
You are the dumbest person Ive ever met.
<quoted text>
You have never met me and I've obviously struck a nerve in your liberal ass.
Duh

Spencer, MA

#46 Jul 17, 2008
cousin ralph wrote:
Erik, You ignorant fool! Do me favor and speak with some street cops from fpd and lpd and ask them about the gang problems, real gang problems. The lating kings area here. The bloods are here.
Do us all a favor, wake the hell up and please tell us what color the sky is in your world, jackass!!!
Awesome reply! I was gonna reply with pretty much what you wrote,but some people think Fitch.& Leom.is like living in Mayberry or Beaver Cleaver commuity.
SCATT

Brookline, MA

#47 Jul 17, 2008
You should be shot if you don't pay your bill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
111 Mason rd in jefferson/Holden ma is Aiden Ke... 15 hr Scanner Boy 24
Fitchburg motorcycle cops Wed Andrew 41
discussing fitchburg now enabling people who th... Wed Andrew 22
Lynch's Council Campaign Wed Andrew 20
It's Hot!.........How will Lynch keep cool? Jun 20 Lynchburg Lemonade 2
Another Monday Gone. Jun 19 Captain Crunch 23
News Gardner homeless man charged with attempted mur... (Apr '09) Jun 17 6rounds 17

Fitchburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fitchburg Mortgages