Cop injured in freak accident gets $4.8M

Full story: Newsday.com

A former Suffolk County police officer who was paralyzed in an all-terrain vehicle accident while taking a shortcut on a Fire Island beach as his shift ended has been awarded a $14.8-million cash settlement.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 29 of29
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Sharkey

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2006

Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
[I,m a business man}
Amway or Quickstar?
Jim ,prior to you taking the civil service test,did you work at Dunkin Dounuts or were you a laboror shoveling shit on a comnstruction site?
brugrats

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2006

Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
[I,m a business man}
Amway or Quickstar?
Dunkin donut or krispy kreme?
slobs_and_robber s

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

whateva wrote:
<quoted text>Emergency vehicles are allowed to take red lights or even make a u-turn where a sign is posted no u-turn, yes disobeying traffic signals. Are you jealous that cops can do this or do you just hate cops? When you walk into a store, the employees at the store pretty much have free reign to walk in and out of anyplace they want in the store, right? Not you. It's not your store so YOU have to follow the rules in the store, not the employee. Well, to a cop on patrol, the neighborhood he works in is his/her store and has free reign to go whereever they please. They have the right to get to anywhere they want, even if it means taking a red light or disobeying traffic signs because they are at work in their store.
You are a moron. I'm not talking about the cops on a call, I'm talking about the cops who turn on their lights just to get to the precinct faster. As far as your terrible store analogy ... just because you are an employee at the local supermarket doesn't mean that you have free reign to play in the trash compactor. Use your head.
whateva

Haledon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2006

slobs_and_robbers wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a moron. I'm not talking about the cops on a call, I'm talking about the cops who turn on their lights just to get to the precinct faster. As far as your terrible store analogy ... just because you are an employee at the local supermarket doesn't mean that you have free reign to play in the trash compactor. Use your head.
What do you care if they put their lights on just to get to the precinct faster?! And how do you know if they are on a call or not?!! Unless you have a police scanner and know about every call that goes over the radio, I guess you're the moron who thinks he knows it all.....trash compactor???? WTF!!!!!
Sharkey

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2006

whateva wrote:
<quoted text>What do you care if they put their lights on just to get to the precinct faster?! And how do you know if they are on a call or not?!! Unless you have a police scanner and know about every call that goes over the radio, I guess you're the moron who thinks he knows it all.....trash compactor???? WTF!!!!!
The low men on the totem pole need perks for doing the dirty work for thier "gang".Its often funny how the code 3 winds up at the local volunteer fire department
slobs_and_robber s

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2006

whateva wrote:
<quoted text>What do you care if they put their lights on just to get to the precinct faster?! And how do you know if they are on a call or not?!! Unless you have a police scanner and know about every call that goes over the radio, I guess you're the moron who thinks he knows it all.....trash compactor???? WTF!!!!!
I live as close to a precinct as a civilian can, thats how I know genius. And I care because, if you read the crux of this particular forum, you would realize that stupid mistakes by idiot cops costs US!!! Thats why.
whateva

Haledon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2006

slobs_and_robbers wrote:
<quoted text>
I live as close to a precinct as a civilian can, thats how I know genius. And I care because, if you read the crux of this particular forum, you would realize that stupid mistakes by idiot cops costs US!!! Thats why.
Do you know all the details of the incident? Were you at the trial? Probably not, so you don't know the details of what happened, only what you read about in the papers genius. Did you ever think it wasn't the cops fault? Mayb some ATV defect or something else? Obviously the courts saw something other than negligence on behalf of the cop t award him all tha money. By the way did your taxes go up because of this? Stop cryin......I guess you sit staring outside your window looking at the precinct you live so close to, wishing you were on the other side......
brugrats

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2006

whateva wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know all the details of the incident? Were you at the trial? Probably not, so you don't know the details of what happened, only what you read about in the papers genius. Did you ever think it wasn't the cops fault? Mayb some ATV defect or something else? Obviously the courts saw something other than negligence on behalf of the cop t award him all tha money. By the way did your taxes go up because of this? Stop cryin......I guess you sit staring outside your window looking at the precinct you live so close to, wishing you were on the other side......
i wish i was watching out the window to see a plane take out that precinct!
whateva_is_a_los er

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2006

whateva wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know all the details of the incident? Were you at the trial? Probably not, so you don't know the details of what happened, only what you read about in the papers genius. Did you ever think it wasn't the cops fault? Mayb some ATV defect or something else? Obviously the courts saw something other than negligence on behalf of the cop t award him all tha money. By the way did your taxes go up because of this? Stop cryin......I guess you sit staring outside your window looking at the precinct you live so close to, wishing you were on the other side......
I'll ask you again, which badge number are you screwing?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 29 of29
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fire Island Discussions

Search the Fire Island Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) 1 hr Tony 1,293
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Libs killed NY-Ca-Detroit 6,320
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 7 hr positronium 6,317
Mastic Beach man charged in wife's fatal stabbing (Dec '08) 8 hr pat 30
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Wed Habanero Harv 16,760
Body found in North Bay Shore (Aug '08) Tue Itty my 14
Islip's code enforcer is out (Feb '07) Jul 8 Jill 29
•••
•••
•••
Fire Island Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Fire Island Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000