Officials seize 26 animals

Officials seize 26 animals

There are 7 comments on the TheCourier.com story from Oct 18, 2008, titled Officials seize 26 animals. In it, TheCourier.com reports that:

By MARY KATE MALONE Staff Writer The woman who hoarded cats and rabbits in a south Findlay garage last month apparently fled to Hardin County, where authorities seized her animals from a Dunkirk storage unit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TheCourier.com.

rose

United States

#1 Nov 21, 2008
The land lord renting the garage to this woman was told by many neighbors she was living in the garage, for several maonths, but he just kept saying she was only storing her belongings there.
She always had her car parked there from late at night to the next morning, she had to be living there.
He was made aware of her living there, so why has nothing been done to him? The place had no water or sewage. It did have electricity, though.
I think it is wrong that he kept taking money from her knowing the conditions she was living in.

“STOP animal abuse”

Since: Dec 07

Mcdonough, GA

#2 Nov 21, 2008
the life of a hoarder is very sad.
Don Osborn

Granite City, IL

#3 Nov 23, 2008
She had a roof over her head and she was out of the street. She had heat and she carried in water. What's the problem? She was camping in the garage with bunnies and puusy cats.

“STOP animal abuse”

Since: Dec 07

United States

#4 Nov 23, 2008
I'm from florida and garages are rented out all the time. People just don't seem to know it.
The cat lover

Mount Vernon, OH

#5 Dec 1, 2008
I think the hole thing is very sad for the animals,I'm glad they get the cats out of there,to bad it was to late.from a cat lover
BigE

Dublin, OH

#6 Sep 10, 2010
omg, i dont wanna be a "johnny come lately", but i JUST came across this post, she didnt pay anyone to rent the garage. she had originally rented the house, but the owner sold it and told her she had to leave. she had nowhere to go, so hence, the garage. i lived 2 houses away, we used to give her food and gas money,clothes, etc. all because she always said she had a place to go soon, but never did till weeks later she just disappeared and we never saw her again. which I guess is when she left for findlay. she did have a storage unit outside of dunkirk, im guessing its the same one she "fled" to. sad sad woman.
sad

Youngstown, OH

#7 Nov 30, 2010
sad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Findlay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Daisy Dukes making debut as citya s newest nigh... 15 hr They cannot kill ... 3
News Weekend: Wine flows back into Riverside Tue Duke for Mayor 14
News OVI checkpoint scheduled for tonight on Main St... Jun 25 KENTON DQ 1
Fat red head lions den Jun 4 Knowher 1
News McComb raid uncovers suspected meth lab (Sep '08) May '17 Antidrugsislife 18
Cassity Green (Aug '11) Apr '17 bigmit23 6
Meet Jon Cross, Candidate for State Representat... Mar '17 InformedVoter 1

Findlay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Findlay Mortgages