Game On: Male Cheerleader Refuses to ...

Game On: Male Cheerleader Refuses to Quit After Bullies Attack

There are 108 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Sep 24, 2010, titled Game On: Male Cheerleader Refuses to Quit After Bullies Attack. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

A Glenwood Middle School student says his arm was broken by two classmates who were bullying him because he's a cheerleader.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Mark

Fort Morgan, CO

#101 Sep 29, 2010
To Tyler

A true hero. Dont give up
We shall over come

“Not Perfect, Just Forgiven”

Since: May 10

Bloom Where You're Planted!

#102 Sep 29, 2010
mark wrote:
he should stop being stupid and quit, he shouldnt be cheerleading in the first place. he should play a real male sport
He's a GYMNAST!! Have you seen the gymnasts in the Olympics?! That's one of my favorite sports -- and YES, it is a sport!!
SO WHAT if he yells a chant while he's doing a gymnastic routine?!
MOST sports involve being vocal in some capacity (maybe not golf).
By the way -- did you know professional football players take ballet?? It's part of their training for balance and coordination!!
chaos

Washington, DC

#104 Sep 30, 2010
"this poor kid needs a REAL male influence in his life, what the h@ll did the parents think was going to happen, let's be realistic. Chastising the kid is horrible but the facts of life are what he has to deal with and what the parents need to prepare him for. If he were my son, I would have had a chat with him about the bee's and the bee's and reminded him that the bird really was the bee's partner......Call me a schmuck, it's what you really want to say..... "

Why stop at calling you a schmuck? You seem to approve of what happened here. Maybe it should happen to you.
Kmc

Glen Burnie, MD

#105 Sep 30, 2010
There are male cheerleaders in college. There are at some high school. It used to be only males were allowed to be cheerleaders back in what, the 50s? 60s?
For all the men on here who say that they would "dread" their son joining cheerleading, you are not real men. It takes a lot of athleticism to be a cheerleader. Can you do flips, jumps, splits, memorize moves? I know my high school didn't get too acrobatic but bigger ones do. If I can be allowed to play football or boys' sports as a girl, guys can be allowed to play "girl" sports. I think guys should be allowed to play volleyball - either a male team or coed. Guys should be able to go be on cheerleading squad or dance teams. It's not "feminine" to want to be a gymnast or dancer. It takes a lot of skill and you have to be in decent shape to do those things.
overworked

Pinckney, MI

#106 Sep 30, 2010
My nephew also was a cheerleader. By the time that he graduated High School, he was popular with all of the girls in school. You see, you will learn a lot more than just cheers by following your heart - you will learn some of what makes the other half tick. The trouble won't stop, because the boys are jealous of your courage and your closeness to the girls. If you are gay, you are in training for how the rest of your life will go. You may want to learn about self-defense and comedy. But never give up you have a lot of support out here.
Phoenix Arizona

Phoenix, AZ

#107 Sep 30, 2010
Rock on Kid...No matter what, you are doing the right thing. Keep it up and be true to your self always.
strongbetch

Dahlonega, GA

#108 Oct 1, 2010
You know when I was in school we had male cheerleaders on my squad and they actually do come in handy at games especially when they can toss you pretty high. If girls can wrestle with the big boys then why can't the males be cheerleaders? And I give the young man credit at least he is doing what he wants and not being forced into it. WAY TO GO YOUNG MAN KEEP IT UP!!! YOU ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO KEEP YOUR GROUND. JUST MAKE SURE YOU KEEP A LEVEL HEAD.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#109 Feb 18, 2011
mapleman wrote:
Something I dread. My son stops playing sports and signs up to be a cheerleader. No basketball, no wrestling, no football, not even cross country. He tells me he will be a cheerleader.
I would support his choice, but I'd let him know the kids are going to make fun of him. It's only normal. Nothing wrong with males making fun of other males for perceived unmanly behavior. It's not a disease. It's not a mental disorder. It's life.
No father wants to go watch his son be a cheerleader.
Making fun is one thing, and if that was just the issue here, we wouldn't be reading the story. The problem is the violence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Findlay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cassity Green Jan 16 Oldboss 1
News Police: Murder defendant told different stories Jan 11 Big Johnson 1
News Crime rate declines in Findlay Jan 8 Maria Drumpf 1
News Ohio parts maker to shut down, eliminating 500 ... (Apr '08) Jan 5 Toast Ferryboi 10
Old small town conspiracies never fail to amaze Dec '17 Anonymous 2
News Johnson Rubber to go out of business (Mar '08) Dec '17 old school 10
News Norbalt Rubber's parent bankrupt, seeking buyer (Apr '08) Dec '17 old school 4

Findlay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Findlay Mortgages