xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20175 Aug 29, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pretty dense aren't you?
I just presented you with one of the many real life things that are hampering our economy these days, and your only response is that I'm dense?

Let me tell you what dense is: dense is thinking that money magically appears because you want it to. Dense is thinking that the solutions to our problems is government and not individual choices. Dense is thinking that our educational problems are solved with more money from taxpayers. Dense is thinking that since our other government healthcare systems have failed, the solution is to expand government healthcare. Dense is thinking that the only way to get the country out of it's financial hole is to spend more money. That's dense.

The problem with you liberals is that you are vacant of common sense. Some of you may be well educated, but you still can't figure out that when you place your hand on a hot stove, you'll get burned.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results each time."

"Only a complete fool would believe that the people who created a problem have the solution to it."
Just Sayin

Chillicothe, OH

#20176 Aug 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I just presented you with one of the many real life things that are hampering our economy these days, and your only response is that I'm dense?
Let me tell you what dense is: dense is thinking that money magically appears because you want it to. Dense is thinking that the solutions to our problems is government and not individual choices. Dense is thinking that our educational problems are solved with more money from taxpayers. Dense is thinking that since our other government healthcare systems have failed, the solution is to expand government healthcare. Dense is thinking that the only way to get the country out of it's financial hole is to spend more money. That's dense.
The problem with you liberals is that you are vacant of common sense. Some of you may be well educated, but you still can't figure out that when you place your hand on a hot stove, you'll get burned.
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results each time."
"Only a complete fool would believe that the people who created a problem have the solution to it."
Yup you're dense. I'm not sure where you got the idea that I lean left, but you're off on tangents when all I said was that our elected officials have sold is out. They get their pockets lined for passing legislation forcing corporations to move production over seas.
Pops

Newport, KY

#20177 Aug 29, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>. You promised you were off of here- did you change your mind? Just Saying-------- Just Saying
Another idiot! Are you related to Canton? re-read post #20127. I NEVER said that I would never post again let alone PROMISE any such thing.
For you to post what you just posted shows YOUR level of intellect. I am glad that YOU & I are not related.
IF we were, I would turn a fire hose on the gene pool to dilute it & smile while doing it.
Pops

Newport, KY

#20178 Aug 29, 2013
YourPappyBuiltThat wrote:
<quoted text>
You should stop on by the steel foundry where I worked and share your opinions with them. Be sure to bring about a 100 people because your little momma's boy @ss wouldn't make it out the door.
YOU said "worked" were you allergic to work & left to suck the government teat?
IF not, what caused that job to 'go away'? Next, why didn't you go with it? Is it still better here than 'there'? IF so, shut the hell up & be thankful. What an A$$ you are.
Look deeper into the picture instead of simply whining & crying about this country & at least complain from abroad. That would make more sense comrade.
Be appreciative that there is 'government teat' to suck on that is paid for by shrinking number of hard workers. The 'well' will run dry sooner or later if things don't change.
Pops

Newport, KY

#20179 Aug 29, 2013
Who wants to vote Canton up+ or down- as a person having a beneficial affect to this thread?
Just wondering.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#20180 Aug 29, 2013
Down goes Canton.
FactTime

Canton, OH

#20181 Aug 30, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Down goes Canton.
Awwwww you two are playing slap and tickle games again. When will you greedy, uninformed, racists ever realize that America has voted you down. Now get back in your fetid Fox News bubble because you are relics, and America is well aware that when you say smaller government, you really mean you are a corporate fetch boy.

Also, the foundry I used to work at before my office management job is still thriving because it does military contracts for the government. Seems like the only people getting that free ride hand out is people like you, who gleefully take that government check every month, while trying to shut down future generation's earned Social Security. Get off your bloated lazy GOP asses and pay them taxes boy. You didn't build that. Your pappy handed it to you.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#20182 Aug 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is it wouldn't solve anything. They would just write if off throughout seven years instead of one.
The secondary point is that oil and gasoline companies are not getting all these tax breaks as the leftists would have you believe. They are not that much different than any other company that gets tax deductions. Leftists hate oil and that's why they started the myth of these supposed breaks. Yes, those write-offs do save them billions, but that's because nearly everybody in the world uses oil so their write-offs amount to billions.
It's just like the Wal-Mart myth. Wal-Mart is a great place to work and offers you the best chance at advancement. It's just that they are the largest store in the country and are not union. That's what Democrats don't like about them. K-Mart, Target and all the other competing stores pay their lower skilled employees the same.
How taxpayers subsidize Walmart
Walmart is the largest private employer in the U.S.-and has the most workers on public assistance. In 2007, the company shifted from regular shifts to flexible shifts, a change labor activists said was designed to force full-time workers to downgrade their status to part-time, so they would not qualify for health insurance or other benefits. The result is that hundreds of thousands of Walmart employees rely on state benefits or Medicaid. Most of the company's warehouses are contracted out to temp agencies, so even if a warehouse loader works full-time in a Walmart warehouse for years, he gets no benefits. Walmart has also spent at least $1 billion since 2005 settling lawsuits over unpaid wages or illegal working conditions. One study estimated that Walmart costs taxpayers more than $1 billion every year.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#20183 Aug 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please. This has been a trend long before Clinton. Jobs have been leaving this country since the 70's when unions had a stronghold on the country.
The libs still haven't stopped. Let me give you a personal example:
The engine lights on my truck came on yet once again. I had to take it to the shop to have the computer checked out and erase the codes.
Talking with the technician, he explained that all these false alarms are because of the EPA garbage required by the government. Today, 80% of repairs on trucks are due to some pollution gadget going haywire or a computer board (needed to run this pollution crap) malfunction. This on top of the thousands of dollars of pollution crap on the truck not to mention Diesel Emission Fluid (DEF) and lower sulfur diesel fuel. Today, trucks cost nearly $20,000 more because of all the required pollution crap needed to manufacture the vehicle.
All this costs money, and those costs get transferred to our customers. Our customers transfer those costs to their products that you and I buy at the store. When that happens, customers elect to buy foreign products made from countries where the citizens walk around with gas masks because the air is so bad.
When that happens, liberals don't blame themselves. They tell the sheep they lost their jobs because of a greedy CEO somewhere. The truth is that it's the Democrats who are chasing those jobs away with all their regulation. And it's the sheep that support their actions.
Our great country cannot be destroyed by a foreign entity. It will be destroyed by US bureaucrats and lifelong appointed judges, because it's these people who can ruin the country without facing any retaliation from the citizens.
That's just too funny, you cry about EPA and the clean air regulations and then point out the fact where foreign countries have to wear gas masks because the air is so bad.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#20184 Aug 30, 2013
FactTime wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwwww you two are playing slap and tickle games again. When will you greedy, uninformed, racists ever realize that America has voted you down. Now get back in your fetid Fox News bubble because you are relics, and America is well aware that when you say smaller government, you really mean you are a corporate fetch boy.
Also, the foundry I used to work at before my office management job is still thriving because it does military contracts for the government. Seems like the only people getting that free ride hand out is people like you, who gleefully take that government check every month, while trying to shut down future generation's earned Social Security. Get off your bloated lazy GOP asses and pay them taxes boy. You didn't build that. Your pappy handed it to you.
Blahhh blahh blahhh blah..... by the way I thought I was a trust fund baby and now you're saying I'm the welfare leech...

You're nothing but a carnival barker. Keep spewing.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#20186 Aug 30, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
starter jobs were never intended to support a family.
to earn more than minimum wage you must provide value to the employer.
jobs any trained monkey can excel at pay minimum wage.
The entire spin the liberals have for healthcare is a false premise.
It is 100% power grab for votes.
The unions are against obamacare because the unions lose power.
The ability to convince yourself of your own lies is something you have mastered in.
Canton

Cincinnati, OH

#20188 Aug 30, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Blahhh blahh blahhh blah..... by the way I thought I was a trust fund baby and now you're saying I'm the welfare leech...
You're nothing but a carnival barker. Keep spewing.
Right on target !!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20189 Aug 30, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>That's just too funny, you cry about EPA and the clean air regulations and then point out the fact where foreign countries have to wear gas masks because the air is so bad.
It is funny. What's even funnier is that you don't even understand where the humor is.

If we restrict pollution here, but somebody else is dirtying our share of the air, how does that help global warming, er........ I mean climate change?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20190 Aug 30, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>How taxpayers subsidize Walmart
Walmart is the largest private employer in the U.S.-and has the most workers on public assistance. In 2007, the company shifted from regular shifts to flexible shifts, a change labor activists said was designed to force full-time workers to downgrade their status to part-time, so they would not qualify for health insurance or other benefits. The result is that hundreds of thousands of Walmart employees rely on state benefits or Medicaid. Most of the company's warehouses are contracted out to temp agencies, so even if a warehouse loader works full-time in a Walmart warehouse for years, he gets no benefits. Walmart has also spent at least $1 billion since 2005 settling lawsuits over unpaid wages or illegal working conditions. One study estimated that Walmart costs taxpayers more than $1 billion every year.
Well duh.

If Wal-Mart has the most workers in a store chain, doesn't it make sense they would have the most minimum wage employees in the country?

And how many billions does it cost taxpayers to help McDonald's employees, Wendy's employees, Burger King employees, just about every pizza shop in the country, hardware store employees, K-Mart employees, Taco Bell employees??????

See, this is what I mean. You leftists gravitate to publications that only tell half of the story. That's why it's good there is Fox news around.

Last I read, none of these businesses were convicted of holding a gun to people's heads and forcing them to work for their company. if I go to Wal-Mart and don't like the wage, benefits or the job in general, I go work for somebody else. Why is that so difficult for a cradle-to-graver?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20191 Aug 30, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup you're dense. I'm not sure where you got the idea that I lean left, but you're off on tangents when all I said was that our elected officials have sold is out. They get their pockets lined for passing legislation forcing corporations to move production over seas.
No. That's not it at all. A politicians number one goal is to stay in office. Power is everything to many of these people.

Go out and talk with people. It's not like talking to people here. Most have no idea what's going on in politics or with policies. How do you think DumBama got elected? Twice!!!!

When DumBama first showed up, he was against about a dozen or so other experienced candidates in the primary. It boiled down to Hillary and DumBama. DumBama had barely any experience in federal government and Hillary had 8 years in the Senate and 8 years in the White House. Who did the Democrats vote for? They voted for the most inexperienced candidate. Does that sound like an intelligent electorate to you?

So all the environmentalists know is that the Democrats are getting on corporate America and industry in particular. Legislation is not passed for money, legislation is passed to buy votes.
River Girl Rodeo Clown

Circleville, OH

#20192 Aug 30, 2013
Who do I want for Governor? As of this date, I would have to say Gilligan, he can't do anymore damage, now can he?
Just Sayin

Chillicothe, OH

#20193 Aug 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No. That's not it at all. A politicians number one goal is to stay in office. Power is everything to many of these people.
Go out and talk with people. It's not like talking to people here. Most have no idea what's going on in politics or with policies. How do you think DumBama got elected? Twice!!!!
When DumBama first showed up, he was against about a dozen or so other experienced candidates in the primary. It boiled down to Hillary and DumBama. DumBama had barely any experience in federal government and Hillary had 8 years in the Senate and 8 years in the White House. Who did the Democrats vote for? They voted for the most inexperienced candidate. Does that sound like an intelligent electorate to you?
So all the environmentalists know is that the Democrats are getting on corporate America and industry in particular. Legislation is not passed for money, legislation is passed to buy votes.
I didn't vote for Obama, but you made the perfect point as to why I should have. He was an outsider. But it takes a strong man to avoid all the money and do the right thing, Obama is not that man, he's spineless. I know that the EPA and the unions have driven up manufacturing costs, I'm not disputing that. But the politicians (on both sides of the isle) are getting rich all the while screwing us. People need to quit pointing left and right, both sides are screwing us. If it cost less to make a widget in the US, we'd make widgets in the US. Get it?
requirements for governor

Logan, OH

#20194 Aug 30, 2013
I know the Governor is supposed to take a oath but does he have to have bond????
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20195 Aug 30, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't vote for Obama, but you made the perfect point as to why I should have. He was an outsider. But it takes a strong man to avoid all the money and do the right thing, Obama is not that man, he's spineless. I know that the EPA and the unions have driven up manufacturing costs, I'm not disputing that. But the politicians (on both sides of the isle) are getting rich all the while screwing us. People need to quit pointing left and right, both sides are screwing us. If it cost less to make a widget in the US, we'd make widgets in the US. Get it?
Of course I understand that. But what you don't understand is that Americans are consumed with cheap. We are all guilty of it too.

Take a look around. How many KFC's have you seen close down in the past couple of years? Most of them. We are so cheap that we won't even pay for good fast food. KFC is huge in China and they don't even sell that much chicken. So they closed outlets here and opened up hundreds in China.

Wal-Mart is number one for a reason: they have the cheapest products. So when you say "if" we made cheaper products here, that's the catch. We can't make cheaper products here and the reason we can't is because of all the regulations.

Now there is this push to make minimum wage $15.00. If politicians get behind this, it will drive even more jobs overseas.

Within all this, we still can't absolve ourselves. We don't look at where our products are made--we look at what the price of our products are. We don't care about the politicians, we don't care how environmentally destructive the country that made the product, we don't care if they use child labor. We care about price, and that's our fault.
Just Sayin

Chillicothe, OH

#20196 Aug 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
Of course I understand that. But what you don't understand is that Americans are consumed with cheap. We are all guilty of it too.
Take a look around. How many KFC's have you seen close down in the past couple of years? Most of them. We are so cheap that we won't even pay for good fast food. KFC is huge in China and they don't even sell that much chicken. So they closed outlets here and opened up hundreds in China.
Wal-Mart is number one for a reason: they have the cheapest products. So when you say "if" we made cheaper products here, that's the catch. We can't make cheaper products here and the reason we can't is because of all the regulations.
Now there is this push to make minimum wage $15.00. If politicians get behind this, it will drive even more jobs overseas.
Within all this, we still can't absolve ourselves. We don't look at where our products are made--we look at what the price of our products are. We don't care about the politicians, we don't care how environmentally destructive the country that made the product, we don't care if they use child labor. We care about price, and that's our fault.
Okay, blame the corporations and let the politicians skate. Typical liberal attitude.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Findlay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191
School Fees Aug '14 Parent 1
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug '14 gary 2,230
State Patrol opens sub-post in Kenton (Aug '13) Jul '14 Fancy 10
Cheri Lynn Brooks (Feb '12) Jul '14 Jumpa 5
McComb raid uncovers suspected meth lab (Sep '08) Jul '14 unknown 13
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul '14 They cannot kill ... 230
•••
•••
•••

Findlay Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Findlay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Findlay News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Findlay