Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Sep 11, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Vote

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Sep 10, 2013
FITCHBURG -- Polls are open in the city until 8 p.m. Tuesday for a primary for the Ward 1 and Ward 4 city councilor positions.

In Ward 1, the finalized candidates are Amy L. Green, of 157 Walton St.; Kelly A. Johnson, of 168 Charles St.; and Kevin P. Maynard, of 116 Elizabeth St.

In Ward 4, the candidates are Ellen M. Eskola-Cunha, of 134 High St.; Michael P. Kushmerek, of 470 Main St.; and Tricia J. Park, of 73 Marshall St.

Wards 1, 2, 4 and 5 will see new faces, with incumbent councilors either pursuing councilor-at-large positions or leaving the council, and many say the new energy may be just what the council and the city need.

a primary election is necessary when there is one more candidate than double the number of seats available for a position. The top two vote earners in each ward will move on to the November general election.

The remaining open seats do not require a primary.
Voters want to know

Rhinebeck, NY

#2 Sep 10, 2013
And what's the over/under for the number of votes Lynch the Leach will garner today? Remember in a citywide primary a few year ago he too down a whopping 77 votes. This will be limited to just his Ward so I'll start the bidding at a high of 28 and a low of 9.

Next.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#3 Sep 10, 2013
Voters want to know wrote:
And what's the over/under for the number of votes Lynch the Leach will garner today? Remember in a citywide primary a few year ago he too down a whopping 77 votes. This will be limited to just his Ward so I'll start the bidding at a high of 28 and a low of 9.
Next.
You have no idea. The corruption came out in full force and there was two well known candidates.

They falsely arrested me and incarcerated us. It didn't stop there as they captured our car and held it till it reached $1,500. Corruption oozes out in this city.

I speak out against corruption. Unfortunately over 80% of our citizens do not vote. They have totally lost all faith in a government that is not corrupt.

All the citizens received in Fitchburg is higher taxes, new rates, higher rates, less services, less respect, no accountability and roads that are nearly impassable.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#4 Sep 10, 2013
Vote wrote:
FITCHBURG -- Polls are open in the city until 8 p.m. Tuesday for a primary for the Ward 1 and Ward 4 city councilor positions.
In Ward 1, the finalized candidates are Amy L. Green, of 157 Walton St.; Kelly A. Johnson, of 168 Charles St.; and Kevin P. Maynard, of 116 Elizabeth St.
In Ward 4, the candidates are Ellen M. Eskola-Cunha, of 134 High St.; Michael P. Kushmerek, of 470 Main St.; and Tricia J. Park, of 73 Marshall St.
Wards 1, 2, 4 and 5 will see new faces, with incumbent councilors either pursuing councilor-at-large positions or leaving the council, and many say the new energy may be just what the council and the city need.
a primary election is necessary when there is one more candidate than double the number of seats available for a position. The top two vote earners in each ward will move on to the November general election.
The remaining open seats do not require a primary.
Ward 1 may choose Amy L. Green and Kelly A. Johnson

Ward 4 may choose Tricia Park and Ellen M. Eskola-Cunha.
Vote

Fitchburg, MA

#5 Sep 10, 2013
Voters want to know wrote:
Next.
He's not in this primary. He's running for Councilor at Large this time around which comes up in November. One never knows though because he is so disorganized he can't even manage his own facebook accounts.
Check this out.... It's no wonder you're confused.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kevin-Lynch-fo...

Could you imagine this basket case managing anything? He's a mess.
Just Facts

United States

#6 Sep 10, 2013
Kevin,

Your Facebook page has a bunch of stuff on it that has little to no meaning on a page for a campaign. Pictures of Kennedy? The stuff on the page is from back in 2010/2011 when you got crushed...why would that be relevant now?

