Long Island Pirate Festival at maritime museum

Full story: Newsday 17
Bill Streit is an IRS tax examiner, but ye may know him by his piratical name, Liam Double La Croix. Full Story
H0M0 PIRATES

Newark, NJ

#1 Jun 12, 2008
WILL THEY START A BAND LIKE THE VILLAGE PEOPLE??
Bill

Endicott, NY

#2 Jun 12, 2008
Will there be any oil company representatives there?
Long John

Milford, CT

#3 Jun 12, 2008
Don't bring young kids because the events are rated AHHHRRRRRRRRR.
Scallywag Sally

Long Island City, NY

#4 Jun 13, 2008
If you want to see profesional-quality, Disney-like pirate entertainment catch a Kings of the Coast interactive pirate show!! They just exploded at the Sea fair Patchogue last weekend!! Awesome! My kids loved it!!
Diane

Weehawken, NJ

#6 Jun 14, 2008
I brought my 3 children to the festival today and we all had an amazing time! My sons loved the face painting!
Dona Hermina

AOL

#7 Jun 14, 2008
Bienvanidos Diane,
Thank you for your kind word. As for the rest please come down a see a little piece of LI history. There was a time LI was the Tortuga of the North East. We have roving Pirates, Lovely Lasses, and merchants to pilliage..Um, I mean shop from.
One Eyed Luke

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Jun 16, 2008
Scallywag Sally wrote:
If you want to see profesional-quality, Disney-like pirate entertainment catch a Kings of the Coast interactive pirate show!! They just exploded at the Sea fair Patchogue last weekend!! Awesome! My kids loved it!!
Interesting name darling..scallywag sally, knew someone else a very young girl who was part of this groups "ye pyrate brotherhoods" crew in Oysterfest. oh well, I'm sure that you had agreat time at the sea fair, and I'm sure they where quite good, but know that "Disney" might be upset by the use of those words. At this festival you had over 100 pirates to chose from not just 4-6 that went right into their tent after the shows.. oh well..
we had a blast, and all the musical entertainment was great. kind of sad that the "Hosting" group didn't get to perform.
One Eyed Luke

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Jun 16, 2008
H0M0 PIRATES wrote:
WILL THEY START A BAND LIKE THE VILLAGE PEOPLE??
Where you even there? hmm....suspect tis a bit of jealousy? I'm sure the Brigands, Crimson Pirates, Bawdy Buccaneers and Valhalla Pirates, etc, would take offence there.
One Eyed Luke

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Jun 16, 2008
Scallywag Sally wrote:
oh and one more thing Scallywag, keep in mind they be volunteers, not paid professionals.And if they are so good, why don't they have a web-site? and if those are the same who performed last year at the Seafood festival at the museum...no thanks...only 1 or 2 where friendly.
Gay Ramone

Elizabeth, NJ

#11 Jun 16, 2008
Diane wrote:
I brought my 3 children to the festival today and we all had an amazing time! My sons loved the face painting!
Ya know,,they use lead paint for that
sculls blythe

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Jun 16, 2008
our merry band of pirates had a ball.....the kids loved our ships wheel and the stocks....it was a photo heaven for mom's and dads....and we all loved interacting with the many kids of all ages and sizes....once again thank yu.!!!!!!!!
Kaleanne

Yorktown Heights, NY

#14 Jun 17, 2008
I had a great time at the festival. Didnt much care for the performance at the SeaFair, didnt seem like they were "into" it. These pirates took time to talk to people, educate them, answer any questions, and make everyone happy. I learned a lot of things I hadnt known about LI, and pirates. I'm not really sure who was running hte event, but they did a wonderful job. Hope to return next year!
Kaleanne

Yorktown Heights, NY

#15 Jun 17, 2008
Gay Ramone wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know,,they use lead paint for that
i doubt a professional face painter would use "lead-base" paint. That's just a mean thing to write.
Capt Charles

AOL

#16 Jun 20, 2008
My crew and I had the privalege to do the pirate show there...'twas a wonderful pirate event for the first time! And Ive been to more than a few of them. Cheers to all who enjoyed it as we did.
www.ValhallasPirates.com
SET

Chicago, IL

#17 Jun 20, 2008
International Talk Like a Pirate Day - September 19 of each year. Celebrate, or ye be walkin' the plank! Yargheee!
Brandy

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Jun 20, 2008
I had an absolutely awesome time. The music was great, the pirates where great, the vendors where awesome, and reasonably priced. I hope they do it again next year.
Capt Thighbiter

Boxborough, MA

#21 Jun 23, 2008
Thank all of ye who attended and enjoyed all of the entertainment. I know ye must have liked being in such close proximity, as it were, to scurulous dogs and corsairs.
If anyone wanted to purchase
The Brigands new CD "Pirate Scum" after we sold out on Sunday morning,
ye can go to our website and order it, along with our 2 other CDs, "The Brigands" and "Bloody Seamen".
thebrigands.com
Capt T

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Airport Transportation Thu Courtney Galler 2
Islip Tax Hike Thu EJP 1
Adopting older kids: heavenly (Dec '06) Wed edlacinski 4
Police: Medford Teens Charged in Attempted Arme... Nov 18 patchogue life 1
Cops: Woman drove intoxicated with child in car (Jan '08) Nov 16 CoffeeFreak 117
the old kfc on montauk highway Nov 16 Banina 2
Gluten Free Attention Seekers (Feb '14) Nov 16 Banina 5
Fire Island Dating
Find my Match

Fire Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fire Island News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fire Island

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:01 am PST