Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Findlay Forum

Comments (Page 929)

Showing posts 18,561 - 18,580 of25,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

PopsIsAWeasel wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying I have nothing to go on. Would UDintBuildThat's calling the President a dumb "half breed" be a racist comment? Shall I post a link?
Piss off old man. The only reason you are still flapping your jowls is because you know I nailed your belief system to a t. You know, the belief system that voting Americans said to stick up your @ss and rotate.
IF Udidntbuildthat had said that I would agree with you. pls post the link because it doesn't come to mind. My guess is that you are twisting words again but I'll wait for your link posting.
Next, Why do you have to be so dang insulting? Is it because you can not post objective substance or because you wouldn't see a pimple on your nose while looking in a mirror? Just asking.
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I call DumBama a half-breed all the time. What's racist about that?
Since he is a half breed, the whole arguement hinges on how it is said, as a matter of fact or with denigration. since posting makes makes 'tone' all but impossible, I'll go with 'matter of fact' in case because of the history of your posts.
But I would like to point out that Obama campaigned NOT as an American, nor an African American or even a Black American but simply as a Black man. So you may be correct biologically speaking but as far as his attitude, goals & morals go....you could be wrong!lol
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Since he is a half breed, the whole arguement hinges on how it is said, as a matter of fact or with denigration. since posting makes makes 'tone' all but impossible, I'll go with 'matter of fact' in case because of the history of your posts.
But I would like to point out that Obama campaigned NOT as an American, nor an African American or even a Black American but simply as a Black man. So you may be correct biologically speaking but as far as his attitude, goals & morals go....you could be wrong!lol
Oh, I mean the comment as denigrating, but not as racial.

In the past, I've also referred to him as a zebra; again, I don't consider that racial either. The term was most popular on the black show The Jeffersons where the black actor that played George referred to his son-in-law as a zebra because the son-in-law was a Mulatto.

So I think that Canton has "You Didn't Build That" and I confused.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Since he is a half breed, the whole arguement hinges on how it is said, as a matter of fact or with denigration.
No, you don't generally call a PERSON a "half breed" except as part of an insult. And it's an insult that comes from a time when "race-mixing" was so despised that it was a crime in some states. Here's a pretty common example of how "half breed" is typically used, from "Tom Sawyer":

"Say, Huck, I know another o' them voices; it's Injun Joe."
"That's so—that murderin' half–breed! I'd druther they was devils a dern sight."

http://etc.usf.edu/lit2go/34/the-adventures-o...

And remember this 70s song "Half Breed" from Cher?

"My father married a pure Cherokee
My mother's people were ashamed of me
The Indians said that I was white by law
The white man always called me "Indian Squaw"

Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, "She's no good," they warned.
Both sides were against me since the day I was born"

These days the term is mostly used by closet racists referring to Obama.
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
In the past, I've also referred to him as a zebra; again, I don't consider that racial either. The term was most popular on the black show The Jeffersons where the black actor that played George referred to his son-in-law as a zebra because the son-in-law was a Mulatto.
So I think that Canton has "You Didn't Build That" and I confused.
Your msg is as clear as a fresh rain. I totally understand & have no problem with it myself. Thanx for the clarification.
Now lets wait for Canton to do his spin. It should be entertaining.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
In the past, I've also referred to him as a zebra; again, I don't consider that racial either.
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."

