The details of Leominster's trash plan - Sentinel & Enterprise

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

A guide to the new curbside collection program for household waste and recycling in Leominster : The totes: * Each eligible household -- from single-family homes to multi-family buildings of up to four units -- will receive two, 64-gallon plastic totes per living unit.
Comments
21 - 28 of 28 Comments Last updated Oct 8, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DJB

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

Ken Burgess wrote:
Same problem last week, the recycle bin was picked over and things tossed onto the sidewalk, including an empty windshield washer jug, bleach bottle, and some plastic plant trays. "no hazardous containers,
no plant trays" was the response I got. What's next...
Fine, no problem, it will go into the regular trash.
Call the Board of Health because those items are recyclable if they're clean. I drove the first recycling truck in Fitchburg and as long as it has the recycling lofo on the bottom it's good, especially since those have a 2 which is the most common plastic. This is Fiores way of making sure you need to buy bags. Also on the city site it says the trash guys won't reach in the barrel if the trash is stuck but they have no problem hand picking the recycling. So if the trash is stuck they leave it behind and the next week you need to buy bags. They leave behind recycling and you need to buy bags, anyone see the trend? Fiore is going to make sure people need bags so he can claim the tonage is up. Also for those who think Fiore is such a great guy I'd like to know why he doesn't pay his men for ANY holidays. I know a worker and he said they don't even get paid for Xmas and they have to provide there own health insurance.
Recycle Question

Lancaster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

OK. The website says there's no need to sort your recyclables.

Why does the recycle truck guy open the new container and rather than just dump it all in, he hand picks the stuff into separate bins in the truck?

Since: Mar 08

Osterville, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

RE: Reaching into the barrel

I thought the barrell's were designed to be picked up via a 'claw' arrangement and dumped into the trucks. That's what I've seen in other communities.

I see Fiore is also in the process of winning trash contracts in some other towns also...

PS to "Get Lost", BIOYAT

Since: Mar 08

Osterville, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

RE: Health Insurance

Under the MA Insurance Law, ALL employers are to provide some level of insurance and pay for it. Unless the employees are 'under the table' or independant contractors.
DJB

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

The barrels won't be picked up by a claw but there is an attatchment that dumps them. If you look at the back of his truck you'll see a yallow attachment which dumps them. What the website was saying is if something is stuck insude they won't pull it out. As far as insurance we all know he doesn't follow the law. The guy I know said hardly anyone there speaks English and probably aren't legal. I went in his yard once and saw a camper with a chicken coop next to it which I'm guessing is where some emplyees live.
Fizbo

Brookfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2009

Nice to see 2 Fiore trucks this week with REJECTION
stickers (safety) on them, and still picking up
trash. One had a front tire that was wobbling pretty
bad.....
Local guy

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2009

Fizbo, Where have you been? Only 6 months since the last comment. I hope you haven't been following Fiore trucks around all that time to spot a violation.
jtn

Brighton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2009

Local guy wrote:
Fizbo, Where have you been? Only 6 months since the last comment. I hope you haven't been following Fiore trucks around all that time to spot a violation.
local guy,i know yu. I'll be sending you some pansies

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Fitchburg Forum right now

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Officials investigating two-alarm Fitchburg hou... 19 min Fredric K Fortin 1
a holes 4 hr Karen 5
boycotting new market basket prices 5 hr tim 22
Police: Woman robbed Cumberland Farms in Fitchb... Wed Jtn 1
Manager: 'It could be empty tomorrow' Wed Jtn 3
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Jul 22 John 4,692
Fitchburg officer charged with drunken driving ... (Nov '10) Jul 21 Pajama People 50
•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE