Ringgold shifting students in new plan to replace middle school

Jun 13, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: O-R Online

Ringgold School Board announced a new plan Wednesday for the reconfiguration of school buildings to replace the current Ringgold Middle School in Finleyville.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of155
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Henry

Belle Vernon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Wow they are actually going to do it. These board members will go down in history for making the worst decision in the history of the district by closing a good building. Remember their names when it comes to business and political matters. Never Forget.
some cheese with that

New Kensington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

:O) Gee, everyone I know is pleased a can be with the whole plan.
amazed

Charleroi, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Lets vote for these idots again. This is by far the worst decision made, and some of the board members were not even present, for a decision this big they should all be present. Did you also see how much the cost of transportation in the district is increasing.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

What they will spend in transportation renovation and maintainance will buy three new schools. What do these people do for a living that they cannot add. I mean really what do they work? Does anyone know? I will not shop there! Maybe picket there. At the last meeting the architects even stated better to keep Finley open. You say tou want a revolution?

“A Dog's Life is Good”

Since: Feb 11

Mon Valley, Pa.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

It's hard to believe this plan came out so fast.
CaCat

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

But remember, they ARE making decisions, that is all they were elected to do. I fully agree that a bad decision IS better than no decision.
some cheese with that

New Kensington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

Thanks Cat...it was the past boards dragging their feet, ordering study after study, that got us into this mess. This will not only use building, located in the communities they will serve, but give us some much needed room to bring back curriculum we lost because there was no room.
MaMouse

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

That's right. They can get back to the important things the district should be providing to the students. It's been a while since Joe Montana set the stage for our students to fulfill that pipe dream of making it into pro sports. The board should concentrate more on the sports programs for the special few to have a means of supporting themselves in the future. And then the district will have a few more famous alumni photos to hang in that shit hole they call a high school.
CaCat

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Well said you little squeaker. I swallow it all and tossed it back up and it tasted the same going down again and again
Mamouse

Beaver Falls, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

CaCat wrote:
Well said you little squeaker. I swallow it all and tossed it back up and it tasted the same going down again and again
Oh nooo cat!..Now the dirty rat is smearin your good name...and he's a sick dirty rat to!..Guess he was stupid enough to eat the poison you offered him sprinkled on his cheese last night! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
John

Charleroi, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

The long term implications of this decision are disastrous in so many ways. Ringgold taxpayers, in the long run are going to be crushed. The cost of running two dinosaurs was the reason the current president voted to close them in the first place. Transportation, upkeep and renovations will be well in excess of projections. Then when it is all said and done we will still need to build a school based upon what is happening with state code changes. If you are going to live in Ringgold you had better be rich cause nobody will be able to afford what is coming. I did not even touch on what this means for splitting all of these kids up. The educational effect is a whole other story. I will have the names of this board etched in my memory forever. The ringgold disaster!!!
CaCat

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

I was eating your mom last night, not too cheesy.
dot

Monessen, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

CaCat wrote:
I was eating your mom last night, not too cheesy.
grow up
Cindy

Belle Vernon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

It is all so depressing that this board could do so much damage.
Sigh

New Kensington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

So sad, in a district of over 27,000, the school board did what the majority ask and now a few dozen people are not happy. A new building with classrooms and a cafeteria, no library, gym, or auditorium next to an already overcrowded high school (remember the last board promised the trailers at Gastonville would be moved there to alleviate pending space problems) or two building that have all the amenities, in the middle of two of the more populated areas.$27+ million for a ‘bare bones’ middle school or $23 million for two schools, much needed repairs at the high school and the expansion for RESN that will allow those trailers to go where they are needed. Yeah, what were they thinking?
Kerry

Monongahela, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

I think anyone who is not happy should put their house up for sale and move. Move to South Park or Peters. Your house will go to a new family from Belle Vernon or some place like that who are happy to be out of a district that is about to be taken over by the state. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. Stop being spoiled rotten brats.
amazed

Charleroi, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Kerry wrote:
I think anyone who is not happy should put their house up for sale and move. Move to South Park or Peters. Your house will go to a new family from Belle Vernon or some place like that who are happy to be out of a district that is about to be taken over by the state. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. Stop being spoiled rotten brats.
Do your kids go to this district? Have you been to the schools, meetings etc. You dont just sell you house and move, its not that easy. Read the facts, crunch the numbers they are trowing out, then come back to this site and make an educated opinnion.
Sigh

New Kensington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

Yes and yes. And selling your house might be easier if the unhappy fee would take down their ridiculous signs they put up all over and telling everyone that real estate agents are telling people not to move here. If you are one of the unhappy ones, stop trying to bring down the district just because you can’t have your way…O’ sorry, because no one will listen to you.
Kerry

Monongahela, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

do YOU go to every meeting and if so for how long? The problems with Finley go back to the 80s if not before that. I have lived in this district my entire life and I have a very good feel for whats going on. Families come and go in every neighborhood. I am sure the district will survive the loss of a dozen unhappy families. Old families move out, new ones move in, it a part of life. Perhaps the children from the next families will have even higher PSSA scores.
Henry

Belle Vernon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

You people really are clueless!! Perhaps we should buy Century III Mall and fix it up while we are at it. I mean if we are going to throw good money after bad what the heck. This polital mess will cost us unimaginable amount of money. I do not believe anyone will be able to afford to live here. Closing a good school is completely nuts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of155
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Finleyville Discussions

Search the Finleyville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 22 min Herman Cain 3,747
Fake "Festa"---Who's not going???? 3 hr Athiest 60
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 23 hr Capt Lou 51,114
Some stores in mon city Sat DaDog1 3
Ringgold school district Fri CaCat 7
Endangered Species Jul 8 CarCat 2
walmart (Jun '06) Jul 7 Visitor 3
•••

Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Washington County was issued at July 13 at 4:45PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Finleyville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Finleyville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••