Founding a new community theater group in Finksburg: Seeking others interested

Posted in the Finksburg Forum

Community Theater

Clinton, MD

#1 Jan 22, 2013
I have found it exceeding difficult to find a small local theater group or community theater group to become involved with in my area (Carroll County). There are some community groups, but they do not offer programming of interest (to me) and I believe to others as well. There is a need for a diverse community theater in central Maryland (Carol Country) whose programs are not necessarily those with a "perceived" wider audience appeal (such as musicals, modern comedies or children's programming). There is a nitch for this. From Shakespeare to Miller, Alternative to Experimental to producing the work of local playwrights I am seeking individuals who have an interest in forming a new Community theater group. Theater experience is great, but it is absolutely not necessary. People with experience in business plan development, fund raising, actors, directors, sound and video, etc would be helpful but not necessary. I'm also looking for individuals in the community who just want to get involved in a community project (NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY). We would initially form a Board of interested individuals. Please let me know if you have some interest. When we have a large enough group I will set up a meeting at a local community center to discuss the project. Please write: CommunityTheaterproject@gmail. com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Finksburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
collision repair (Nov '08) Sep 19 Peter Simmons 4
IDT Energy Is this legit or scam? (Jun '13) Sep 16 Zenitram_77 96
Baltimore Stands with Israel Sep 16 Zioni 80
the music thread (Mar '12) Sep 15 Musikologist 18
Mayor & Common Council of City of Westminster v... Sep 11 therealWRDI 2
When Will Our Leaders Stand Up for Israel? Aug '14 lavon affair 1
motor home on my street Jul '14 taxpayer 1

Finksburg Jobs

Finksburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE