Leominster has some of the most hazardous roadways in the region - ...

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

There are plenty of crossroads to danger in North Central Massachusetts, and they're not always in the places you'd expect.
Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Oct 27, 2013

Since: Apr 09

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2010

Enforcement of the traffic laws would help.
madd finn

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2010

they should install a round about surrounding the entire city of Fitchburg. jk
commuter

Lunenburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2010

People should learn what right on red really means.
Mary Goround

Princeton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2010

They should also learn what rotary/roundabout traffic rules are, and it's not "who gets there first". Trafic on the rotary always has the right-of-way.
Seriously

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2010

madd finn wrote:
they should install a round about surrounding the entire city of Fitchburg. jk
I think it's 'roundabout' time you stopped trashing our city! Keep yourself and your opinions in Worcester!
Wondering

Winchendon, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2010

Enforcement would be nice, but I understand that cuts to public services mean fewer officers/cars on the street. One thing that would be cheap to remedy is a few left turn arrows. There are intersections in Leominster where you have a protected left turn (Monument Sguare - following Rt 12 S, and King's Corner to name two) but you have no way of knowing that you have the right of way. If you yield, like you're supposed to, you waste precious seconds and the locals behind you honk and call you names...
Leominster Driver

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2010

It might help a great deal also if people would learn to use this little feature that comes standard with any new or used car that is located just to the left of the steering wheel called a directional signal/blinker.

On a side note I can think of a few intersections in Leominster that you literally take your life in your own hands. One being Pond & West Street, Washington & West Street, Main & Hamilton Street, and Central & Willard Street, but they're finally working on that one so we'll see.(I haven't looked at a list to see what intersections made the cut, these are just ones I thought of off hand) But of the ones mentioned, it's close your eyes and GO and pray you don't get hit.
AZCit

Sierra Vista, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2010

Living and spending much time in England, it is about time this country started using rounabouts! No cost of signal lights and much safer. Of couse rules must be followed. England has large, small, very small, double, triple, etc roundabouts! Takes a bit of getting used to but they work. Can be used on 2 lane roads and 4 lane roads. A lot cheaper to install with better results. We only have one near where I live, and it works. Cheers.
Since you know

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2010

Luther Manning wrote:
Enforcement of the traffic laws would help.
ENFORCE traffic laws?
Oh great!... Then we will have to read all the posts on how "honest, hard working citizens are ticketed and harrassed by the police!
Captain Obvious

Marlborough, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2010

I wonder how many points they assighned for someone commiting suicide while hitting parked cars?

(Gardner MA)
avoiding potholes

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2010

I have to admit my driving could be better. I am just too busy swerving away from all the potholes. If people don't like the way I drive, get off the sidewalk!!
Open your eyes

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2010

Leominster Driver wrote:
On a side note I can think of a few intersections in Leominster that you literally take your life in your own hands. One being Pond & West Street, Washington & West Street, Main & Hamilton Street, and Central & Willard Street, but they're finally working on that one so we'll see.(I haven't looked at a list to see what intersections made the cut, these are just ones I thought of off hand) But of the ones mentioned, it's close your eyes and GO and pray you don't get hit.
I drive those streets you listed on a daily basis and I've never had a problem. Maybe you should open your eyes and learn how to drive. Or start taking the bus.
Lynch for State Senate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2010

Judged:

Driving laws need to be enforced but at the same time roads need to be repaired. It bothers me when roads are torn up and remain torn up for weeks.

Our cars are damaged by the lips left where it joins the old road. If elected State Senator I will propose a law that guarantees that these construction firms are more adequate in their timing and these lips are mandated to be leveled onto the old road so that cars are not damaged.

Remember to write in my name and address as you go to the voting booth. Kevin Lynch, 48 Cedar St. Fitchburg Ma. I am running as an independant. I will be passing out stickers with some volunteers but please make sure if you do not receive a sticker to write my name and address in the designated box. Thank you.

This is my first campaign as I am tired of watching our elected officials sitting around and going with the flow of their party. I will be setting up a website this week.It is time for real change; change that you will see imediately. I will focus on job creation and reinvention.

Since: Feb 09

Lunenburg

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2010

avoiding potholes wrote:
I have to admit my driving could be better. I am just too busy swerving away from all the potholes. If people don't like the way I drive, get off the sidewalk!!
ha ha, that's funny!!!

side note, lunenburg needs help too. intersection at goodrich and lancaster ave had yet another accident saturday. seems like it's daily. a 4 way stop would be best. not too long ago, they put a 4 way stop sign at the intersection of fish st & lincoln st. not sure why, never saw any accidents there???
Celia

Shirley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2010

40 min ago Leominster Driver wrote:

I drive those streets you listed on a daily basis and I've never had a problem. Maybe you should open your eyes and learn how to drive. Or start taking the bus.
Open your eyes wrote:
<quoted text>I drive those streets you listed on a daily basis and I've never had a problem. Maybe you should open your eyes and learn how to drive. Or start taking the bus.
I think you're missing the point. Most of us are ABLE to drive these streets without an issue however try taking either a left hand turn from Pond Street onto West Street or a left turn from Washington Street onto West Street during peak traffic hours and both are a nightmare. How about the intersection of Main and Hamilton. Ever tried to take a left from Main St. onto Hamilton St. at that intersection? Yes it can be done, but it is dangerous!!
independent

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2010

Judged:

Lynch for State Senate wrote:
Driving laws need to be enforced but at the same time roads need to be repaired. It bothers me when roads are torn up and remain torn up for weeks.
Our cars are damaged by the lips left where it joins the old road. If elected State Senator I will propose a law that guarantees that these construction firms are more adequate in their timing and these lips are mandated to be leveled onto the old road so that cars are not damaged.
Remember to write in my name and address as you go to the voting booth. Kevin Lynch, 48 Cedar St. Fitchburg Ma. I am running as an independant. I will be passing out stickers with some volunteers but please make sure if you do not receive a sticker to write my name and address in the designated box. Thank you.
This is my first campaign as I am tired of watching our elected officials sitting around and going with the flow of their party. I will be setting up a website this week.It is time for real change; change that you will see imediately. I will focus on job creation and reinvention.
It's INDEPENDENT, I believe, for starters....
Stamy look further back

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Lynch for State Senate wrote:
Stamos, you need to look further back to find the post where an FPD member posted my address with a threat. I will prove this beyond a reasonable doubt.

You and I both know where that post is don't we? It is still here but you need to search back a bit. Do you want me to scan the post and send it to you?
Cheryl45

Buzzards Bay, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Stamy look further back wrote:
<quoted text>
Stamos, you need to look further back to find the post where an FPD member posted my address with a threat. I will prove this beyond a reasonable doubt.
You and I both know where that post is don't we? It is still here but you need to search back a bit. Do you want me to scan the post and send it to you?
You were the one who posted your own address, you halfwit!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fitchburg Discussions

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
FHS cohort attends leadership conference 4 hr Jtn 3
a holes 8 hr Sonny 12
Police: Shots fired into Fitchburg home Mon Sonny 2
Fitchburg neighbors come together for yearly co... Sun ken 7
Developer sees retail center at Pelletier's Jul 27 Joe Underbridge 3
Arthur T. Demoulas makes offer to buy Market Ba... Jul 27 Joe L Kaddie 3
How to get hot babes Jul 27 Joe Underbridge 3
•••
•••