You say you are not using the word in a racial way? How is that possible? What do you think the word "half breed" means?

half-breed
n. Offensive
A person of mixed racial descent, especially a person of Native American and white parentage.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/half-breed
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

PopsIsAWeasel wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying I have nothing to go on. Would UDintBuildThat's calling the President a dumb "half breed" be a racist comment? Shall I post a link?
Piss off old man. The only reason you are still flapping your jowls is because you know I nailed your belief system to a t. You know, the belief system that voting Americans said to stick up your @ss and rotate.
By the way, Obama IS a 1/2 breed in the literal & biologic sense. He & his koolade drinking in denial minions are the only ones that would argue that FACT.
They would also deny or ignore that FACT that 90% or more of Black voters cast their ballots for Obama & THEY have the brass to call others racists? I am stunned.
In my opinion, Obama IS the racist, One problem is that HE doesn't admit that, HIS minions do NOT admit that, & his koolade drinking fans ignore those facts about the divisive 'Reverend Jeramia (sp)Wrong, a race baiting non-christian, non-American a$$hole.
Acorn Rodeo Clown

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

SmackedDownAgain wrote:
Let's learn a little more on where you are getting these fringe group notions...
ACORN: Breibart’s Web site was the central agency for disseminating videos that were later shown to have been heavily edited in order to convey a fictional scenario smearing a social service organization that had for years been assisting low-income citizens with financial advice and voter registration. Every investigation of the affair exonerated ACORN and affirmed the videos' deception. Breitbart’s henchman, James O’Keefe, is being sued by former ACORN employee Juan Carlos Vera.
Acorn is/was a bunch of lunatic trash!
Acorn Rodeo Clown

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

UdintBuildThat wrote:
Hey F Tard.... I never called the president a dumb half breed. Maybe I've called him a dumbass monkey with a hand grenade foaming at the mouth a few times.... but never a half breed.
I mean WTF???? I would still hate his white half too ya dipshitt.
Now everyone on the planet knows he's a dumbass monkey with a hand grenade foaming at the mouth. Isn't it time for Vlad Putin to kick his arse again on a world wide tv news feed?Caesar Obamus should seriously consider wearing the 5 pointed jester hat! It would be very appropriate for the occasion.
I think this song represents Obama and his issues:

You think that I don't feel love
But what I feel for you is real love
In other's eyes I see reflected
A hurt, scorned, rejected

Love child, never meant to be
Love child, born in poverty
Love child, take a look at me

I started my life in an old
Cold run down tenement slum
My father left, he never even married mom
I shared the guilt my mama knew
So afraid that others knew I had no name

This love we're contemplatin'
Is worth the pain of waitin'
We'll only end up hatin'
The child we may be creatin'

Love child, scorned by society
Love child, always second best
Love child, different from the rest

Hold on, hold on, just a little bit longer
(Mmm, baby)
Hold on, hold on, just a little bit longer
(Mmm, baby)

I started school, in a worn, torn
Dress that somebody threw out
I knew the way it felt to always live in doubt
To be without the simple things
So afraid my friends would see the guilt in me

Don't think that I don't need you
Don't think I don't wanna please you
No child of mine'll be bearing
The name of shame I've been wearing

Love child, love child
Never quite as good
Afraid, ashamed, misunderstood
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, Obama IS a 1/2 breed in the literal & biologic sense. He & his koolade drinking in denial minions are the only ones that would argue that FACT.
They would also deny or ignore that FACT that 90% or more of Black voters cast their ballots for Obama & THEY have the brass to call others racists? I am stunned.
In my opinion, Obama IS the racist, One problem is that HE doesn't admit that, HIS minions do NOT admit that, & his koolade drinking fans ignore those facts about the divisive 'Reverend Jeramia (sp)Wrong, a race baiting non-christian, non-American a$$hole.
Without a doubt. Besides his comments regarding the white cop that arrested the black out of control home owner and said the white cop "acted stupidly" he made several comments about a local shooting in Florida where Trayvon Martin was gunned down for attacking a Hispanic man.

He fully supports his AG. Holder is a racist and DumBama seems to have no objection. Holder refused to prosecute Black Panther members who were harassing people going to vote. He sent his goons from the FBI down to Florida to look for any hint of racism in the Trayvon Martin case. He even had our tax money spent to support Trayvon Martin rallies that could have easily ended up in riots. With all this going on, DumBama didn't even blink an eye.

I wonder what liberals would have said if Bush and his AG did that with a black guy shooting a white?
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
You say you are not using the word in a racial way? How is that possible? What do you think the word "half breed" means?
half-breed
n. Offensive
A person of mixed racial descent, especially a person of Native American and white parentage.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/half-breed
It's not racial because I'm not putting down the black side of his race. If half-breed is offensive in a racial way, which race of DumBama should be offended?
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not racial because I'm not putting down the black side of his race. If half-breed is offensive in a racial way, which race of DumBama should be offended?
I see. In your mind, something is only "racial" if it's an insult. Of course, any educated person understands that the word "racial" is not an insult, it is an adjective that is defined as being "of, relating to, or based on a race." By definition, "half breed" is a racial term (as are "Asian" and "Caucasian.") It has no meaning outside of a racial context.

Now, it's quite possible that you are sincere and just uneducated about the meaning of words. But I suspect that you do understand that "half breed" is a racial epithet, but you don't want to be seen as a bigot, so you are being deliberately obtuse.

By the way, I'm always amused by your constant use of the insult "DumBama." By every measure, he is your intellectual superior. You are like a flabby weakling telling everyone how puny the Olympic athlete is. Obama has an undergraduate degree from Columbia University and Doctorate of Law from Harvard University. He's written several best selling books. He has traveled the world.

You drive a truck.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. In your mind, something is only "racial" if it's an insult. Of course, any educated person understands that the word "racial" is not an insult, it is an adjective that is defined as being "of, relating to, or based on a race." By definition, "half breed" is a racial term (as are "Asian" and "Caucasian.") It has no meaning outside of a racial context.
Now, it's quite possible that you are sincere and just uneducated about the meaning of words. But I suspect that you do understand that "half breed" is a racial epithet, but you don't want to be seen as a bigot, so you are being deliberately obtuse.
By the way, I'm always amused by your constant use of the insult "DumBama." By every measure, he is your intellectual superior. You are like a flabby weakling telling everyone how puny the Olympic athlete is. Obama has an undergraduate degree from Columbia University and Doctorate of Law from Harvard University. He's written several best selling books. He has traveled the world.
You drive a truck.
Yes he has traveled the world. And just look at how much it cost taxpayers:

Obama Africa Trip To Cost Up To $100 Million: Report
The Huffington Post | By Nick Wing
Posted: 06/14/2013 10:33 am EDT

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/14/obam...

I love how you leftists think education makes one person better than another. It's been a staple of the Democrat party for decades. Bush is stupid, Reagan was dumb, Ford is a klutz and so on.

I call DumBama dumb because you need more than an education to be brilliant. You need common sense. In fact, the country would be in much better shape today if we had a President who had more common sense over education.

Yeah I'm a truck driver. I'm probably the only person on Topix that has a common mans job. Everybody else (particularly liberals) seem to be doing so much better than I am. On blogs, I've met published authors, scientists, doctors, college professors, CEO's company owners. Me? I'm the only truck driver here. LOL!

It's not that I have disdain for education the way you have for working people, it's just that in many cases, the more one learns, the less logic they possess. I guess this is why liberals are so void of common sense. There are people who have both education and common sense, but those are Republicans.

But hey....... why listen to me? After all, I'm only a truck driver, and what can a truck driver with common sense know over a Harvard graduate?

For one, I know that you can't put people back to work when you give them incentives to not work. I know you can't get the economy in the right direction when the federal government took over one-sixth of that economy. I know you can't get out of debt by spending more money. I know that when you promote irresponsibility, you end up with more irresponsible people. I know how to pronounce corpsman. I know we only have 50 states in our country, and I also know you can't save more oil by inflating your car tires than you can drilling for it.
Jimmy John

