Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Findlay Forum

Comments (Page 991)

Showing posts 19,801 - 19,820 of25,382
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Even though I had read about caging years ago, out of curiosity I Googled 'caging voters', here is just one of the many articles from all different kinds of sources;
www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/01/1138661/Vot...
By the way, there's even articles on caging right here in Ohio. They'll stoop to anything to steal elections.
And as for you harping on ID's, most states that pushed for them made sure to make it hard for them to get them. In order to get a photo-id you have to produce a birth certificate. In order to get a copy of your birth certificate you have to have a photo-id, just another small fact that folks like you tend to skip over or ignore.
A smaller fact is that you can contact the hospital where you were born to get your birth certificate.

The question I have is caging illegal or not? If it's not legal, then the matter needs to be settled by authorities. If it is legal, then why don't the Democrats do the same thing? Besides, since people don't bother to contact the polls when they move or die, caging seems to be one method of finding out who is still here or not.

"Secretary of State Jon Husted said Ohio’s duplicate voter registrations have been dramatically reduced, down to just four from more than 340,000 in January of 2011.

More than 7.7 million people are registered to vote in the state.

“Maintaining accurate and up-to-date voter rolls is an ongoing process that is important in helping to ensure greater security and more efficiency in the administration of elections in Ohio,” Husted said in a release.“The success our state has had in cleaning up the voter rolls is one example of how we are making it easier to vote and harder to cheat.”

Husted said that more than 129,500 voters have updated their address online, while the names of nearly 245,000 dead people have been removed from Ohio’s rolls."

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local...
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>You'll grasp at any straw to get your lies across, hyperlinks or not, that is nothing but a proven trash, lying site.
Really? Who proved it?
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Nancy wrote:
Why after 5 years are we still in Afganistan?
To fight terrorists. See...... Democrats are born liars. They tell you we shouldn't be in Afghanistan, they tell you we shouldn't be in Iraq, they tell you they will close down Gitmo if they gain power, they tell you that spying on American citizens is plain wrong. Then when they finally get in power, they do the exact same things as the Republicans did because they know what the Republicans did was the right way of doing things in the first place.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you think it was a bad idea when George W. Bush decided to include cell phones in the Lifeline program?
"Lifeline was begun not by President Obama but under Ronald Reagan. It expanded to include cellphone service during the presidency of another Republican, George W. Bush."
"House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) tweeted on Feb. 19:“Nobody should be talking about tax hikes when govt is spending taxpayer dollars on free cell phones.” Lifeline, however, is not funded by taxes; it subsists on fees that are tacked on to most phone bills. That fund subsidizes a number of programs, which in addition to Lifeline include telecommunications service to rural and remote areas and to schools and libraries."
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-04-09...
Yes, that was also known as the Al Gore tax if I remember correctly.

I think there is something terribly wrong when the federal government forces private industry to provide social goods for the citizens. That's not the governments place, that's charities place. And forcing one group of people to pay for the non-essential products of another group of people is not charity at all, it's called stealing.

Of course cell phone companies charge their paying users to support Obama Phones. Are they supposed to take the loss? The thing is when government forces the private market into anything, the private market responds. That's why Cleveland Clinic is getting rid of 3,000 employees; because of Obama care. That's why over 16 million Americans lost their health insurance so far. The market is responding to Obama Care and even the Democrats are admitting what a bad idea this is.

The point is what's the difference if the cell phone company charges you on your bill or the government sends you a tax bill for cell phones? Either way, you and I are paying for it.

Since: Aug 12

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
A smaller fact is that you can contact the hospital where you were born to get your birth certificate.
The question I have is caging illegal or not? If it's not legal, then the matter needs to be settled by authorities. If it is legal, then why don't the Democrats do the same thing? Besides, since people don't bother to contact the polls when they move or die, caging seems to be one method of finding out who is still here or not.
"Secretary of State Jon Husted said Ohio’s duplicate voter registrations have been dramatically reduced, down to just four from more than 340,000 in January of 2011.
More than 7.7 million people are registered to vote in the state.
“Maintaining accurate and up-to-date voter rolls is an ongoing process that is important in helping to ensure greater security and more efficiency in the administration of elections in Ohio,” Husted said in a release.“The success our state has had in cleaning up the voter rolls is one example of how we are making it easier to vote and harder to cheat.”
Husted said that more than 129,500 voters have updated their address online, while the names of nearly 245,000 dead people have been removed from Ohio’s rolls."
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local...
I met the lady in Georgia doing the research on all those dead people registered to vote in Ohio. Ironically she's originally from Ohio.
Jethro

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Wooo Obama!
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I think there is something terribly wrong when the federal government forces private industry to provide social goods for the citizens.
So, you opposed the Lifeline program when it brought telephone service to rural areas?
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stupider...
show me in the constitution you fools like to spout about
where it says a citizen is not a citizen unless they have a photo ID.
Your ignorance never to ceases to end.
Don't matter what you want, it matters what the law is.
Funny how in Virginia a photo college ID is not supposed to count but a CCW license does.
Actually, in Ohio, a CCW is NOT an acceptable ID.
The 'reasoning' is that it is issued by the county sheriff & NOT the state. HOW GOOFY!! The requirements & procedures were set by the state legislation & the sheriff dept is following state law.
IF someone accepts it to open a bank account, cash a ck,or whatever, they do so with their good graces & common sense.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you opposed the Lifeline program when it brought telephone service to rural areas?
Yes I am. I'm against a lot of things Bush did. I'm hardly a Bush cheerleader. On the other hand, there are some things I did like about him.

If people in rural areas want telephone service, cable television, internet and so on, they know how they can get it. Why should people in populated areas support anything because people in rural areas don't have it? If they want modern devices and technology and can't get it where they are at, they can move anytime they desire.

I feel the same way about people that live along rivers that flood at least once every ten years. Why should taxpayers bail them out? You want to live by a river, then when the river destroys your belongings or home enough times, you'll move the hell out of there.

"I cannot lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison Annals of Congress, 1794
KasichWins

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Woo!

“LIBERALISM WILL DOOM AMERICA”

Since: Sep 11

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

GO TED CRUZ!!
Mayberry Burning

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Earl Pitts Uhhhhhmurican wrote:
<quoted text>
SOOOO... Yer tellin me the reason prices of everything going up might just be because them fokks that make that cool stuff that me and lil earl jr love so much gotta pay higher taxes..... yup, them sneaky bastards in DC will get their due one way or another outta us hard werkin muricans.
But gosh golly, when you git' done talking to yerself', how about them fled overseas to avoid regulation, offshore account tax dodging "job creators"? Holy smokes, their earnings and bonuses have increased exponentially, while us common folk have flatlined. Maybe, by gosh, you are just another corporate fetch boy with a greedy agenda. Yup.

Maybe if those middle class folks had some money in their pockets to spend, the corporations wouldn't flee the country like rats on a sinking ship to get cheap labor to compensate for their bloated desire to cut corners at the cost of humanity.
NOD M NORTH

Delaware, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

DON W SOUTH wrote:
GO TED CRUZ!!
Wrong. Disgraced Mayor, out!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

NOD M NORTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Disgraced Mayor, out!
he is right.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Mayberry Burning wrote:
<quoted text>
But gosh golly, when you git' done talking to yerself', how about them fled overseas to avoid regulation, offshore account tax dodging "job creators"? Holy smokes, their earnings and bonuses have increased exponentially, while us common folk have flatlined. Maybe, by gosh, you are just another corporate fetch boy with a greedy agenda. Yup.
Maybe if those middle class folks had some money in their pockets to spend, the corporations wouldn't flee the country like rats on a sinking ship to get cheap labor to compensate for their bloated desire to cut corners at the cost of humanity.
How DARE ANYONE think they should be able to keep and spend what they earn! Where's the thought police???

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
How DARE ANYONE think they should be able to keep and spend what they earn! Where's the thought police???
Federal Government which I figure here soon they will be taxing everyones income and 100% and will be redristrubing it equally and we can thank the Republicans for the 16th amendment.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>

If people in rural areas want telephone service, cable television, internet and so on, they know how they can get it. Why should people in populated areas support anything because people in rural areas don't have it? If they want modern devices and technology and can't get it where they are at, they can move anytime they desire.
Thanks for giving me a straight answer --- at least you are consistent in your beliefs. But here's the attitude that drove this decision to make phone service available to all: a belief that we are stronger as a nation when even those in remote rule locations were able to communicate with the rest of us. The cost to string lines to serve relatively few people would be prohibitive for the individual. But a small fee added to everyone's bill made the service more valuable for all of us. The U.S. Mail's universal service was based on the same principle, many years before. City dwellers subsidized rural mail delivery.

Maybe this "we are are in the same boat" idea doesn't make sense to you, but it's been very good for our country in the past.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

That should be "we are ALL in the same boat."
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Who proved it?
I think they call it something like a Court.You know, them things that settle lawsuits.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

If water were knowledge, the city of Canton Ohio would be Death Valley.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 19,801 - 19,820 of25,382
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Findlay Discussions

Search the Findlay Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Apr 19 mjjcpa 170
OH Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in O... (Oct '10) Apr 15 squid 118
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Apr 14 Repub 187
Police say woman faked cancer for donations (Oct '12) Mar 26 Janet Spencer 3
OH Who do you support for Attorney General in Ohio... (Oct '10) Mar '14 Recon 403
Loose Teachers Feb '14 Larry the Table Guy 1
fun Feb '14 looking 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Findlay Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Findlay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE