Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York in 2010?

Posted in the Fire Island Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 6,377 Comments Last updated Aug 1, 2014
First Prev
of 319
Next Last
Truth

New York, NY

#2 Oct 11, 2010
Gillibrand is a puppet for Schumer. She absolutely has had her mind taken over by him.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
oops

AOL

#4 Oct 11, 2010
schumer is corrupt,
gillibrand is schumers puppet

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
are u crazy

AOL

#5 Oct 11, 2010
Schumer best choice wrote:
Charles Schumer has been a great advocate for the North Country. I have read a lot about Sen. Schumer and he seems to be for the middle class. I admire him.
Schumers done nothing for upstate ny, it's all about the city. If you live in the north country and vote for schumer or gillibrand i would cut my own throat.
right now schumer is trying to build a 8 billion dollar tunnel to ny city with your tax dollars. Will this help you up in the north country

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Carl Paladino

Albany, NY

#6 Oct 11, 2010
A vote to defeat the Obama agenda and to repeal Obamakare!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#7 Oct 11, 2010
Republican is getting my vote! The DEMS have RUINED NEW YORK! KILL THE UNIONS!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TruthHurts

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Oct 11, 2010
Gillibrand was independent before she took office, now she is just another reliable liberal vote in Washhington. She needs to go.
FFS

Sayre, PA

#9 Oct 11, 2010
West Coast Rapper wrote:
Without Unions EVERY job in NY would now be overseas!

The republican plan.........move overseas to avoid taxes!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“"SUPERIOR WHITE POWER"”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#10 Oct 11, 2010
I am voting for everyone that is running against the incumbents.. and next voting season I will do the same thing again. Then we'll see who is part of the good ole boys, and vote them out at the next election!!..
Paul

Buffalo, NY

#11 Oct 11, 2010
It's time

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#12 Oct 11, 2010
No one! I am leaving New York for life!
RFD

Camden, ME

#13 Oct 12, 2010
are u crazy wrote:
<quoted text> Schumers done nothing for upstate ny, it's all about the city. If you live in the north country and vote for schumer or gillibrand i would cut my own throat.
right now schumer is trying to build a 8 billion dollar tunnel to ny city with your tax dollars. Will this help you up in the north country
Your comments are ridiculous. The Greater NYC area has half the population of the state. It is a center of wealth and they pay their share of the tax burden. When the state was dominated by upstate politicians, we, in rural upstate NY were building new schools while NYC schools built at the turn of the century are still being used. Where do you think at least half of the money for rural state roads comes from?
RFD

Camden, ME

#14 Oct 12, 2010
Carl Paladino wrote:
A vote to defeat the Obama agenda and to repeal Obamakare!
Why don't you tell us more about your Republican moral values, like how many state contracts Paladino got, or it is not moral to cheat on your wife.LOL
RFD

Camden, ME

#15 Oct 12, 2010
West Coast Rapper wrote:
Yep those nasty unions. All they did for us was to provide a 40 hour work week, paid vacations, a tolerable living wage, ridding us of child labor exploitation, safer and better working conditions and I could go on.
I might suggest, that is if you are capable of comprehension, that you read a few chapters of a book by John Spargo called "The Bitter Cry of Children". Now to make it easier for the likes of you, you don't have to read the whole book, most chapters are 3 or 4 pages long, detailing the ordeals children went through as part of the work force. Don't know where to get the book? Try the Mid York Library. You do know what a library is, don't you?
sammer

Rome, NY

#16 Oct 12, 2010
With all the negative campaigning,
none of them are fit to hold office.
they have created a hostile environment and that is not a good way to vote....
Robert

Hackensack, NJ

#17 Oct 12, 2010
I am tiered of liars I've been a traditional Democrat thats now Disabled and now is on S.S.D.that can Expect no cost of living increse now I must choose between going to my medical apointments and taking Public tranportation in New York City fares are going up aging this year but my S.S.D. isn't thanks alot Obama yet the bankers that you gave our money too are giving each other raises all the time but they can aford a limo and they caused this big fiscal problem . No More Democratic party for me Hello Republican.

“don't forget to have fun today”

Since: Mar 10

Cicero, NY

#18 Oct 12, 2010
I do not believe our current senators represent New York. I believe they represent the Democrat party and the president. The president does not need representation in the Senate, we do!

Cicero, NY

#19 Oct 12, 2010
RFD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep those nasty unions. All they did for us was to provide a 40 hour work week, paid vacations, a tolerable living wage, ridding us of child labor exploitation, safer and better working conditions and I could go on.
I might suggest, that is if you are capable of comprehension, that you read a few chapters of a book by John Spargo called "The Bitter Cry of Children". Now to make it easier for the likes of you, you don't have to read the whole book, most chapters are 3 or 4 pages long, detailing the ordeals children went through as part of the work force. Don't know where to get the book? Try the Mid York Library. You do know what a library is, don't you?
The unions were great back when work conditions were intolerable! That's the reason they were formed, but unions have become their own worse enemies and has made labor in the US so expensive, that companies have outsourced to cheaper labor intensive countries.

Unions have their place, but in many cases, they have overstepped their original intent and place. Unions should not be running the countries government through their paid politicians!
former student

Massena, NY

#20 Oct 12, 2010
Hey Robert, be careful what you wish for. Without the Democrats the very programs that are helping you would be eliminated by the Republicans. FYI, neither the Republicans or Democrats have any control of the COLA. The mechanism for determining the COLA was passed long ago.

Cicero, NY

#21 Oct 12, 2010
I received an e-mail from Organizing for America calling for support of Senator Gillibrand. I quote, "talk about the work she is doing to help further the Obama's agenda ..."

Senator Gillibrand's job is to represent New York, not President Obama! It doesn't matter whether you support President Obama or not. What's important here is whether we, New York has a voice in the Senate. With Ms. Gillibrand (and Mr. Schumer) we do not.

If someone does not do their job, they need to be fired. Ms. Gillibrand is NOT doing her job!
Andrew not the Man

Albany, NY

#22 Oct 12, 2010
All the incumbents needs to go. They are not the solution, they are the problem

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 319
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police: Mastic Beach woman, Julieann Klopfer, d... 1 hr hoodo 5
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 9 hr Figo01 441
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 20 hr Who are trying to... 6,413
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Mon Vee 1,338
Gay Friendly Sayville? Aug 30 Uncle Reamus 2
Review: Ilopango Restaurant Aug 29 james 1
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Aug 29 Lol 16,779
•••

Air Quality Alert for Suffolk County was issued at September 02 at 10:14AM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Fire Island Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fire Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE