Police Chief Candidate had Shady Past
Scoop

Gardner, MA

#64 Mar 24, 2014
Lynch for Chief wrote:
Can you say law suit against the city and the Mayor????
Are people on here really this dumb? First, you cannot sue the city. Only a single employee of the city can be sued.

For example : if a Police Officer struck a vehicle with his cruiser and was negligent. Then only the officer can be sued personally. The CITY did NOT instruct the officer that he can strike other vehicles with his vehicle negligently.

If the city ever was sued which they cannot be anyways there is a $100,000 cap on a settlement payout. This is in order to protect the city from going bankrupt.

All lawsuits come down to a single person who will be at fault if negligence was found. The city is not held liable.

For example: if the police cruiser in the accident had faulty brakes, then the city mechanic CAN be sued and not the Police Officer because the mechanic would be responsible for the upkeep of the police cruiser.

ONLY a single person (employee) can be held accountable in a lawsuit. NOT the city.

For example: if an emergency call comes into the dispatch center and it never gets answered, ONLY the dispatcher can be sued, NOT the city. The CITY did NOT instruct the dispatcher to ignore an emergency call.

Got it ? WTF !

It's not the city that is screwed up, it's some of the people and their lack of knowledge and stupidity that live in the city that makes it screwed up.
Paul

Maynard, MA

#65 Mar 24, 2014
Scoop wrote:
<quoted text>
Are people on here really this dumb? First, you cannot sue the city. Only a single employee of the city can be sued.
For example : if a Police Officer struck a vehicle with his cruiser and was negligent. Then only the officer can be sued personally. The CITY did NOT instruct the officer that he can strike other vehicles with his vehicle negligently.
If the city ever was sued which they cannot be anyways there is a $100,000 cap on a settlement payout. This is in order to protect the city from going bankrupt.
All lawsuits come down to a single person who will be at fault if negligence was found. The city is not held liable.
For example: if the police cruiser in the accident had faulty brakes, then the city mechanic CAN be sued and not the Police Officer because the mechanic would be responsible for the upkeep of the police cruiser.
ONLY a single person (employee) can be held accountable in a lawsuit. NOT the city.
For example: if an emergency call comes into the dispatch center and it never gets answered, ONLY the dispatcher can be sued, NOT the city. The CITY did NOT instruct the dispatcher to ignore an emergency call.
Got it ? WTF !
It's not the city that is screwed up, it's some of the people and their lack of knowledge and stupidity that live in the city that makes it screwed up.
this is not true,sure the city can sued, the schools can be sued and the University dyed dumb bumb
Scoop

Gardner, MA

#66 Mar 24, 2014
Fitchburg wrote:
<quoted text>
So, a "letter" is his "true employment history?" It was in 1988. By "LAW" Stamy an employer is NOT allowed to ask past 7 years ! Wrong Wong is going to cost the city through this guy bring civil action !
You do know that Mayor Wong was born in 1988 ? Fitchburg needs an FBI or ATF as a police Chief. I am all for the Captain of the New York police to come into Fitchburg to be Chief.
Fitchburg is in worse shape than any other city in Massachusetts. Springfield may have them edged out but Fitchburg is a completely dysfunctional city due to our local government.
Are you having a medication malfunction?

He could of stated he murdered a man 20 years ago and still would have been hired.

He did not flunk the background check. He FLUNKED the character check.

He agreed and signed off to a character check and that meant that he had to disclose all pertinent information relating to himself and that included criminal cases that were not convictions.

Since he did not disclose information that was forwarded he flunked the CHARACTER CHECK of the screening process. He would have gotten the job if he disclosed that information.

There is no laws pertaining to character checks. All police officer candidates get them. The detectives go to the candidates neighbors, current work place and ask them many questions.

It's the same as running for Mayor, you are being hired based on your character not just your criminal history and education !
Scoop

Gardner, MA

#67 Mar 24, 2014
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>this is not true,sure the city can sued, the schools can be sued and the University dyed dumb bumb
Show me a lawsuit against the City of Fitchburg? You have to prove the city condoned the negligence of the employee. It has never been done.

A lawyer would have to find in the city by-laws where it states the City authorized a police officer that he is allowed to strike another vehicle negligently.

There is always someone that is SOLEY responsible and that is how a City, town or school will proceed with a lawsuit with the lawyers.

A judge will always rule that the city is not responsible for the actions of their employers. This has already been tested numerous times.
Lynch

Maynard, MA

#68 Mar 24, 2014
Scoop wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me a lawsuit against the City of Fitchburg? You have to prove the city condoned the negligence of the employee. It has never been done.
A lawyer would have to find in the city by-laws where it states the City authorized a police officer that he is allowed to strike another vehicle negligently.
There is always someone that is SOLEY responsible and that is how a City, town or school will proceed with a lawsuit with the lawyers.
A judge will always rule that the city is not responsible for the actions of their employers. This has already been tested numerous times.
not true cities are sued around the country every day. Trust me I went to law school
Scoop

Gardner, MA

#69 Mar 24, 2014
Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>not true cities are sued around the country every day. Trust me I went to law school
They are sued but there is always one person that takes the fall. I went to law school too.

I will tell my friends who are city workers that they do not have to worry because you said they are exempt and the city will be sued if they are negligent.

I know a few DPW workers that will love to plow some parked vehicles into some homes since they are not liable according to you.

Thanks.......wink. It will be a free for all for city workers now.
Scoop

Gardner, MA

#70 Mar 24, 2014
Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>not true cities are sued around the country every day. Trust me I went to law school
Obviously you never tried to sue the city or talked to the city solicitor about who is ultimately responsible.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#71 Mar 24, 2014
Scoop wrote:
<quoted text>
Are people on here really this dumb? First, you cannot sue the city. Only a single employee of the city can be sued.
For example : if a Police Officer struck a vehicle with his cruiser and was negligent. Then only the officer can be sued personally. The CITY did NOT instruct the officer that he can strike other vehicles with his vehicle negligently.
If the city ever was sued which they cannot be anyways there is a $100,000 cap on a settlement payout. This is in order to protect the city from going bankrupt.
All lawsuits come down to a single person who will be at fault if negligence was found. The city is not held liable.
For example: if the police cruiser in the accident had faulty brakes, then the city mechanic CAN be sued and not the Police Officer because the mechanic would be responsible for the upkeep of the police cruiser.
ONLY a single person (employee) can be held accountable in a lawsuit. NOT the city.
For example: if an emergency call comes into the dispatch center and it never gets answered, ONLY the dispatcher can be sued, NOT the city. The CITY did NOT instruct the dispatcher to ignore an emergency call.
Got it ? WTF !
It's not the city that is screwed up, it's some of the people and their lack of knowledge and stupidity that live in the city that makes it screwed up.
Then how do you explain this case that cost the city of Leominster over a half million dollars?
http://masscops.com/threads/back-pay-claim-is...
Scoop

Gardner, MA

#72 Mar 24, 2014
Stamos wrote:
<quoted text>Then how do you explain this case that cost the city of Leominster over a half million dollars?
http://masscops.com/threads/back-pay-claim-is...
This was a city employee, not an outsider or civilian.

Show me a civilian that sued the City of Fitchburg and won?

Oh by the way, the officer never got any of his back pay, the court overturned the ruling. not everything is printed in the paper. Go to Leominster City Hall and check.
The Insider

Gardner, MA

#73 Mar 24, 2014
Scoop wrote:
<quoted text>
Are people on here really this dumb? First, you cannot sue the city. Only a single employee of the city can be sued.
For example : if a Police Officer struck a vehicle with his cruiser and was negligent. Then only the officer can be sued personally. The CITY did NOT instruct the officer that he can strike other vehicles with his vehicle negligently.
If the city ever was sued which they cannot be anyways there is a $100,000 cap on a settlement payout. This is in order to protect the city from going bankrupt.
All lawsuits come down to a single person who will be at fault if negligence was found. The city is not held liable.
For example: if the police cruiser in the accident had faulty brakes, then the city mechanic CAN be sued and not the Police Officer because the mechanic would be responsible for the upkeep of the police cruiser.
ONLY a single person (employee) can be held accountable in a lawsuit. NOT the city.
For example: if an emergency call comes into the dispatch center and it never gets answered, ONLY the dispatcher can be sued, NOT the city. The CITY did NOT instruct the dispatcher to ignore an emergency call.
Got it ? WTF !
It's not the city that is screwed up, it's some of the people and their lack of knowledge and stupidity that live in the city that makes it screwed up.
Hey want-a-be hero firefighter you know a lot for someone who works for Dunkin donuts!!!

