of 2
Next Last
Lynch for city council

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Nov 2, 2013
Fitchburg Council endorsements

Sentinel & Enterprise
Posted: 11/02/2013 06:36:17 AM EDT

Although Fitchburg does not have a contested mayoral race this year, that's no reason for registered voters to skip Tuesday's election.

Voters across the city will choose among eight candidates for the five at-large seats on the City Council. They will also choose ward councilors, and there are contested races in Wards 1 to 4.

The job of city councilor is important. As the legislative body in the city, the City Council provides checks and balances to the executive branch -- the mayor -- and approves the city budget and tax rate, as well as city ordinances.

For the at-large seats, we endorse incumbents Jeffrey Bean, Marcus DiNatale, Stephan Hay and Dean Tran, and challenger David Clark. Bean is a former mayor and experienced public servant who knows how government can get things done. DiNatale and Tran always are on the lookout for wasteful spending. And Hay is a strong advocate of long-term planning and for leveraging the resources of, and improving ties with, Fitchburg State University. Clark, currently Ward 1 councilor, is keeping his promise he would serve only four terms in that position but is seeking an at-large seat because he believes his work on the council is not done. Clark is strong on constituent services.

The ward councilor races have drawn several newcomers, and we applaud them for being willing to step forward. We endorse the following candidates:

* In Ward 1, which features political newcomers Amy Green and Kelly Johnson, we give the edge to Green, a small-business owner who will focus on making the city cleaner and improving public safety.

* In Ward 2, we support Patrick O'Halloran, whose opponent is political newcomer Paul Beauchemin. This is O'Halloran's second run for the seat, after being defeated by incumbent Norman Boisvert, who decided not to run this year. O'Halloran has seen little improvement in the city's problems from his first bid, so he is running again. He will not be a rubber stamp on the council.

* In Ward 3, we believe incumbent Councilor Joel Kaddy should be returned to office. A former police officer, Kaddy works arduously in both his official position and as a volunteer to improve Fitchburg. We hope his opponent, newcomer Neisha Boulanger, remains engaged in public service even if she is not elected. Fitchburg needs more young residents like Boulanger, who represent the next generation of city leaders.

* Speaking of a new generation of leaders, in Ward 4 we support the candidacy of Michael Kushmerek over his well-spoken challenger, Tricia Park. Kushmerek believes, as we do, that Fitchburg must redefine itself in the post-industrial era, and that includes promoting the creative economy along with the high-tech manufacturing curricula that are evolving at Fitchburg State, his employer, and Mount Wachusett Community College.

One final note on this election, although there are five names on the ballot for the three four-year seats on the School Committee, two candidates, Patrick McNamara and Suzanne Longey, withdrew from the race too late to take their names off the ballot. They do not wish to serve in the position.

We hope all registered Fitchburg voters take the time to vote in Tuesday's election.

Read more: http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/editoria...
Lynch for city council

Fitchburg, MA

#2 Nov 2, 2013
I would have to say that the Sentinel once again has this one wrong.

I disagree not because they didn't pick my name but for all their other endorsements.

Hopefully the voters choose Kevin Lynch as I would be the best city councilor at large amoung these candidates. Fitchburg voters can then pick four others who they believe will stand up for the citizens of Fitchburg.

Unfortunately there are not many challengers so if Fitchburg chooses the wrong way then they will not see any change.

I think the Sentinels picks are unprofessional and without merit.

I like all candidates on a personal level but certain ones will be champions as city councilors.

Ward one is a tough choice as both women are very good. I agree the Amy is more pro business. Kelley Johnson is very proactive and would a great city councilor. I like both these candidates as both would serve the ward very well.

Ward two I would choose Patrick O'Halloran as a lot what he proposes I agree with the most. But Mr. Beauchemin is also a strong voice that needs to be heard.

Ward three. The voters would have to be crazy not to vote in Neisha Boulanger. She is also very involved volunteering within the city , she is passionate and very smart.

Ward four pick for me is Tricia Park. Tricia is passionate, energetic, has pride in Fitchburg and is honest.Mr Michael Kushmerek is a gentleman and well spoken but it is hands down Tricia Park when it comes to honesty and pride concerning city affairs and her Ward.

Concerning city councilor at large seats, I respect them all as I feel that they are all good people. But if you want to see real proactive change then you vote Kevin Lynch for all five!

I would not endorse any group of four to join me as I believe that all remaining candidates are the same and any four added with Kevin Lynch would make for a better and stronger city council.

This city as Dean Tran stated today is on the verge of receivership! This is not a joke as the numbers do not work out for Fitchburg do to years of the rubber stamping and zero bold moves.

I disagree with Dean Trans stance on telling the 6 brain injured, wheelchair bound women to find another city in which to live. They can move into any of the over 1,300 vacant homes within Fitchburg.

Other than that issue I would support Dean Tran.Marcus Dinatale is the closest to my way of thinking but I am more pro businesses. We need to make bold moves and run Fitchburg like a business.

Rosemary Reynolds is a good person. She stands for the citizens of Fitchburgs interest. The others to me are all the exact same with very little differences.

Yes Mr. Bean has the backing concerning votes as he was Mayor and city councilor before. To be honest, he was Mayor and in the city council when they voted against the water and sewer separation, he was in the Mayors office and City council when they shelved massive pension debt. He was in office when Fitchburg experienced the highest crime rate along with the highest number of police officers.

If this city continues to vote for the same candidates then we will be in receivership.

Yes, Mr. Bean is well versed but the Sentinel stating that he has the experience left out the fact that all the shelved debt and unaddressed issues came from the Bean administration.
Lynch for city council

Fitchburg, MA

#3 Nov 2, 2013
The Sentinel and Enterprise should stay out of elections.After all what has this paper done in the past in reference to holding our city government responsible?
I respect the reporting of some of the writers but the editor is too involved with city politicians and always supports and protects his favorites.

Tricia Park is a good choice, as I stated the gentleman running against her is well educated and well spoken but right now we need passion, honesty and bold moves.Tricia Park has the experience of life, she has been a resident of her Ward and works as a postal woman in that Ward. She understands its makeup and the issues first hand.

Neisha Boulanger should be elected over Joel Kaddy.Joel loves Fitchburg which I believe but it is time for a change.Neisha has the passion and resolve to bring about change.

Kelly Johnson and Amy Green are evenly matched in my mind as I like both women very much.Both women will be proactive.We need their energy and resolve.

Mr.O Halloran and Mr.Beauchemin are both energetic. Both want change so either one would be great councilors. I have a lot of the same positions as O'Halloran but Mr.Beauchemin I believe is very proud and motivated for a better and safer Fitchburg. This is a toss up in my mind. Both are energetic and want change! We need this energy and the want for change.

I cannot disagree more over the Sentinels endorsements of city councilors at large.I think Rosemary Reynolds is proactive for the citizens interests over the others. She may not speak as professional as say Mr. Hay but she has more wisdom and fortitude.

Mr.Clark is a very good man and he loves Fitchburg.I think we need people with more of a vision into our future.

Our city is close to receivership and we better pay attention.The Sentinels lack of vision and honesty is self destructing for Fitchburgs future. We need to be honest with our citizens.

The questions they asked are non starters which means they do not want to see change and their endorsements back this up.

It is frustrating. We need change. We need a change of direction.For the Sentinel to endorse the same old that got us to this point is irresponsible.

Mr. Bean is a professional politician. We need to move away from this sort of vision as it doesn't work. Yes he knows all the lingo but what has that gotten this city but for more debt, higher crime and busineses on the verge of moving again.

We need to be bold. Apply for the big grants not just the small grants. Fitchburg fits the need for grants like a glove. We need massive infrastructure grants.

Yes, the hotel/water park is promising but lets not forget the previous owners failures. Then we have the Brown school as a possible location for art students and young struggling artist. It is good to fill this vacant school but we all know that there is no profit here to be made. I fully support this endeavor.

We need to move quicker on closing these deals. No matter who we hire at this economic development position we are going to need to make the tools available for them to succeed.

I like this idea but when you think further into it, as the Mayor told us tonight that she will train this economic developer position.

Mayor Wong was elected as an economic developer professional. She admits to going to have to train this person. I say we shelve this position until we have the tools ready available for success. Lower the taxes for businesses and residents. Market our schools successes to potential new family residents. We have over 1,300 vacant homes, we need to fill these homes and begin to collect the potential 4 Million more dollars in revenue.

We need to get serious about the running and management of our city! The same ole same ole will not be any different.

As Dean Tran stated, this is the same council who constantly raised the property taxes 2.5% every year. This is them, the EXACT 5 that the Sentinel endorsed!

Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#4 Nov 2, 2013
Lynch, who are you to say who we should vote for?

Do you really think we are going to listen to you?

Think about it.
Haha

Fitchburg, MA

#5 Nov 2, 2013
Lynch. Everyone on Topix thinks you're an idiot. First, nobody here is going to vote for you. Second, any endorsement from you is a black eye for that candidate. Did you read the write up the S&E dig on you the other day? The closed with your arrest in 1992 for killing Andrew. That's the very last impression voters were left with when they read your bio.
Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#6 Nov 3, 2013
WTF Lynch? Occupation: Carpenter

Lynch really? Get control of that ADHD and concentrate on the question.

Now you will have the Sentinel print a retraction right?

It was a simple question that is answered in PRESENT time.

It is not about your past work history.

If you do not have the reading skills to answer a simple and straight forward question then how do you expect to be a Councilor or a Mayor?

I understand you are doing this because of your low self-esteem and trying to prove to your family that you are not a worthless ex-felon but you are giving Fitchburg a bad image that we do not have qualified people to be come councilors.

I have several people that have approached me and stated is Fitchburg that bad that you can only get ex-felons to run for office?

When this is over I am glad we will not have to listen to you on Topix again.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#7 Nov 3, 2013
Working Stiff wrote:
WTF Lynch? Occupation: Carpenter
Lynch really? Get control of that ADHD and concentrate on the question.
Now you will have the Sentinel print a retraction right?
It was a simple question that is answered in PRESENT time.
It is not about your past work history.
If you do not have the reading skills to answer a simple and straight forward question then how do you expect to be a Councilor or a Mayor?
I understand you are doing this because of your low self-esteem and trying to prove to your family that you are not a worthless ex-felon but you are giving Fitchburg a bad image that we do not have qualified people to be come councilors.
I have several people that have approached me and stated is Fitchburg that bad that you can only get ex-felons to run for office?
When this is over I am glad we will not have to listen to you on Topix again.
What was your answer to these people? "I have several people that have approached me and stated is Fitchburg that bad that you can only get ex-felons to run for office?"

It is a fair question and I ask the same thing?

This is your comment. "I understand you are doing this because of your low self-esteem and trying to prove to your family that you are not a worthless ex-felon but you are giving Fitchburg a bad image that we do not have qualified people to be come councilors.
"

I never stated that Fitchburg doesn't have qualified citizens. The majority of Fitchburg is way beyond frustrated and that shows through 5% voter turnouts. People have given up hope which is a main ingredient in building a community!

This is why I ran. Our community has lost hope. I have stated it 1 thousand times, all the citizens see and read the papers. They see allowed mis conduct of our city government and employees.

Everyone states, "why vote as nothing will change". Everyone in Fitchburg knows about the GOBN as it is no secret. Do you really believe that no other citizens sees the illegal parking and the total ignoring of the laws by city employees?

People do not come forward because they do not want to go through what I went through unjustly. Our citizens fear government corruption!!!!