My God man, put some effort into it...
Doh

Leominster, MA

#7 Sep 10, 2013
Vote wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not in this primary. He's running for Councilor at Large this time around which comes up in November. One never knows though because he is so disorganized he can't even manage his own facebook accounts.
Check this out.... It's no wonder you're confused.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kevin-Lynch-fo...
Could you imagine this basket case managing anything? He's a mess.
You should be ashamed of yourself for posting that link. That is one ugly Motha F'er who appears to like young small boys. Shame on you. If my kids saw those pictures they would probably have nightmares. Also the captions are all wrong. They should read 'Just me standing around doing nothing as always'.
Spongebob

Gardner, MA

#8 Sep 10, 2013
Doh wrote:
<quoted text>You should be ashamed of yourself for posting that link. That is one ugly Motha F'er who appears to like young small boys. Shame on you. If my kids saw those pictures they would probably have nightmares. Also the captions are all wrong. They should read 'Just me standing around doing nothing as always'.
I cannot believe that he encourages people on Facebook to go to the FSU video. Really? how dumb is that! He made himself look incompetent and not professional at all. The people viewed him as being delusional and having schizophrenia talking about the "good ole boy network".

He must not understand that voters rate a candidate on how they present themselves and will they be the image represent the city on a professional level.

He stuttered, could not come up with any professional qualifications and formal education and was not wearing the proper suit but a stupid scaly cap.

Doesn't he realize that video was his political and campaign suicide. If I was him I wouldn't want anyone to see or remember the FSU meeting.
Spongebob

Gardner, MA

#9 Sep 10, 2013
Okay lets review our eligible voter population.

We have eligible voters serving our country in the armed forces overseas. I am sure they are not thinking about voting in their hometown as they traverse roads ridden with IEDs.

We have eligible voters that have left for college out of the city and out of the state. I am sure they are not thinking about making the trip back to vote in their hometown when they can be making new friends and partyingÖÖwink.

We have eligible voters that commute 1-2 hours or more to the North Shore, South Shore and Boston. As they make the commute home in gridlock traffic and arrive at 6 pm, 7 pm or later I am sure they are not thinking about voting.

We have eligible voters in my development that commute and the only reason they purchased their home here because it would cost $ 1 million or more towards Boston. I talked to them and they have no interest in the city, they donít know who the Mayor or Council is. Why? Because they have no family ties here or friends here. They saved $800K or more to live here but have no interest in the city itself or itís politics.

We have eligible voters who have Professional occupations and have commitments already scheduled during voting hours. Sorry but if I was a Professional I wouldnít put my job in jeopardy to go and vote.

We have eligible voters who have their own business. They may tell you what needs to be done in Fitchburg but most of them will not vote because they have a business to run even after hours.

We have eligible voters that are senior citizens in nursing homes. Most of them are not thinking about voting because they have other health issues that take priority. I am sure they are not thinking about voting as some have dementia and renal failure and have a short time to live.

We have eligible voters that are sick and injured. I am sure they are not thinking about voting as they are lying on the couch after a treatment of chemo.

We have eligible voters that like to visit the local bars and establishments every evening. Trust me they are not thinking about voting. Enough said about that.

We have eligible voters that are on welfare and donít even know what voting is. They chose welfare so they donít need to work so they are not going to vote which would be defeating the purpose of staying in their free apartment and actually doing something. As long as they receive their welfare benefits they donít care what happens to the city.

We have eligible voters that have warrants and wanted by the police. Did you know that the police actually arrest or find many people that come into vote by their name on the list? Their names are flagged and the cop on duty at the polls is advised when that person comes into vote and are apprehended on site. I am sure they are not all stupid enough to think about voting as they have warrants.

So as you see the entire population number of the city by consensus does not mean these residents will vote. Sorry Lynch but most people have commitments, a family and especially a JOB unlike yourself which as unlimited free time on the taxpayers dime.
Spongebob

Gardner, MA

#10 Sep 10, 2013
I cannot believe he wants people to view the FSU video on his Facebook? If I was him I wouldn't want anyone to see that video and use it as a learning experience about what needs to be fixed for public speaking.

