Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Findlay Forum

Comments (Page 937)

Showing posts 18,721 - 18,740 of25,324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Warlock Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
Some recipients are getting well over $35,000 in benefits ...about what a teacher salary is, depending on family size.
Disgusting.
The more money they rip the govt off for, the less incentive they have to find a job. Broken system......
I have seen what they buy...and it's not food.....
Obviously, they can afford a lot of things being poor:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jef...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>I hope who gets it gets these druggie bums off welfare. Let em starve and work like other folks do. IF YOU DON"T WORK YOU DON"T EAT.
Are you suggesting that children, the elderly, and the disabled should starve if they don't work?

"Three-quarters of entitlement benefits written into law in the United States go toward the elderly or disabled. That's according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. And a big chunk of the rest goes to working households. Only about 9 percent of all entitlement benefits go toward non-elderly, non-disabled households without jobs..."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting that children, the elderly, and the disabled should starve if they don't work?
"Three-quarters of entitlement benefits written into law in the United States go toward the elderly or disabled. That's according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. And a big chunk of the rest goes to working households. Only about 9 percent of all entitlement benefits go toward non-elderly, non-disabled households without jobs..."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
My Lord how misleading. According to your article, these "welfare" benefits include Medicare, Social Security, unemployment and school lunches. Just about any kid can get a school lunch.

The income requirement for an average American family (four people) are:

$30,000 for totally free lunch
$43,000 for reduced lunch prices.

http://www.massresources.org/school-meals-eli...

When we talk Welfare, we are not using Indy's definition of welfare. I don't consider welfare programs that we paid into our entire lives like Medicare and Social Security. I don't consider unemployment welfare either since our employers pay for unemployment insurance on our behalf which ultimately is deducted from our base pay just line workman's compensation, health insurance, vacation, sick and holiday pay. I don't consider free lunches that cost the government about three or four dollars a week as welfare.

Take those figures out of the picture and then show us how real welfare is divided. 16% of our population is on Medicare alone:

http://kff.org/medicare/state-indicator/medic...

In 2011, 31 million kids were on reduced or free lunches. That's about another 10% of our population:

http://www.fns.usda.gov/cnd/lunch/aboutlunch/...

Another 11 million on unemployment:

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.ht...

Now what do we have left?
Jimmy John

Amelia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
My Lord how misleading. According to your article, these "welfare" benefits include Medicare, Social Security, unemployment and school lunches. Just about any kid can get a school lunch.
When we talk Welfare, we are not using Indy's definition of welfare. I don't consider welfare programs that we paid into our entire lives like Medicare and Social Security. I don't consider unemployment welfare either since our employers pay for unemployment insurance on our behalf which ultimately is deducted from our base pay just line workman's compensation, health insurance, vacation, sick and holiday pay. I don't consider free lunches that cost the government about three or four dollars a week as welfare.
Take those figures out of the picture and then show us how real welfare is divided. 16% of our population is on Medicare alone:
In 2011, 31 million kids were on reduced or free lunches. That's about another 10% of our population:
The people on medicare are paying for it. It is deducted from their SS. Medicare pays 80% of the bill and if they have a suplemtary insurance they pay for the rest or most of the rest depending on their insurance. So it is not free.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
...half of our population is now living off of the working. I'll remember the expansion in unemployment and food stamps. I'll remember the increase in those getting SS disability.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
When we talk Welfare, we are not using Indy's definition of welfare. I don't consider welfare programs that we paid into our entire lives like Medicare and Social Security. I don't consider unemployment welfare either since our employers pay for unemployment insurance on our behalf which ultimately is deducted from our base pay just line workman's compensation, health insurance, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
You definition of welfare seems to vary from post to post.
RaytedG4U

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, they can afford a lot of things being poor:
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jef...
Let's all Google your source, CNSNews and see what happens. Lookie there "CNSNews Lies" is in the top searches. I won't bother to post the numerous sites that point out the lies the right wing propaganda site you linked here as "facts". Funny how every single link you post is from a site with lengthy histories for telling documented lies. You once again failed miserably.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

RaytedG4U wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's all Google your source, CNSNews and see what happens. Lookie there "CNSNews Lies" is in the top searches. I won't bother to post the numerous sites that point out the lies the right wing propaganda site you linked here as "facts". Funny how every single link you post is from a site with lengthy histories for telling documented lies. You once again failed miserably.
How did I fail miserably? You're the one quacking off and offering no proof of your allegation. Just sit back and call the source incorrect without offering anything to prove it wrong.

