Fire Islanders call for erosion solution, more police

Full story: Newsday

At their annual meeting Saturday, Fire Island residents voiced their desire for more police officers and expressed concern about beach erosion on the South Shore barrier island.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of40
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
drpt

Melville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

Judged:

let the faaags pay for it themselves.
jay

Fresh Meadows, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

Judged:

Schlomo wrote:
. 2 cops is a lie. I have seen more than 2 standing around in 1 spot this summer. SAve your axe to grind w/ Dormer and Levy for another subject.
When George Hesse and 4 other cops beat that idiot from the city who deserved the beating, that defeats the "only 2 police officers' argument.
Those were village cops - very small jurisdiction. SCPD covers the rest of Fire Island.
Sand in my shorts

Sayville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

Judged:

I like the idea that local residents of FI have- spend tons of money for upkeep, lots of money for police then don't let anyone come out here to our private reserve, unless gay, wealthy or politically connected.
Schlomo

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

Judged:

jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were village cops - very small jurisdiction. SCPD covers the rest of Fire Island.
Jay, I have been goign to F.I. for 20 years. Save your arrogant, know it all, I spent 2 summers commuting from Manhattan to F.I. attitude
Talph

New City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

They need to leave nature to do it's work before they endanger our main island. It's called a barrier beach for a reason. Frankly, all those houses should be removed so the barrier beach can operate within nature once again.

As to the animals interuppting their serenity, they can pay for more police themselves, Since the public isn't really welcome in these communities, they can fend for themselves.
Voice in the rabble

Miller Place, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

Judged:

The affluent few want to spend taxpayers money to "protect" a sandbar?! I am calling Obama! I think we need a special tax on the idiot wealthy who live on sandbars on the Atlantic Ocean.
OhWellSchitHappe ns

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

Let's all pray for a big hurricane this fall.
who cares

Oceanside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

OhWellSchitHappens wrote:
Let's all pray for a big hurricane this fall.
Hopefully it finds Levy and all of his goons!
when wil the lies end

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

Judged:

What could Levy have over Dormer that would have this man LIE to the public, press over and over again. How this man gets the energy to pull himself out of bed and to go into work where he is dis-liked by everyone is beyond me. I dont know what happened to him, what kind of a leader would turn against his troops and destroy the once fine Police Department. Mr. Dormer just leave you are a disgrace to those who have come before you
no way

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

Judged:

N0-Bama wrote:
<quoted text>
another EX suffolk highway cop.... get a grip you LOST....
English translation: "My chances of being arrested for DWI again have gone way down. I love Dormer."
no way

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

Judged:

Dormer can't retire...not until he cements his legacy so he can be remembered as Levy's Boy.
who cares

Oceanside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

Steve Levy has basically put a stop to all enforcement/proactive units. He has Suffolk going from 911 call to 911 call. But dont tell Dormer, he thinks the dept is at an all time high in manpower and all patrol is "beefed up"! DOPE!. Good work Levy. you are the worst excuse possible for a man!
What were you thinking

Hampton Bays, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

Judged:

Suffolk is DWI County wrote:
Don't you think the population and tourist growth in LI has increased in the last 20 years? Get with the program..you can't run the PD like a business because your risking peoples LIVES. Suffok County has become dwi county. the Sheriffs are giving out DWI warnings Ha Ha Ha
Keep up the spam SCPBA member. It shows. DWI warnings. Yeah that makes sense. I'm sure the deps are doing that. Maybe giving breaks to freinds and family of SCPD. Keep attacking the deps. It's a great waste of your time. I will remind you of it everytime you post junk like this. Risking peoples lives. No, risking the SCPD kingdom.
What were you thinking

Hampton Bays, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

Judged:

Oh, and I hope you don't go all HOLISTIC on me.
N0-Bama

Bedford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

Judged:

What were you thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep up the spam SCPBA member. It shows. DWI warnings. Yeah that makes sense. I'm sure the deps are doing that. Maybe giving breaks to freinds and family of SCPD. Keep attacking the deps. It's a great waste of your time. I will remind you of it everytime you post junk like this. Risking peoples lives. No, risking the SCPD kingdom.
Brilliant post....bye bye suffolk highway INAFFECTIVE cops....the sheriffs are doing much better than you ever could have.....SCPD IS ROBBING THE COUNTY!!!!!!!!!!
Go pound sand

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Huh? You choose to live on a sandbar in the middle of a hurricane track GUARANTEED to be under water every few years.

Meanwhile, the ocean tides and currents are doing their job and moving sand, just like they've been doing for several billion years.

Ummmmm. How can I put this?

Reality check!!!
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

anymouse wrote:
Erosion Solution?????
NATURE
should nt build on a BARRIER ISLAND anyhow
nuff said
fugetaboutit
YOU MEAN YOU Do Not want to 'Support' the houses people built on the sandbar they named Fire Island that sticks out into the Atlantic Ocean ??

Why it's Un-American !

WE Always Take Care and spend money on really stupid Rich People !
Ted Reed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Let them eat cake!

With 10% unemployment can't all these people sitting around doing nothing help save the beach homes of those that are working. Pay them to take turns working the dredger!
WAH WAH WAH

Fort Lee, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

Go buy some sand from the Arabs, whiners.
u serious

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

fire island should be a complete nature preserve. its sorta crummy looking as is. no sense investing money in a place that one strong hurricaine can destroy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of40
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fire Island Discussions

Search the Fire Island Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 5 hr positronium 6,270
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 9 hr none 6,182
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Mon Georgia 1,267
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Apr 12 Twillner 699
Mrs. Cushing (Jun '13) Apr 12 x 3
Review: Auto World USA (Jun '09) Apr 12 mindamouse88 21
Complaints against CPS, Supervising Judge David... (Dec '09) Apr 11 youranasshole 32
•••

Freeze Warning for Suffolk County was issued at April 15 at 9:40PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Fire Island Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Fire Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE