Wachusett Mountain accident leaves te...

Wachusett Mountain accident leaves teen brain-dead - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 31 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Jan 26, 2011, titled Wachusett Mountain accident leaves teen brain-dead - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

A 17-year-old Lowell High School senior was declared brain-dead this week as a result of injuries suffered in a snowboarding accident at Mount Wachusett a little over a week ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Condolences

Westford, MA

#1 Jan 26, 2011
My heartfelt prayers go out to this family. It is a wonderful thing your child has done by being an organ donor but I know that is only a small help.
Jebus

Boston, MA

#2 Jan 26, 2011
My condolences to the family and friends of this young man.
Leominster resident

Leominster, MA

#3 Jan 26, 2011
What a cold and callous headline! Shame on the reporter who wrote this article! Surely there must be a more sensitive way of declaring the man's injuries.... My sympathies to the family of this young man, as they struggle with the grief they must be experiencing.
Jim

Fitchburg, MA

#4 Jan 26, 2011
How horrible, condolences to the family
Brain Dead

Leominster, MA

#5 Jan 26, 2011
"Teen brain-dead" Your reporter, Robert Millis,
must be very happy his story was the headline for Jan 26th. Once again your paper has "broken a story". No regard for the family involved, but you broke the story. You must be quite impressed with yourselves. I would expect this from the National Inquirer, not a local Fitchburg newspaper.
Westminster resident

United States

#6 Jan 26, 2011
Just an fyi ... the reporter doesn't write the headlines ... blame it on the Editor!
Fitchburg

Central Falls, RI

#7 Jan 26, 2011
What a sad sorry. My condolences to the family of this wonderful teenager. Cherish those great memories you have and hold them in your hearts. <3 Thank you for the organ donation what a thoughtful thing to do. Saving lives is an honorable thing.
Wrote with love.
NPZ

Lebanon, NH

#8 Jan 26, 2011
Leominster resident wrote:
What a cold and callous headline! Shame on the reporter who wrote this article! Surely there must be a more sensitive way of declaring the man's injuries.... My sympathies to the family of this young man, as they struggle with the grief they must be experiencing.
Reporters don't write headlines. Editors do. We all share your grief and sadness. Spare us your self-righteous anger.
NPZ

Lebanon, NH

#9 Jan 26, 2011
Brain Dead wrote:
"Teen brain-dead" Your reporter, Robert Millis,
must be very happy his story was the headline for Jan 26th. Once again your paper has "broken a story". No regard for the family involved, but you broke the story. You must be quite impressed with yourselves. I would expect this from the National Inquirer, not a local Fitchburg newspaper.
If you would read before sputtering, the article came from the Lowell Sun, not the Sentinel.
snowdog

Hudson, MA

#10 Jan 26, 2011
Terrible story, my condolences go out to the family. Parents, if any of your children ski or board, please show them this article and remind them to know their limit, and ski in control at all times. I know I'll be showing this article to my son.
fitchburg

Windham, NH

#12 Jan 26, 2011
What a terrible shame and unfortunate accident. I am so sorry for the parents, siblings and friends of this wonderful young man.
BeenThere

Milford, MA

#13 Jan 26, 2011
Sounds like he was a great kid. My prayers are with his family and friends. What a great gift he and his family are giving others that can use his organs. God Bless
An Observer

AOL

#14 Jan 26, 2011
It is very sad that this had to happen. As a parent I don't know what I would do if something happened to one of my children. The only positive coming out of this is, if it happened at least he was doing something constructive and legal. He wasn't breaking any laws to get a thrill. It is sad when a kid dies because he was being a kid.
INS

Fitchburg, MA

#15 Jan 26, 2011
I pray for you my fellow snowboarder as I know you're love for the fresh air rushing in you're face as you criuse on down the snowy slopes.God bless you and may you rest in peace.
Fred

Westminster, MA

#16 Jan 26, 2011
I know it wasn't mentioned in the story,and not to make assumptions, but I just want to remind everyone that helmets save lives. Wear them, and make your kids wear them too. My condolences to the family; what a terrible thing.
Why

Leominster, MA

#17 Jan 26, 2011
Why can't we go back to the good old day's when Kennedy's would crash into trees playing ski football?
Lunenburg

Hudson, MA

#18 Jan 27, 2011
I think that local ski areas need to rethink giving snow-boarders free reign. My wife and her Father went skiing last week at Wachusett during a school day and both were hit by snowboarders from behind. My wife on a novice trail, the boarder tried to zip across the trail from the woods and my Father-in-law was just plain old rundown from behind. Both kids stated that they couldn't stop.
Westminster Dad

Gardner, MA

#19 Jan 27, 2011
Make helmets mandatory.
What

Westminster, MA

#20 Jan 27, 2011
Lunenburg wrote:
I think that local ski areas need to rethink giving snow-boarders free reign. My wife and her Father went skiing last week at Wachusett during a school day and both were hit by snowboarders from behind. My wife on a novice trail, the boarder tried to zip across the trail from the woods and my Father-in-law was just plain old rundown from behind. Both kids stated that they couldn't stop.
Right, cuz there are never skier collisions. They should ban kids and snowboards from the mt altogether. Then you can pay $150 a ticket and have the place to yourself.
The Insider

Harwich, MA

#21 Jan 27, 2011
NPZ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would read before sputtering, the article came from the Lowell Sun, not the Sentinel.
Actually the article from the family whom most likely was interviewed by a reporter since the newspaper cannot get any details of injuries or the status of a patient. This is covered under the HIPPA Privacy Law. If you don't want something in the paper don't talk to a reporter. There isn't a law that says what they can include and not include in a story. Everyone knows the newspaper only reports half of the story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shirley man seeks appeal of his 2010 murder con... 7 hr Vinnie 2
Poll Where is Kevin Lynch? (Nov '14) 19 hr BillyBob 77
News Police: Leominster man's dog acted threateningly Thu Mkleazott 3
Truce is respected Thu BillyBob 11
News Lapidus will make $235G as FSU head May 27 Jtn 4
Lynch Fest 2015 May 23 Civil Servant Sup... 15
Review: Fitchburg Tattoo Co (Apr '10) May 22 insider 29
More from around the web

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE