|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Psyche!

No it didn't but you know who does have a vast secret database of Gun Owners gathered and maintained without Gun Owner's consent?

THE NRA!!!!!!!!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhaha haahahhahahahahaahhaha, you suckers are again taken for a ride by your GOP and Right Wing extremist leaders!

Daddy Wayne told you the background check ledge had this is it, it didn't he was lying! He was also at the very same time, DOING WHAT HE GOT YOUR FEATHERS ALL IN AN UPROAR OVER!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahhhahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaahhaa

http://www.buzzfeed.com/stevefriess/how-the-n...
Ahahahahahahahah ah

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

WASHINGTON — The National Rifle Association has rallied gun owners — and raised tens of millions of dollars — campaigning against the threat of a national database of firearms or their owners.

But in fact, the sort of vast, secret database the NRA often warns of already exists, despite having been assembled largely without the knowledge or consent of gun owners. It is housed in the Virginia offices of the NRA itself. The country’s largest privately held database of current, former, and prospective gun owners is one of the powerful lobby’s secret weapons, expanding its influence well beyond its estimated 3 million members and bolstering its political supremacy.

That database has been built through years of acquiring gun permit registration lists from state and county offices, gathering names of new owners from the thousands of gun safety classes taught by NRA-certified instructors and by buying lists of attendees of gun shows, subscribers to gun magazines, and more, BuzzFeed has learned.

NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam declined to discuss the group’s name-gathering methods or what it does with its vast pool of data about millions of non-member gun owners. Asked what becomes of the class rosters for safety classes when instructors turn them in, he replied,“That’s not any of your business.”

“The NRA is not only able to understand people who their members are but also people who are not their members. The more data they have, the more it allows them to test different strategies and different messages on different people.”

“Part of the way they have gotten to a place where they are able to do what they do is through data,” Quinn said.“There is some irony.”

The vast size of the NRA’s database and its sophisticated methods of analyzing the public mood go a long way in explaining the organization’s enduring influence. Even in an age when opinion polls show gun control measures gaining in general popularity and when wealthy benefactors like New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg are spending millions to counter the NRA’s lobbying and advertising budgets, the NRA has built-in advantages.

The NRA won’t say how many names and what other personal information is in its database, but former NRA lobbyist Richard Feldman estimates they keep tabs on “tens of millions of people.”

“There’s nothing that prevents them from mailing those people,” said Feldman, who split with the NRA in the mid-1990s and now leads the Independent Firearm Owners Association, which brands itself as a less extreme gun rights group.“The more you know about people, the more targeted the message you can communicate with them, the more the message will resonate with them.”

Some data collection efforts are commonplace these days, such as buying information from data brokers on magazine subscriptions and the like.

But several observers said the NRA’s methods reflect a sophistication and ingenuity that is largely unrivaled. While the organization took great umbrage in December when a newspaper published the names and addresses of gun owners in two New York counties, the group for years has been gathering similar information via the same public records as a matter of course.

In Virginia, for instance, a North Carolina-based firm called Preferred Communications filed an inquiry with the Virginia State Police in July 2009 asking “on behalf of the National Rifle Association” as to whether the names of concealed carry permit holders could be purchased. The email was obtained by BuzzFeed through a Freedom of Information Act request.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahah, riot!
Ahahahahahahahah ah

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

“Can you please let me know if you offer 2008 and/or 2009 names?” wrote the representative, Michele Wood, who hung up on BuzzFeed when asked for comment.“Can you please let me know the address to send the check to and also whom to make it payable to?”

Iowa too provides another example. In December 2011, NRA lobbyist Christopher Rager wrote to Iowa Department of Public Safety legislative liaison Ross Loder from an official NRA email address.

“If the NRA wanted to collect data from DPS’ permit holder files, is there a specific process or any rules for us to acquire the records?” Rager wrote in an email also obtained via FOIA.“Can we pay to have the files copied or sent to us?”

Similarly, officials in Arkansas and Oregon also told BuzzFeed they had requests for such lists, and Gawker reported in February of NRA-related registry requests in Louisiana and Tennessee.

“We’ve been doing this since the old days,” Feldman said.“You could obtain from most states the listings of hunter licenses from the Department of Wildlife and Conservations. It was sort of amazing what we knew about people from that. There were early doe permit holders, black powder holders, so many different seasons. It was a lot of data.”

Complementing this practice is the mining of data on the thousands who take gun safety classes from NRA-certified instructors. Arulanandam said there are 97,000 of them, a figure that impressed Quinn as a larger “army of organizers” than Obama had.

In some states, those ranks are propelled by laws that specify that taking classes from NRA-certified instructors in order to obtain permits or licenses. In 2011, for instance, the Iowa legislature added such a provision.

“Previously there was no reference to the National Rifle Association in the Iowa code,” Loder said.“Before, it would have been a course offered by the local sheriff’s office.”

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahaa
Ahahahahahahahah ah

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Right, judge it but respond not!!!!!!!

Cause you're a sucker!!!!

Ahahahahashahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahah ahahahahahahaa
Confused

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Ahahahahahahahahah wrote:
“Can you please let me know if you offer 2008 and/or 2009 names?” wrote the representative, Michele Wood, who hung up on BuzzFeed when asked for comment.“Can you please let me know the address to send the check to and also whom to make it payable to?”
Iowa too provides another example. In December 2011, NRA lobbyist Christopher Rager wrote to Iowa Department of Public Safety legislative liaison Ross Loder from an official NRA email address.
“If the NRA wanted to collect data from DPS’ permit holder files, is there a specific process or any rules for us to acquire the records?” Rager wrote in an email also obtained via FOIA.“Can we pay to have the files copied or sent to us?”
Similarly, officials in Arkansas and Oregon also told BuzzFeed they had requests for such lists, and Gawker reported in February of NRA-related registry requests in Louisiana and Tennessee.
“We’ve been doing this since the old days,” Feldman said.“You could obtain from most states the listings of hunter licenses from the Department of Wildlife and Conservations. It was sort of amazing what we knew about people from that. There were early doe permit holders, black powder holders, so many different seasons. It was a lot of data.”
Complementing this practice is the mining of data on the thousands who take gun safety classes from NRA-certified instructors. Arulanandam said there are 97,000 of them, a figure that impressed Quinn as a larger “army of organizers” than Obama had.
In some states, those ranks are propelled by laws that specify that taking classes from NRA-certified instructors in order to obtain permits or licenses. In 2011, for instance, the Iowa legislature added such a provision.
“Previously there was no reference to the National Rifle Association in the Iowa code,” Loder said.“Before, it would have been a course offered by the local sheriff’s office.”
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahaa
Does anyone know what you are talking about? NO! Does anyone care about gun laws in Iowa and Arkansas? NO! What's your next brilliant post? Maybe something about fishing licenses in Oklahoma or the lack of snow shovels in the deserts of Nevada? Get a clue.
heaven forbid

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Confused wrote:
<quoted text>Does anyone know what you are talking about? NO! Does anyone care about gun laws in Iowa and Arkansas? NO! What's your next brilliant post? Maybe something about fishing licenses in Oklahoma or the lack of snow shovels in the deserts of Nevada? Get a clue.
Wow, you have no problem stating your inability to understand anything at all!! Here's a clue for you

The NRA IS NATIONAL dumbfk!

And you Republicans DO HAVE A BIG RUFFLED FEATHER PROBLEM BASED ON LIES! But you couldn't care less about the truth which is the exact opposite of what you cry about!!!!

I'm about done with your incessent idiocracy!
heaven forbid

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Oh I forgot

Ahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaahahahahahahahahahahaahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaahahahahahahahahhaha hahahahahahahahahaha, I just think it is a riot that you all get ruffled up based on lies given to you by the very same people that track and keep vast secret databases of your information!

Ahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah ahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahah ahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha idiots!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Confused wrote:
<quoted text>Does anyone know what you are talking about? NO! Does anyone care about gun laws in Iowa and Arkansas? NO! What's your next brilliant post? Maybe something about fishing licenses in Oklahoma or the lack of snow shovels in the deserts of Nevada? Get a clue.
This is because liberalism is totally based on emotion. Nothing more. As to my Second Amendment rights? Sorry, they are not up for a emotional debate.

I had a liberal once tell me that "if someone steals your gun then you, as the owner, should be held liable for any deaths". My response was, so if someone steals your car and kills someone you should be held liable?

That was the end of the discussion...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Here's how Democrats are scheming to persuade low information voters that your Second-Amendment rights are bad.

Democratic anti-gun 'guide' urged using Trayvon Martin's death to hit NRA, guns..

Newly uncovered Democratic anti-NRA talking points urge anti-gun advocates and politicians to hype high-profile gun incidents like the Florida slaying of Trayvon Martin to win support for new gun control laws.

In talking points likely followed by top Democratic leaders including President Obama after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings in December, the anti-gun "guide" urged gun foes to speak out when a shooting "creates a unique climate" to shout down the National Rifle Association.

"The most powerful time to communicate is when concern and emotions are running at their peak," said the 80-page document titled "Preventing Gun Violence Through Effective Messaging," and produced by three Democratic firms led by the polling and research outfit Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research.

The guide was produced in 2012, before the Sandy Hook shootings. According to a report posted on NRA News from Examiner.com , not connected to the Washington Examiner, it was developed to help anti-gun advocates in Washington State's effort to control gun purchases, though it clearly has national overtones and uses, especially as groups like Mayors Against Illegal Guns -- a Greenberg Quinlan Rosner client -- expand their fight for gun control.

The guide spells out how to talk about gun control and when to press the issue, the best time being in the wake of a publicized shooting. For example, it calls on gun control advocates to speak out, "don't wait" for the facts, after a shooting like Martin's heightens awareness of the issue.

