First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mass Education

Gardner, MA

#1 Sep 4, 2013
"If Massachusetts were a country, its eighth graders would rank second in the world in science, behind only Singapore, according to Timss — the Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study, which surveys knowledge and skills of fourth and eighth graders around the world.(The most recent version, in 2011, tested more than 600,000 students in 63 nations.)"

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/03/science/exp... ;
Droopyballs

Gardner, MA

#2 Sep 4, 2013
That’s great news but we need to be smarter in “business” to keep those math and science jobs here and not in Japan or China where most of our electronic commodities come from.
Yippee

Leominster, MA

#3 Sep 4, 2013
This could be one of the most slanted feel good articles I have ever read.
Mass Education

Gardner, MA

#4 Sep 4, 2013
Yippee wrote:
Well you know how numbers work, if you only read 4 articles your whole life, 25% could be "slanted".
Mass Education

Gardner, MA

#5 Sep 4, 2013
Droopyballs wrote:
That’s great news but we need to be smarter in “business” to keep those math and science jobs here and not in Japan or China where most of our electronic commodities come from.
Well, that would be up to our "Business Leaders" of today and require a turn around of sorts, the mantra today for them is, pull the ladder up behind you and shut everyone else out from coming up.

In order to do this, they need to neglect wage earners and hollow out the middle which is proving to be very successful for them.
your Kidding

Gardner, MA

#6 Sep 4, 2013
Droopyballs wrote:
So What here is my opinion

This is news at the home front People should be aware of this pervert

Droopyballs and American feels its ok for a adult to have sex with a under age children
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/fitchburg-ma/ ...
Droopyballs

Gardner, MA

#7 Sep 4, 2013
your Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Droopyballs and American feels its ok for a adult to have sex with a under age children
wrong Droopy, sorry.
your Kidding

Gardner, MA

#8 Sep 4, 2013
Droopyballs wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong Droopy, sorry.
sure nice try!!
Droopyballs

Gardner, MA

#9 Sep 4, 2013
obviously you are not smart enough to know you can use other people's names?
Mass Education

Gardner, MA

#10 Sep 4, 2013
Yippee wrote:
Heaven forbid even one positive aspect on any subject should break it's way into that brick head of yours where anything positive and enlightening goes to die!
Yippee

Leominster, MA

#11 Sep 4, 2013
Mass Education wrote:
<quoted text>
Heaven forbid even one positive aspect on any subject should break it's way into that brick head of yours where anything positive and enlightening goes to die!
Just saying it's one state from a selective poll. What towns were the kids chosen from? In respect to our fearless leader his response is probably 'That's great and the other 52 states in the Union are not far behind!'. You have to remember it's the NY Times.
Yippee

Leominster, MA

#12 Sep 4, 2013
Mass Education wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you know how numbers work, if you only read 4 articles your whole life, 25% could be "slanted".
Right on genius. Unfortunately if I read 400 articles from the NY Times 99% could be "slanted". Just think about the wording "If Massachusetts was a country". That's great and "If" all dogs were leprechauns they would be carrying a pot of gold and shitting rainbows out their arses! Smarten up!
Mass Education

Gardner, MA

#13 Sep 4, 2013
Yippee wrote:
<quoted text>Right on genius. Unfortunately if I read 400 articles from the NY Times 99% could be "slanted". Just think about the wording "If Massachusetts was a country". That's great and "If" all dogs were leprechauns they would be carrying a pot of gold and shitting rainbows out their arses! Smarten up!
WOW! Are you really this stupid?

"BRAINTREE, Mass.— Conventional wisdom and popular perception hold that American students are falling further and further behind in science and math achievement. The statistics from this state tell a different story."

You really don't get the point do you, Mass students scored higher than the US as a whole hence the comment about if it were a country, you're an idiot. Which would not really be a problem if you had any of that previous word I used and could resist blathering your thoughts out to the whole world.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2012/12/11/m...

You focus on disdain for the NYT just shows how incapable you are of understanding even the most basic of information, not to mention, you have to always have something to hate on. What you need is some introspection. Something tells me that will never ever happen.
Yippee

Leominster, MA

#14 Sep 4, 2013
Mass Education wrote:
<quoted text>
"BRAINTREE, Mass.— Conventional wisdom and popular perception hold that American students are falling further and further behind in science and math achievement. The statistics from this state tell a different story."
You really don't get the point do you, Mass students scored higher than the US as a whole hence the comment about if it were a country, you're an idiot. Which would not really be a problem if you had any of that previous word I used and could resist blathering your thoughts out to the whole world.
You focus on disdain for the NYT just shows how incapable you are of understanding even the most basic of information, not to mention, you have to always have something to hate on. What you need is some introspection. Something tells me that will never ever happen.
Ok you got me. Unlike you I don't live in a world of "Ifs". I still say the article is stinks. It talks about 4th graders and 8th graders (about your mentality) but what about the rest of the grades?
Yippee

Leominster, MA

#15 Sep 4, 2013
Mass Education wrote:
<quoted text>
You just keep embarrassing yourself. If the Bonston Globe posts a story the firm Dumbass, Idiot and Clueless have done a study and you are the biggest idiot on the planet your response will be WEEEEEE I'm the best!!!!!
Yippee

Leominster, MA

#16 Sep 4, 2013
Mass Education wrote:
<quoted text>
Also don't underestimate just how stupid I can be!! I guess according to you now the "whole world" is reading my blathering thoughts. Wow do I feel silly!! Here's another idea. Why don't you get a clue?
Renee

Concord, MA

#17 Sep 4, 2013
The math department at FSU enough said hehehehahaha
You must be a teacher

Fitchburg, MA

#18 Sep 4, 2013
Mass Education wrote:
<quoted text>
You used "it's" when you should have used "its". You must be a proud member of the MTA. Thank goodness that she-beast is leaving the district. You know the one, the union person. I'm certain S&E has an Adam's apple if you know what I mean.
your kidding

Gardner, MA

#19 Sep 4, 2013
Droopyballs wrote:
obviously you are not smart enough to know you can use other people's names?

your Kidding

Gardner, MA

#20 Sep 4, 2013
And I don't want to hear you saying I am a lesbian. Being a lesbian means I will never need a man to take of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fitchburg High, Fitchburg State team up to prov... 13 min Jtn 1
Police: Man found in FSC bathroom arrested - Se... (Dec '08) 11 hr Jtn 16
Scott Bonnevie 11 hr Jtn 2
Man charged with assaulting ex-girlfriend - Sen... (Sep '09) 22 hr Jtn 73
Numbers of homeless increase in region Sun Tammy from Miami 10
Looking to move to Fitchburg Sun Tranny from Miami 17
Drug disposal effort gets billboard boost Sep 13 Tammy from Miami 1
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••