Pops

Newport, KY

#20021 Aug 18, 2013
lol wrote:
People! It's 2013 not 2010. Get over it!
Have you noticed that the conversation has morphed away from the topic title but that the conversation is still coherent among the posters?
That means that YOUR comment is off of subject. sry to inform you of that. lol
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20022 Aug 18, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Funny how you single out one form of scandal...
Its like you're bragging on how impressive the media is like a teflon condom for all the democrats scandals.
Both sides have their sex scandals. The difference is that Republicans are so vocal about being the voice of morality, that they come off as huge hypocrites when their true natures are revealed.

Two examples:
"Republican Helen Chenoweth (1998): The archconservative Idaho congresswoman, who blasted Bill Clinton's infidelity, copped to a six-year affair with a married rancher from her home state in the 1980s."

"Republican James West (2005): The Spokane mayor, who long opposed gay rights bills, was recalled from office after a gay Internet sex scandal and more were revealed."

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2009/06/24...
Pops

Newport, KY

#20023 Aug 18, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Both sides have their sex scandals. The difference is that Republicans are so vocal about being the voice of morality, that they come off as huge hypocrites when their true natures are revealed.
Two examples:
"Republican Helen Chenoweth (1998): The archconservative Idaho congresswoman, who blasted Bill Clinton's infidelity, copped to a six-year affair with a married rancher from her home state in the 1980s."
"Republican James West (2005): The Spokane mayor, who long opposed gay rights bills, was recalled from office after a gay Internet sex scandal and more were revealed."
Yea, Then there was all 3 of the Kennedy brothers, LBJ, and Weiner said that someone hacked his account & had hired a pro to find out who. Then there was Mr Edwards & then the I believe the South Carolina congressman that simply disappeared & was supposedly hiking the App. Trail. ALL of us could go on & on about this topic.
In recent history, Carter, Reagan & GW were the only ones that seemed to have kept their privates private.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20024 Aug 18, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Two examples:
They do stand out more because of one, the media is a big help in that department and two, Democrats don't have morality, so when somebody pulls a Monica, it's not looked down by the constituents, it's accepted and even praised.

Every group of people has their bad apples be it the police, the firemen, the Catholic priests, CCW holders, the Democrats and yes, the Republicans. The difference however is how the rest of the people respond to their bad apples.

In the Republican party, they usually throw their own under the bus. In the Democrat party, they stick together. The Democrats did their best to protect Clinton during the Jones situation and impeachment, but when it came to Nixon, they told him to leave the room and don't let the door hit him in the azz.

Trent Lott complimented Strom Thurman at his PRIVATE birthday party saying had he been elected President, our country would be in better shape today. The Democrats spun that into some kind of racial thing and even though Lott did nothing wrong, he resigned from his position. Compare that to when William Jefferson was caught hiding money in a freezer during Katrina, and even summoned the national guard to help him get his car out of the mud. He went down kicking and screaming.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20025 Aug 18, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Trent Lott complimented Strom Thurman
If you do a Google search for "Trent Lott complimented Strom Thurman" you'll get 51,700 hits.

So, first, I'm busting you on cutting and pasting random crap from conservative blogs, instead of giving a more thoughtful reply.

Second, his name is Strom Thurmond, not "Thurman." He was a "Dixiecrat", a Southern Democrat that hated the idea of civil rights. So much so, that he filibustered for more than 24 hours the Civil Rights Act of 1957 (still a record!), and in the mid-1960s he opposed the civil rights legislation to end segregation and enforce the voting rights of African-American citizens. That's why Trent Lott's comments were not well received.