Plus you are wrong cities can be sued, Leominster did. Suck on some more jelly sticks OOPS those are not jelly sticks your sucking on
Scoop

Gardner, MA

#74 Mar 24, 2014
The Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey want-a-be hero firefighter you know a lot for someone who works for Dunkin donuts!!!
Plus you are wrong cities can be sued, Leominster did. Suck on some more jelly sticks OOPS those are not jelly sticks your sucking on
It must be tough for you to be looking in. Wishing you could be a firefighter or a police officer.

I am flattered that you still use my names. It means I got to you, thanks. It means that you still think about me everyday. It means I made a huge impact in your life. That is what I want to see.

Well, I haven't been on for 6 months till now. I just like to come on and stir it up for you. Cya in another 6 months, I will check back in see how you are doing.

Oh and feel free to use this name too..........wink.
The Insider

Gardner, MA

#75 Mar 24, 2014
Yup you are that want-a-be firefighter that likes underage sex and the guys in the showers thats you
Scoop

Gardner, MA

#76 Mar 24, 2014
The Insider wrote:
Yup you are that want-a-be firefighter that likes underage sex and the guys in the showers thats you
And you want to be like me because you use my names.........wink
Scoop

Gardner, MA

#77 Mar 24, 2014
The Insider wrote:
Yup you are that want-a-be firefighter that likes underage sex and the guys in the showers thats you
Don't be sad, The Insider is known across all the Topix boards, you are famous but a sick individual wanting to have underage sex.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/tuckerman-ar/...

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#78 Mar 24, 2014
Scoop wrote:
<quoted text>
This was a city employee, not an outsider or civilian.
Show me a civilian that sued the City of Fitchburg and won?
Oh by the way, the officer never got any of his back pay, the court overturned the ruling. not everything is printed in the paper. Go to Leominster City Hall and check.
Ok. Now explain this?
http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/news/ci_...
"The High Street property has a storied past. The city has purchased it twice in the past 30 years due to problems with the retaining wall. In the 1980s, the crumbling wall caused damage to a tenement building that used to stand there, and the owner sued the city and won, costing the city about $87,000, in addition to repairs to the wall."
The Insider

Gardner, MA

#79 Mar 24, 2014
Scoop wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be sad, The Insider is known across all the Topix boards, you are famous but a sick individual wanting to have underage sex.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/tuckerman-ar/...
WOW you posted that from Fitchburg then to clam, it's from me ....Sorry I post from Gardner YOUR A SICK ONE And the post are a minute apart What a DUMB DUMB

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/tuckerman-ar/...
Scoop

Gardner, MA

#80 Mar 24, 2014
The Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW you posted that from Fitchburg then to clam, it's from me ....Sorry I post from Gardner YOUR A SICK ONE And the post are a minute apart What a DUMB DUMB
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/tuckerman-ar/...
You are a sicko. You will reported to the authorities.
Scoop

Gardner, MA

#81 Mar 25, 2014
The Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW you posted that from Fitchburg then to clam, it's from me ....Sorry I post from Gardner YOUR A SICK ONE And the post are a minute apart What a DUMB DUMB
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/tuckerman-ar/...
Please come meet me at Dunkin Donuts, I like jelly sticks. I work right by the fire station
Apple Picker

Gardner, MA

#82 Mar 25, 2014
Scoop wrote:
<quoted text>
Please come meet me at Dunkin Donuts, I like jelly sticks. I work right by the fire station
Sure, no problem.
Droopyballs

Gardner, MA

#83 Mar 25, 2014
I will be there too. The usual routine? The same as picking up a hooker on River Street.

I will be standing in the parking lot. Drive past me and stop 20 ft. ahead of me. Tap your brake lights 3 times so I know you are a customer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Medical marijuana dispensary proposal aired at ... 20 hr Jerry O Rourke 3
Caped Crapper Strikes Again Fri Newshound 2
New Lynch FB Page Fri Tsk Tsk 5
News Spanish American Center in Leominster helping b... Thu Mitch 2
News Overeaters Anonymous meets frequently Thu Mitch 4
News Educators given more flexibility to teach English Thu Blue Light 2
Sam Squailias Bra Size Thu Batgirl 5

Fitchburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fitchburg Mortgages