West Islip Little League Cleans Up Fields Flooded By Sandy

Mar 18, 2013 Full story: patch.com 7

The following post was submitted by West Islip Little League. On Saturday March 16, more than 50 parent and children volunteers assembled at the West Islip Beach fields to begin the cleanup of the fields and complex, which was severely damaged by Hurricane Sandy.

Full Story
Toddio

West Islip, NY

#1 Mar 18, 2013
I'll bet Alcus submitted an insurance claim for everything the league lost before the Sandy's rain stopped. I'll bet the insurance claim is for alot of stuff the league didn't lose in the storm too.
Crook of crooks.
frustration

West Babylon, NY

#2 Mar 18, 2013
Wow, you have a real problem. Maybe if you did something positive with your life you wouldn't be so full of hate. Hurricane Sandy hurt the community and I cannot believe you would sling your hate even after such an event. Go volunteer this weekend and you could see for yourself the damage. This is the smut in town that ruins it for the good. Disgraceful.
kevin

West Islip, NY

#3 Mar 19, 2013
frustration wrote:
Wow, you have a real problem. Maybe if you did something positive with your life you wouldn't be so full of hate. Hurricane Sandy hurt the community and I cannot believe you would sling your hate even after such an event. Go volunteer this weekend and you could see for yourself the damage. This is the smut in town that ruins it for the good. Disgraceful.
guess you got a team from Jim this year huh?
he hasn't had hid own kid play in the league in over 10 yrs why won't he step aside and let someone else take the league in a new direction? because of the $$$$$. hurry up and rebuild the shack for him b/c it makes a lot of CASH with no way to trace it. smut that ruins this town is a perfect way to put it. open your eyes
same old

West Babylon, NY

#4 Mar 25, 2013
kevin wrote:
<quoted text>
guess you got a team from Jim this year huh?
he hasn't had hid own kid play in the league in over 10 yrs why won't he step aside and let someone else take the league in a new direction? because of the $$$$$. hurry up and rebuild the shack for him b/c it makes a lot of CASH with no way to trace it. smut that ruins this town is a perfect way to put it. open your eyes
One of the fools in town. So the only way you can do anything for a town that you live in is have a kid..can't just volunteer because you want to help? Always a reason for it. That is the reason for many but not for all. No i didn't get a team, I just know that He does do good for the league. He volunteers for a special team and gives back. But to try to talk to people who have grudges for some reason won't work. You probably did something wrong and didn't like the response because if you really knew jim you would not think the things you write. same old same old negativity in wi as usual. I am sure you go down on saturdays to help get fields ready after all of the damage...not.
Kevin

West Islip, NY

#5 Mar 25, 2013
same old wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the fools in town. So the only way you can do anything for a town that you live in is have a kid..can't just volunteer because you want to help? Always a reason for it. That is the reason for many but not for all. No i didn't get a team, I just know that He does do good for the league. He volunteers for a special team and gives back. But to try to talk to people who have grudges for some reason won't work. You probably did something wrong and didn't like the response because if you really knew jim you would not think the things you write. same old same old negativity in wi as usual. I am sure you go down on saturdays to help get fields ready after all of the damage...not.
Actually I'm helping my neighbors rebuild the home that they completely lost to Sandy. I help them on Saturdays, Sundays and when I can during my work week. I won't send my picture or my story into the Patch b/c I don't want or need the pat on the back like you clowns do. I help my neighbor b/c it's the right thing to do not b/c I want people to say I'm a nice guy.
It's called the Challenger League that ^special team^ you put a crown on Jims head for. Shows how much you know about your Saint Jim cause the Challenger League wasn't his idea and Jim only went with it for the publicity for himself when he was running for public office. Take a quarter out of your kids piggy bank and buy yourself a clue. Take 50 cents more and buy yourself a brain cell. You're embarassing.
THE KayFIX

Bay Shore, NY

#6 Apr 12, 2013
same old wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the fools in town. So the only way you can do anything for a town that you live in is have a kid..can't just volunteer because you want to help? Always a reason for it. That is the reason for many but not for all. No i didn't get a team, I just know that He does do good for the league. He volunteers for a special team and gives back. But to try to talk to people who have grudges for some reason won't work. You probably did something wrong and didn't like the response because if you really knew jim you would not think the things you write. same old same old negativity in wi as usual. I am sure you go down on saturdays to help get fields ready after all of the damage...not.
We leave the shack off the little league bookkeeping because then it might get commingled with the player fees and would be harder to get our fair take. Alcus and gang only take what is fair. They only make five thousand a week off shack. After you take cost of the goods from Costco out of that you are really only left with a few thousand. Split a few ways it is really not much for running challenger league which isnt easy. Please give us some ideas for using the insurance claim proceeds. All ideas welcome.
jim

West Islip, NY

#7 Apr 12, 2013
THE KayFIX wrote:
<quoted text>
We leave the shack off the little league bookkeeping because then it might get commingled with the player fees and would be harder to get our fair take. Alcus and gang only take what is fair. They only make five thousand a week off shack. After you take cost of the goods from Costco out of that you are really only left with a few thousand. Split a few ways it is really not much for running challenger league which isnt easy. Please give us some ideas for using the insurance claim proceeds. All ideas welcome.
Well, we uhh they could use the shack cash to pay for all hotel rooms @ the Huntington Hilton where we uhh they stay for the champion breakfast. We uhh they usually use the $ from the breakfast ticket sales. I love the champion breakfast cause we uhhh they take in so much $CASH$ selling all the raffles tickets and the 50/50 is just more cream on the top of our uhhhh their take. It's a great untracable cash maker for all of us uhhhh them especially around the holidays and all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Complaints against CPS, Supervising Judge David... (Dec '09) Tue karen 57
Review: Fairharbor Owners Mar 1 moving soon 2
Angie Carpenter to take $77,000 pension on top ... Mar 1 Southold Resident 11
DEC Approves Cleanup Plan for Roberto Clemente ... Mar 1 Independent Voter 13
Brentwood,Long Island, New York (Apr '06) Mar 1 tim 1,136
Father & Son Arrested for Scamming Great Neck P... Feb 28 bud wise errrrrrr 1
freeee money ! Feb 27 bozrr 1

Winter Storm Warning for Suffolk County was issued at March 04 at 12:02PM EST

Fire Island Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Fire Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:02 am PST

ESPN 9:02AM
Hernandez trial: Florida shooting off limits
Bleacher Report 9:20 AM
Spiller Is Ideal McCoy Replacement for Eagles
Bleacher Report 9:42 AM
Cruz Will Be at OTAs, Won't Participate
Bleacher Report 9:58 AM
Kelly Adds 9th Ducks Player to Eagles Roster
Bleacher Report10:49 AM
Can Eagles Still Deal for Marcus Mariota in Draft Without McCoy as Trade Bait?