Amelia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he has traveled the world. And just look at how much it cost taxpayers:
Obama Africa Trip To Cost Up To $100 Million: Report
The Huffington Post | By Nick Wing
Posted: 06/14/2013 10:33 am EDT
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/14/obam...
I love how you leftists think education makes one person better than another. It's been a staple of the Democrat party for decades. Bush is stupid, Reagan was dumb, Ford is a klutz and so on.
I call DumBama dumb because you need more than an education to be brilliant. You need common sense. In fact, the country would be in much better shape today if we had a President who had more common sense over education.
Yeah I'm a truck driver. I'm probably the only person on Topix that has a common mans job. Everybody else (particularly liberals) seem to be doing so much better than I am. On blogs, I've met published authors, scientists, doctors, college professors, CEO's company owners. Me? I'm the only truck driver here. LOL!
It's not that I have disdain for education the way you have for working people, it's just that in many cases, the more one learns, the less logic they possess. I guess this is why liberals are so void of common sense. There are people who have both education and common sense, but those are Republicans.
But hey....... why listen to me? After all, I'm only a truck driver, and what can a truck driver with common sense know over a Harvard graduate?
For one, I know that you can't put people back to work when you give them incentives to not work. I know you can't get the economy in the right direction when the federal government took over one-sixth of that economy. I know you can't get out of debt by spending more money. I know that when you promote irresponsibility, you end up with more irresponsible people. I know how to pronounce corpsman. I know we only have 50 states in our country, and I also know you can't save more oil by inflating your car tires than you can drilling for it.
Does an education really make someone better than another? I don't think so. I went to school with someone who had a very high IQ, but this person could not tie his shoes. If you look at our congress, courts or police you see some real dumb people. What is the psychology behind all of them?
That's what makes the world go around.
Think About It !
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>

You drive a truck.
...."by EVERY MEASURE, he is your intellectual superior."
What a misstatement! Education & intelligence are not truly interchangeable terms.
In my opinion he is one of the dumbest "educated" people that I have ever been exposed to.
There are many people that have photographic memory or total recall that can 'fly' through schooling but would have trouble changing batteries in anything without 1st being shown how.
Obama likely couldn't manage a check book since he clearly hasn't balanced a budget that he PROMISED to do in his 1st 3 years, cut the deficit in 1/2 in his 1st term & we ALL see how that has come about.
I will concede that there are other things that Obama is better at than me, such as lying, denying, blaming others, wasting money, being arrogant except when in the presence of monarchs to which he bows when international agreements state that ALL heads of states are equals. So are their representatives or Maggie Thatcher, Golda Mier, Condi Rice & Hillary Clinton could not have functioned in many countries where women are subservient.
Obama & his indoctrinated minions just keep passing the kool-ade & the insecure, non-thinking voters that have unwarranted self esteem.
The media is out to make money 1st, often by deciding what is news, not actually reporting the news.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy John wrote:
<quoted text>
Does an education really make someone better than another? I don't think so. I went to school with someone who had a very high IQ, but this person could not tie his shoes. If you look at our congress, courts or police you see some real dumb people. What is the psychology behind all of them?
That's what makes the world go around.
Think About It !
Exactly. My late uncle was a very smart guy. All A's in college and his military training was a plus. He ended up dying as a janitor with not a dime to his name. First the drinking, then the gambling, and he finally did odd jobs until he landed the full time janitor job.

In my field of work, we have our share of college graduates. They were smart enough to go through college, but not smart enough to choose a career where there was a lot of employment. That's what I mean when I point out the difference between logic and education. You can't teach logic in school. You either have it or you don't. And what I've found from experience is that college boys make terrible truck drivers. Truck driving involves some education, but to be good at it, it mostly requires common sense.
Annie

Hudson, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. My late uncle was a very smart guy. All A's in college and his military training was a plus. He ended up dying as a janitor with not a dime to his name. First the drinking, then the gambling, and he finally did odd jobs until he landed the full time janitor job.
In my field of work, we have our share of college graduates. They were smart enough to go through college, but not smart enough to choose a career where there was a lot of employment. That's what I mean when I point out the difference between logic and education. You can't teach logic in school. You either have it or you don't. And what I've found from experience is that college boys make terrible truck drivers. Truck driving involves some education, but to be good at it, it mostly requires common sense.
I wonder how many of those super intelligent and super educated college graduates could pass the written CDL test, let alone the driving part. As when I pass a church or a semi, I always say a small prayer of thank you. It's a realistic indication of how well the economy is doing by the amount of trucks on the road. Thank God for truck drivers. Thank God for many other supposed blue collar workers also. It amuses me when the snot nose college grads make snotty comments and insults against the very people that made our once great country once great.
Some huge and popular corporations are now requiring tests instead of GPA and degrees when considering hiring someone. Harvard and the like, have let their primarily liberal professors, doom this country. Most don't even know the difference between a solvent and an acid, wet sanding or dry sanding. They are mostly a bunch of "whack em pack em" unidentifiable genders.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy John wrote:
<quoted text>
Does an education really make someone better than another? I don't think so.
When you are seriously ill, do you go to a medical doctor that has lots of "book learning", or do you go to an uneducated person who has lots of "common sense"?
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how many of those super intelligent and super educated college graduates could pass the written CDL test, let alone the driving part. As when I pass a church or a semi, I always say a small prayer of thank you. It's a realistic indication of how well the economy is doing by the amount of trucks on the road. Thank God for truck drivers. Thank God for many other supposed blue collar workers also. It amuses me when the snot nose college grads make snotty comments and insults against the very people that made our once great country once great.
Some huge and popular corporations are now requiring tests instead of GPA and degrees when considering hiring someone. Harvard and the like, have let their primarily liberal professors, doom this country. Most don't even know the difference between a solvent and an acid, wet sanding or dry sanding. They are mostly a bunch of "whack em pack em" unidentifiable genders.
On behalf of all truck drivers, I thank you for your prayers. We need them because truck driving is one of the ten most deadliest jobs in America.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacquelynsmith/20...

Your comment reminds me of my nephew. He graduated with a Masters and has a great job. But he couldn't hammer two boards together if his life depended on it. LOL! He's a great kid and we're more like friends than relatives, so I raz him about it all the time.

Certain people are geared towards certain things I guess. Like my father, I couldn't stand to work inside. I've done it a few times and hated it. The only job I liked working inside was when I was teaching music at the music store. I enjoyed that although it was only part-time.

I found the same thing with teaching. For some reason or another, the students who were obsessed with sports had no ability to play a musical instrument. They tried, and I know when a student is practicing because his strings would be out of tune by the next lesson. They simply didn't have what it took no matter how much I tried to teach them. When my boss sent me a new student and he came into the studio with sports gear on talking about the Indians or Browns, I knew that kid stood no chance at ever being a musician.

On that note (no pun intended), I couldn't tell you about one football play or basketball move. It just doesn't interest me. I guess that's why I'm on Topix discussing politics.
citizen

Centerburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
When you are seriously ill, do you go to a medical doctor that has lots of "book learning", or do you go to an uneducated person who has lots of "common sense"?
. Hey now- I think your spot on in judging POP's on his kool aid opinion of Obama! Everyone should have respect for our President regardless of their politics! I feel his color is a major fault for many, so they use the Fox News "kool aid", as a sheep follower opinion! POP's is the type that waits for the polls to decide, before he votes, IF, he even votes! Most truck drivers don't, they just jaw! Obama is probably the best educated president the country has had! Opinion's are like butts, everyone has one!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,561 - 18,580 of25,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Findlay Discussions

Search the Findlay Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Apr 15 worm 168
OH Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in O... (Oct '10) Apr 15 squid 118
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Apr 14 Repub 187
Police say woman faked cancer for donations (Oct '12) Mar 26 Janet Spencer 3
OH Who do you support for Attorney General in Ohio... (Oct '10) Mar 20 Recon 403
Loose Teachers Feb '14 Larry the Table Guy 1
fun Feb '14 looking 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Findlay Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Findlay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE