Two killed in McNairy Co. fire

Two killed in McNairy Co. fire

There are 15 comments on the Jacksonsun.com story from Oct 31, 2011, titled Two killed in McNairy Co. fire. In it, Jacksonsun.com reports that:

Those who knew Michael Steven Kennedy say running into a burning house to save a life is a testament to the type of person he was.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jacksonsun.com.

Twright

United States

#1 Nov 2, 2011
A terrible tragedy. That is a brave man who died. Does anyone know who the deputy was who went in after the girl?
god bless

Memphis, TN

#2 Nov 2, 2011
i know thatthere 2 other guys that went in and the cop went in behind them...
Twright

United States

#3 Nov 2, 2011
I knew there were others that went in but indidnt know their names. I'd like to figure out who the cop was.
Yurok

United States

#4 Nov 5, 2011
Paper said Thompson.
excuse me

Jackson, TN

#5 Nov 6, 2011
im a friend of one of the victims, several members of the fire department refused to go into the house. the first firefighter on the scene refused to go in there, thats when Mr Kennedy stepped up and did the courageous thing he did that cost him his life. and then, this brave deputy went in after the both of them, kudos to him!
Indeed

Herndon, VA

#6 Nov 6, 2011
The officers name is Kevin Thompson according to the paper. Many prayers for the victims
Of this tragedy and many prayers for this brave officer.
I hate cops

Herndon, VA

#7 Nov 6, 2011
I hate cops

Since: Oct 11

Toledo, OH

#8 Nov 8, 2011
Those two fire fighters that went in to get kennedy out i kno them well. There names r brandon n harvey beachy both from finger fire dept so did a few more from finger fire dept. I dont kno who deputy was but i bet it wasnt frasier he would have tried to shoot fire out
misty

United States

#9 Nov 10, 2011
This was my husband that lost his life in our house fire. The cop was Kevin Thompson and my father and brother were the two men that went in to try and save my daughters friend along with the cop. I don't know who the 2 firefighters were that went in and got my husband out but I really want to talk to them. ANYONE that can help me find out who and how to contact them would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.
good luck

Memphis, TN

#10 Nov 10, 2011
i heard that you where saying that the firefighters DIDNT help... my heat goes out to you and your family and friends that has to deal with the lost of a loved one.
i pray everynight for ya'll and the little girl's family as well. hope you find the ones you are looking for. god bless all!!
misty

United States

#11 Nov 10, 2011
I would like to know excuse mes real name. You said you was a friend of one of the victims. You are absolutely correct, several of the firefighters would not go in. I don't know or understand why though.
Road Runner

Leipsic, OH

#12 Nov 21, 2011
I hate cops wrote:
I hate cops
why is that
Yes

United States

#13 Nov 22, 2011
I'd say this officer deserves a medal or somthun
Jolly

Philadelphia, MS

#14 Dec 13, 2011
Yes wrote:
I'd say this officer deserves a medal or somthun
I know this guy personally. He's a great guy. And he did get a medal.
Mutt23

Bradford, Canada

#15 Feb 13, 2012
I've had the honor of knowing Steve for a few years and can proudly say that he would have done this for anyone, whether he knew them or not. Brother you are dearly missed by everyone, at home and here in Canada. No matter what, I love you. Misty we are here if you need anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Finger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sarah Franklin 3 hr Whut 5
people claiming to be married .when they are not Sat thatswho 9
sheena Sat shes eZ 6
...xx Sat Observer 9
People that date married people Sat Observer 29
peace at last for Noahs family May 26 More Help Needed 14
RIP Noah May 26 Mourner 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Finger Mortgages