Babs

Mesa, AZ

#1136 Jun 18, 2012
Deb wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow... thanks for the memories. I remember a Vinny T from back when... wonder if you're the same one.
Yes Vinny there was JEWS living in Brentwood,we lived there from 1960-1972 on 2nd street! I loveTony the bungalow bar ice cream man.
Does anyone remember Skippy the school bus driver?(My MOM)Seemed every where we went they knew her.Anyone remember the name RUSSO?
Monika

Tallahassee, FL

#1137 Jun 20, 2012
I lived in Brentwood in the late 1950's early 1960's. My parents built a small cape code style house on 1 1/4 acres. I remember there was a potatoe farm nearby and a large paved parking area where I learned to ride a bicycle. I used to ride my bike up Hilltop Dr. to the "Perno's" house. The were acres of woods where we built forts and searched for Lady Slippers. We moved to Georgia in 1964 and I have never been back. I often wonder if the house is still there.
Ken Whelan

Brooklyn, NY

#1138 Jun 21, 2012
Anyone remember Will or Tom Simmons from, I think, Sherman street? Know where they are? Need to know!
Denise

Endicott, NY

#1139 Jul 3, 2012
Barbara wrote:
Brian McGovern and Steve Downey.. I was not from Brentwood but would practically walk there to hang with those guys.. and ED too..( why cant I remember his last name)
Ed's Last name was McLaughlin
Denise

Endicott, NY

#1140 Jul 4, 2012
Babs wrote:
Any one out there lived near 2nd street in Brentwood? I lived there from 1960-1972 and will it always be my home town.I never lost my accent and as soon as I open my mouth they ask me what part of NY am I from! Who remembers the old man selling candy out of his house,we called him the candy man? Talk about how trustful and innocent we were back then.Going to a strange old man's house in a wooded area by our self to buy candy.WOW try that these day he would be arrested.
Oh my gosh I lived there from 1963-1988 and i still get that question everytime I open my mouth. I now live in Virginia and visit my retired Parents here upstate NY. Everytime I go back home to Virginia everyone knows I have been around my NY family. LOL

Oh that candy man...somehow I do remember that vaguely...yes he would get arrested and today we would probably get killed. LOL :/
Donna Marie

Tulsa, OK

#1141 Jul 8, 2012
Hey --anyone remember the school nurse at St Anne's? Ms Meyers was her name--If anyone knows her whereabouts- please let me know. Also Ms Shershoff from Brentwood elementary school. THX
Robert

New York, NY

#1142 Jul 11, 2012
Anybody remember the Sustrin twins?. They were kindegarten teachers.
Robert

New York, NY

#1143 Jul 11, 2012
Sev wrote:
Moved out 1/2011 after 42 years in Brentwood. Didint move too far,(West Islip) What a difference a few miles make. Graduated from Ross in 1986, and had a great childhood in Brentwood, such a diverse community, not like today.
It was diverse. It was a true slice of America. A little slice of everything, not the dump it is today.
Michelle

Washington, NC

#1144 Jul 27, 2012
Lexy wrote:
Hilltop Lane, Candlewood Road, Commack Road, Spur Drive north and south.
Anyone remember Charlies Hotdogs on Spur drive, right after Islip avenue??? Had the truck in front of his house. I think Hess was the gas station on the corner.
Charlies was actually there until ~1999.
Mick

Naples, FL

#1145 Sep 20, 2012
Anyone know Donna panebianco
mick

Lakeland, FL

#1146 Oct 10, 2012
Can anyone help me locate Donna Panebianco. She lived on Pandora St. Graduated in 1982
mick

Lakeland, FL

#1147 Oct 10, 2012
Can anyone help me locate Donna Panebianco. She lived on ;Pandora St. and gratuated in 1982.
Mick MandM

Lakeland, FL

#1148 Oct 10, 2012
Can anyhone help me locate Donna Panebianco. She lived ;on Pandora St. and graduated in l982. Mick
Mick MandM1

Lakeland, FL

#1149 Oct 10, 2012
Can anyone help me locate Donna Panebianco. She lived on Pandora St. and graduated in 1982.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#1150 Oct 10, 2012
Let me guess, you are looking for Donna Panebianco and she lived on Pandora St. and graduated in 1982?
Marmaduke

Glasgow, KY

#1151 Oct 12, 2012
Just more proof that Micks drink too much.
A friend

Kings Park, NY

#1152 Oct 20, 2012
earl wrote:
<quoted text>brian
How did Brian pass away?
Brentwood child

Hopewell, VA

#1153 Oct 30, 2012
I remember Brentwood so well. I lived there from 1959-1968; until age 11. My parents saw the way things were headed and moved us to Virginia. There are so many good memories, it's sad to hear the way it has changed. I lived on the corner of Madison ave and Wilson streets. I see from Google earth it is now a 2 story house. When we were there it was a little 3 bedroom rancher. When my folks bought it they only paid $14,000 for it! Hard to believe the houses are so expensive now. I remember going to St Annes Catholic church, getting pastries after church at the bakery downtown or at Entenmanns. I remember Pilgrim State Hospital. Anyone remember when Muhammed Ali came to town? He was still Cassius Clay back then. I remember him coming down Madison Ave and stopping near the reservoir and talking the now famous Muhammed Ali rhymes.
Those were the good old days!!
Buddhistchild196 7

Tampa, FL

#1154 Nov 11, 2012
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey I had Allgrove and Bisulca too which means we were classmates. Who are you ??:)
Hey, is this the famous Peter Schulze who moved away to Escondido, CA??
Pat

Aberdeen, MD

#1155 Nov 15, 2012
Lexy wrote:
LFP,
I went to Oak Park Elementary School!!
Those were the real good old days. I went
to South Junior High, and then to Ross.
You just got me thinking about alot of things from my childhood!!
Remember those carnival trucks that used to go up and down the streets, with those little spinning cars and you could ride for 25 cents??
Anyoen remember that??
I remember that. We used to live on Bruce Lane. I was just talking about that the other day. And Charlies hot dogs. My Dad used to take me and my brother there almost everyday he was off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Complaints against CPS, Supervising Judge David... (Dec '09) Dec 18 Scottu 56
Mother loses custody of daughters over 'House o... (Apr '07) Dec 14 Democracy 7
Looking for female american bulldog to breed with! (Jan '12) Dec 12 letelier 15
Patchogue a 'diamond in the rough' (Mar '07) Oct '14 ExLIer 97
Debate: Drinking Age - Fire Island, NY Jul '14 Peter Cheeks 2
Mosquito Spraying Scheduled for Fire Island Jul '14 fiddle fiddle 1
Smoking Ban Comes To Beaches At Cape Cod, Fire ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Dr Basim Elhabashy 3
Fire Island Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Fire Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fire Island News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fire Island

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:31 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:31PM
A Red Sox Fan's Christmas Wish List for 2015
Bleacher Report 8:10 PM
Breaking Down Giants Game Plan vs. Eagles
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
Bleacher Report 5:00 AM
Can't-Miss Picks and Matchup Guide
NFL 8:41 AM
Chip Kelly plans to evaluate Nick Foles in offseason