Bible Conversations
betty_thacker

Holly Springs, MS

#1 Sep 6, 2008
Questions and Answers given on different subjects of the Bible.
Young,old and middle age are welcome....
Fred

United States

#2 Sep 14, 2008
Who was Melchesidic's father?
Think

United States

#3 Sep 21, 2008
hmmm, I was like who? And then of course being the curious crature I am I had to look it up.Now I know you didn't pose this question because you really wanted to know who his father is.I gotta study all this about Melchesidic some more.
Think

United States

#4 Sep 21, 2008
another spelling melchizedek
Jim Wright

United States

#5 Nov 6, 2008
Hi Y'all -
The only dependable information we have on Melchizedek is in scripture.
Here are the verses so you can evaluate for yourselves.
Genesis 14.18-20 ; Psalms 110.4 ; Hebrews chapter 7
In my opinion this was Jesus / YHVH / The LORD / The Word taking a human form.
Who else could be The King of Peace (the meaning of the word "Salem")?
So His Father would be The Father in Heaven, who has never been seen by mankind, The Father's Son = YHVH / The Word / Jesus has made The Father known:
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. John 1.18
When Moses, Nadab, Abihu and the Elders of Israel "saw God" they were not seeing The Father, they were seeing His Son, YHVH, The LORD, who later was born of Mary and dwelt on Earth.
9. Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:
10. And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.
11. And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.
12. And the Lord said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them. Exodus 24.9-12
The Son / The Creator has made The Father known:
1. God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2. Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3. Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; Hebrews 1.1-3
Also please see Colossians 1.12-20
It was "The Word" who created all that exists:
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. The same was in the beginning with God.
3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11. He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13. Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1.1-14
Paul wrote that understanding this was a test of whether a person was being led by The Spirit:
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12.3
It is a bit clearer in the original New Testamet = the Peshitta, written in the language of The LORD, Aramaic:
because this inform I (you) that there is not a man who by the Spirit of God speaks +says damned is Yeshua neither a man can say that YHVH is Yeshua except only by the Spirit of Holiness 1 Corinthians 12.3 Peshitta
It takes the Holy Spirit to comprehend this, as indicated by Paul (above) and John:
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. John 1.5
Blessings -
Jim
idiots

United States

#6 Nov 7, 2008
durn it I thought I had this settled in my head now I have to go look it up again
Betty

Holly Springs, MS

#7 Jan 28, 2009
All This is in the Bible yea but the fact is you gotta make people understand it from a point of thier understanding and maybe in other words perhaps that would understand some things little better. I know that we all could do a better thing by giving the word of god and shareing it to others ever day weather it be in form of the bible reading or ? or in form of just doing something kind for someone and helping them in matters that you see might be going on with them. there is all kinds of ways to share god"s love through us..?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Finger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sonic at henderson 13 hr Dumply McDooDoo 10
Old Finger police dept? Tue curious 1
Free Furniture Nov 20 Sammy 1
Dog Give Away (Jun '09) Nov 19 Eyesore 2
Ugly girl in finger Nov 9 Eyesore 1
County ugly girl Nov 7 Eyesore 1
Two faced two legged dogs!! Nov 4 Eyesore 1

Finger Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance