|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Pay the Piper wrote:
<quoted text>'I know. You are probably still fuming from when GW Bush did it without it being paid for. Good thing us smart folks didn't vote for that GW moron twice...right?
You are still fuming about the past?

your fix is communism?

does Mommy still tuck your plastic sheets under you?

bed wetters like you can't tie your own shoes, and you call yourself smart. Are you comparing yourself to a cow as comparison to classify yourself smart?

your posts show an uneducated hallucination prone child who blindly follow others. You even run ahead of the herd to be the 1st to jump off the cliff.
Ted Strickland

Canonsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

I will be voting back in: Ted Strickland

Demerocratic hurray!!!!!
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Judgement Icon Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...soooo...I want to say clever? I mean minus the limp and desperately paranoid way you try to crudely slop words together in hopes of starting what I guess you are grasping for would be described as an online public forum judgment icon scandal? Boy, you really foiled my evil schemes there. Gosh darnit!(to my slack jawed diaper crew Pops, I am being sarcastic. I know how you need everything explained to you)
Now I may or may not be using multiple computer systems to push forward my dark and some say Biblical leftwing, communist/Muslim master plan to judge my own posts with online forum judgment icons.
And I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling, statistically proven lower IQ kids and the fact that you would have to be worse than retarded or paranoid to think that anyone cares about judgment icons, let alone your claims of me having multiple computer systems to achieve my sinister online forum judgment icon master plan blueprints.
Here you go again Canton. Posting nothing of substance....only persistent name calling that proves that you have NO valid points, then you remain in denial of pertinent facts.
That's your choice.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
my bad luck received an order from a new customer yesterday.
annually just over $2 million. 52 weekly shipments. Customer wanted to test my metal, and 11/1 first ship date. Monday I will lead a new item production meeting, and will have the logistics manager schedule dock times tomorrow. We will ship early.
good luck would have been the parent company turning over the Billion with a B order, their current annual purchase.
my bad luck test orders sure have $998,000,000,000 in growth potential, and me thinks it requires more than luck for that order.
I consider the commissions on $2 million a magnificent motivation.
You keep telling me how stupid I am. This sale represents $60,000 of commissions annually.
Because you attempt to sell Bullcrap, I thought I would share how to sell manufacturing and pay difference from what you sell.
That's a pretty good made up story you thought of while waiting on mommy to bring you your food down to her basement.
meee

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Pay the Piper wrote:
<quoted text>'I know. You are probably still fuming from when GW Bush did it without it being paid for. Good thing us smart folks didn't vote for that GW moron twice...right?
When was Bush govenor of nohio?
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>That just goes to prove that "those same voters" didn't learn squat, or couldn't learn squat or can't admit that they were in error or they had some koolade left over or whatever.
And how did you feel when those same folks voted for George W. Bush twice? It's easy to say that voters are dumb(and sometimes they are!), but I was responding to Reality Speaks assertion that "half this country will be voting for term limits, an amendment outlawing Obamacare, and a balanced budget as the law of the land."

If half the voters wanted to, they could have voted out Obama in the last election. They didn't. While it's true that Republicans won the House, they achieved that by gerrymandering voting districts. Without that, they would have lost the House, too. This does not bode well for the Republican party.

"Normally we would expect more seats in Congress to go to the political party that receives more votes, but the last election confounded expectations. Democrats received 1.4 million more votes for the House of Representatives, yet Republicans won control of the House by a 234 to 201 margin. This is only the second such reversal since World War II."

"Confounding conventional wisdom, partisan redistricting is not symmetrical between the political parties. By my seat-discrepancy criterion, 10 states are out of whack: the five I have mentioned, plus Virginia, Ohio, Florida, Illinois and Texas. Arizona was redistricted by an independent commission, Texas was a combination of Republican and federal court efforts, and Illinois was controlled by Democrats. Republicans designed the other seven maps. Both sides may do it, but one side does it more often."

Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Oops! I forgot the link for those quotes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/03/opinion/sun...
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
And how did you feel when those same folks voted for George W. Bush twice? It's easy to say that voters are dumb(and sometimes they are!), but I was responding to Reality Speaks assertion that "half this country will be voting for term limits, an amendment outlawing Obamacare, and a balanced budget as the law of the land."
If half the voters wanted to, they could have voted out Obama in the last election. They didn't. While it's true that Republicans won the House, they achieved that by gerrymandering voting districts. Without that, they would have lost the House, too. This does not bode well for the Republican party.
"Normally we would expect more seats in Congress to go to the political party that receives more votes, but the last election confounded expectations. Democrats received 1.4 million more votes for the House of Representatives, yet Republicans won control of the House by a 234 to 201 margin. This is only the second such reversal since World War II."
"Confounding conventional wisdom, partisan redistricting is not symmetrical between the political parties. By my seat-discrepancy criterion, 10 states are out of whack: the five I have mentioned, plus Virginia, Ohio, Florida, Illinois and Texas. Arizona was redistricted by an independent commission, Texas was a combination of Republican and federal court efforts, and Illinois was controlled by Democrats. Republicans designed the other seven maps. Both sides may do it, but one side does it more often."
Historically, it would seem that both parties do it equally or near equally.The courts not withstanding. Like you said, it's normal.
I know people that vote to split the WH, Senate & the House. Their M.O. is that that balances the votes to all trains of thoughts, interests & goals.
Then some people do not vote because they understandably think that they are all crooks along with those that feel that their vote doesn't matter.
I have voted 3rd party B4 because I am NOT inclined to vote for the lessor of 2 evils which seems to often be the case even though those that do so take votes from an otherwise possible winner like Ross Perot & Teddy Roosevelt have clearly done.
I have stated my biggest problem with Obama many times on this thread. HIS track record is one of failures, dissention, untruths, division, economic ruin, pettiness, sorry world affairs/relations etc etc.
He can not seem to remember that even tho EVERYONE did not vote for him, he is supposed to be for ALL of the people instead of his personal legacy & NOT tell the Republicans that they can sit in the back!
He is NOT to pick & choose what laws to enforce IE: Immigration, Affordable Care Act facets & more.
In equal fairness, the Patriot Act is unconstitutional too. So I do NOT criticize only Obama.
In fact, EVERY representative that is NOT in their 1st term needs to go. Collectively they are ALL responsible for todays mess.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Historically, it would seem that both parties do it equally or near equally.The courts not withstanding. Like you said, it's normal.
I know people that vote to split the WH, Senate & the House. Their M.O. is that that balances the votes to all trains of thoughts, interests & goals.
Then some people do not vote because they understandably think that they are all crooks along with those that feel that their vote doesn't matter.
I have voted 3rd party B4 because I am NOT inclined to vote for the lessor of 2 evils which seems to often be the case even though those that do so take votes from an otherwise possible winner like Ross Perot & Teddy Roosevelt have clearly done.
I have stated my biggest problem with Obama many times on this thread. HIS track record is one of failures, dissention, untruths, division, economic ruin, pettiness, sorry world affairs/relations etc etc.
He can not seem to remember that even tho EVERYONE did not vote for him, he is supposed to be for ALL of the people instead of his personal legacy & NOT tell the Republicans that they can sit in the back!
He is NOT to pick & choose what laws to enforce IE: Immigration, Affordable Care Act facets & more.
In equal fairness, the Patriot Act is unconstitutional too. So I do NOT criticize only Obama.
In fact, EVERY representative that is NOT in their 1st term needs to go. Collectively they are ALL responsible for todays mess.
If somebody asks me what party I belong to, I tell them Republican. If they ask why, I tell them because Republicans are scumballs, just not as big of scumballs as the Democrats.