If that's the way the game is played, all your sources of global warming are wrong too. There, once again, you failed miserably. LOL!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem and the Flaw is anyone that is working is paying for people on Welfare now and the Social Security System is based on a Pay As You Go System which is why Social Security & Medicare are nothing but Welfare Programs in how they operate since they are based on tax and the Social Security Tax is no different than the Federal Gas Tax that you & everyone pays which all goes into the General Fund at the US Treasury and the SCOTUS confirmed that in 1937 in the case of Helvering v. Davis, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Social Security taxes are not contributions or savings, but simply taxes, and that Social Security benefits are simply a government spending program, no different than, say, farm price supports. Congress and the president may change, reduce, or even eliminate.

Social Security Is Welfare

April 16, 2012 by Don Watkins

http://capitalism.aynrand.org/social-security...

Social Security’s Sham Guarantee

By Michael D. Tanner

May 29, 2005

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/s...
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You definition of welfare seems to vary from post to post.
Where did I say that half of the people living off the working taxpayers are all on welfare?

It is true, half of our population is living off of the taxpayers. That doesn't mean welfare the way I define it. Again, welfare to me are programs one doesn't pay into ( or paid little into )but gets plenty out of.

I don't consider our disabled veterans on welfare. They earned everything they get. I don't consider people who worked their entire lives paying into SS and Medicare as welfare. I DO consider Medicaid welfare because it's free healthcare likely being used by the non-working. I don't consider people who collect SS disability as welfare because those people likely paid into the system while they were working. The problem I have with SS disability today is that some of these people can work, but fall within the guidelines of being able to collect. Let me give you some personal examples:

One of my tenants is a guy around my age, and he's been on SS disability since he moved in three years ago. He fell in love with this girl from Australia. She spent half of the summer here. Now he wants to stay with her in Australia for a month or so, but didn't have the money. He found a job to pay for that trip. He can only work X amount of hours before it interferes with his SS checks, but he's working.

My neighbor is legally deaf. She and her deaf live-in boyfriend are both collecting SS disability. However, her family owns a restaurant that she works at. During the summer, she goes all over the country working rib cook-offs. In the winter, she works at the restaurant.

The point I make here is that people like my tenant and neighbor can work, it's just they don't have to if they don't feel like it. Legally, they are within the parameters of being able to collect instead. If one can work part-time, then why not full-time? One more:

I'm evicting one of my tenants. They are not married but have two children. She collects $250.00 in food stamps every month. But they both smoke, support their 15 year old daughters cigarette habit, have high-speed internet and cable, and have three cats and a very large dog. We taxpayers are paying to provide food to this family, and they are providing dog and cat food plus kitty litter for their animals. You don't see anything wrong with our safety net system?
Jimmy John

Amelia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say that half of the people living off the working taxpayers are all on welfare?
It is true, half of our population is living off of the taxpayers. That doesn't mean welfare the way I define it. Again, welfare to me are programs one doesn't pay into ( or paid little into )but gets plenty out of.
I don't consider our disabled veterans on welfare. They earned everything they get. I don't consider people who worked their entire lives paying into SS and Medicare as welfare. I DO consider Medicaid welfare because it's free healthcare likely being used by the non-working. I don't consider people who collect SS disability as welfare because those people likely paid into the system while they were working. The problem I have with SS disability today is that some of these people can work, but fall within the guidelines of being able to collect. Let me give you some personal examples:
One of my tenants is a guy around my age, and he's been on SS disability since he moved in three years ago. He fell in love with this girl from Australia. She spent half of the summer here. Now he wants to stay with her in Australia for a month or so, but didn't have the money. He found a job to pay for that trip. He can only work X amount of hours before it interferes with his SS checks, but he's working.
My neighbor is legally deaf. She and her deaf live-in boyfriend are both collecting SS disability. However, her family owns a restaurant that she works at. During the summer, she goes all over the country working rib cook-offs. In the winter, she works at the restaurant.
The point I make here is that people like my tenant and neighbor can work, it's just they don't have to if they don't feel like it. Legally, they are within the parameters of being able to collect instead. If one can work part-time, then why not full-time? One more:
I'm evicting one of my tenants. They are not married but have two children. She collects $250.00 in food stamps every month. But they both smoke, support their 15 year old daughters cigarette habit, have high-speed internet and cable, and have three cats and a very large dog. We taxpayers are paying to provide food to this family, and they are providing dog and cat food plus kitty litter for their animals. You don't see anything wrong with our safety net system?
You mean like the $700,000.00 Governor was paid for his part in the jobs program. That is a government program and that means he has 2 government jobs which is illegal.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're sucking off the teat of Section 8 safety net system. What grounds do you have to evict them if their rent is paid for? The courts don't like illegal evictions. Anybody that gets their information from the likes of breitbart and cnsnews are just blooming idiots. Hey,check out Alex Jones, that would be another one right up your alley.
RaytedGradeAFail ure