You think this is OK? This is how the mob conducts business through fear!
Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#8 Nov 3, 2013
Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
What was your answer to these people? "I have several people that have approached me and stated is Fitchburg that bad that you can only get ex-felons to run for office?"
This is your comment. "I understand you are doing this because of your low self-esteem and trying to prove to your family that you are not a worthless ex-felon but you are giving Fitchburg a bad image that we do not have qualified people to be come councilors.
"
I never stated that Fitchburg doesn't have qualified citizens. The majority of Fitchburg is way beyond frustrated and that shows through 5% voter turnouts. People have given up hope which is a main ingredient in building a community!
This is why I ran. Our community has lost hope. I have stated it 1 thousand times, all the citizens see and read the papers. They see allowed mis conduct of our city government and employees.
Everyone states, "why vote as nothing will change". Everyone in Fitchburg knows about the GOBN as it is no secret. Do you really believe that no other citizens sees the illegal parking and the total ignoring of the laws by city employees?
People do not come forward because they do not want to go through what I went through unjustly. Our citizens fear government corruption!!!!
This is about you dumbass and not what happened to you in the past.

Why did you say you are now presently employed as a Carpenter?

It is suppose to say "Unemployed"?

Stop answering questions with a question?

Stop stating about your so called unjustly incidents.

Stop avoiding answering the question.

Why didn't you say you are unemployed?
Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#9 Nov 3, 2013
Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
"
I never stated YOU stated that Fitchburg does not have qualified people to run for Council or Mayor.

I stated you are giving an IMAGE that Fitchburg does not have qualified people because of your CRIMINAL history alone. It is not what you say but what you portray !

People do not come forward about illegal parking because they HAVE A LIFE ! They know to leave that to the authorities to take care of! They know it is not their job!

How come you never reported any other illegal parking at other establishments if you are so hung up having something done?

You know why?

Because you have this obsession and impulsive behavior that you cannot control because law enforcement put you in prison and you want revenge.

You established a motive targeted at a cop and singled out the cop's bar because you felt that cop was getting special privileges.

How come you did not target and report any other establishment with illegal parking before that?

Even if you are innocent of your felony conviction, you got f*cked and you have to let it go already !

But you won't and you will be arrested for another impulsive uncontrollable action most likely against a public safety employee.

How come you do not report illegal parking now?
Newspaper Lie

Fitchburg, MA

#10 Nov 3, 2013
Hey councilor never to be elected Lynch, how about the illegal parking every single week by patrons of the bar in the upper common, why haven't you addressed this issue

Elected City Officials drink there all the time they park everywhere, no respect for any rules why don't you do something, You promised you would and you never ever did anything, you lost my vote.

You are a very big disappointment
The truth

Leominster, MA

#11 Nov 3, 2013
I think some of you should just step off.

If any of you took the time you would have read that Lynch is a carpenter who builds 4 million dollar houses.

He's a humanitarian/author/movie producer/business consultant/FBI agent/parking authority/entrepraneur/city candidate/astronaught/secret agent/good listener who can do anybodys job better than they do it.

You are all just jealous of his great accomplishments.

You are jealous because how many of you could go and knock on your moms bedroom door and say "Mom my name is in the paper again." and get a response like "Son what did you go to jail for this time?".
The truth

Leominster, MA

#12 Nov 3, 2013
I have no sympathy for you and your mental illness Lynch because you don't care about the negative effects you have on people around you.

You cry about the effects both financial and mental that this GOBN has had on you and your family in there actions against you.

WHAAA WHAAA WHAAAA they are all out to get me WHAAA ME ME ME ME!

Be a man and accept responsability for your actions. You bring the hardship upon the people around you.