If you randomly pulled ten people off the street and ask them some political or issue questions, perhaps two out of the ten may answer them coherently. Pull those very same people out of the crowd and ask them the latest version of I-phone or American Idol contestants, you would probably get seven out of ten or more. That's the problem in this country.
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

I have been voting since '72 & I have NEVER pulled a straight party ticket in my life so I have been registered Independent for decades.
Canton doesn't like to hear that but that's his problem since he likes to label & denigrate everyone that disagrees with him.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Pops wrote:
I have been voting since '72 & I have NEVER pulled a straight party ticket in my life so I have been registered Independent for decades.
Canton doesn't like to hear that but that's his problem since he likes to label & denigrate everyone that disagrees with him.
Canton seems to have a problem with a lot of things like the Iraq war which his buddy continued through most of his first term, oil companies that provide us with energy, corporations that provide us with work directly or indirectly, religion which is nothing more than organizations of peace and love, and of course Global Warming which the newest evidence seems to indicate is going in the opposite direction.

I always vote party with the exception of one time where I voted for Strickland for a second term. He wasn't a good governor, but I did like his stance on guns and the laws he signed in. It was that reason alone that I cast my vote for a Democrat politician. Other than that, our state is Republican controlled which is why I get off of work earlier because they increased our speed limits for trucks. Getting more work done in less time helps our company profits which is always a good thing, and we can give our customers more reliable and timely service thanks to the speed limit changes in our state. I don't think that would have ever happened with a Democrat majority of legislatures.

The thing is, voting is not about electing a person that shares your values, voting is about keeping the person(s) out that has the exact opposite values as yours. That's the reason I use party-line voting.
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Pops wrote:
Once again, how can anyone disagree with the facts? OOPS! I know, dementia or denial.
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Canton seems to have a problem with a lot of things like the Iraq war which his buddy continued through most of his first term, oil companies that provide us with energy, corporations that provide us with work directly or indirectly, religion which is nothing more than organizations of peace and love, and of course Global Warming which the newest evidence seems to indicate is going in the opposite direction.
I always vote party with the exception of one time where I voted for Strickland for a second term. He wasn't a good governor, but I did like his stance on guns and the laws he signed in. It was that reason alone that I cast my vote for a Democrat politician. Other than that, our state is Republican controlled which is why I get off of work earlier because they increased our speed limits for trucks. Getting more work done in less time helps our company profits which is always a good thing, and we can give our customers more reliable and timely service thanks to the speed limit changes in our state. I don't think that would have ever happened with a Democrat majority of legislatures.
The thing is, voting is not about electing a person that shares your values, voting is about keeping the person(s) out that has the exact opposite values as yours. That's the reason I use party-line voting.
Even tho I wasn't old enough to vote for JFK, I would have. Among other things, he said, "we can NOT tax ourselves to prosperity" & he acted on that. The Dems aren't that way now.
My state congressman Where I used to live in KY was the primary author for concealed carry & the castle doctrine. He also had his phone number & address listed in the phone book & showed up for church or school or softball, football, soccer etc events. He answered a letter that I sent him asking about the state economy & Even tho he is a Dem, I had to vote for him time & time again.
Vote the candidate NOT the party. They all have leftist, moderates, & rightists etc. I vote the person's position, NOT the party although I do strongly favor a specific party.
As far as political positions, I am truly non-partisan & vote the issues/candidate.
That may be why I can agree to dis-agree without insulting the other simply because we disagree on politics.
BUT when it comes to baseless personal attacks, I can get fired up.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Pops wrote:
Pops, I've been registered both Republican and Democrat over the years, but I've never voted for a Republican president. Have you ever voted for a Democratic presidential candidate? I find that many "independent voters" still have pretty strong partisan feelings...

I know you are also an old fart, so I'm going to throw this out. I haven't been really happy with any of the Democratic candidates. I just always thought they were better than the opposition. But my favorite all time candidate was Fred Harris. Do you remember him?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_R._Harris
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Even tho I wasn't old enough to vote for JFK, I would have. Among other things, he said, "we can NOT tax ourselves to prosperity" & he acted on that. The Dems aren't that way now.
My state congressman Where I used to live in KY was the primary author for concealed carry & the castle doctrine. He also had his phone number & address listed in the phone book & showed up for church or school or softball, football, soccer etc events. He answered a letter that I sent him asking about the state economy & Even tho he is a Dem, I had to vote for him time & time again.
Vote the candidate NOT the party. They all have leftist, moderates, & rightists etc. I vote the person's position, NOT the party although I do strongly favor a specific party.
As far as political positions, I am truly non-partisan & vote the issues/candidate.
That may be why I can agree to dis-agree without insulting the other simply because we disagree on politics.
BUT when it comes to baseless personal attacks, I can get fired up.
I don't blame you there, that's why the only time I resort to personal insults is when I'm insulted first, and even then, rarely.

But I have to ask, how does one vote for "the candidate" when our country is so polarized? With the exception of the abortion issue and perhaps the legalization of marijuana, I'm a pretty conservative guy. What Democrat has my conservative values that would make me want to vote for him or her over a typical Republican?

Our party is pretty divided these days. We have the moderates vs the Tea Party. Democrats on the other hand have no division. They all pretty much say and do the same things. True, some a bit more liberal than others, but they don't have the near dichotomy we have on the Republican side.

JFK would be considered a conservative if alive today; one of the few they could call a DINO.

John F Kennedy:
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

Democrats today:
"Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you."
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blame you there, that's why the only time I resort to personal insults is when I'm insulted first, and even then, rarely.
But I have to ask, how does one vote for "the candidate" when our country is so polarized? With the exception of the abortion issue and perhaps the legalization of marijuana, I'm a pretty conservative guy. What Democrat has my conservative values that would make me want to vote for him or her over a typical Republican?
Our party is pretty divided these days. We have the moderates vs the Tea Party. Democrats on the other hand have no division. They all pretty much say and do the same things. True, some a bit more liberal than others, but they don't have the near dichotomy we have on the Republican side.
JFK would be considered a conservative if alive today; one of the few they could call a DINO.
John F Kennedy:
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."
Democrats today:
"Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you."
an organized public education system started with the governments control, has taught millions of sheep their government owes them, and the rich stole their opportunity.

today we reap what we sowed.

we allowed it to happen due to pure laziness.

now who has the nuts to push back, and control the millions of sheep who were brainwashed?
President Cheney

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

President McKinley wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still fuming about the past?
your fix is communism?
does Mommy still tuck your plastic sheets under you?
bed wetters like you can't tie your own shoes, and you call yourself smart. Are you comparing yourself to a cow as comparison to classify yourself smart?
your posts show an uneducated hallucination prone child who blindly follow others. You even run ahead of the herd to be the 1st to jump off the cliff.
Oh Reality Speaks. If anyone wants to be ahead of "your herd", all one needs to do is look back a couple posts and read the original wording you leeched off of someone else. Polly want a trust fund check? Too bad you used the same leechy, parrot technique when you read about Timothy McVeigh. You said to your self "That child murderer is really the cat's pajamas!" and then lined your beliefs on the government, gun control, taxes and socialism up exactly with old Timmy Tea Bagger McVeigh. It's why we all laugh at you and toss coins at your pointy shoes while you dance for the amusement of the forum. You are just a stammering joke of a man. Ask your wife. As far as anyone "fuming" from the past, I think you meant to say "Still paying for the ignorance you voted for in the past". Get it right, little Bunny Foo Foo.
President Cheney

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Pops wrote:
I think you meant to say that you have been a registered sex offender for decades and haven't told the truth since 72.
President Palin

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

commie coackroach spray wrote:
<quoted text>
a can of raid is your judgement day.
An Amber Alert for your Doomsday Bible bunker.
GOP 101

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Democrat 101 wrote:
My right to throw a baby huey fit until I get to spend all your savings to my hearts content supercedes your right to breathe!
I'm a democrat and I need what you have! Hand it over!
http://armchairsubversive.blogspot.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Findlay Discussions

Search the Findlay Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
McComb raid uncovers suspected meth lab (Sep '08) 14 hr unknown 13
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Thu not 2,214
State Patrol opens sub-post in Kenton (Aug '13) Thu Why 9
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Wed They cannot kill a Spook 231
Peterbilt of Northwest Ohio (Nov '11) Wed insider 6
Diesel Trucks Jul 5 Rosco 1
Kirsten Kelly Jul 1 ugh 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Findlay Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••