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
How did I fail miserably? You're the one quacking off and offering no proof of your allegation. Just sit back and call the source incorrect without offering anything to prove it wrong.
If that's the way the game is played, all your sources of global warming are wrong too. There, once again, you failed miserably. LOL!
You are a joke who is willing to believe anything they tell you, just as long as it goes against our President. You guys WISH that Obama was half as despised as the moron you stuck America with for 8 years. You know, GW Bush, the guy who we all know put our country into meaningless war and economic disaster. Yes, we all know you guys have tried many times to rewrite history and how you mindlessly follow billionaire corporate agendas. You also WISH that the vast majority of voters didn't easily see through the fact that most Tea Baggers don't like him because of the color of his skin. Also, Rubber Ducky, I don't personally have to prove anything I say to you because 97% of the scientific community agrees with me. You are the one with the fringe group kook views and should be the one who has to explain yourself. Something that I have demonstrated time and time again, you have failed at miserably.
RaytedGradeAFail ure

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

I must of missed your cries of tyranny when GW was passing unpaid for Medicare bills and starting an unpaid for and unfounded war that he lied to Congress about. I must have missed your rioting in the streets from all you "Constitutionalists" and "Patriots" when GW was raping our Constitution. Funny how all the "Patriots" turned on their own country when they didn't get their little racist way.
RaytedGradeAFail ure

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So basically you have been pocketing money from these "Socialist" programs you despise so much. Just another leech on the neck of hard working taxpayers...right?
ConvoyOfIgnoranc e

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
China may hate unions, but they love government control over the people very similar to the Communists in the Democrat party. The US Communist party didn't support republican candidates, they supported DumBama both his elections.
Another thing Communists like to do is remove religion from society. Sound familiar? This is because Communists don't want people looking towards a higher power than government. They want to brainwash people that government is the highest power.
Now if you want to dispute my "true stories" then offer some proof. Find me one diesel mechanic that would disagree with me that over 80% of truck problems today are caused from these pollution gadgets. Find me one truck salesman that can testify that the reason for these expensive truck prices have nothing to do with all this pollution green crap; just one.
You chime in criticizing me on how I'm not a global warming expert, yet in the next post, claiming you are a diesel/ truck expert and that I'm making things up. You know more than I do about the business I'm in. After all, I've only been in trucking for 20 years. How could I compare that experience with your knowledge????
You claimed your trucks breaks down once a week due to environmental gadgets. I questioned the truth of this. Go ahead and copy and paste the post where I stated I was "a diesel/ truck expert". Go ahead and post it right here, unless of course you were lying about it. Now about you and your fringe group claims on advanced global weather patterns...
Shooter

Centerburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

ConvoyOfIgnorance wrote:
<quoted text>
You claimed your trucks breaks down once a week due to environmental gadgets. I questioned the truth of this. Go ahead and copy and paste the post where I stated I was "a diesel/ truck expert". Go ahead and post it right here, unless of course you were lying about it. Now about you and your fringe group claims on advanced global weather patterns...
. You are both number than shit-- you both need a job!
YouMissed

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Shooter wrote:
<quoted text>. You are both number than shit-- you both need a job!
And you needed a hug from your mom when you were little, but she uhhhh...worked nights.
runyon

South Point, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Frustrated wrote:
It's amazing that in a state our size we can't produce anyone better than the two we have to choose from :( Ted is owned by the unions and Kasich is owned by corporate interests. The lack of a good choice is the result of the structure of our system. Campaign money corrupts the system and limits us to mediocre choices. For the first time ever, I am considering not voting.
ggod job
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

ConvoyOfIgnorance wrote:
<quoted text>
No..... when I challenge your claims, I post links to support my views. I don't jump up and down screaming Liar, Liar, Liar. Even when I do post links to support my views, you still scream Liar, Liar, Liar.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

RaytedGradeAFailure wrote:
<quoted text>
So basically you have been pocketing money from these "Socialist" programs you despise so much. Just another leech on the neck of hard working taxpayers...right?
How in hell did you arrive to that conclusion?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,721 - 18,740 of25,324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Findlay Discussions

Search the Findlay Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Tue worm 168
OH Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in O... (Oct '10) Tue squid 118
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Mon Repub 187
Police say woman faked cancer for donations (Oct '12) Mar 26 Janet Spencer 3
OH Who do you support for Attorney General in Ohio... (Oct '10) Mar 20 Recon 403
Loose Teachers Feb '14 Larry the Table Guy 1
fun Feb '14 looking 1
•••
•••
•••
Findlay Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Findlay Jobs

•••
•••