2 pit bulls accused of killing small dog - Sentinel & Enterprise

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

Police say a Fairmount Street woman's two pit bulls killed a small dog during a two-day rampage.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 23 of23
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rachel

Seneca, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2008

Antonio wrote:
<quoted text>
the reason the pit bulls always make the headlines is because they are agressive and they are the ones who cause serious damage. you are an idiot.
Not true. These dogs are never, and were never, bred to be human-agressive.Even dogfighters had to be able to get in the box and handle their dogs...they can't do that if the dogs are human-agressive. Animal-agression is something that can be present in ALL terrier breeds. But these are two ENTIRELY DIFFERENT forms of agressive behavior. A human-agressive pit bull is not confirming to the standard of the breed, and is likely a victim of poor breeding and handling.

And, it's common sense that a large muscular dog will do more damage than it's smaller counterparts.
Rachel

Seneca, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2008

duh wrote:
Obviously something needs to be done about the breed of dog......No news about any other dogs except for these. And PLEASE the people with these kind of dogs please don't give me the story about it's the owner it's not the dog. I don't hear of any other dog mauling humans and/or other animals as much as this breed.
People that own known "aggressive breed" dogs should have to have some type of insurance to own them.
Any of these dogs ever bit me or my kids, Id rip their tonsils out through their a$$. Then feed them to the owner.
Notice the headline here refers to a 'rampage'....One can hardly consider a dead toy dog and a couple of cats a 'rampage'...but that's what the media uses to sell papers....gore sells.

Pits make the news more often for a number of reasons. Firstly, they tend to appeal to a less-than-responsible subculture of people who don't know how to handle their dogs...this leads to a greater number of unbalanced animals who are likely to bite. They are also the victims of some of the poorest breeding practices known....Search "Pit Bull Breeders" on the internet and you will find hundreds of breeders churning out these huge bulky walking-barrels, tipping the scales at 120 pounds. A 'REAL" well-bred pit is a medium sized dog, with anything over 70 lbs. being indicative of obesity. Poor breeding = Poor Dogs.

A while ago, there was a news story about 145 pound pit that chased and attacked a woman and her child. When the news station showed a pic of the dog, it was clearly a Bullmastiff...but they never retracted the misinformation. That kind of thing happens ALL THE TIME. There are 26 breeds commonly mistaken for pit bulls.

I agree that there should be regulations in place for people wishing to own large, dominant breeds. Education is a must...you have to know what you're doing with these dogs. I have 3 Pit Bulls, the youngest is training to be a therapy dog. I've worked in rescue for years, and I can honestly say I've never come across a Pit or Rottie or Doberman or Mastiff with a bad disposition. I have however been bitten numerous times by Cocker Spaniels, Chuhuahuas, Toy Poodles, Malteses, labs, and a husky or two.

Proper breeding, proper socialization, and proper handling will make a good dog. Let's blame the right end of the leash here.
Alan Dulles

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2012

donnell wrote:
<quoted text>i'm with u on that one what if they would've bit a kid u stupid shit
hello darline

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 23 of23
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Fitchburg Forum right now

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Harrassing of me has timely stopped 2 hr Peter 47
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) 2 hr Curley Queen 1,135
Body found by highway is missing Massachusetts boy 3 hr Jtn 15
Child's dad distraught over news 4 hr Jtn 1
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) 6 hr Lon Spector 4,667
Happy Passover 18 hr Lynch 1
Child advocate: Discovery could force out DCF c... 23 hr Lynch 1
•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Fitchburg People Search