Government Shutdown SAGA

Posted in the Fitchburg Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Just Facts

United States

#1 Oct 14, 2013
"It appears they are truly just making this up as they go along, as they have put out one inconsistent policy after another," House Natural Resources Committee Chairman Doc Hastings, R-Wash., said in a statement, accusing the administration of playing "political games."

Charges that the Obama administration exaggerated the cutbacks from the outset were amplified Sunday when hundreds of vets marched in Washington to protest the closure of popular war memorials, including open-air sites

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/14/ro...
Boehner and Cantor

Leominster, MA

#2 Oct 14, 2013
You Lie! You are just jealous because Obama is the greatest President ever and Joe Biden is the second smartest person to ever live outside of Einstien! I'm a card carrying member of the free Rod Blagojevich fan club and have his picture on my nightstand.
Boehner and Cantor

Boston, MA

#3 Oct 14, 2013
Just Facts wrote:
"It appears they are truly just making this up as they go along, as they have put out one inconsistent policy after another," House Natural Resources Committee Chairman Doc Hastings, R-Wash., said in a statement, accusing the administration of playing "political games."
Charges that the Obama administration exaggerated the cutbacks from the outset were amplified Sunday when hundreds of vets marched in Washington to protest the closure of popular war memorials, including open-air sites
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/14/ro...
Pathetic, really pathetic.

Republicans close down the Government then want to berate Government employees for doing their jobs!!!!!!

"Conflict over the responsibility for the government shutdown got personal at the World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C. Wednesday when a member of Congress confronted a U.S. Park Service Ranger over access to the closed park land.

The congressman was Randy Neugebauer, a Republican representing Texas. He confronted the ranger in the middle of a crowd of tourists as she was keeping most of the public out of the closed World War II memorial.

The Park Service has been allowing World War II vets who have traveled from all over the country to enter the memorial, even though it's closed during the government shutdown; the rangers say they are exercising their First Amendment rights as they let the veterans in.

But they are keeping the rest of the public out of the facility, which is officially closed. And that did not sit well with the congressman, reported News4's Mark Segraves, who witnessed the confrontation.

"How do you look at them and... deny them access?" said Neugebauer. He, with most House Republicans, had voted early Sunday morning to pass a funding measure that would delay the Affordable Care Act, a vote that set up a showdown with the Senate and President Barack Obama. With the parties unable to agree on how to fund the federal government, non-essential government functions shut down Tuesday.

"It's difficult," responded the Park Service employee.

"Well, it should be difficult," replied the congressman, who was carrying a small American flag in his breast pocket.

"It is difficult," responded the Park Service employee. "I'm sorry, sir."

"The Park Service should be ashamed of themselves," the congressman said.

"I'm not ashamed," replied the ranger.

That's a great answer, she has no reason to be ashamed, you know who SHOULD be ashamed, the nutjob Congressman who voted to close it down in the first place and then tries to blame her!!!

What did you teabaggers think was going to happen? The Government is responsible for those memorials, they patrol them, they upkeep them and are responsible for them. When you shut the Government down, things get shut down!!!!!!

Basis 1+1 is still far to complicated for Teabaggers.
Boehner and Cantor

Boston, MA

#4 Oct 14, 2013
And now, it's PALIN TIME, wahoo!!!!!!!

"The government shutdown hasn't gone quite the way Republicans had hoped. The party's national support has cratered; the public holds them responsible for a wildly unpopular crisis; and it's going to take a while for the GOP to recover from a self-inflicted wound this severe.

But no one should assume they've hit rock bottom. Yesterday's theatrics in Washington were a reminder that the Republican Party's far-right wing can still make matters worse.

Sens. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Mike Lee (R-Utah) and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) attended a rally protesting the closure of the World War II Memorial, according to reports.

The lawmakers and the former governor -- and 2008 GOP vice-presidential nominee -- joined a crowd that removed barricades at the memorial and chanted "tear down these walls," according to Washington, D.C., radio station WTOP.

Cruz told the crowd that President Obama is using military veterans as "pawns" to draw support for his argument in the budget impasse, which has resulted in the two-week closure of the federal government and the memorial.