We all know Gomez has been trying to escape from the basement you have him locked in and your abused dogs don't even like you and bark back and forth "woof woof" translation = If we only had thumbs we could unlock the basement door and make a run for the campus police station.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#13 Nov 3, 2013
Working Stiff wrote:
<quoted text>
I never stated YOU stated that Fitchburg does not have qualified people to run for Council or Mayor.
I stated you are giving an IMAGE that Fitchburg does not have qualified people because of your CRIMINAL history alone. It is not what you say but what you portray !
People do not come forward about illegal parking because they HAVE A LIFE ! They know to leave that to the authorities to take care of! They know it is not their job!
How come you never reported any other illegal parking at other establishments if you are so hung up having something done?
You know why?
Because you have this obsession and impulsive behavior that you cannot control because law enforcement put you in prison and you want revenge.
You established a motive targeted at a cop and singled out the cop's bar because you felt that cop was getting special privileges.
How come you did not target and report any other establishment with illegal parking before that?
Even if you are innocent of your felony conviction, you got f*cked and you have to let it go already !
But you won't and you will be arrested for another impulsive uncontrollable action most likely against a public safety employee.
How come you do not report illegal parking now?
Law enforcement never put me in prison, I put myself in prison.

You think you have it all solved and in fact you have ZERO answers. It began with a constant display of arrogance. The clear message to the citizens of Fitchburg was there is a law for you and that law we do not need to follow.

And since I have reported illegal parking at JRs and at the FFD which is a fact; just ask!

Don't tell me that BS; Fitchburg had the image of the question who is the most corrupt? The criminal element or the police in which the consensus has constantly been the police.

I didn't state this statement!!! Get out more often or stop BSing. You are so full of shit I can smell you in my house through the computer.

If you knew anything many of our presidents and congressmen had criminal records. I had a fist fight get over it! You think you can label me? You are out of your mind.

During my time in prison morons like you took things over and passed some Weld laws that have only destroyed all communities. Keep running with your dumb logic and watch your savings be eliminated through bankruptcy.

By the time you idiots are done running us into the ground the dollar will be worthless.

Good job!!! Your buddies in the Fitchburg council and Mayors office have done such a great job!!! They are so simple that they are in cloud nine over saving 5 Million over six years. In order to that they sank the economics within Fitchburg to its lowest position ever!
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#14 Nov 3, 2013
Matter of fact, tell me what the Sentinels five is going to do that they all haven't had the chance to do over the last 10-15 yrs????????

Are they going to change logic??? What are they going to do? If I am not elected to this city council I will move out because it makes financial sense to get the fuck out.

I will open two businesses in the next two yrs. At this point I wouldn't attempt to open in Fitchburg.

So what is the Mayor and city council proposing?? Anything different???

At this time I wouldn't open up a business in Leominster neither because their business is so vast as I would have to examine if there is any room left in that certain market.

I would and probably will move to Leominster as Fitchburg is drowning quick. The 5 Million is not solid and by building this 5 Million in the fashion it was done is like building a home on quick sand.

I could run circles around the Mayor concerning profitable businesses. The Mayor has no vision as she worries about her personal resume.

It is going to cost us 10 Million in repairs to catch up to the 5 Million saved. Figure that one out!

If the voters vote in any past city councilor it is a mistake. Why bother voting at all if you keep voting in the same dysfunction?

These city councilors have been in there for awhile and have done nothing but build a house on quick sand.

Leominster built there house on a granite foundation. The Mayor took a -2 million dollar savings and turned it into 23 Million. He did this on a $17 per thousand single tax rate. Most of the business owners in Leominster also live in Leominster. Business owners of Fitchburg for the most part live in Leominster.

These councilors have created a mess!!! Mr. Bean talks a good game with all this legalese and government lingo BS. But lets be honest, what has he accomplished as Mayor? As city councilor? Debt, Debt and more debt; and oh ya higher tax rates for businesses? Great job!!!!

I would cast my vote for the homeless before most of these sitting city councilors. I think Marcus Dinatale will be good for cuts but he is a safe player as he will not take bold business moves; he too is looking to build a resume. Dean Tran can be swayed into voting for lower taxes and bold business moves. The others are tough sells as they will continue to look for more social service monies for Fitchburgs budget.