"The debate over gun violence in America is periodically punctuated by high-profile gun violence incidents including Columbine, Virginia Tech, Tucson, the Trayvon Martin killing, Aurora, and Oak Creek. When an incident such as these attracts sustained media attention, it creates a unique climate for our communications efforts," said the guide.

"A high-profile gun violence incident temporarily draws more people into the conversation about gun violence," added the talking points. "We should rely on emotionally powerful language, feelings and images to bring home the terrible impact of gun violence," said the guide, which also urged advocates use images of scary looking guns and shooting scenes to make their point.
More here;
http://washingtonexaminer.com/democratic-anti...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

The "Gun Grabbers" Manuel can be viewed here.
http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/748675/...
Notice they urge caution when going after the NRA: "How to discuss the NRA is another example. It's critical to know that our base supporters are very critical of the NRA's role in enabling gun violence. But, most general audiences view the NRA as a mainstream organization."
In other words, "The NRA enables gun violence"?
heaven forbid

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Nobody said one word about taking the second amendment away, that's a made up talking point fead to you by the same people tracking you with a massive, secret, database of Gun owners, you know, the very thing they told you to be afraid of, and also LIED and told you was in the legislation.

Ahahhahahahahahahahahahahah, SUCKER!!!!!!
Droopyballs

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

So where is Obama commenting on this? This could be his own kid? I don't see him stating that when a white kid gets killed.

How come all the minority equal rights groups and leaders are not commenting on their own?

Hmmmmmmm, same type of situation but they view it as different?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/teenagers-a...
heaven forbid

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Droopyballs wrote:
So where is Obama commenting on this? This could be his own kid? I don't see him stating that when a white kid gets killed.
How come all the minority equal rights groups and leaders are not commenting on their own?
I see one very common denominator, do you?

GUNS in the wrong hands!

I can't apeak for all those people you mention but I can say, it's less than a day old story.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

heaven forbid wrote:
Nobody said one word about taking the second amendment away, that's a made up talking point fead to you by the same people tracking you with a massive, secret, database of Gun owners, you know, the very thing they told you to be afraid of, and also LIED and told you was in the legislation.
Ahahhahahahahahahahahahahah, SUCKER!!!!!!
Nobody said one word about taking the first amendment away, that's a made up talking point fed to you by the same people tracking you with a massive, secret, database of cellphone and internet use, you know, the very thing they told you not to be afraid of, and also LIED telling you it's for your own good.
Doofy

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

heaven forbid wrote:
<quoted text>
I see one very common denominator, do you?
GUNS in the wrong hands!
I can't apeak for all those people you mention but I can say, it's less than a day old story.
Good point. Guns in the wrong hands. Do you honestly think a criminal with a gun who is about to commit a crime is thinking 'Hmmmm I hope my NRA subscription is up to date!'????

Consider guns as a hobby. Some people like to go to a basketball court and shoot hoops, others like to go to a firing range and shoot targets. You like to go online and shoot your mouth off. In the end it's none of my business. To each their own.
Ahhhahaahahahaha ha

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Droopyballs wrote:
How's this
You and Fox Snews have been desperately seeking the opposite killing than the Trayvon shooting so you can throw it in Obama's face, the problem with this one you spoke too soon on, their next victim was a black person, you're easily lead and stupid!!!!!
Ahhhahaahahahaha ha

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Doofy wrote:
<quoted text>Good point. Guns in the wrong hands. Do you honestly think a criminal with a gun who is about to commit a crime is thinking 'Hmmmm I hope my NRA subscription is up to date!'????
Consider guns as a hobby. Some people like to go to a basketball court and shoot hoops, others like to go to a firing range and shoot targets. You like to go online and shoot your mouth off. In the end it's none of my business. To each their own.
You're an idot Hmmmmmm, confused, Doofy, dipsh*t, do you really think I don't know it's you!!!
Right on

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

It would seem certain people abuse A's and H's on their keyboard. Here is an idea ... get a job.
Jtn

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Extra,extra read all about it, secret investigation going on about April fools day prank at Simplex, Renee had too much to drink with jay,Chris,Jo,Jess,robin,Diane ,Cathy,frank,bob,Harry, and tonto. Love LA
ahahahahahahahah aahahahaa

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Right on wrote:
It would seem certain people abuse A's and H's on their keyboard. Here is an idea ... get a job.
Said the one who admittedly, doesn't have a job!

Same as the subject of the thread, cry whine claim Obama is created a vast, massive, secret database of Gun owners, meanwhile, it's the opposite, your NRA daddy Wayne is the one keeping that exact thing without consent.

The backwards world of today's GOP and their blind followers!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of52
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Fitchburg Forum right now

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Border line ttruth 6 hr ken 1
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) 7 hr Wared Out 1,146
Will Jtn ever post an Intelligent comment in th... 18 hr The True Story 27
Solicitor: FSU bid to convert arena no good 20 hr Karen 2
Gravestones found toppled at Fitchburg cemetery 20 hr Karen 9
Union chief: Morale remains low at DCF Sat Pajama People 39
I'll be off topix for a month Fri karen 3
•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••