Pops

Newport, KY

#19680 Jul 24, 2013
MomsBasement4U wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, as much as science has proven you do love chatting it up with other men, there's really no need for you to keep begging to gargle my Harry Potters. Science has spoken and boy did it make you look stupid. This IS fun. Get real used to it Princess.
Also, deleting your browsing history isn't what Pops was talking about but I do like how it's the only way you can get someone on here to agree with you.
Man, you just can't win, lil' scientifically proven secret homosexual.
Another Canton A.K.A. & the list grows. How many are there now?
Pops

Newport, KY

#19681 Jul 24, 2013
Beez wrote:
<quoted text>.
The reason we have the second amendment is so we can defend ourselves against a hostile govt. When govt is left unchecked, they tend to start believing that we shouldn't think for ourselves. Much like our current environment. The second amendment actually has nothing to do with home protection. People really should use the internet to educate themselves rather than polluting it with opinions based on feelings. This world is bigger than any individual. All the laws and restrictions in the world are not going to stop those who have no respect for the rule of law in the first place. It is time to acknowledge the world we live in instead of lying to ourselves about a utopia that will never exist this side of heaven.
You're very correct. In fact the 1st 6 amendments are very specific about protecting the individual from the government. Other amendments also protect US from the gov but there's a significant msg in the fact that the FIRST SIX CONSECUTIVE amendments strongly provide for personal rights/PROTECTIONS. NOT government powers. Hmmmmm
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#19682 Jul 25, 2013
Beez wrote:
<quoted text>.
The reason we have the second amendment is so we can defend ourselves against a hostile govt. When govt is left unchecked, they tend to start believing that we shouldn't think for ourselves. Much like our current environment. The second amendment actually has nothing to do with home protection. People really should use the internet to educate themselves rather than polluting it with opinions based on feelings. This world is bigger than any individual. All the laws and restrictions in the world are not going to stop those who have no respect for the rule of law in the first place. It is time to acknowledge the world we live in instead of lying to ourselves about a utopia that will never exist this side of heaven.
No, it was to create the ability to form cohesive militia units to counter military conquests from foreign countries. your lack of understanding of the historical facts brought you a faulty conclusion. At the time, America could not afford to house, feed, and pay a standing Army, so militia were the only way they could even hope to protect it's borders. If England had chosen to revisit the matter, then the nation needed the ability to stand ground until an Army could be raised. Does the word "militia" not have any meaning in your opinion? And to truly understand, try to read the document with the meaning of the wording at that time in history. Some words mean different things in today's world. At that time an assault weapon did not nessesarily mean an automatic weapon.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#19683 Jul 25, 2013
Beez wrote:
<quoted text>.
The reason we have the second amendment is so we can defend ourselves against a hostile govt.
If that was true, we should have the right to bear NUCLEAR arms (otherwise it's going to be a pretty one-sided battle!)

Actually, the text of the amendment says the right to bear arms shall not be infringed, but the Supreme Court has ruled that that, while the right exists, all sorts of limitations are legal. That sure sounds like "infringement" to me.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#19684 Jul 25, 2013
John Hancock wrote:
Fox news sucks and is for old people.#Truth
Why is it CNN and pMSNBC can't pry their constituents away from MTV and BET stations to watch????
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#19687 Jul 25, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it CNN and pMSNBC can't pry their constituents away from MTV and BET stations to watch????
Most likely because you get more truthful reporting from the Comedy Channel. What is pMSNBC? Never heard of it. Seen a clip that shows a Fox Channel News Alert that stated "Cat Has Standoff With Bird" Cat was on the inside looking out the window at the bird. Saw another one that stated that Obama staged the meteorite over Russia that claimed he staged it for Climate Change agenda.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#19688 Jul 25, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Jumped right on my last post huh, facts are facts, you just don't like them,doesn't fit your agenda.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#19689 Jul 25, 2013
I rest my case, I would agree with you, but that would make us both ignorant.

Nashville, TN

#19691 Jul 25, 2013
Good luck in 9th grade this year chump.

Nashville, TN

#19692 Jul 25, 2013
Keep voting for free bees. Its working out fantastic.
Pops

Newport, KY

#19693 Jul 25, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>No, it was to create the ability to form cohesive militia units to counter military conquests from foreign countries. your lack of understanding of the historical facts brought you a faulty conclusion. At the time, America could not afford to house, feed, and pay a standing Army, so militia were the only way they could even hope to protect it's borders. If England had chosen to revisit the matter, then the nation needed the ability to stand ground until an Army could be raised. Does the word "militia" not have any meaning in your opinion?
Sry but glad to say that you are not quite correct. Check out 'USC 310 10' & learn the OFFICIAL, lawful, legal definition of a militia.
Pops

Newport, KY

#19694 Jul 25, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
If that was true, we should have the right to bear NUCLEAR arms (otherwise it's going to be a pretty one-sided battle!)
Actually, the text of the amendment says the right to bear arms shall not be infringed, but the Supreme Court has ruled that that, while the right exists, all sorts of limitations are legal. That sure sounds like "infringement" to me.
Actually the 2nd amendment is one of the briefest& most succient of ALL of the amendments on purpose to minimize if not to eliminate any misunderstanding of it's intent/message. Technictely(sp), A person should be allowed to own a ICBM. With that said, I personally have a problem with any one & every one having a Thompson submachine gun but prohibition of such IS in violition of the 2nd amendment. It is subject to the simple "infringement" of wording.
IF the 2nd amendment needs to be re-worded then it should be re-written but until then it is the unambigiuos constitutional law.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#19696 Jul 25, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many possible explanations. Here are two:

The world got complicated. Most folks can't understand the math and science that underlies much of 21st Century life. So, instead of explaining, try to entertain. If you must deal with complicated issues, it's best to reduce them to "easy to remember" slogans.

As an alternative explanation, folks are still smart, but they are terribly distracted by the many choices of modern life, and have very limited attention spans.

Here's an interesting take on what's going on, and where we are heading. It's the 2006 feature film "Idiocracy" by Mike Judge. If you haven't seen it you should.(Not because it will make you smarter, but because it's very entertaining!) Watch it for free: http://viooz.co/movies/2425-idiocracy-2006.ht...

What was I talking about?
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#19697 Jul 26, 2013
KSUCK has to go >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
farmboy101

Circleville, OH

#19701 Jul 30, 2013
Do you honestly think it matters?
FakeScandal100

Canton, OH

#19702 Jul 31, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Keep voting for free bees. Its working out fantastic.
Housing market up. ObamaCare proven to work. Halliburton pleads guilty to destroying evidence in the gulf oil spill...you win!

United States

#19703 Jul 31, 2013
Noooo.. Stock Market up. Investors propping up housing market on cash printed just yesterday. IRS destroying anyone that gets in their way. Obummercare driving doctors overseas. Punk ass martin kid distracting anyone's attention from four dead Americans in Benghazi that Caesar and Hilbabs refused to help.....

Seriously.... democrats are the Globetrotters of scandal. And repiblicans are the Generals.

United States

#19704 Jul 31, 2013
Ohhhhhh, And middle class getting poorer and poorer as Caesar takes his monthly vacation in a 7 million dollar resort home.
My View

Portsmouth, OH

#19705 Jul 31, 2013
In keeping with general topic I think there are several people, men and women, who are capable of being darn good governors....Problem is MONEY! Not a Kasich fan at all but he basically outspent Strickland....and no matter who goes up against him this time around, be ready to deal with the Cook brothers, FOX news, and a bunch of other entities not even in Ohio. All about the BENS!!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#19706 Jul 31, 2013
My View wrote:
In keeping with general topic I think there are several people, men and women, who are capable of being darn good governors....Problem is MONEY! Not a Kasich fan at all but he basically outspent Strickland....and no matter who goes up against him this time around, be ready to deal with the Cook brothers, FOX news, and a bunch of other entities not even in Ohio. All about the BENS!!
Governor Kasich is the best thing since Voinovich. He erased an 8 billion deficit, managed to bring in new businesses and keep some of the businesses planning to leave Ohio in Ohio, and for most of his first term, our unemployment rate was 1% lower than the national unemployment rate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Findlay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191
School Fees Aug '14 Parent 1
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug '14 gary 2,230
State Patrol opens sub-post in Kenton (Aug '13) Jul '14 Fancy 10
Cheri Lynn Brooks (Feb '12) Jul '14 Jumpa 5
McComb raid uncovers suspected meth lab (Sep '08) Jul '14 unknown 13
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul '14 They cannot kill ... 230
•••
•••
Findlay Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Findlay Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Findlay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE