New Fishing Pier Debuts at Smith Poin...

New Fishing Pier Debuts at Smith Point Park

There are 33 comments on the Long Island Press story from Dec 5, 2010, titled New Fishing Pier Debuts at Smith Point Park. In it, Long Island Press reports that:

A new fishing pier was unveiled Sunday at Smith Point County Park along with $5.2 million in repairs and upgrades to the 1,220-foot William Floyd Parkway drawbridge connecting Mastic Beach and the park on the eastern end of Fire Island.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Island Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
let the corRuption begin

Trenton, NJ

#22 Dec 19, 2010
Village Planner wrote:
Funny, I saw the same sign, it does not say that. You must be confusing that with the Historic Shamlet of Smith Point signs that are littering the parkway.
no, the big green sign on WFP by Havenwood. It says....
Welcome to Historic Mastic Beach Village.
yeah, great "history", it's been a historic village for what, one month?
Historic Society

Miller Place, NY

#23 Dec 19, 2010
let the corRuption begin wrote:
<quoted text>no, the big green sign on WFP by Havenwood. It says....
Welcome to Historic Mastic Beach Village.
yeah, great "history", it's been a historic village for what, one month?
Mastic Beach has a very long history, what other place can you think of that has had trailer park trash for such a long time? That's historic, isn't it?
its all trash

Trenton, NJ

#24 Dec 19, 2010
Historic Society wrote:
<quoted text>
Mastic Beach has a very long history, what other place can you think of that has had trailer park trash for such a long time? That's historic, isn't it?
thats not because of mastic beach, that's the ENTIRE SOUTH SHORE!! Mastic beach, hamptons, 5 towns, your ALL south shore. To me it's all trash!
Historic Society

Miller Place, NY

#25 Dec 19, 2010
its all trash wrote:
<quoted text>thats not because of mastic beach, that's the ENTIRE SOUTH SHORE!! Mastic beach, hamptons, 5 towns, your ALL south shore. To me it's all trash!
What do you expect with no side walks or a sewer system? These areas are the land that time forgot.
Patchogue Sam

Bronx, NY

#26 Dec 22, 2010
This fishing pier is a nightmare, all illegals fishing not one white person has been spotted fishing in Mastic or Shirley.

All Chinese, Koreans, Mexicans, Dominicans, The Guats, Porto and blacks only fish at the pier for their dinners.
Really

Bridgeport, CT

#27 Dec 22, 2010
Patchogue Sam wrote:
This fishing pier is a nightmare, all illegals fishing not one white person has been spotted fishing in Mastic or Shirley.
All Chinese, Koreans, Mexicans, Dominicans, The Guats, Porto and blacks only fish at the pier for their dinners.
You are a waste of time.
William Morgan

Bronx, NY

#28 Dec 22, 2010
Hey, I am from Shirley. That pier is home to all my Home BoyZ. I pick up drugs, crack, crank, Oxy, Vidoden, Heroin, needele at that Pier.

Just give a brother a chance wrong way Bill Morgan from Shirley was quoted.
Really

Bridgeport, CT

#29 Dec 22, 2010
Yeah, he got arrested....good! Why do you proceed to paint us all with the same brush?

You are unproductive, probably on SSI, and all you have to do all day is try to bring others down to your level. And what's up with all your racial bias? Did anyone ever harm you?
Crack Pier

Bronx, NY

#30 Dec 24, 2010
The crack Pier from Hell this is going to be. Loaded with illegal immigrants from all over Shirley and Mastic.

Great place to score drugs, or meet a sex offenders at this pier. Way to go Mastic your #1 in Ghetto trash again.
sex offender

Miller Place, NY

#31 Dec 24, 2010
Can I show my worm at the fishing pier?
Really

Bridgeport, CT

#32 Dec 25, 2010
sex offender wrote:
Can I show my worm at the fishing pier?
Hey Mel, I know you don't celebrate Christmas....but Happy New Year to you. Why don't you make a resolution to adopt another area, instead of Shirley, Mastic and Mastic Beach. Since you seem to think we are beyond help, go help someplace that can benefit from your incomparable wit. Try your own neighborhood.
J-DUBB

Brooklyn, NY

#33 May 26, 2012
Joseph Brewer wrote:
This place is always packed with Mexicans and Blacks.
TO BAD CHUMP
Evan Politico

Bronx, NY

#34 May 28, 2012
You Two Yo !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islip IDA proposes tax breaks to keep 3 busines... 1 hr stand up 9
News Two top Islip Town officials resign; one to tak... (Sep '15) 1 hr stand up 9
News Islip Town board member eyes Assembly run 4 hr get real 9
News Islip approves capital budget to help ambulance... 4 hr get real 12
News Man busted for burgarly spree in Smithtown (Mar '07) 16 hr GOP 33
News 41 undocumented immigrants arrested in NY amid ... Wed spytheweb 25
News Islip awards contract to refill parts of Robert... Feb 21 one last shot 34

Fire Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fire Island Mortgages