Brilliant. Flailing Republicans lack leaders and direction, but they'll certainly get back on track now that the former half-term governor of Alaska is stepping out in front.

I'm not sure who was more delighted to see Palin and Cruz whining at a memorial Republicans closed when they shut down the government: far-right activists or the Democratic National Committee.

----------

Indeed, it was quite a day yesterday. Right-wing activist Larry Klayman, who helps lead a group called Freedom Watch, told conservative activists, "I call upon all of you to wage a second American nonviolent revolution, to use civil disobedience, and to demand that this president leave town, to get up, to put the Quran down, to get up off his knees, and to figuratively come out with his hands up."

Classy.

Soon after, protestors made their way to the White House gate, where someone had the bright idea of waving the Confederate flag.

It's a relief to know Republican lawmakers are motivated solely by what will satisfy their right-wing base, isn't it?

Postscript: Cruz demanded to know yesterday why the federal government is "spending money to erect barricades to keep veterans out of this memorial." Noreen Malone answered the question in some detail, but the answer really isn't that complicated. Republicans, led by Ted Cruz, thought it'd be a good idea to shut down the government, which in turn closed a lot of parks and memorials. Does the senator really find this confusing or does he assume Tea Partiers are easily fooled?

That last part is important apparently cause Teabaggers really ARE THAT STUPID as Factless proves right here with this thread!!!!!!!

"Republicans, led by Ted Cruz, thought it'd be a good idea to shut down the government, which in turn closed a lot of parks and memorials."
Boehner and Cantor

Leominster, MA

#5 Oct 14, 2013
You have to try and understand. I'm way to stupid to walk in a forest without Government supervision. Just yesterday I got lost in what I thought was a jungle and I started screaming "Park rangers HELP ME! HELP ME!" Then a store clerk came over and told me I was just at Home Depot in the horticulture area.
Boehner and Cantor

Leominster, MA

#6 Oct 14, 2013
I went to hike Mount Monadnock but it turns out the Government owns the mountain and they have closed it. I was like 'Hey your job is paid for with my money!'. My only response was HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#7 Oct 15, 2013
Boehner and Cantor wrote:
You Lie! You are just jealous because Obama is the greatest President ever and Joe Biden is the second smartest person to ever live outside of Einstien! I'm a card carrying member of the free Rod Blagojevich fan club and have his picture on my nightstand.
:WORD:

All should give thanks for all in their life to Barack Obama. He has always been with man in spirit before his birth. And now he is here, in the flesh, a GOD on Earth come to save Man from Man, woman from woman. Barack Obama shall bring man to peace and rewrite our laws into his laws and remake the World into a better place and end death and suffering and disease and pain. All Praise and Glory be unto he that gave us life and purpose: Barack Obama.
Boehner and Cantor

Enosburg Falls, VT

#8 Oct 16, 2013
Pat Robertson, yep, that one, even he knows the GOP are too extreme!

"TV preacher Pat Robertson is not known for his moderation. He is, after all, the televangelist who blamed 9/11 on Americans, thinks gay people can cause meteor showers, and inspired an entire Wikipedia page listing the controversies springing from his over-the-top tirades.

And even he thinks congressional Republicans are a little too extreme right now.

Robertson told his viewers:


“The Republicans have got to wave the white flag and say,‘We fought a good fight and now it’s over. They cannot shut the government down and then bring about a default. We can’t do it. I mean, it would be devastating economically to every human being and the Republicans just can’t get tarred with that.”

Congratulations, House GOP lawmakers. You’ve helped position a radical TV preacher as a voice of reason in conservatitve politics."

When THAT happens, it's time for some introspection!!

Just in case you don't know what to do...

"noun

noun: introspection; plura l noun: introspections

1.

the examination or observation of one's own mental and emotional processes.

"quiet introspection can be extremely valuable"

synonyms:

self-analysis, self-examination, soul-searching, introversion, self-observation;"
Just Facts

United States

#9 Oct 16, 2013
So a preacher, whom you would never pay any attention says something to further your bullshit cause, and all of a sudden he has credibility....you're a riot!!

Thanks for the laughs dumb ass!!
Boehner and Cantor

Enosburg Falls, VT

#10 Oct 16, 2013
Just Facts wrote:
So a preacher, whom you would never pay any attention says something to further your bullshit cause, and all of a sudden he has credibility....you're a riot!!
Thanks for the laughs dumb ass!!
Yes, Faux Snewsbot is incapable of comprehending the point! No surprise there. I'll spell it out for you dumbass

The most extreme Conservatives are finding the current GOP, AND YOU, too extreme.
Just Facts

United States

#11 Oct 16, 2013
I can always count on you for some laughs you poor useless soul.

You give Obama and the Obamacrats a "get out of jail" free card, no matter what they do to fuck up our country...the evidence is all around you...

and you say I am extreme....now thats funny, I don't care who ya are.

Thanks again for the laughs dumb butt.
Civil Servant Supporter

Winchendon, MA

#12 Oct 17, 2013
Just Facts wrote:
I can always count on you for some laughs you poor useless soul.
You give Obama and the Obamacrats a "get out of jail" free card, no matter what they do to fuck up our country...the evidence is all around you...
and you say I am extreme....now thats funny, I don't care who ya are.
Thanks again for the laughs dumb butt.
Which militia do you belong to?
Civil Servant Supporter

Fitchburg, MA

#13 Oct 17, 2013
Civil Servant Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Which militia do you belong to?
Stop using my screen name, get your own.
Boehner and Cantor

Gardner, MA

#14 Oct 17, 2013
Just Facts wrote:
I can always count on you for some laughs you poor useless soul.
You give Obama and the Obamacrats a "get out of jail" free card, no matter what they do to fuck up our country...the evidence is all around you...
and you say I am extreme....now thats funny, I don't care who ya are.
Thanks again for the laughs dumb butt.
"You give Obama and the Obamacrats a "get out of jail" free card, no matter what they do to fuck up our country...the evidence is all around you..."

That's just a f-ing riot even for your Factless Faux Snewsbot ass!

You and your party just costs the country about 24 BILLION deliberately for a hissy fit and who do you claim is f-ing it up and is NEVER HELD ACCOUNTABLE???!!!??!!

What did you get for causing this 24 Billion detraction to an already struggling recovery, deliberately and without any real purpose except to piss, moan, whine, cry and stomp your feet??
Boehner and Cantor

Gardner, MA

#15 Oct 17, 2013
The "evidence all around you" is the clear fact that you loser Bozo's in the trunk of the clown car of Republican extremeists have all gone off the deep end and are basically suicide bombing the country at every turn!!

What a childish JOKE the Republican party has become thanks to Teabaggers!!!
Civil Servant Supporter

Leominster, MA

#16 Oct 17, 2013
Civil Servant Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop using my screen name, get your own.
Yeah, cut the shit and stop using my name, get your own.
Boehner and Cantor

Leominster, MA

#17 Oct 17, 2013
For all you non belivers I have two words for you, We need more Government!
Just Facts

United States

#18 Oct 17, 2013
Typical idiot for an Obamacrat...I have two words for you, "We need more government".

Go get some more of that Obamacash you moron!!
Boehner and Cantor

Leominster, MA

#19 Oct 17, 2013
Just Facts wrote:
Typical idiot for an Obamacrat...I have two words for you, "We need more government".
Go get some more of that Obamacash you moron!!
I have three words for you. Without Government help I would just wonder around and bump my head into things.
Just Facts

United States

#20 Oct 17, 2013
Hey Numbnuts....get yourself one of those Obamaphones while you're at it. Yipeeeee, everything is ffffrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man who fled into Fitchburg river is arraigned 35 min Huh 10
News Survey: DCF social workers overwhelmed by casel... 1 hr real SW 55
Is the GOBN the modern day NAZI with som member... 13 hr Jesse 110
Lynchies Big Reveal 21 hr BillyBob for Mayor 63
News Female moose wanders into downtown Fitchburg Fri Vinnie 7
News Mass. teacher finds success with flipped model Fri Jtn 1
News Fleeing arrest, he went swimming Thu Jtn 3
More from around the web

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]