There are a lot of negatives to being an old guy, but a positive is that I won't be fooled by those who merely cut and paste the words of others (at least as long as my memory remains intact!)
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20026 Aug 18, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you do a Google search for "Trent Lott complimented Strom Thurman" you'll get 51,700 hits.
So, first, I'm busting you on cutting and pasting random crap from conservative blogs, instead of giving a more thoughtful reply.
Second, his name is Strom Thurmond, not "Thurman." He was a "Dixiecrat", a Southern Democrat that hated the idea of civil rights. So much so, that he filibustered for more than 24 hours the Civil Rights Act of 1957 (still a record!), and in the mid-1960s he opposed the civil rights legislation to end segregation and enforce the voting rights of African-American citizens. That's why Trent Lott's comments were not well received.
There are a lot of negatives to being an old guy, but a positive is that I won't be fooled by those who merely cut and paste the words of others (at least as long as my memory remains intact!)
Then I challenge you. Show me one place where I could have copied and pasted my reply. Just one. You can't, and do you know why? Because I didn't. Those are my own words and my own thoughts.

While I may not be an old guy, I'm not far behind you. And I remember what took place at that birthday party like it was last week. Just like I remember not long afterwards, Rush Limbaugh lost his dream job because he said the media was anxious to promote a black quarterback. Need more? I remember when John Kerry told a bunch of college kids that if they didn't stay in school, they may end up in a place like Iraq. Then he backtracked saying it was a "flubbed' joke.

Or did I get all that from conservative blogs too?

Thurmond like many politicians held a lot of views during his career. For Democrats to conclude that Lott's remark was in reference to his racial views WHILE HE WAS A DEMOCRAT is nothing more than a play at the race card so common with liberals. Again, it was not a public event. It was a private event where some creepy liberal snuck in and recorded Lott's remarks.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20027 Aug 18, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Trent Lott complimented Strom Thurman at his PRIVATE birthday party saying had he been elected President, our country would be in better shape today. The Democrats spun that into some kind of racial thing...
That's right, "some kind of racial thing." Since you say you are old enough to remember, maybe you'll remember this:

"Thurmond ran as the presidential nominee of the breakaway Dixiecrat Party in the 1948 presidential race against Democrat Harry Truman and Republican Thomas Dewey. He carried Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and his home state of South Carolina, of which he was governor at the time.

During the campaign, he said, "All the laws of Washington and all the bayonets of the Army cannot force the Negro into our homes, our schools, our churches."

Thurmond's party ran under a platform that declared in part, "We stand for the segregation of the races and the racial integrity of each race.""

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/12/0...
DontMindTheFacts

Canton, OH

#20028 Aug 19, 2013
Funny how every rightwing claim you guys make on here and every prediction you repeat from your Tea Bagger's emailed newsletters is time and time again, proven to be complete garbage and absolutely false. From healthcare, to the environment, to the economy. Every single thing. Wonder how long it will be before you guys stop and realize that? Considering a huge part of America could instantly see that GW Bush and his administration were idiots and conniving, corporate war mongers, cashing in on religion to push forward their oil industry agenda, while you guys gleefully voted for him twice, I'd say it will be a very long time before you guys can take a step back and realize how stupid you sound when you make these false claims.
DontMindTheFacts

Canton, OH

#20029 Aug 19, 2013
Wonder why you never hear people saying things like "He wasn't a real Democrat" or "He wasn't a real Atheist"? Any time a rightwinger gets busted being a scumbag or a liar, we always hear things like "He wasn't a real Republican" or "Conservative" or "Christian". Your camp has been dishing out bullsh1t so long that you have your excuses lined up like a Pez candy dispenser.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#20030 Aug 19, 2013
Maybe you can tell us why his dog doesn't ride on the same plane? It couldn't be because he's a muslim or anything as crazy as that..... so why does bo get his own Osprey?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#20031 Aug 19, 2013
WordGames wrote:
<quoted text>
"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."
-Greek proverb
it is called Succession Planning.

performed daily in the military & business word.

to teach for tomorrow.
Annie

Twinsburg, OH

#20032 Aug 19, 2013
lol wrote:
People! It's 2013 not 2010. Get over it!
I admit I thought it odd that this thread is 3 years old and has had so many posters. It does meander all over the place but it is still quite interesting, informative and even funny at times. It's entertainment, so change the channel if you don't like the program.
Annie