He looked incompetent, unprofessional and someone that is delusional. Stating the "good ole boy network" and finally beaten down by another councilor.

That video was his campaign suicide. He stuttered and was nervous showing us that he could never be any kind of strong leader.

He appeared disorganized. Buy a nice suit, get rid of the scaly cap. He doesn't understand voters are rating him on his professional appearance and qualifications.

He did not have a strong answer of his formal education and qualifications.

He could never be the image the voters want to represent the city. Sorry.
Spongebob

Gardner, MA

#11 Sep 10, 2013
I talked to the other candidates and they were the complete opposite of Lynch. They wanted feedback on ideas and solutions for the city.

They did not state what any of their own opinions are because they know they are representing the residents and are not taking the position to push their own personal beliefs and ideas.

They did not disagree with any of my opinions and tried to argue why some city issues can be rectified by their own and only beliefs and opinions.

They were soley for the residents and not for themselves!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#12 Sep 11, 2013
Green, Kushmerek top Fitchburg primary vote

FITCHBURG -- Ward 1 City Council candidates Amy Green and Kelly Johnson and Ward 4 candidates Michael Kushmerek and Tricia Park will move on to the general election in November.

Turnout in Tuesday's primary election for these seats was very low -- only about 6 percent in each ward -- but two clear vote earners emerged.

Of 192 votes cast in Ward 1, Green received 119, while Johnson got 37. Johnson only narrowly moves on to the general election, with only one vote more than challenger Kevin Maynard's 36.

Of 163 votes cast in Ward 4, Kushmerek received 94, while Park received 43. Challenger Ellen Eskola-Cunha received 26 votes.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#13 Sep 11, 2013
Stamos wrote:
Green, Kushmerek top Fitchburg primary vote
FITCHBURG -- Ward 1 City Council candidates Amy Green and Kelly Johnson and Ward 4 candidates Michael Kushmerek and Tricia Park will move on to the general election in November.
Turnout in Tuesday's primary election for these seats was very low -- only about 6 percent in each ward -- but two clear vote earners emerged.
Of 192 votes cast in Ward 1, Green received 119, while Johnson got 37. Johnson only narrowly moves on to the general election, with only one vote more than challenger Kevin Maynard's 36.
Of 163 votes cast in Ward 4, Kushmerek received 94, while Park received 43. Challenger Ellen Eskola-Cunha received 26 votes.
My prediction Samas? Kelly Johnson will win Ward 1 as many will relate to her stances. In Ward 4 Park will win because she is passionate, hard working and yearns for a better and safer Fitchburg.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#14 Sep 11, 2013
Spongebob wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot believe that he encourages people on Facebook to go to the FSU video. Really? how dumb is that! He made himself look incompetent and not professional at all. The people viewed him as being delusional and having schizophrenia talking about the "good ole boy network".
He must not understand that voters rate a candidate on how they present themselves and will they be the image represent the city on a professional level.
He stuttered, could not come up with any professional qualifications and formal education and was not wearing the proper suit but a stupid scaly cap.
Doesn't he realize that video was his political and campaign suicide. If I was him I wouldn't want anyone to see or remember the FSU meeting.
As usual you can never tell the truth. When Councilor Kevin stood up he remarked that he was confused and never heard of the saying "good ole boys", then after I explained he then said, "well then you are saying I am in this " good ole boy network" and I said well you first didn't know and now you are introducing yourself as one of the "network", nice to meet you. The hall laughed.

I did stutter as I went off the page and did not keep my place so when I went back to look at my speech notes I couldn't find it right away. It happens.

