Fitchburg police: Gang member shot at man who didn't pay for cr...

A member of the Latin Kings gang allegedly shot at an Orange man early Tuesday morning because he didn't pay for his crack cocaine, according to police. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Erin O

Farmington, CT

#1 Jul 16, 2008
I love it. "Colon responded by trying to wash his hands with his socks"... Probably the first time in weeks that his hands have been washed. Oh, but I'm sure he's innocent. They should have locked up the crack thief while they were at it.

If this case ever gets to court Mr. Crack Smoker will be intimidated into silence. If the Latin Kings will chase and shoot at you for nonpayment of crack, imagine what they'll do if you try to testify against them in a court of law.
Wake Up

Bedford, MA

#2 Jul 16, 2008
The FPD is in desperate need of a couple of Officers to track gang activity and investigations. It appears that the city is going back to the early 90"s when gangs roamed the streets. But at least back then, we had a couple of Officers that stopped that activity.
Bella

Hyde Park, MA

#3 Jul 16, 2008
I really hope that the city gets this under control....
the shootings and crime have hit an all time high since the early 90's
This effects our local economy and real estate
who will want to move to Fitchburg or open a new store here?
The Latin Kings should sell their crack somewhere else or better yet the DEA
needs to get here fast!!
Wong had better make sure she has a weekly briefing from the new chief
Emily

East Falmouth, MA

#4 Jul 16, 2008
SAD. Don't play if you can pay!

The user / victim should have been arrested to for admitting he was using it and the 2 females should also be brought up on charges for distribution and using too.

Also, shouldn't the female who called the gang members be brought up on charges for calling for this guy to get hurt?

What about the second female for conspiracy and using?

There was an awful lot of opportunty missed during this incident.

It will just happen again. Hope there were no kids in the house where they were smoking. If so, did anyone think to notify DSS?

Did anyone look outside the box?
the watchman

Maynard, MA

#5 Jul 16, 2008
Emily I agree 100% What IS going to happen to the others involved? And watch how fast they will be back on the street to laugh in the face of the system.
2 people were sitting front of my houseawhile back at 7:30 am smoking crack right out in broad daylight. I called police and they came and arrested them and picked up all the evidence they threw out into the street. A few weeks later I see the same persons name in the paper for being arrested for another charge. What is up with that?
jtn

Quincy, MA

#6 Jul 16, 2008
Isn't it fun anf fat in Fitchburg-My golly Crack
Emily

Saugus, MA

#8 Jul 16, 2008
Over crowded prisons is one of the reasons that drug dealers get away with it all.

It is hard for the state to convict everything due to lack of space. I think they all should be convicted and if there is no room in a Massachusetts prison, then they should be transferred out of state to a prison with room.

Then again, Mass taxpayers would have to pay for them wherever they end up, so who knows.

It is frightening to see so many get away with so much. Criminals laugh in the face of justice because we let them!
Erin O

Farmington, CT

#10 Jul 16, 2008
Dominican Papi wrote:
Colon is going to get a nice colon cleansing at Worcester County Jail from a big black guy. Loser!!!
I hope so!
CRAIG FROM WESTMINSTER

Brookline, MA

#11 Jul 16, 2008
all i can think about is will Farrel from Talladega nights. being a "nice crack dealer" "you guys want some crack?" but seriously, crack is whack. fpd and the dea need to completely take the focus off pot and go for the crack and heroin problems persisting in Fitchburg.
getting funnier every day

Bronx, NY

#12 Jul 16, 2008
Emily wrote:
Over crowded prisons is one of the reasons that drug dealers get away with it all.
It is hard for the state to convict everything due to lack of space. I think they all should be convicted and if there is no room in a Massachusetts prison, then they should be transferred out of state to a prison with room.
Then again, Mass taxpayers would have to pay for them wherever they end up, so who knows.
It is frightening to see so many get away with so much. Criminals laugh in the face of justice because we let them!
DEPORT THEM !

Bronx, NY

#13 Jul 16, 2008
jtn wrote:
Isn't it fun anf fat in Fitchburg-My golly Crack
LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS .........OH GOLLY !!
Riverside Papi

Bolton, MA

#15 Jul 16, 2008
getting funnier every day wrote:
<quoted text>
DEPORT THEM !
Where? To Sing Sing? LOL!
dick

Jamaica Plain, MA

#16 Jul 16, 2008
That does it. I'm moving to Fitchburg!

Bronx, NY

#17 Jul 16, 2008
Riverside Papi wrote:
<quoted text>
Where? To Sing Sing? LOL!
that's ok buddy you laugh, because the mexican illegals are still running around and got caught by the feds at that.......with 380 pounds of cocaine. so you know what where, maybe in your backyard !

Bronx, NY

#18 Jul 16, 2008
dick wrote:
That does it. I'm moving to Fitchburg!
Now that's funny!! love your sense of humor; seriously.
the watchman

Maynard, MA

#19 Jul 16, 2008
you all think its bad now wait til obama gets elected. The whole of USA will never be the same.We already have a liberal governor who wants legal gun owners to pay outrageous fees to keep licenses, pardon criminals and now gays from all over can come here to marry. we are on a fast track to hell
jtn

Quincy, MA

#21 Jul 16, 2008
Lis and Obama belong in the same liberal piss hole-yuch Along with Deval Koombiya My Lord koombia
Concerned Citizen

Cambridge, MA

#22 Jul 16, 2008
Ahhh yes, the Latin Kings, I'm sure a gang of well adjusted Americans just helping out by performing community service. Wake up white people.
the watchman

Maynard, MA

#24 Jul 16, 2008
progressive it has absolutly nothing to do with race it has everything to do with moral values. By the way I am not white and i'm far from being a racist.
cousin ralph

Gloucester, MA

#25 Jul 16, 2008
The bloods are trying to take over the burg and the latin kings are starting to move in on lemon town. HOLD ON TO YOUR ASSES. IT IS GOING TO BE A LONG VIOLENT SUMMER AND FALL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lynch for mayor 2014 (Apr '12) 2 hr kev lynch 339
Fake charges against Lynch were DISMISSED 2 hr kev lynch 45
'Aging Minorities' photos on display in Fitchbu... Wed BillyBob 2
Where is Kevin Lynch? Wed kev lynch 13
Lynch request for court case to be brought forw... (Jul '13) Wed kev lynch 134
Fitchburg State University names new president Dec 16 Tammy 1
What ever happened to Rodgers Bros. pickled meat? (Feb '12) Dec 14 Tammy 23

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Dating
Find my Match