Two South Shore bridges under constan...

Two South Shore bridges under constant watch -

There are 28 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 22, 2007, titled Two South Shore bridges under constant watch -. In it, Newsday reports that:

Tucked beneath the water on the foundations of two South Shore bridges, small, black cylinders bounce SONAR pulses off the sand every 30 minutes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bsb

Pompano Beach, FL

#23 Sep 23, 2007
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The people of Long Island are against the bridge b/c they are stupid. They think that by not doing it it keeps the Island secluded. Well hello. Also, we should take the politicians on the island and put them on one bridge and and hope they all drown in the water. Get rid of them they are all crooks.
The people of LI are agains the bridge because they like the North Shore beaches and all that goes with having a North shore. I remember when I was in my teens, many years ago, a very silly politician who was championing building a bridge to CT campaigned at Stehli (sp?) beach. The fool didn't realize that had he his way, we would all be enjoying the on ramp for his bridge!

Yes it would be convenient but the open land and beach access is much more important.
Richie

Hewitt, NJ

#24 Sep 23, 2007
Oh great... now TWO bridges on this parkway will be under constant construction
Beware the cluetard

Cresskill, NJ

#25 Sep 23, 2007
Udumbhole wrote:
<quoted text>I applaud you and hand you the DUMBHOLE award because U-R-A-DUMBHOLE
Get a life, cluetard.
unreal

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#27 Sep 24, 2007
I am glad they are keeping an eye on these bridges, how scary to hear that a contractor in a boat noticed the supports had come loose from the bridge. Whew, I cannot even imagine how that could have turned out had he not seen that.
JTI

Durham, NC

#28 Sep 24, 2007
Mary D wrote:
I meant to say "NIMBY" - Not-in-my-backyard
Mary,
Do you have niece by the same name?
The Angel

New York, NY

#29 Sep 24, 2007
YEA THEY WILL BUILD A BRIDGE WHEN IT'S TOO LATE.
IF A MAJOR EMERGENCY HAPPENS ON LONG ISLAND. WE CAN'T GET OFF.
CLOSEST BRIDGE IS IN QUEENS
EvacRteandArteriesClogged wrote:
Speaking of bridges, when will they build a bridge to CT. The William Floyd or Seaford OB Pkwys. are both set up for it. Getting LI is a nightmare. The two ferry co.s are a rip off as well. Do they have so much political clout that they can block this?
Someone please hire Sentora's lawyer so he can get Chucky Schumer to write some letters.
bsb

Pompano Beach, FL

#30 Sep 24, 2007
The Angel wrote:
YEA THEY WILL BUILD A BRIDGE WHEN IT'S TOO LATE.
IF A MAJOR EMERGENCY HAPPENS ON LONG ISLAND. WE CAN'T GET OFF.
CLOSEST BRIDGE IS IN QUEENS <quoted text>
So, you advocate giving up a good portion of the North Shore--beaches, parks, trails, on the off chance that an emergency will occur and you'll have to evacuate. Pretty selfish. Why don't we just fill in the LI Sound and connect directly to CT-makes just as much sense.
The Angel

New York, NY

#31 Sep 27, 2007
when you live here then i would listen to your comments
bsb wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you advocate giving up a good portion of the North Shore--beaches, parks, trails, on the off chance that an emergency will occur and you'll have to evacuate. Pretty selfish. Why don't we just fill in the LI Sound and connect directly to CT-makes just as much sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Thu Johnny 1,523
Sex offenders west sayville Wed Craig 4
Moving To Patchogue ? (Oct '14) Tue Only The Loony 16
Review: Face Off Racing (Feb '10) Feb 20 nunya 221
News Bay Shore parking meter program takes in nearly... Feb 14 right on 9
News 3rd suspect in murder of 2 men found dismembered (Aug '08) Feb 11 Tortuga 185
News In Speech, Trump Took Aim at MS-13. Why? Feb 6 Red Crosse 19

Fire Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fire Island Mortgages