At this rate, you can sit in Fitchburg for 20 yrs and never better yourself as a community, it will always be a struggle.

This is why we had 5% turnout,people are tired of the same ole BS as they have been stuck in the mud for the entire time that Bean began his first day as Mayor and it is the same now just more debt and higher taxes and less businesses to share the burden.

Great job. I would have more respect for the citizens who didn't vote for me that also leave a blank ballot besides the ward races!

And after thinking further I would also choose the other guy over OHalleoran. I haven't heard the other guys stances but he is passionate and a non bullshiter.
We Have the RIGHT to know

Gardner, MA

#15 Nov 4, 2013
Lynch wrote:
Matter of fact, tell me what the Sentinels five is going to do that they all haven't had the chance to do over the last 10-15 yrs????????
Are they going to change logic??? What are they going to do? If I am not elected to this city council I will move out because it makes financial sense to get the fuck out.
I will open two businesses in the next two yrs. At this point I wouldn't attempt to open in Fitchburg.
So what is the Mayor and city council proposing?? Anything different???
At this time I wouldn't open up a business in Leominster neither because their business is so vast as I would have to examine if there is any room left in that certain market.
I would and probably will move to Leominster as Fitchburg is drowning quick. The 5 Million is not solid and by building this 5 Million in the fashion it was done is like building a home on quick sand.
I could run circles around the Mayor concerning profitable businesses. The Mayor has no vision as she worries about her personal resume.
It is going to cost us 10 Million in repairs to catch up to the 5 Million saved. Figure that one out!
If the voters vote in any past city councilor it is a mistake. Why bother voting at all if you keep voting in the same dysfunction?
These city councilors have been in there for awhile and have done nothing but build a house on quick sand.
Leominster built there house on a granite foundation. The Mayor took a -2 million dollar savings and turned it into 23 Million. He did this on a $17 per thousand single tax rate. Most of the business owners in Leominster also live in Leominster. Business owners of Fitchburg for the most part live in Leominster.
These councilors have created a mess!!! Mr. Bean talks a good game with all this legalese and government lingo BS. But lets be honest, what has he accomplished as Mayor? As city councilor? Debt, Debt and more debt; and oh ya higher tax rates for businesses? Great job!!!!
I would cast my vote for the homeless before most of these sitting city councilors. I think Marcus Dinatale will be good for cuts but he is a safe player as he will not take bold business moves; he too is looking to build a resume. Dean Tran can be swayed into voting for lower taxes and bold business moves. The others are tough sells as they will continue to look for more social service monies for Fitchburgs budget.
At this rate, you can sit in Fitchburg for 20 yrs and never better yourself as a community, it will always be a struggle.
This is why we had 5% turnout,people are tired of the same ole BS as they have been stuck in the mud for the entire time that Bean began his first day as Mayor and it is the same now just more debt and higher taxes and less businesses to share the burden.
Great job. I would have more respect for the citizens who didn't vote for me that also leave a blank ballot besides the ward races!
And after thinking further I would also choose the other guy over OHalleoran. I haven't heard the other guys stances but he is passionate and a non bullshiter.
Giving some one a upper cut will only break the jaw not his face. Like I said you and your brother had him on the ground and hit him square in the face that's how you broke his face.

Did you not tell me he was a leg breaker?? The golf clubs came from your house, They were holding open the front door and when the fight started out side every one was grabbing one on the way out. So your side of the fight brought the weapons.

How come there were only three of them and about 25 of you on your side and you need the grab golf club we you that scared of the leg breakers as you your self have called them

Remember the time in the car throwing apples at people as we went by

Yes you know me come on your not that stupid to find it out
Firefighter

Fitchburg, MA

#16 Nov 4, 2013
24 hours to your knock out prediction maybe 50 votes if you have Lady Luck on your side

You will never move to leominster we would eat you alive, the cops here would not stand for your bs our cities police chief would send your dumb ass packing back to the big house

No balls to open any business never mind one in blue devil city, you are a loser.
Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#17 Nov 4, 2013
Hey dumbshit, first the State Auditors instructed us to have money in the bank since every other city does but us.

