Blaze Destroys Buildings on Fire Island

Blaze Destroys Buildings on Fire Island

There are 2 comments on the WNYC-AM New York story from Nov 15, 2011, titled Blaze Destroys Buildings on Fire Island. In it, WNYC-AM New York reports that:

Personnel from 28 local volunteer fire departments are working to put out fires in a Fire Island community more than 14 hours after the blazes were first reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WNYC-AM New York.

Kate Browning

Bellmore, NY

#1 Nov 16, 2011
I heard this was a disaster and total chaos by the fire departments. This is why we need paid full time Fire Distracts around Long island. We not have a bunch of inexperience fire fighters who rarely get a fire to respond to or real emergency. We need full time paid departments, and professionals, this slow response time will cost life's and property.
Iarteirishman dot com

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Nov 16, 2011
hod on to ya zipper there lady,no one gives a rats a$$ what burned there,a good station club fire would of been better that what did happen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) 7 hr mack 1,426
News Golf course manager faces charges of bill fraud (Dec '07) Sep 26 Fedup 25
News 3rd suspect in murder of 2 men found dismembered (Aug '08) Sep 16 Dindu 183
Old Brentwood (Dec '10) Sep 16 Van Buren St Guy 6
News L.I. Taxpayers Pay For Fire Districts' Fun Times (Jul '07) Sep 15 Psquich 5
News Schools do the math (Dec '06) Sep 15 DONT GIVE HIM CASH 29
News Ex-Islip Town commissioner, assistant fire mars... Sep 15 nice going trish 8

Fire Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fire Island Mortgages