I was thinking Samas, If I were to run for Mayor I could attach a return mailing sticker to my flier which the voter could put on the ballot. What do you think?
results

Fitchburg, MA

#15 Sep 11, 2013
Ward One Councillor
Kelly A. Johnson 5 32 37 *
Kevin P. Maynard 23 13 36
Amy L. Green 49 70 119 *
Ward Four Councillor
Tricia J. Park 6 37 43 *
Michael P. Kushmerek 45 49 94 *
Ellen Eskola-Cunha 8 18 26

Voter turnout 355 out of 6034 registered voters 5.88%
results

Fitchburg, MA

#16 Sep 11, 2013
I understand that this was a primary without a Mayors race but come on folks. Over 94% of registered voters stayed home instead of voting.

How do we get the message out to this 94% that nothing will change unless they cast their votes?

I have been out there registering voters and I will tell you that the consensus is not good. People all say, "why vote as it is always the same and nothing gets done".

Nationally I think the Democrats are going to hurt a bit because many have again lost faith. No one elected has the guts to propose an American jobs bill. Why is everyone against a working America?

Yes, there are many more people earning $80,000 plus but at the same exact time there are 5 workers losing their jobs.

President Obama needs to propose an American jobs bill that promotes protectionism. We need to produce something. We need JOBS!

People have lost faith. People have been out of work for 10 years now. We need serious legislation.
This is beyond party, this is the basic American Ideal!!!!!

Put America back to work dammit, take the courageous step forward! Pass laws putting heavy taxes on imports, we are the worlds biggest consumer market, if they want in make them pay.

We need to cut taxes within America. At the same time we can cut back social security, welfare and food stamps. We need to be courageous.

We are Americans as we will grow our own food on our own land. Lets get to it. Catering to Billionaires and Trillionaires is ridiculous.

Our pension system was self supporting before and it can be self supporting again. More people back to work means more money in the system. We need to stop the outflow of American dollars if it isn't too late already.

"Voter turnout 355 out of 6034 registered voters 5.88% "

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#17 Sep 11, 2013
I'd be embarrassed if I were any one of these people. Think about it, Johnson won with 37 votes over Maynard's 36 votes? I mean, do any of these two have family or friends. So sad.
Spongebob

Gardner, MA

#18 Sep 11, 2013
Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual you can never tell the truth. When Councilor Kevin stood up he remarked that he was confused and never heard of the saying "good ole boys", then after I explained he then said, "well then you are saying I am in this " good ole boy network" and I said well you first didn't know and now you are introducing yourself as one of the "network", nice to meet you. The hall laughed.
I did stutter as I went off the page and did not keep my place so when I went back to look at my speech notes I couldn't find it right away. It happens.
I was thinking Samas, If I were to run for Mayor I could attach a return mailing sticker to my flier which the voter could put on the ballot. What do you think?
Well you need to ditch the notes. Don't worry about forgetting to bring up an issue that concerns you. If you forget then the issue was not that important in the first place. You only need to cover the main primary topic that you feel is important, NEVER try to cover all of the issues that you think are important.

Speak from the heart, don't use notes. Don't ever talk back to anyone asking you a question. Remember this is your "job" interview. They ask the questions not you.

Don't ever use people as an issue. This means you are capable of attacking anyone at anytime and that makes them feel scared and uncomfortable. Keep the "good ole boy network" to yourself and personal feelings. Only use materialistic issues for your campaign.

No stuttering ever! This can never happen especially as a Mayor at a State House meeting stating the reasons why his/her state aid needs to be increased. If you cannot handle a small local public forum you will get eaten up by the top dogs at the State and Federal level.

Stuttering means that you are emotional. A leader at any level can NEVER be emotional. A leader does not lead by emotions but takes care of business. Stuttering means you bringing up issues that are emotional for you. That can never happen. A Mayor may have emotions for example, "turning off the street lights" but the Mayor knew more about the city's budget then the general public and she had to "take care of business" first and for the best interests of the city at that time. She did not let her emotions influence her rational business decision.

You appear to let money (budget) to take care of your emotions and emotional needs when money (budget) should only be taking care of BUSINESS !

Don't ever use humor at a public formal forum. It may be funny and real to you but to the audience you have just made yourself look like a fool. You do realize this is why the hall laughed. They were laughing at your comment not his. Remember this is your "job" interview.

Wear a normal suit and the tie color should represent your party as a Republican or a Democrat. Do not wear anything unusual such as a scaly cap. Maybe to you it's normal but not to other people.
Spongebob

Gardner, MA

#19 Sep 11, 2013
results wrote:
I understand that this was a primary without a Mayors race but come on folks. Over 94% of registered voters stayed home instead of voting.
How do we get the message out to this 94% that nothing will change unless they cast their votes?
I have been out there registering voters and I will tell you that the consensus is not good. People all say, "why vote as it is always the same and nothing gets done".
Nationally I think the Democrats are going to hurt a bit because many have again lost faith. No one elected has the guts to propose an American jobs bill. Why is everyone against a working America?
Yes, there are many more people earning $80,000 plus but at the same exact time there are 5 workers losing their jobs.
President Obama needs to propose an American jobs bill that promotes protectionism. We need to produce something. We need JOBS!
People have lost faith. People have been out of work for 10 years now. We need serious legislation.
Put America back to work dammit, take the courageous step forward! Pass laws putting heavy taxes on imports, we are the worlds biggest consumer market, if they want in make them pay.
We need to cut taxes within America. At the same time we can cut back social security, welfare and food stamps. We need to be courageous.
We are Americans as we will grow our own food on our own land. Lets get to it. Catering to Billionaires and Trillionaires is ridiculous.
Our pension system was self supporting before and it can be self supporting again. More people back to work means more money in the system. We need to stop the outflow of American dollars if it isn't too late already.
It is all about welfare. Get rid of welfare and then you can lower taxes. Cracking down on welfare will ease the burden on ALL people who pay taxes.

Why do we have all of these vehicles placing license plates in their front windows stating where their homeland is and where they moved from? This is very illegal by the way.

Why do these people come from their homeland which is the most beautiful place one earth according to them to Massachusetts and/or Fitchburg? Why wouldn't they go to a warmer climate such as the southern states that resembles the climate of their homeland where they moved from?

Why would they trade a perfect sunny warm tropical atmosphere for a rainy, snowing, stormy depressed industrial city?

If it's free it's for me. In their paradise homeland they would have to work, here they don't have to.

It's all about welfare.
Spongebob

Gardner, MA

#20 Sep 11, 2013
results wrote:
I already explained where many of the registered voters are. But to add to that have you ever thought that 94% of the registered voters are happy and content with the city at this time?

(quote): "I have been out there registering voters and I will tell you that the consensus is not good. People all say, "why vote as it is always the same and nothing gets done".

Again you made a statement that is not true and this is what hurts you. "People all say"? "the consensus"?

These above statements portrays you as having talked to ALL the residents in the city, even 94%. WRONG !

You never came to my house or my development or even my side of the city. Has it ever occurred to you that 94% of the registered voters may have confidence and are happy with the city and it's leaders so they don't feel the need to vote?

It is not all about downtown and your neighborhood. You need to go to every home in the city. Remember your neighborhood and downtown isn't even 20% of the city population!

Why are you so scared to go to the nice home developments and neighborhoods in the city? Why do you always stay within your downtown and your neighborhood area? That raises a lot of RED FLAGS !

Again, not a good speaker or politician, not even close.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
McKay hosting family barbecue 14 hr The Insider 4
Debate: Ferguson - Fitchburg, MA 19 hr Roger 47
Has Jtn ruined Topix? 21 hr Karen 4
0142 corruption in the courts and P.D. Mon dumbass 13
Numbers of homeless increase in region Aug 30 But 6
Thief grabs cash box at Leominster farm stand Aug 30 Tim 4
Man charged with assaulting ex-girlfriend - Sen... (Sep '09) Aug 29 Karen 67
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••