$5 million is still low we actually need close to $40 million so you haven't seen anything yet. The State informed our city that 50% or more of the STATE AID that we recive now will becoming to an end in 10 years so start preparing now by having money in the bank.

The STATE is weaning communities off STATE AID because the State cannot afford it any longer.
Actually the State and Feds should do that with welfare and inform the welfare people that it will becoming to an end in 10 years so plan accordingly.

Our past leaders from decades ago should have started and kept contributing to the savings account but they never did. We would have that $40 million in the bank now.

$100 million dollar annual budget and not having no money in the bank is a foolish move.
Second that $5 million dollars helps improve our credit rating.

Obviously you have never taken out a loan or else you would know this. For a city this called the "bond rating". It helps us take out loans for new buildings and equipment when needed.

Do you think the High School and Fire Station was an automatic loan to the city. No, the lenders had to check our "bond rating" first and then the interest on the loan was adjusted accordingly.

The more money in the bank the less interest we have to pay on loans because our "bond rating" improves. The money in the bank pays for itself and will actually pay for the loans over a period of time because of the interest saved.

That $5 million in the bank saves us $300,000 a year from a higher interest rate on loans if it wasn't there. It will pay for itself.

Do you realize that it is all about the credit rating for a city? A credit rating (bond rating) is the most important item that a city can have.

The city of Savannah lost $4.4 million in revenue BUT because they did not draw on the reserve savings they will save $1.4 million over six years and they received a credit rating UPGRADE !

http://savannahnow.com/news/2013-11-04/city-e...

This shows the creditors they have DISCLIPINE NOT to give into temptation to pay for items that the community can get by without. This also demonstrates strong leadership.

All you talk about is cuts? Why? People will always complain about taxes even if they pay 1% so it doesn't matter. Do you know the magic number that people that will make people stop complaining?

I have an idea, lets turn off the streetlights again, no trash pickup, no snow plowing the streets, close the Fire Department and DPW. Have the residents install their own water treatment systems. Close the schools and the kids can stay home and take classes online.

That should bring the tax rate down BUT people will still complain about taxes, it is a natural human response, it will never change. It will never be low enough, never.

There is nothing to cut. People wanted the library to remain open when most other cities have closed them. The library money can be used to hire more cops.
Ma Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#18 Nov 4, 2013
I am endorsin' me boy Kevin for any office.

Let me make this short and sweet--if you do not vote for the boy I know people who will bust up your skull. Know what I'm sayin? Know what I mean?
Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#19 Nov 4, 2013
I just received a pre-recorded phone call message from Councilor Tran.

Waiting for Lynch's call now. Lynch you do know how to acquire the resident's phone numbers that are published right? It is free and he city will provide them for you.

Lynch you do know how to setup the automated computer dialing system that is free, no cost for you, to dial those people that you want them to vote?

Hurry up time is running out.
Not Surprising

United States

#20 Nov 4, 2013
Not really surprising. This is a guy who was too dumb to figure out how to use his own Facebook page and then tried to claim that people sabotaged it on him. Plus, he's way too lazy to go get phone numbers and too stupid to figure out how to do it anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) 4 hr Totally disgusted 1,169
Lynch request for court case to be brought forw... (Jul '13) 5 hr Unbelievable 55
Charlie Baker for governor 10 hr Agree 12
Main street proposal will set Fitchburg back 40... 16 hr Jim B 18
A change of culture at Fitchburg Police Dept. -... (Nov '10) Tue J Edgar Lynch 268
Dan Kirouac returns to Townsend, MA Sep 28 Jeremiah 2
Wong takes chiefs job Sep 28 Jnt 5

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Dating
Find my Match

Fitchburg Jobs

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fitchburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fitchburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]