Twinsburg, OH

#20034 Aug 19, 2013
DontMindTheFacts wrote:
Funny how every rightwing claim you guys make on here and every prediction you repeat from your Tea Bagger's emailed newsletters is time and time again, proven to be complete garbage and absolutely false. From healthcare, to the environment, to the economy. Every single thing. Wonder how long it will be before you guys stop and realize that? Considering a huge part of America could instantly see that GW Bush and his administration were idiots and conniving, corporate war mongers, cashing in on religion to push forward their oil industry agenda, while you guys gleefully voted for him twice, I'd say it will be a very long time before you guys can take a step back and realize how stupid you sound when you make these false claims.
What guys gleefully voted for what guy twice?
UhOhFacts

Canton, OH

#20035 Aug 19, 2013
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
What guys gleefully voted for what guy twice?
Rightwing Christian Conservatives (Also see the Tea Party, Libertarians, Freedom Works, The Heritage Foundation, The Koch Brothers, Blackwater, K12, Dominionism)

Look it up
UhOhFacts

Canton, OH

#20036 Aug 19, 2013
GW Bush
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20037 Aug 19, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I challenge you. Show me one place where I could have copied and pasted my reply. Just one. You can't, and do you know why? Because I didn't. Those are my own words and my own thoughts.
You're right and I was wrong. You may not know how to spell Strom Thurmond's last name, and you wrongly think he ran for President as as a Democrat, but I do believe now that you wrote those words.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20039 Aug 19, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right and I was wrong. You may not know how to spell Strom Thurmond's last name, and you wrongly think he ran for President as as a Democrat, but I do believe now that you wrote those words.
I didn't say that. What I said is that he held racist views while he was a Democrat.
Pops

Newport, KY

#20040 Aug 19, 2013
DontMindTheFacts wrote:
Wonder why you never hear people saying things like "He wasn't a real Democrat" or "He wasn't a real Atheist"? Any time a rightwinger gets busted being a scumbag or a liar, we always hear things like "He wasn't a real Republican" or "Conservative" or "Christian". Your camp has been dishing out bullsh1t so long that you have your excuses lined up like a Pez candy dispenser.
< R O F L > WITH ALL OF YOUR PERSONAL MANURE, I wager that the lettuce in your garden grows as high as an elephants eye.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20041 Aug 19, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Maybe you can tell us why his dog doesn't ride on the same plane? It couldn't be because he's a muslim or anything as crazy as that..... so why does bo get his own Osprey?
Probably for the same reason his wife does.

I remember trips he took where Wheezie took her own plane and arrived the day after DumBama did. WTF was she doing that she was so busy?

And let's not forget Nazi Piglosi. She ordered a much larger plane where she entertained family and guests. Every trip, she flew that plane from one side of the country to the other. When she wasn't using it, her family was.

Ah yes, the same carbon footprint left by Al Jazeera Gore.

Just some examples from the Democrat Bible: Do as I say, not as I do.
Pops

Newport, KY

#20042 Aug 19, 2013
UhOhFacts wrote:
<quoted text>
Rightwing Christian Conservatives (Also see the Tea Party, Libertarians, Freedom Works, The Heritage Foundation, The Koch Brothers, Blackwater, K12, Dominionism)
Look it up
Playing both sides of the topic now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Findlay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cassity Green (Aug '11) Nov '14 FcukABitchDotNet 3
Review: Vapor Emporia Nov '14 dustin boes 1
adult breast feeding Oct '14 bighoss 1
A to z variety opening monday 10-17-14 Oct '14 A to z variety 2
School Fees Aug '14 Parent 1
State Patrol opens sub-post in Kenton (Aug '13) Jul '14 Fancy 10
Cheri Lynn Brooks (Feb '12) Jul '14 Jumpa 5
Findlay Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web