Closed: Peter's, Babylon; Tennessee Jack's, E.Islip

Dec 16, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newsday.com

Remember when Gordon Ramsay rode into Babylon on his white horse to save Peter's Restaurant and civilize its ill-tempered narcissistic owner? Now, Peter's joins the list of Ramsay alumni that have shut down.

Comments
1 - 20 of 57 Comments Last updated Sunday Jul 13
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2009

Judged:

You should be ashamed blaming Chef Ramsay. The restaurant was a total disaster and on it's last legs. They were fortunate that Chef Ramsay even stopped by. All of the restaurants that were visited were going to close anyway, and he gave them a fighting chance. This place was a total disaster in more ways than one. Put the blame where it belongs...on the owners!
Doug

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

Peter did not own the place. The poor sister did. He just milked it dry. He drove a nice car and had nice clothes and lived in a 1 bedroom dump apartment. The sister worked out at golds in WB and seemed nice.

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

A nice penne vodka would have solved all their problems.
NYY

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Tap San in LIC wrote:
A nice penne vodka would have solved all their problems.
and a good bottle of chanti to go along with the penne vodka
Jimmy Crack Corn

Roslyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

Gordon Ramsay! He traitored us to Alexis Beidel and those ilk. If Lauren Graham had just eated morsel two of the feeded stock in company, Pete opened still.

GET OFF FACEBOOK AND GET BACK TO WORK. If not, Gordon Ramsay, then who do the watusi on my porch with every Gossip Girl?
eewwww

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

The kid is a joke i remember him at WB HS a wannabe,He thinks he's a mobster hangin at the bar in the restaurant wearing sweat suites an a pinky ring smirken at all the customer's.He couldnt run a candy store.He would be better off as a shoe shine boy.
Danny D

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Judged:

Doug wrote:
Peter did not own the place. The poor sister did. He just milked it dry. He drove a nice car and had nice clothes and lived in a 1 bedroom dump apartment. The sister worked out at golds in WB and seemed nice.
There is no Golds in WB...That's what happens when you play telephone.
Doug

West Babylon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Judged:

Danny D wrote:
<quoted text>There is no Golds in WB...That's what happens when you play telephone.
sorry World gym...
ei king

Oakdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

Judged:

i see nite work going on on the building
i also seen a coke cola service truck there.
are yhey opening up again or cleaning houes out
i enjoyed take out food there b-4 & would go back
if re opened
Peter Blows Pigs

West Babylon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

Judged:

ei king wrote:
i see nite work going on on the building
i also seen a coke cola service truck there.
are yhey opening up again or cleaning houes out
i enjoyed take out food there b-4 & would go back
if re opened
The post office bought it and expanded in to the space
ei king

Oakdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2009

post office ?? i drove by yaterday,,they made it a bar again
dbest

Chesterfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Judged:

I feel sorry for the sister, but they LET that jerkoff Peter, get away with everything. Im watching the episode right now and I couldnt eat there because Peter would turn my stomach. Ugly, baffoon wannabe. Even the suits couldnt make him other than what he is - classless.
anonymous

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

Judged:

First of all Gordon Ramsay only gave them a make over and the ingredients and items that the restaurants needed to continue. He gave them a menu makeover like he normally does. He also remodels the the restaurants. Gordon also tries to motivate the chefs and owners but whatever they do to succeed is up to them. There is no way that you could blame Gordon for helping dumb people get out of hot water. Gordon is a god to these owners in need. If they want to strive and rise to the top, that's there choice.
Fan of Gordon Ramsey

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Judged:

They were damn lucky to have Gordon show up at all. The restaurant business is extremely competitive. If I owned a failing restaurant, I would embrace Gordon's help instead of debating it. But then, the episodes would be less interesting.
VoiceofReason

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

As long as they let Peter cross the threshold, that restaurant was destined to fail. What a jerk.
Karl Childers

Sparta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

I guarantee you the place would have survived if they had run the restaurant in the proper way. Sounds like Peter went back to his old ways.
GGGGGGG

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2011

Ok First of all I worked at Peters for a very short time. The place was DISGUSTING. The kitchen made me want to vomit! Not to mention there were cigarette butts all over the kitchen and rotten food everywhere. The place was doomed before Chef Ramsey got there. And can I just add...Angelo was such a douch bag!!!!!
Manager Man

Bayside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

I have managed a couple of places for more then ten years, one thing I can truly say is most or 99% of issues in a restaurant come directly from the owners. They either know nothing but think they know it all or they are way to nice and the staff take advantage. Gorden Ramsey gives you a recipe and you need to follow it, if you have any chance to succeed in this business. Just like food if you change the recipe it will change the taste of the food, but most times not for the better.
Joe

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

I ate at that place and got sick ,I will never eat in a place like that again
AEV

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

This I just a damn shame . Chef Ramsay tried to fix that place...too bad it closed. I hate to see failed businesses.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fire Island Discussions

Search the Fire Island Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 52 min Adam Wolff 6,369
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 22 hr Gravity Pete 670
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Mon cornholio 437
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Mon sdd 755
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Mon trs 16,778
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Mon land of the slaves 6,371
Suffolk County,N.Y. CPS,DSS (Oct '06) Jul 28 tommie dick 384
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fire Island Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fire Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE